PDA

View Full Version : Celestron regal spotting scope?

Norwestalta
08-10-2018, 04:50 PM
I'm in the market for a new spotting scope and I come across one of these celestron regal m2 100ed. Anyone have experience with these and what would you compare it to?

Thanks

Frank grimes
08-10-2018, 05:36 PM
Never looked through one, but at that price point I think I would stay away from that level of magnification. I doubt it would be very usable at the higher levels.
this year I picked up a vanguard 65ed and I’m happy with it. Rokslide can be a good place for reviews and feed back on optics.

Happy shopping

Norwestalta
08-10-2018, 06:17 PM
Never looked through one, but at that price point I think I would stay away from that level of magnification. I doubt it would be very usable at the higher levels.
this year I picked up a vanguard 65ed and I’m happy with it. Rokslide can be a good place for reviews and feed back on optics.

Happy shopping

Thanks Frank. I’m kinda at a crossroads as to spending the extra loot and getting a meopta s2 which seem to have great reviews. Figured with the 100mm objective on the celestron the higher magnification might be nice to have.

Baconator
08-11-2018, 10:54 AM
I use one for the range. Never used it for hunting. The Meopta S2 would make a much better hunting scope.