PDA

View Full Version : Great place for topo maps

NI:Hunter
09-02-2007, 08:25 AM
Hey guys and gals fairly new to the site just been scrolling through old posts and noticed quite a lot of posts on where to get maps ,I just ordered five maps of the region five area from a place called Clover Point Cartographics on the island ,they were 18 bucks each but when they arrived I was amazed at the detail ,so i hope this helps just type that in google...

larry56b
09-02-2007, 08:39 AM
Thanks Hunter For That Info. Going Up To 5-13 On Sept. 8th.been Looking For Some Good Maps For A While .may Be Too Late For This Year But Will Order Some For Next..... Thanks

NI:Hunter
09-02-2007, 08:46 AM
Not too late yet they will canpar them right too your house in a couple of days....

Machinist
09-02-2007, 08:48 AM
Mountian Equipment Co op sell's BC topo maps on a DISC, it has the entire Province on one Disc , and the Detail is incrediable, A bit pricey at $85.00 but well worth it if you want detail's of a particular region.
I went for a MOTORCYCLE ride over the Duffy Lake road last weekend and used a Gps, on my bike , Then I used the info from the Gps, unit and overlayed it on my PC at home on the Topo Map disc , And it showed the entire route that I ride the Bike on , pretty cool stuff,
If you were trying to get into a certain area up North while Hunting , you could Take a Laptop with you and a GPS , and easily find your way into any where with this System.
** Technology sure has come a long way's ** from the Map and compass

Mtnhunter
09-02-2007, 08:55 AM
Try this out! Go to this government site, webmap.em.gov.bc.ca/mapplace/minpot/general.cfm
download the auto guide when prompted to and then zoom in to the area you want!
Use with the Rec atlas to find names as you zoom in then use the check boxes on the left to add features!
A lot of areas have Landsat images as well.
Enjoy!!

jettabambino
09-02-2007, 08:56 AM
anyone have a copy of this that we can maybe borrow...

:wink: or maybe download....lol just dont tell mec