PDA

View Full Version : important..urgent..help needed..now

srupp
08-01-2018, 10:36 AM
One of our members was on a 5 month hunting holiday in Bc, Alberta..this morning at 5AM everything he owned with him was STOLEN
1998 WHITE DODGE DUALLY 3500 WITH FLAT DECK LICENSE..VA7POJ
TRAVEL TRAILER ..PUMA 27SB LICENSE USD64G
2011 RED RHINO SIDE BY SIDE WITH LARGE ALUMINUM BOX IN BACK, RACK AND BRUSH BAR ON THE FRONT WITH 2 ADDITIONAL LIGHTS. LICENSE 0BOO62.
STOLEN IN AIRDRIE ALBERTA AT 5AM.
Rifles ammo ALL Johns hunting gear , clothes etc stolen.
If headed to BC..HINTON..JASPER..PRINCE GEORGE..KAMLOOPS..ETC
Please be on the lookout for our HBC members stolen outfits..please .

I will personally give $500 to any of our members who provide the lead that solves this crime.
Pass this along to anyone and everyone you know.
Thank you
If spotted contactRCMP..advise weapons on board stolen vehicles.

Steven Rupp

S.W.A.T.
08-01-2018, 10:37 AM
Pictures????

srupp
08-01-2018, 10:42 AM
Trying to get some SWAT...
Thanks
Steven

Carbonmatrix
08-01-2018, 11:58 AM
Damn that sucks Steven. Let’s hope they catch these &@$#%!!

srupp
08-01-2018, 12:12 PM
Minor league out doors posse rouded up many more eyes in Red Deer area..south to Calgary..Sucks to lose everything..glad Johns wife wasn't in the trailer at time of theft..
thanks guys..
Steven
thanks ABE..working on plan B for ewe..lol

tayleoscar
08-01-2018, 12:16 PM
Sent a copy of this to some buddies in pg

Jelvis
08-01-2018, 12:30 PM
all eyes peeled HBC will conquer this togedder, all BC covered. Kamloops members are on high alert, young and strong and some old guys watching out for our members.
Jel -- all eyes looking -- help solve crime -- Only one way out of Kammy and we got that covered --

RugDoctor
08-01-2018, 12:59 PM
Needs to be some actual penalties for property crime....clearly what's in place has NO effect on criminals...eyes peeled and new barbed wire on the baseball bat

skibum
08-01-2018, 03:23 PM
Feel for the guy, makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it.

Jagermeister
08-01-2018, 04:05 PM
I presume that the vehicle did not have a immobilizer installed. The sad fact is the victim is going to be charged with careless storage of firearms. So heed this, if you are visiting someplace and your vehicle is not being attended (you're sleeping in it), remove your firearms to where you are staying.
So Steven, how many nights was the vehicle parked where is was pinched from? This may have a bearing on how far away the stolen items may be "hidden". On the 20th of July, there was a theft here of a Utility trailer with 3 ATVs here and 4 days later the utility trailer along with one ATV were recovered here. The same day the 2nd ATV was recovered in Kamloops. Not sure if the third was recovered.
If your friends goods were there for some time, then most likely the thieves are local, not necessarily but likely. If the park duration was short, then it was likely to be "cruisers" who most likely would be transient but again not necessarily.

walks with deer
08-01-2018, 04:08 PM
is that springers rig?
will be watching...probably not far airdrie or red deer Lot of theft when i worked there

srupp
08-01-2018, 04:27 PM
No its not Springers rig...but Phil and his group..Minor league outdoors are on lookout from Red Deer
Some north in Wainwright..some south near Suffield..dont know that many NICE AlBERTANS .
I do not know how long John was there, I have tried to recall him..no luck ...yet
Thanks guys..important meds for his wife..i realy cant imagine what they are going through..
I will keep you WONDERFUL CARING folks upgraded on any news..white truck with flatdeck..Puma travel trailer..
I am in hospital yet again 03 August for more go to sleep let the Doctors go through my body...always takes me many days to recover..so will be offline for a few.
On a positive note it was nice that John would consider me to rally the troup..wonder who was calling me at 530 am..IT BETTER BE IMPORTANT..it truly is.
Thanks gals..guys..Remington Jim..lol
Cheers..proud and humbled to be part of this gang.
Steven

bigredchev
08-01-2018, 05:13 PM
Hope it's recovered quick.

My only addition would be to put a page up on Facebook and share the he'll out of it. Social media is a very effective tool, it spreads like wildfire.

Best of luck

srupp
08-01-2018, 05:19 PM

My only addition would be to put a page up on Facebook and share the he'll out of it. Social media is a very effective tool, it spreads like wildfire.

Best of luck

Done..great suggestion..apparantly no insurance..
You guys ROCK..
CHEERS
Steven

finngun
08-01-2018, 07:50 PM
jag... The sad fact is the victim is going to be charged with careless storage of firearms. So heed this, if you are visiting someplace and your vehicle is not being attended (you're sleeping in it), remove your firearms to where you are staying.////

so Jag...if im visiting rifle range...and stop for timmy coffee..meanwhile some low life breaks my car window,,or pryi locked door open,,drive away car with guns in locked trunk.....am i gonna to be charged with careless storage of firearms? i have doubt about that..or are ya talking about only leaving guns there over night?.:eek:

Jelvis
08-01-2018, 08:31 PM
If the vehicle wasn't locked up, then it's not a break in. If the keys were in thee ignition, then it wasn't hot wired!
-- Trigger locks?
-- Separate shell case locked up tight.
- ----------------------------------------------I wood think someone was checking him out over the last while b4 stolen, maybe someone he talked to?
-- lots of things to think about?
Jel - we keep looking and hopefully we will find his stuff --that's the main thing right now, find the truck and stuff --

browningboy
08-01-2018, 10:50 PM
If the vehicle wasn't locked up, then it's not a break in. If the keys were in thee ignition, then it wasn't hot wired!
-- Trigger locks?
-- Separate shell case locked up tight.
- ----------------------------------------------I wood think someone was checking him out over the last while b4 stolen, maybe someone he talked to?
-- lots of things to think about?
Jel - we keep looking and hopefully we will find his stuff --that's the main thing right now, find the truck and stuff --

who knows about previous status, just need to find it!

Jagermeister
08-01-2018, 10:59 PM
jag... The sad fact is the victim is going to be charged with careless storage of firearms. So heed this, if you are visiting someplace and your vehicle is not being attended (you're sleeping in it), remove your firearms to where you are staying.////

so Jag...if im visiting rifle range...and stop for timmy coffee..meanwhile some low life breaks my car window,,or pryi locked door open,,drive away car with guns in locked trunk.....am i gonna to be charged with careless storage of firearms? i have doubt about that..or are ya talking about only leaving guns there over night?.:eek:Overnight. Will have a hard time explaining the timmy thing as you know how cops think.

Springer
08-02-2018, 08:07 AM

Best of luck

Im with Big Red Chev. Not everyone sits down and enjoys their hunting fix on HBC but yes some of us do. Social Media spreads to hundreds and thousands of people by them sharing it. Pictures attached with the truck and trailer would help so people know what their looking for.
My hunch is its not far from airdrie and is in a quonset on a farm being stripped and sold for parts.
These thieves are out of control and a few need to be burned at the stake to get the message across what they do to the peoples lives that are affected by these Criminals.

As i told Steve yesterday there was a Black funeral Van in town that was stolen .......with a red body inside. They found it the next day with the casket still in it. Now this was a Hot item and never left the city with all the eyes open and still never caught them..

Laws have to change in this country.

Linksman313
08-02-2018, 11:07 AM
The Kootenay/Boundary crew is on the lookout Steven, called my brother in Strathmore to be on the Craigslist/Kijiji lookout as well.
Best of luck to your buddy
(Sucks!)

srupp
08-02-2018, 11:23 AM
en, it is so refreshing to see folks come together for others .truly wonderful.small mechanical issues caused John to camp there while he awaited some parts..he was only there a couple days.He belongs to our HBC site, a member and a fine guy with a lovely wife.Sufferring complete loss of hunting truck, trailer, side by side rifles optics, clothes, PERSONAL MEDICATIONS..everything..there but for the grace of God go I..it could have been anyone of us, some thief wiping out everything.
I will call John agsin today to check see..
Cheers
Steven

Bugle M In
08-02-2018, 11:48 AM
If you can send pics on here or like someone said, a FB link or even a link with just "stolen" and pics, I can definitely
forward it to "all on my mailing list" and I think many others here would do the same.
I feel really bad for this individuals loss....all of it.

Bugle M In
08-02-2018, 11:51 AM
Also, don't forget to post on the "other hunting website", as well as any in BC or Sask or across the country, IMO.

jlirot
08-02-2018, 12:00 PM
FB link please. I'll post it up on my feed.

finngun
08-02-2018, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE=Springer;2023718]Im with Big Red Chev. Not everyone sits down and enjoys their hunting fix on HBC but yes some of us do. Social Media spreads to hundreds and thousands of people by them sharing it. Pictures attached with the truck and trailer would help so people know what their looking for.
My hunch is its not far from airdrie and is in a quonset on a farm being stripped and sold for parts.
These thieves are out of control and a few need to be burned at the stake to get the message across what they do to the peoples lives that are affected by these Criminals.

As i told Steve yesterday there was a Black funeral Van in town that was stolen .......with a red body inside. They found it the next day with the casket still in it. Now this was a Hot item and never left the city with all the eyes open and still never caught them..

whatta..heck thwat is nasty..red body inside???? skin colour red? or red about shame?whatt.. lucky low life didnt dumbed red body.no shame no more..:wink:

Camp Cook
08-02-2018, 06:40 PM
Thieves should be shot on sight they took me for everything I had Aug and again in Nov 2016 couldn't get insurance on the Nov theft I'm now out over $40,000 for loss of goods and security measures taken.

BStrachan
08-02-2018, 08:49 PM
I feel for our member and his wife. I hope these sob are fought! Chances are slim but I will keep a look out on Vancouver Island and pass along the information to my fellow hunting buddies.

srupp
08-03-2018, 07:25 AM
Bump..
Steven

heybert
08-03-2018, 07:31 AM
Steven,
Do you have a link to the FB sight? I can put it up on AO. Live south of Calgary. Will keep an eye out. Have a few friends that are CPS. Will get the word out. My guess is the stuff will end up in Grande Prairie or Fort Mac. Lots of stuff stolen around Calgary and Edmonton end up there and sold.

northof49
08-03-2018, 08:26 AM
Thieves should be shot on sight they took me for everything I had Aug and again in Nov 2016 couldn't get insurance on the Nov theft I'm now out over $40,000 for loss of goods and security measures taken.

That is crappy indeed.

bigredchev
08-03-2018, 10:22 AM
I haven't seen it on fb, does huntingbc.ca have a group? I'd gladly share it.

Arctic Lake
08-03-2018, 10:35 AM
Steven good of you to do this for fellow HBC member John ! Bloody shame that people do this, take what's not theirs !
Hope your health get's better Steven !
Arctic Lake

bigredchev
08-04-2018, 07:15 AM
cant seem to find the link on FB. its a long weekend so a lot of people out an about in BC and AB in the bushing exploring.

srupp
08-04-2018, 08:17 AM
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY, DO NOT SPECULATE, JUST WHAT IS POSTED HERE, PLEASE.ALL WILL BE REVEALED IN APPROPRIATE.TIMING.

"BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR THE WHITE PICKUP FLAT DECK WITH CUSTOM REAR TURN SIGNALS, SEE ORIGINAL POST REGARDING HEADACHE RACK, LICENSE PLATES ON TRUCK WHEN STOLEN "

Thank you HBC members, from John..one of us.
A new picture of " the truck " will be out today.

Steven

srupp
08-04-2018, 03:21 PM
Bumppty bumpbump

Dash
08-04-2018, 04:11 PM
Man I am so sorry to hear this. That's absolutely terrible. I will definitely keep an eye out. You never know where it could end up. Please keep us up to date and share pictures when you can and a Facebook post so we can get it viral.

I hope your healing up well srupp!

DarekG
08-04-2018, 07:51 PM
Pics are a must! I will keep an eye out but a picture speaks a thousand words!

If you need help posting pictures up please feel free to PM me.

srupp
08-04-2018, 08:55 PM
Pics are a must! I will keep an eye out but a picture speaks a thousand words!

If you need help posting pictures up please feel free to PM me.
Thanks..expecting photo of truck tonight, I will contact you for posting help..
Photos are up on facebook
Cheers
Steven

srupp
08-04-2018, 09:01 PM
There are several good photos on JOHN REYNOLDS facebook from August 2..how can we put them from there to here?
Anyone know?
THANK YOU
steven

Dash
08-05-2018, 01:40 AM
Found it and shared. John's profile can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/john.reynolds.123829?hc_ref=ARTDN18d7t3VutXUsnfBJY USXzlyAY2o_0NPnWFTkBDa9nptmL53_bLHJLZn73yth5Q&fref=nf

The original post regarding the truck is a few down, on August 2nd.

The truck photos and his recent updates are below.

UPDATE AUG 4/2018********
RE: STOLEN DODGE RAM 3500 DUAL TIRE DIESEL WHITE CAB FLAT DECK REAR
The Truck is CONFIRMED SEPARATED from the camper. Photo’s have been changed to focus on the truck. Update on Camper below.
Oncoming picture: unique features: Plate in front because required in BC. Yes, plates may have changed or been removed, but it may still be there – VA7POJ white plate, blue letters. LARGE size of headache rack is clear in this picture, aftermarket lights in the lower bumper flanking the plate, and towing mirrors are old school!
Passenger side view: unique features: Custom aluminum box CHECKER PLATE TEXTURE under the flat deck between cab body and tires. A harder to view feature because of the cargo in the pictures is the 100L blue tank (water/methanol) that is tucked up to the headache rack/cab. Cargo may be gone, but tank would need to be there to run the truck.
Driver side view: does not have the custom box added underneath so you can compare the difference to the passenger view.
We don’t want to limit where people are sharing and looking, but we have reason to believe the truck (at least today) is still local, and could be being used in rural crime for hauling other stolen items such as utility trailers, boats, campers etc. So please keep an eye out for the truck regardless of what is behind it or not behind it! Extra eyes in all the outlying rural communities from Calgary is a great place to focus! (such as Beiseker, Irricana, Didsbury, Cremona, Cochrane, Okotoks, Black Diamond, Caresland, Strathmore – you get the idea).
PLEASE CONTACT THE RCMP IF YOU SPOT THIS VEHICLE!
UPDATE AUG 4
RE: STOLEN PUMA TOY HAULER AND QUAD – RECOVERED!!!********
The camper AND Quad have been recovered! We are not able to disclose the location, but we do want and NEED to say – THANK YOU SOCIAL MEDIA! We were personally contacted by Rose, who had sighted our camper, and it WAS our camper! While the path to recovering the camper may or may not have come from this tip – it WAS social media sharing that had people spotting and noting this camper. Everyone out there needs to know – your eyes matter, and you are making a difference. Thank you again!

https://i.imgur.com/5Luzg2g.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ujobJdG.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rBYJL3L.jpg

boxhitch
08-05-2018, 08:27 AM
very distinct truck

https://www.facebook.com/kellie.babin/posts/10162278453895206

easy to find on the Alberta Wide Stolen Vehicle page

srupp
08-05-2018, 11:19 AM
Thank you Bill. .
Lets hope..