PDA

View Full Version : Stop The Spray in the Cariboo

moose1st
07-30-2018, 09:31 PM
So spratlying by the major forrestry companies in the Cariboo is really hitting our ungulate populations. If you have the time please give http://stopthespraybc.com/ a look. The Cariboo is a great place, it’s my home and my favourite place to hunt along with a large number of you. Your time and attention is appreciated.

Thanks.

HarryToolips
07-30-2018, 09:55 PM
Tried to sign it, but as usual, they're asking people to share or donate and I just don't have time for that...how come we can't just sign without them asking us to pay money or spend a bunch of time bugging other people..

moose1st
07-30-2018, 10:13 PM
I follow the Facebook page. Thanks for checking it out.

303savage
07-31-2018, 03:49 AM
how come we can't just sign without them asking us to pay money

Because the money is what they are interested in.

HarryToolips
07-31-2018, 01:24 PM
^^^^and that's the problem....I support their endeavor, but it would be nice if we could just sign on line and be done with it.....

BromBones
07-31-2018, 03:26 PM
You can sign the petition without donating money or sharing.

It's a good cause - this is a big problem that has been flying under the radar.

evcity
07-31-2018, 04:15 PM
It's extremely frustrating that this issue is not more widely known or understood. We're denuding interior forests of deciduous growth and then we're surprised that our ungulate populations are in decline. Aspen groves, willow thickets, all critical moose habitat, all being sprayed, all in areas where we're left scratching our heads as to where the moose have gone. Read posts from 10 years ago about hunting in 7-10, just south of PG... then read what guys have to say about it now. It's been sprayed heavily and it shows.

MattB
07-31-2018, 04:46 PM
This makes no sense to me...target spraying which will lead to mechanical means of removing the deciduous competition as it doesn't actually remove the requirement of a forest licensee having to meet free growing obligations - or people can actually target the real problem which is stocking standards favoring conifer species and push for more areas of deciduous being allowed (which will lead to less spraying).

Monashee
07-31-2018, 11:51 PM
Get some local Indians to protest the spraying , worth a try .

Squirrelnuts
08-01-2018, 07:01 AM
It's extremely frustrating that this issue is not more widely known or understood. We're denuding interior forests of deciduous growth and then we're surprised that our ungulate populations are in decline. Aspen groves, willow thickets, all critical moose habitat, all being sprayed, all in areas where we're left scratching our heads as to where the moose have gone. Read posts from 10 years ago about hunting in 7-10, just south of PG... then read what guys have to say about it now. It's been sprayed heavily and it shows.

What's equally frustrating is the blind trust put into a web page that's chock full of half-truths and bullshit.

gcreek
08-01-2018, 06:39 PM
Lot of birds missing too.

Greenthumbed
08-02-2018, 06:10 AM
What's equally frustrating is the blind trust put into a web page that's chock full of half-truths and bullshit.
Can you expand on what you mean? What are the half truths in which you speak? Are you inferring that there is a positive aspect of herbicide spraying for wildlife? I'd like you hear more....

Squirrelnuts
08-02-2018, 07:02 AM
Can you expand on what you mean? What are the half truths in which you speak? Are you inferring that there is a positive aspect of herbicide spraying for wildlife? I'd like you hear more....

Nope... Not getting sucked into the rabbit hole- it's like arguing religion. I'll point you to this old post: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?139687-Commercial-Herbicide-use-by-forest-companies-vs-moose-numbers&p=1938145#post1938145 but if you're looking for a back-and-forth it's not gonna happen. People's minds are made up and no point trying to change them.

moose1st
08-02-2018, 09:23 PM
Thanks for pointing out some disparities in their argument. It’s good to see a dialogue.

stinkyduck
08-05-2018, 04:05 PM
I posted a similar petition earlier this year, just to have a bunch of numbskulls jump all over me. Poison is poison.

Greenthumbed
08-05-2018, 04:20 PM
Poison is poison.
Can't disagree with that!