PDA

View Full Version : BCWF gives hunters the middle finger

Fella
07-27-2018, 03:44 PM
anyone else just a little bit pissed that the fed is partnering with Raincoast?

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag105/Fellala/DF177C8A-E584-498A-AE3B-0C43037887FD_zpspdffbwys.png (http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/Fellala/media/DF177C8A-E584-498A-AE3B-0C43037887FD_zpspdffbwys.png.html)

300rum700
07-27-2018, 03:58 PM
No not really. It's time all conservation agencies in BC start seeing eye to eye.

Scotty76
07-27-2018, 04:28 PM
YES, and no... sometimes you have to partner with the enemy on some issues, doesn’t mean that they fully support everything they do? All I see on forums and on Facebook is fighting and pointing fingers at each other (hunters/ hunting groups) we will keep falling behind if we don’t set some of our differences aside and work together (I don’t support raincoast/ pacific wild/ or any of those “conservation” groups) We should work together as hunters and outdoorsmen. The BCWF, BHA, and I have faith in safari club international, need to come together. Stop with the BS drama. I bet someone is going to chew me out on even this. Good for the BCWF and BHA hosting a caribou movie and talk in region 2 the other day. Who else is doing those things? Ya I also fully support Steve and the war on wolfs. He’s the one who inspired me to get my trapping license. Everyone has different opinions and ways of helping hunting. Let’s support each other? **** I sound like a hippy mother trying to get help the cousins get along.

Redthies
07-28-2018, 09:14 AM
How do you see that as “giving hunters the middle finger”? There is nothing to do with hunting, and keeping developers from building on wildspace is the absolute opposite of what you’re saying.

There is a fine line between the true hunter/woodsman and the environmentalist. People who hunt are interested in preserving wild spaces and getting away from the crush of the city and large population centers. Same goes for environmentalists. The only difference is, we as hunters want to (hopefully in a respectful manor) harvest the bounty of the wild spaces whereas environmentalists prefer to get their protein from tofu grown on former South American rainforest lands.

adriaticum
07-28-2018, 09:27 AM
That's politics. Sometimes you have to align with organizations you don't agree with if the goal is the same.

Ourea
07-28-2018, 09:51 AM
The media attention this will gain for conservation of habitat is a good thing.
I am sure the Fed will benefit as a result.

It is a simple reality that you have commonalities with your foes.

Having said that, on the hunting front it is no mystery there is quite a wedge.
Perhaps some limited partnerships on shared core value initiatives may allow for more tolerance from some of these groups with respects to our hunting heritage.

Reality is these groups are far better organized and far more savy on messaging.

Beachcomber
07-28-2018, 09:59 AM
No doubt some Raincoast members have the same response to the idea of partnering with the BCWF. Where interests coincide it makes sense to set differences aside, make common cause and work together

walks with deer
07-28-2018, 10:02 AM
raincoast has some good intent

we need to worry about preserving

Opinionated Ol Phart
07-28-2018, 02:57 PM
Does not bother me-- what we lack is $$$$$. If they can bring that to the fight that will help save habitat.. so be it.

horshur
07-28-2018, 04:00 PM
Withdraws support of Jurassic classic..wild sheep fundraiser partnered with a couple hunter groups Instead Aligns with raincoast. Yep..no middle finger.

Rackmastr
07-28-2018, 04:22 PM
Withdraws support of Jurassic classic..wild sheep fundraiser partnered with a couple hunter groups Instead Aligns with raincoast. Yep..no middle finger.

The Fed voted nearly unanimously to defeat the motion to leave the Jurassic Classic. They are still an equal partner in the Jurassic with GOABC and WSSBC.

What's horribly ironic is how many were up in arms only 2 years ago that the Fed partnered with GOABC. Makes me shake my head....

horshur
07-28-2018, 04:37 PM
I never was...but the raincoast sympathizers?...

horshur
07-28-2018, 04:42 PM
I heard they withdrew..guess I heard wrong. Sorry

Wild one
07-28-2018, 05:16 PM
It’s not what I would call a positive if the BCWF was a hunting organization but they are not

BC hunters need to wake up and see this

Rackmastr
07-28-2018, 05:30 PM
I heard they withdrew..guess I heard wrong. Sorry

All good. All 3 groups still involved and event is stronger than ever. Pretty cool showcase of collaboration

www.jurassicclassic.ca

POPS
07-29-2018, 01:11 AM
That's politics. Sometimes you have to align with organizations you don't agree with if the goal is the same.

I think FESTUS on ''GUNSMOKE'' visited on that very subject,just to study that particular study...GOOD POST!!!

Deaddog
07-29-2018, 05:36 PM
Bottom line is the individual with the massive ego ( paid staff ) would rather work with raincoats and mid level bureaucrats than stakeholders of same mind . Ask yourself why the executive of the fed was unaware of the attack on cattleman and I will bet we’re not aware of joing with raincoast ( which by the way may be a good move to solve that particular issue ). Bottom line is hunters are no longer in charge of the fed, and we can excpect more of back door goat bullshit as we continue

HarryToolips
07-29-2018, 06:07 PM
The media attention this will gain for conservation of habitat is a good thing.
I am sure the Fed will benefit as a result.

It is a simple reality that you have commonalities with your foes.

Having said that, on the hunting front it is no mystery there is quite a wedge.
Perhaps some limited partnerships on shared core value initiatives may allow for more tolerance from some of these groups with respects to our hunting heritage.

Reality is these groups are far better organized and far more savy on messaging.
True story...... I agree that this alliance is necessary in this particular situation..

Mulehahn
07-29-2018, 06:16 PM
It’s not what I would call a positive if the BCWF was a hunting organization but they are not

THIS! ^^^^^^^^

The BCWF has made it very clear they are a conservation organization first and foremost. They will do what they believe is best for fish and wildlife. Now what they believe to be best changes with who holds power. It used to be that they used to believe hunters and fshers were the key to conservation and the best conservationists. That has shifted and is no longer the case. It is the reality that hunters and fishers must accept.

I am sure this will get me a lot of hate but I am not attacking the Fed. I truly believe that the current leadership has fish and wildlife best interests at heart. That is their mandate and they stick to it. Good for them. But one should also dance with the one who brought them and the BCWF would of been a long forgotten foot note without hunters and fishers.

ElectricDyck
07-29-2018, 07:14 PM

In this day and age the structure for conservation takes care of itself through legal hunting fishing methods enforcdd by the law...

The real fight is for the right to hunt, posess firearms and to fish..

I dont come from a hunting family but at age 30 i took the core course i thought the ethics portion taught us to be ashamed of hunting. Its my understanding the bcwf wrote the core?

Whos fighting for hunting and fishing?

Wild one
07-29-2018, 08:22 PM
In this day and age the structure for conservation takes care of itself through legal hunting fishing methods enforcdd by the law...

The real fight is for the right to hunt, posess firearms and to fish..

I dont come from a hunting family but at age 30 i took the core course i thought the ethics portion taught us to be ashamed of hunting. Its my understanding the bcwf wrote the core?

Whos fighting for hunting and fishing?

I don’t have the same faith in our wildlife management but not into debates on that at this time

I did grow up in a hunting family and no doubt a generation of hunters thought flying under the radar, hiding from the public and doing what they could to not offend the public would keep their hunting heritage safe. Well in my opinion this backfired big time. I don’t blame the BCWF for this or the ethnics portion in the core. Trappers took the same approach when being faced with antis and now pay for it

As for who is fighting for hunting in BC said it many times we have no true voice. Till the hunting community can all admit this and focus on building one we are screwed

Gateholio
07-29-2018, 08:42 PM

I don’t have the same faith in our wildlife management but not into debates on that at this time

I did grow up in a hunting family and no doubt a generation of hunters thought flying under the radar, hiding from the public and doing what they could to not offend the public would keep their hunting heritage safe. Well in my opinion this backfired big time. I don’t blame the BCWF for this or the ethnics portion in the core. Trappers took the same approach when being faced with antis and now pay for it

d

I sorta agree with the ethics part of the core course almost teaching us to be ashamed. Wild one explained it pretty well.

There was a time when the prevailing attitude was "be discrete" about hunting and shooting. People thought that would get anti hunters and gun people to forget about them, when all it really did was turn hunting and shooting into a "dirty little secret" which always makes people fear and loathe you.

The only way to make advancements is use the same tactics as women, minorities and gays used- Be visible, blow your own horn and control the dialogue.

Islandeer
07-30-2018, 06:38 AM
very accurate, totally agree.

Billybird
07-30-2018, 07:32 AM

As for who is fighting for hunting in BC said it many times we have no true voice. Till the hunting community can all admit this and focus on building one we are screwed

Couldn't agree more! How are we as a community supposed to protect what we hold dear, when we don't have a unified voice? The infighting and posturing with regards to each individual group is what is splitting the hunting/fishing community apart. We all need to band together and present one voice loud and proud!

walks with deer
07-30-2018, 08:29 AM
might be time to have a responsible harvester parade in every majour city in bc...

agreed take the head out of the sand...

my daughter took deer antlers for show and tell.... the vigian kids went actually physically violent over it...

my daughter did not back down she said this is how we live i do not judge how you live...
i had to tell my son to back down saying my food poohs on your food...

time to head up a responsible harvester parade.

kootenaihunter
07-30-2018, 08:56 AM
Be visible, blow your own horn and control the dialogue.

I agree. It's important to be prepared for meaningful discussions. On that note, I hope everyone has commented on the BC Gov't Engage website on the path forward for wildlife and habitat management.

Many hunters and fishers can run circles around 'enviros' when it comes to knowledge of wildlife and conservation. It's important to incorporate this information and not get caught up in the emotional, non-rational debates.

I've always admired Steve's response to a vegan zealot in the exchange below.

https://youtu.be/J2N0Utg7KYE

303savage
07-30-2018, 09:19 AM
environmentalists prefer to get their protein from tofu grown on former South American rainforest lands

TOFU is made not grown :-)

07-30-2018, 09:36 AM
More BCWF drama ......... Way to go.
For those that think BCWF is their own saviour to our hunting and fishing rights as residents of BC , get your head outa your backside.
BCWF is a non profit organization that along with several others that are trying to help Fish and Wildlife province wide.
It also represents outdoors folk from hunters to hikers, fishermen and women to gold panners, boaters to rock climbers. It also attempts to help keep access to the back country, rivers and lakes for all of us. Hunters and Non hunters included.

Its NOT a Sole hunting club as so many think or should I say expect. What a joke.

Over too many years to remember, the BCWF has done more for Habitat, for conservation, for fish and wildlife, Province wide than any other organization.

Its not not called the BCHunter Federation. Maybe the OP can start a new Fed that can SAVE all things threatening hunters and fishers way of life and all the bitchers and complainers that have nothing else to do with there time then slam those trying to make a differance with our Fish and Wildlife.

It it may be hard for some or several to wrap your head around, BUT ........ It's not all about you..... It's about Fish and Wildlife for generations to come, for all to enjoy ........ And the fine line walked for its use, and its future.

If you think you can do bigger better things ....... Take your head outa your butt and get involved.

I say again, thanks to the BCWF for all you've done in the past, and continue to do.

The self righteous attitude of many never seems surprise me.

Wild one
07-30-2018, 01:07 PM
For those that think BCWF is their own saviour to our hunting and fishing rights as residents of BC , get your head outa your backside.
BCWF is a non profit organization that along with several others that are trying to help Fish and Wildlife province wide.
It also represents outdoors folk from hunters to hikers, fishermen and women to gold panners, boaters to rock climbers. It also attempts to help keep access to the back country, rivers and lakes for all of us. Hunters and Non hunters included.

Its NOT a Sole hunting club as so many think or should I say expect. What a joke.

Over too many years to remember, the BCWF has done more for Habitat, for conservation, for fish and wildlife, Province wide than any other organization.

Its not not called the BCHunter Federation. Maybe the OP can start a new Fed that can SAVE all things threatening hunters and fishers way of life and all the bitchers and complainers that have nothing else to do with there time then slam those trying to make a differance with our Fish and Wildlife.

It it may be hard for some or several to wrap your head around, BUT ........ It's not all about you..... It's about Fish and Wildlife for generations to come, for all to enjoy ........ And the fine line walked for its use, and its future.

If you think you can do bigger better things ....... Take your head outa your butt and get involved.

I say again, thanks to the BCWF for all you've done in the past, and continue to do.

You are correct the BCWF is not a hunting organization or the voice of hunters or defending hunters rights. Unfortunately many gave support to the BCWF thinking they were the voice of BC hunters and here to defend our hunting rights

Maybe you are correct it is time for an actual hunting organization in BC

Ourea
07-30-2018, 02:39 PM
You are correct the BCWF is not a hunting organization or the voice of hunters or defending hunters rights. Unfortunately many gave support to the BCWF thinking they were the voice of BC hunters and here to defend our hunting rights

Maybe you are correct it is time for an actual hunting organization in BC

A louder voice supporting hunting heritage is always a good thing.
More messaging, one that reflects respect for the resource, the sustainability, the need to invest, the need to protect habitat....delivered on a professional platform. Put a bow on it and sell it.

I have said this before and I will say it again, you have to bring resources to the table in today's world if you wish to implement awareness and change. The "because it's right" expectation simply doesn't work.

Nor does blaming the Fed, wildlife bio's, FN, Gov, or anyone for that matter.

Complaining for change without a clear plan, or the resources to make it happen...well, you have nothing more than a tall ladder without steps (it gets you nowhere).

Fracturing a community into tribes is not a viable solution in my opinion.
History has proven this time and time again.

Wild one
07-30-2018, 04:19 PM
A louder voice supporting hunting heritage is always a good thing.
More messaging, one that reflects respect for the resource, the sustainability, the need to invest, the need to protect habitat....delivered on a professional platform. Put a bow on it and sell it.

I have said this before and I will say it again, you have to bring resources to the table in today's world if you wish to implement awareness and change. The "because it's right" expectation simply doesn't work.

Nor does blaming the Fed, wildlife bio's, FN, Gov, or anyone for that matter.

Complaining for change without a clear plan, or the resources to make it happen...well, you have nothing more than a tall ladder without steps (it gets you nowhere).

Fracturing a community into tribes is not a viable solution in my opinion.
History has proven this time and time again.

Would agree with a lot of what you posted and well aware

Right now the community is divided without out a solid voice. Solving this is a step that is vital in my opinion. It will not come together as things are at this time. This is also not going to be solved by the same old players under a new brand

As for the clear plan issue this is a huge part of what is missing

horshur
07-30-2018, 05:21 PM

this is a hunting forum..bitching would stop if the Fed left. They are on top of the forum.
It appears they are going the way of Sierra club ....So if you don’t really represent hunters get off the forum, quit selling hunters quad insurance and tell the truth...

Pemby_mess
07-30-2018, 05:29 PM
this is a hunting forum..bitching would stop if the Fed left. They are on top of the forum.
It appears they are going the way of Sierra club ....So if you don’t really represent hunters get off the forum, quit selling hunters quad insurance and tell the truth...

Hunters don't care about wildlife conservation? Wow!?! Way to cede the moral high ground. The vegans will be pleased.

horshur
07-30-2018, 06:07 PM
Look at the mess...ask why? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r2OYKFJi_3Y

horshur
07-30-2018, 06:08 PM
Hunters don't care about wildlife conservation? Wow!?! Way to cede the moral high ground. The vegans will be pleased.
Might as well invite raincoast....

Gateholio
07-30-2018, 06:09 PM
I don’t want to be a part of an organization that is solely about representing hunters.

Without conservation, there is no hunting or hunters.

horshur
07-30-2018, 06:12 PM
I don’t want to be a part of an organization that is solely about representing hunters.

which hunting org is like that? Think about it..Boone and Crockett, Safari cub? Even Goabc

Wild one
07-30-2018, 06:16 PM

I would say conservation is part of hunting hence why majority of Hunting organizations play a roll in it

Gateholio
07-30-2018, 06:28 PM
which hunting org is like that? Think about it..Boone and Crockett, Safari cub? Even Goabc

Isn’t that what some here are complaining about? BCWF is too much conservation and not representing hunters enough?

bearvalley
07-30-2018, 06:32 PM
Right now the community is divided without out a solid voice. Solving this is a step that is vital in my opinion. It will not come together as things are at this time. This is also not going to be solved by the same old players under a new brand

John, you’re right on the hunting community being divided but not as bad as some might think.
The drama that plays out on HBC is far from the real world.

Theres still a lot of common goals and objectives that can be worked towards and that’s what will pull hunters back together.

As for this not being solved by the same old players under a new brand, I saw maybe/maybe not.
One thing these “same old player” have is recognition as to what is wrong with the “old groups” they were once part of.

All the old groups have bagage...a new one that can flush out the shit and move forward working toward the betterment of habitat and wildlife while representing outdoors people and hunters can only be a winner.

For a group to be successful it’s going to need resident hunters, outdoor enthusiasts, resource users and First Nations all at the table.
Picking battles with stakeholders that should be partners in habitat and wildlife enhancement is pointless.

Some seem to like keeping the post stirred...it’s going to be damn interesting why if and when their agenda shows clear.

One thing to think about is that conservation groups that are mascarading environmentalists and most likely anti hunting motives are not our friends.
JMO

LBM
07-30-2018, 06:39 PM
I sorta agree with the ethics part of the core course almost teaching us to be ashamed. Wild one explained it pretty well.

There was a time when the prevailing attitude was "be discrete" about hunting and shooting. People thought that would get anti hunters and gun people to forget about them, when all it really did was turn hunting and shooting into a "dirty little secret" which always makes people fear and loathe you.

The only way to make advancements is use the same tactics as women, minorities and gays used- Be visible, blow your own horn and control the dialogue.

Yet this site keeps deleating pictures and posts it doesn't want a lot of what goes on let out, still want things kept a secret.

horshur
07-30-2018, 06:44 PM
Isn’t that what some here are complaining about? BCWF is too much conservation and not representing hunters enough?
Conservation...cripe sake hunters been on them for years to cut back tags..shorten seasons..stop calf seasons. All for conservation...Watch the video..put your tinfoil hat on and look at the result.

bearvalley
07-30-2018, 06:48 PM

How does the mandate of “maximum access and harvest opportunity” fit into the conservation plan?

Wild one
07-30-2018, 07:13 PM
John, you’re right on the hunting community being divided but not as bad as some might think.
The drama that plays out on HBC is far from the real world.

Theres still a lot of common goals and objectives that can be worked towards and that’s what will pull hunters back together.

As for this not being solved by the same old players under a new brand, I saw maybe/maybe not.
One thing these “same old player” have is recognition as to what is wrong with the “old groups” they were once part of.

All the old groups have bagage...a new one that can flush out the shit and move forward working toward the betterment of habitat and wildlife while representing outdoors people and hunters can only be a winner.

For a group to be successful it’s going to need resident hunters, outdoor enthusiasts, resource users and First Nations all at the table.
Picking battles with stakeholders that should be partners in habitat and wildlife enhancement is pointless.

Some seem to like keeping the post stirred...it’s going to be damn interesting why if and when their agenda shows clear.

One thing to think about is that conservation groups that are mascarading environmentalists and most likely anti hunting motives are not our friends.
JMO

Cant deny I have trust issues lol

I do see a need for new blood overall but there is use for old blood as long as they don’t carry an old axe to grind

scoutlt1
07-30-2018, 07:17 PM
Maybe this question is best asked with a new thread...however....

Is it time for a new "federation" in BC whose mission statement advocates primarily for the rights of hunters (and fishers and shooters?) in the Province?
I don't want to get into the "right or wrong" of the BCWF, but only throwing it out there for discussion.

I know the BCWF has, at their core, the best interests of fish and wildlife at heart. Fair enough. Nothing wrong with that. While they also advocate hunting and fishing (and yes, gun ownership) rights however, that doesn't seem to be their "primary" focus.

I am all for the proper, well thought out conservation policies when it comes to fish and wildlife in our province, and I don't necessarily disagree with the BCWF's approach to that end.

I feel that the BCWF advocates for fish and wildlife (rightly so) in BC and includes hunters and fishers who agree with that.
I don't, however, see the BCWF as an organization who campaigns for the rights of hunters/fishers/shooters first, and then vigorously touts the concerns and passion of those people which, ultimately I'm sure, is the advocacy for fish and wildlife in BC.

Maybe I can sum it up like this. I want the best for fish and wildlife. So does some guy on a kayak drooling over a grizzly sighting on the coast. I have nothing in common with that guy. Nothing at all. I hunt, he doesn't.

Below is one of the "objectives" of the BCWF...

"To develop and support a comprehensive educational program to make all British Columbians aware of the value of British Columbia's fish, wildlife, park and outdoor recreational resources, and to arouse in the public conscience a recognition of, and a respect for, the place of fish, wildlife and outdoor recreation in the wise integrated use of the nation's natural resources."

I want an organization that holds my hunting/fishing/shooting rights first and foremost. I will not "join forces" with any groups such as Raincoast. Ever.

I am looking for a group of people who will fight for my rights as a hunter, fisher, and firearms owner in BC. If such a group needs to be formed, supported, joined.....I'm in.

Gateholio
07-30-2018, 08:22 PM
Conservation...cripe sake hunters been on them for years to cut back tags..shorten seasons..stop calf seasons. All for conservation...Watch the video..put your tinfoil hat on and look at the result.

How does the mandate of “maximum access and harvest opportunity” fit into the conservation plan?

So now you guys say there is too much “hunter” and there isn’t enough “conservation”

Ok then ...carry on...:)

boxhitch
07-30-2018, 08:46 PM
Again, giving hunters too much credit toward being the problem with wildlife
Wildlife will succeed as long as it has value. Value diminishes on a steeper curve than loss of opportunity, hunters cherish the chance to go hunting
If it was only about putting meat on the table, numbers and support for hunting would vanish
Take a looka thte increased numbers of new hunters, at a time when soap boxers are crying about no game in BC. They want to hunt and are not the ones crying about 'what it used to be like'

And about The Fed having the wrong direction, who do people think drives the bus? The annual convention is when most of the science and information gets disseminated to the various club reps, and if there was a try ground swell of opposition to a direction of the Fed, wouldn't it come up then as a major controversy? Changes and movements start aat the roots level and move up,, those that have traction get support, those that don't die on the floor
Ideas and resolutions get vetted and live or die according to their true value among the majority.

Tough to believe any of the nay-sayers have ever been part of the process or they would have a chance at seeing things in play

bearvalley
07-30-2018, 10:51 PM
And about The Fed having the wrong direction, who do people think drives the bus? The annual convention is when most of the science and information gets disseminated to the various club reps, and if there was a try ground swell of opposition to a direction of the Fed, wouldn't it come up then as a major controversy? Changes and movements start aat the roots level and move up,, those that have traction get support, those that don't die on the floor
Ideas and resolutions get vetted and live or die according to their true value among the majority.

Tough to believe any of the nay-sayers have ever been part of the process or they would have a chance at seeing things in play

Is the grass roots membership driving the bus at the convention when appr 300 people are in attendance of what is alleged to be an organization of 50,000?
A little more than half of 1% seems like piss poor grass roots representation.

bearvalley
07-30-2018, 11:03 PM
So now you guys say there is too much “hunter” and there isn’t enough “conservation”

Ok then ...carry on...:)

Gates....I’m curious.....have you ever sat in on any wildlife stakeholder meetings at the provincial, regional or sub-regional level dealing with habitat enhancement, wildlife population declines, proposed regulation changes for harvest numbers and access restrictions ?
Wondering............

boxhitch
07-31-2018, 07:58 AM
Is the grass roots membership driving the bus at the convention when appr 300 people are in attendance of what is alleged to be an organization of 50,000?
A little more than half of 1% seems like piss poor grass roots representation.if 50,000 spoke up, we wouldn't be in this predicament
If 1 in 10 chose to bear a flag, think of the strength
As it is, the majority of those that do show up set the direction
and the vast majority of BC hunters are okay with it

boxhitch
07-31-2018, 08:04 AM
Gates....I’m curious.....have you ever sat in on any wildlife stakeholder meetings at the provincial, regional or sub-regional level dealing with habitat enhancement, wildlife population declines, proposed regulation changes for harvest numbers and access restrictions ?
Wondering............curious question....to what end?

Gateholio
07-31-2018, 08:20 AM
Wondering............

Oh sure...

Gateholio
07-31-2018, 08:24 AM
if 50,000 spoke up, we wouldn't be in this predicament

The world is run by those that show up :)

bearvalley
07-31-2018, 08:36 AM
if 50,000 spoke up, we wouldn't be in this predicament

A sad fact of reality is that the vast majority of BC hunters do not have a clue what is going on.

bearvalley
07-31-2018, 08:39 AM
Wondering............

curious question....to what end?

Oh sure...

Just wondering.......
Gates seems to be the wisest of the wise!

Wild one
07-31-2018, 08:49 AM
A sad fact of reality is that the vast majority of BC hunters do not have a clue what is going on.

100% agree most are busy with work/family and just read the regs before they go hunting.

Gateholio
07-31-2018, 08:55 AM
This is the Information Age.

Anyone that desires to be informed can be as informed as they choose to be.

338win mag
07-31-2018, 08:56 AM
In a few words why dont you tell BC hunters what is going on?

Wild one
07-31-2018, 09:03 AM

You are correct in most cases but most just don’t look into things and just rely on govt management and follow the hunting regs

bearvalley
07-31-2018, 09:33 AM

Is this few enough words for you.......

..........back door goat bullshit

bearvalley
07-31-2018, 09:36 AM

Information or Misinformation Age......it all depends on who peddles the information and how you absorb it.

Wild one
07-31-2018, 09:40 AM
Information or Misinformation Age......it all depends on who peddles the information and how you absorb it.

Correct as well most of the information is merely someone’s opinion

bearvalley
07-31-2018, 09:49 AM
Correct as well most of the information is merely someone’s opinion

And as they say...opinions are like A holes...everyone’s got one.

Wild one
07-31-2018, 09:56 AM
And as they say...opinions are like A holes...everyone’s got one.

Yup and lots of selective science as well. For an example I think most would agree with dr Suzuki

bearvalley
07-31-2018, 11:23 AM
Yup and lots of selective science as well. For an example I think most would agree with dr Suzuki
That includes some we look at as “our” representatives.

Ourea
07-31-2018, 11:33 AM
Different thread, same drum, same drummers.

Gateholio
07-31-2018, 11:38 AM
You are correct in most cases but most just don’t look into things and just rely on govt management and follow the hunting regs

Most people dont get really engaged with anything. Most people will never write a letter to thier elected representatives in thier lifetime.

Wild one
07-31-2018, 11:48 AM
Most people dont get really engaged with anything. Most people will never write a letter to thier elected representatives in thier lifetime.

Once again correct

bearvalley
07-31-2018, 11:57 AM
Different thread, same drum, same drummers.

Yup, we’re all on board Dave!
Lol

Ron.C
07-31-2018, 12:03 PM
The world is run by those that show up :)

^^^^this.
The majority of people regardless of the cause will sit around and armchair quarter back, and second guess the actions and decisions of others.

Get involved. Attend public meetings. Write letters. Make phone calls. STOP whining and bitching and do something

Ourea
07-31-2018, 12:34 PM
Yup, we’re all on board Dave!
Lol

BV, it's the negativity that surrounds a lot of messaging that turns so many off.
It doesn't matter what the issue is or challenges faced in life, finger pointing and attacks tunes audiences out....it seldom garners support.

I know with a lot of threads when I see certain member's post I don't waste a second reading it because you know their position, have for years.

This is not a slag at anyone, it's just reality.

bearvalley
07-31-2018, 12:47 PM
BV, it's the negativity that surrounds a lot of messaging that turns so many off.
It doesn't matter what the issue is or challenges faced in life, finger pointing and attacks tunes audiences out....it seldom garners support.

I know with a lot of threads when I see certain member's post I don't waste a second reading it because you know their position, have for years.

This is not a slag at anyone, it's just reality.

Dave, I understand where you’re coming from.
There is a lot of negativity...also a lot of selectivity.

Really, the issues aren’t as dramatic as some like to portray.
But then maybe dramatic, selective messaging and constantly turning against others who should be working partners is what it takes to keep membership numbers up.