PDA

View Full Version : She called me:

HappyJack
07-22-2018, 05:27 PM
She called me: "HUN"

I was going through the drive thru at Tims today, and the girl on the speaker called me "hun", OMG what is with wimmin these days? Is this something old guys get called all the time? I'm not that old, well maybe to the young girl at Tims I am. It could have been worse, she could have called me "dear"!!

I know the wife wasn't impressed when this young chicky called me hun....how about it is this normal or what?

338win mag
07-22-2018, 05:30 PM
The last time a young chick called me hun...I gave her 2hrs to cut that out:p

Jelvis
07-22-2018, 06:00 PM
Happy better quit workin out eh? The girls are calling you names.
-- not all guys get called names by the ladies
-- the wife saw what was going on too not just you and everyone else qawkin at Timmy's
Jel -- Happy lay off the workin out --

northof49
07-22-2018, 06:22 PM
Standard tip talk.....gets me every time.

Jelvis
07-22-2018, 06:25 PM
Lookin for the tip? Good point north of 49
Jelly - To the point -- Tip talk

Husky7mm
07-22-2018, 06:47 PM
This is an easy one, she is from eastern Canada. Common lingo out there along with dear, and love. Some of the guys call girls that are strangers to them sweetheart or my dear. Kinda cheapens the words but they just mean it to be friendly. Doesn’t matter your age thats hows they be.

Jelvis
07-22-2018, 07:00 PM
As long as she don't call yah, " Late for breakfast! "
Jel --

HappyJack
07-22-2018, 07:21 PM
This is an easy one, she if from eastern Canada. Common lingo out there along with dear, and love. Some of the guys call girls that are strangers to them sweetheart or my dear. Kinda cheapens the words but they just mean it to be friendly. Doesn’t matter your age thats hows they be.

It's kinda out of place here in BC, would really make some guys uncomfortable. Here I thought this was something reserved for old farts...

Mosin
07-22-2018, 07:26 PM

I was going through the drive thru at Tims today, and the girl on the speaker called me "hun", OMG what is with wimmin these days? Is this something old guys get called all the time? I'm not that old, well maybe to the young girl at Tims I am. It could have been worse, she could have called me "dear"!!

I know the wife wasn't impressed when this young chicky called me hun....how about it is this normal or what?

Guess she wanted to finger your keester

russm
07-22-2018, 07:44 PM
I could think of worse to be called, I wouldn’t complain. Maybe if the wife noticed other women are noticing you’ll get a little something extra.

Everett
07-22-2018, 07:49 PM
Probably a maritime chicky.

lip_ripper00
07-22-2018, 09:19 PM
Guess she wanted to finger your keester

jesus mos, did you have to, I just about choked on my beer!

Mulehahn
07-22-2018, 10:10 PM
Hon is not that bad. I was leaving the mall and held the door open for some older teenagers who were walking out after me. They said "thank you sir"! Now damn that was a shot to the heart.

RyoTHC
07-23-2018, 09:00 AM
jesus mos, did you have to, I just about choked on my beer!

Well if she was a gen xer it's entirely possible *shrugs*

walks with deer
07-23-2018, 09:14 AM
yup soynds like she wanted a tip over and over.

Boner
07-23-2018, 09:16 AM
It's kinda out of place here in BC, would really make some guys uncomfortable. Here I thought this was something reserved for old farts...

Just take it in stride, consider it a compliment. :)

Jelvis
07-23-2018, 09:26 AM
Lots of women still like guys, not all gone lezzy yet!
Jel -- some chicks dig males still --

Iron Glove
07-23-2018, 09:27 AM
Hon is not that bad. I was leaving the mall and held the door open for some older teenagers who were walking out after me. They said "thank you sir"! Now damn that was a shot to the heart.

At the gym yesterday I asked a middle aged lady if she was finished at one of the stations and she said "It's all your's Sir." :cry:
I feel your pain.

albravo2
07-23-2018, 09:33 AM
At the gym yesterday I asked a middle aged lady if she was finished at one of the stations and she said "It's all your's Sir." :cry:
I feel your pain.

Buddy at the range the other day kept calling me sir. I just assumed he was ex-military;-)

Bunner
07-23-2018, 09:34 AM
I work with an lady in her 50's but everything is "ok hun", thanks babe" and so on. Everything ends with hun, darling, babe, and so on Does it to everyone evan the female gender. Caught me off guard the first time, but that's how she is to everyone, even on the 2 way radios. Pretty harmless if you ask me. And she's from and been in bc her whole life

Bunner
07-23-2018, 09:35 AM
been called a lot worse things though

Iron Glove
07-23-2018, 09:47 AM
Buddy at the range the other day kept calling me sir. I just assumed he was ex-military;-)

Worked with a WW2 Vet who would refer to you as "Sir, spelled cur."

steel_ram
07-23-2018, 09:51 AM
English ladies might call you "Luv" (Love). Doesn't mean they want your sausage, unlike some guy calling you "buddy", who secretly does.

tayleoscar
07-23-2018, 10:01 AM
I get called Hun or love all the time at the tims in lake cow, she's a older English lady

caddisguy
07-23-2018, 10:23 AM

It is very common around the LML especially in downtown Vancouver. Waitresses probably call people "hun" more than anything else. I always figured it is mildly flirtatious but harmless enough there is "just being friendly" plausible dependability for the odd person or spouse that might get offended. In bars downtown waitresses do a lot of back and shoulder touching along with "hun". I believe it is mostly about tips and getting people to stay longer and order more drinks. In the case of a timmies worker I'd just write it off as being friendly.

Keta1969
07-23-2018, 12:12 PM
I get Called hun sir dear and love all the time. Thought it was cause they liked me now I find out its cause I'm old. Talk about bursting my bubble.

Jelvis
07-23-2018, 01:00 PM
The one wife of Attilla the Hun wished she'd never called him HUN
Jel -- Attilla the Hun -- dint like it --

moosinaround
07-23-2018, 04:12 PM
sounds like its your wife's problem, not yours! Now if she had said sexy or something like that, the wife should be pissed! Hon, is harmless, and I happen to like it. About time folks were just a little less politically correct these days! Its gotten too rigid in our transactions with strangers! Moosin

HappyJack
07-23-2018, 05:07 PM
Omgosh it happened again today on a phone call!! I bet there would be lots of kickback if we started calling them pet names?

Mosin
07-23-2018, 05:12 PM
Omgosh it happened again today on a phone call!! I bet there would be lots of kickback if we started calling them pet names?

Wow!! Sounds like your having a good week...don't pull a quick draw McGraw now!

Jelvis
07-23-2018, 05:31 PM
Some women like guys that have a certain look about them, they hunt for a guy so they can pick the right one to marry to have kids.
Once a person get's up in age say 50 your getting on.
-- Just because your old doesn't mean you don't look attractive to thee opposite sex.
-- If the person your looking at makes it very difficult to tell if it's male or female,? ahhhhh, they prolly don't care any ways cuz they are on lsd or something? Hahaha
Some guys are gay, so are some women as simple as that. I guess they like same kind?
Anyways their beez wax
Jello Marshmello -- how woody yah know anyway? -- i cood not tell you! Anyone? How wood U know if you were gay or not?
--

nature girl
07-23-2018, 06:15 PM
HappyJack a lady at tim hortons calls me hun to. Its better then saying to me what you want bitch.

358win
07-23-2018, 06:17 PM
There is a lot of people now getting tired of trash talk that has been around for years.
Who knows, maybe Elephant or bib pants will be in next.
All I know is I have had the same 'Sir' and 'Sweetie' as well. My Wife gets 'mam' 'dear' when we are together.
Know what? I'm liking respect again.
Thanks for listening 'Lady's and Gentelmen'...

gamehunter6o
07-23-2018, 07:47 PM
Your wife only needs to worry if the drive thru GUY calls you Hun.

45freezer
07-23-2018, 08:19 PM
You've been sexually harassed sir, contact the media and a lawyer asap!

HappyJack
07-24-2018, 10:19 AM
Some women like guys that have a certain look about them, they hunt for a guy so they can pick the right one to marry to have kids.
Once a person get's up in age say 50 your getting on.
-- Just because your old doesn't mean you don't look attractive to thee opposite sex.
-- If the person your looking at makes it very difficult to tell if it's male or female,? ahhhhh, they prolly don't care any ways cuz they are on lsd or something? Hahaha
Some guys are gay, so are some women as simple as that. I guess they like same kind?
Anyways their beez wax
Jello Marshmello -- how woody yah know anyway? -- i cood not tell you! Anyone? How wood U know if you were gay or not?
--

When you're hot, you're hot! No doubt about it.

bowmagnum
07-24-2018, 11:30 AM
Is this still a hunting forum or another form of the "#me too" movement. This thread should be forever deleted from HBC as it had absolutely nothing to do with the outdoors.

Jelvis
07-24-2018, 11:33 AM
Happy's feelin his oats! Maybe call Happy Slappy now?
Jelly -- Slappy Jack Happy --- Happy Jack Slappy -- Jack Happy Slappy -- Skippy pean-nut but tour is dah best bi far -- jack of all trades whoa

Elkaholic
07-24-2018, 11:57 AM
Is this still a hunting forum or another form of the "#me too" movement. This thread should be forever deleted from HBC as it had absolutely nothing to do with the outdoors.

Or at least moved to the open forum not the mainland hunting bc one.

kolofardos
07-24-2018, 12:22 PM

Awww, you're just being too sensitive hun.

Bugle M In
07-24-2018, 01:28 PM
I think it is way better when they say "hey there , big guy!":-P

goatdancer
07-24-2018, 06:38 PM
"Hun" is the new word for ahole..........................

wideopenthrottle
07-25-2018, 08:29 PM
ive used them all at various times and phases of my life,,,hun, doll,dear,gal, and even baby for both men and women....you betcha baby...you sound like you need a hug happy jack...heheheheh...cheers mate...