PDA

View Full Version : Elaho River Valley - Goats - Blanca Lake

MikeRogers
07-16-2018, 05:11 PM
Hey guys, a buddy and myself have decided to go after goats this fall season up the Elaho. I’ve always been interested in hearing what people have to say from the page. After putting some thought into the area we’d like to hunt we have settled on the east side of the river up into the Blanca Lake area. We are planning a scouting trip this August and to hunt early season in September. Through google earth and the topographic map for the area I think we have found a couple routes to up on top using the logging roads and bush wacking from there. Anyone reading this post ever hiked the area? Hunted the area? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

BCHunterTV
07-16-2018, 11:11 PM
Shoot me a pm

Steelpulse
07-17-2018, 12:28 AM
I have a buddy interested in this hunt too maybe we can swap some info. He’s going up there early sept as well. I expect he’ll chime in soon. I’ll probably add some info too once I research a bit more

Blainer
07-17-2018, 07:25 AM
Grizzly charged kayake in the river yesterday
Apparently protecting an elk carcass
Eyes and Ears open, good luck

Andrewh
07-17-2018, 08:40 AM
Good trail up to the alpine - been there lots

Pm if you want more info.

MikeRogers
07-17-2018, 01:53 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I’ll get back to you tonight after I’m done getting cooked in the sun at work.

bangbangkhan
07-17-2018, 04:00 PM
I prolly have old info...wasn't the bridge washed out around elaho fsr?

CSG
07-17-2018, 06:17 PM
A 2-hour trail will take you right to the lakes up there. You can spot goats from camp by the lake, whether they are shooters depends on your luck

BCHunterTV
07-17-2018, 08:27 PM
its open in this area

https://forums.clubtread.com/27-british-columbia/42297-one-does-not-simply.html

granola_eater
07-18-2018, 12:13 AM
Sounds like I'm not the only one with a 2-6 goat hunt on my mind for early Sept. I've done the Echo lake trail described in the club tread report. It's pretty brutal with a multiday pack. Happy to answer questions.

Golddust
07-24-2018, 12:48 PM
I was planning to do the same with my brother. I went up there last Friday. Apparently they're logging heavily up the E300. One of the loggers waved me over and told me to head back. Said they won't be done for 3 or 4 months. I think we're going to try to get some Alpine muleys this year instead and maybe try next year

hickman
07-24-2018, 02:49 PM
I was planning to do the same with my brother. I went up there last Friday. Apparently they're logging heavily up the E300. One of the loggers waved me over and told me to head back. Said they won't be done for 3 or 4 months. I think we're going to try to get some Alpine muleys this year instead and maybe try next year

I think, commercial backcountry closure as of this week due to fire rating, hence logging should be done. No heavy machinery operation in the backcountry as far as I know. Unless they want to keep going and take a chance with their insurance if something was to happen.

Golddust
08-09-2018, 10:56 PM
Just wondering if anyone's been up there lately? Has the logging been stopped? Can we get in there?

MikeRogers
08-15-2018, 09:33 AM
Golddust, hey I just saw you had sent me a message about Harrison bear hunting in April that I didn't get around to replying to. I did end up coming across a sow and cub over two weekends. That was about it. As for this post, I am going to head up there this weekend and see if I can figure this out. I'm not even sure where the trail head is or if you have to get to the top of e300 to pick up the trail. I am going to return a few PM's here and see if I can dig up some info before heading up there this weekend. As for being turned around by the loggers I'm sure there has to be a way to bypass the area they are falling in. The back road map book shows the trail heading up the left hand side of Maude Frickert Falls. I have also seen a GPS track of people starting the hike at the top cut on the right hand side of e300. so I am not sure what is going on there. Bing Maps shows a new cut on the left hand side of e300 way up that looks like its right where the trail was. I would assume that's where they are logging now.