PDA

View Full Version : Fly hills area in salmon arm

Nalidixic
08-31-2007, 05:31 PM
Hey guys. I guess everyone is getting as excited as I am for the season to start here soon. I am hoping to shoot my first buck this year. The last two years have been a big learning curve and hopefully it might pay off. (Even though sometimes I feel I know nothing.) Anyways now that I'm living right in Salmon Arm, I'm just curious what the deer population is around fly hills? Some of me says that its probably over hunted, but I've also hear that there are lots of deer up there. I'm gonna go up and take alook myself soon, but I always have trouble finding deer period hence 2 seasons of uncut tags :P Anyways, take it easy guys and best of luck to all of you.

sealevel
09-01-2007, 11:57 AM
lots of deer on fly hills... but hard to hunt cause its so grown up with regen. lots of moose to---- good luck

Nalidixic
09-01-2007, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the reply sea level. As it turns out my wife and her parents went for a drive today up over fly hills to falkland. We stopped off a boolean lake for a wiener roast and had a great time. I did manage to spot one doe up there on the main road but that was it. I see how you mean that it is so grown in. I think I'm gonna scout out the area behind skimmikin lake next. Where else would you suggest sea level? I'll try and post up a pic of the doe tomorrow morning.

Mike