PDA

View Full Version : Canada in The Rough??????

Onesock
07-15-2018, 05:50 PM
How does the president of the BC Wildlife Federation take a for profit TV show on an Elk hunt in BC. The permit to accompany is NOT meant for this. And it just keeps happening. I thought the BCWF was supposed to stand up for BC hunters? Apparently not!!!!! But we are all aware of this.

moosinaround
07-15-2018, 06:04 PM
Old news? Not sure who you are talking about, but if it is, I don't think he is the BCWF prez. I may be wrong, just going from memory? Moosin

Rackmastr
07-15-2018, 06:12 PM
What a truly ignorant post on so many levels.....

sako79
07-15-2018, 06:12 PM
How does the president of the BC Wildlife Federation take a for profit TV show on an Elk hunt in BC. The permit to accompany is NOT meant for this. And it just keeps happening. I thought the BCWF was supposed to stand up for BC hunters? Apparently not!!!!! But we are all aware of this.

Was this a new episode. Didnt the bcwf also pay for a qci hunt a few years ago

sako79
07-15-2018, 06:13 PM
What a truly ignorant post....

Why is this ignorant

boxhitch
07-15-2018, 06:14 PM
Ignorant of the facts

sako79
07-15-2018, 06:16 PM
Ignorant of the facts

What facts

Onesock
07-15-2018, 07:10 PM
Ya what facts?? The fact he is an x-pres! Cmon enquiring minds want to know!

Onesock
07-15-2018, 07:12 PM
I dont know if BCWF paid for a hunt but there was QC hunt a few years ago.

sako79
07-15-2018, 07:22 PM
I dont know if BCWF paid for a hunt but there was QC hunt a few years ago.

The qci deer hunt was payed for by the bcwf

REMINGTON JIM
07-15-2018, 07:24 PM
The qci deer hunt was payed for by the bcwf

and you know this HOW ? tell us the storey MIKEY ! :smile: RJ

sako79
07-15-2018, 07:32 PM
and you know this HOW ? tell us the storey MIKEY ! :smile: RJ

I was on the hunt. They did not pay for my trip but they did pay for the cost of the show

REMINGTON JIM
07-15-2018, 07:34 PM
I was on the hunt. They did not pay for my trip but they did pay for the cost of the show+

OK Mike I do Believe you BUT how do you KNOW that for sure ? :shock: TELL us ! RJ

sako79
07-15-2018, 07:38 PM
+

OK Mike I do Believe you BUT how do you KNOW that for sure ? :shock: TELL us ! RJ

I was on the board of directors for Region 2

moosinaround
07-15-2018, 08:01 PM
so it is in the minutes of the meeting, where the funds to pay for it were voted on and passed by majority? Easy to look up should be in the minutes? Moosin

gcreek
07-15-2018, 08:17 PM
Gee, another BCWF skeleton falling out of the closet.

All members should be turning in the invoices for their hunt costs for reimbursement....

Gateholio
07-15-2018, 08:27 PM
Gee, another BCWF skeleton falling out of the closet.

All members should be turning in the invoices for their hunt costs for reimbursement....

Is it really a skeleton in a closet when there was a press release about it?

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-1/c7.0.50.50/p50x50/11193357_903227503078634_5976399512716306175_n.jpg ?_nc_cat=0&oh=4d2a8f0280dbe16ebe52f30162ba024f&oe=5BE82CFB
(https://www.facebook.com/BCWildlifeFederation/?ref=nf&hc_ref=ARTEyY5a47Q8oUXdn1mqUtU0etR5DRAhphFSkz65Tv2 SnQyfrVuVP8HKTGg4uQ3kADA)

BC Wildlife Federation (https://www.facebook.com/BCWildlifeFederation/?hc_ref=ARQF2i_SuZoAO5o0MGX1jvSfnOIJULTvREelNU8B9H FJ1eJW7jxbIAsgl4qtqqnlhPI&fref=nf)

March 20, 2015 (https://www.facebook.com/BCWildlifeFederation/posts/886248004776584) ·

BCWF to Be Featured on Canada In The Rough (https://www.facebook.com/CanadaInTheRough/?fref=mentions)!!
BCWF will be featured on an upcoming episode of Canada In The Rough entitled “Rainforest Ghosts” that will air for the first time tomorrow, Saturday, March 21st, 2015.
The episode was taped during an epic Blacktail Deer hunt on Haida Gwaii, and features some great scenery and hunting. BCWF’s Ken Sward and Rob Ausma accompanied Kevin Beasely on the hunt, and will be briefly featured speaking about BCWF and the importance of joining a conservation organization.
To view a teaser for the episode, click the following link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaoRGTX-lCY
For channel listings, visit the Canada in the Rough website:http://www.canadaintherough.com/schedules/ (https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.canadaintherough.com%2Fsc hedules%2F&h=AT1y-abPlKUkmrl1xWbIHe-x1kAP5gGJyoRALnTeVWiy9N3l8V3HIeNBQlh-Ws3rOiaTf0BVhfy1kuJa1hw8Epkgw1rP0s5On5nfZguVy0FOgY vVp0Uvl2r047YefoX78XzGna68veuRHfLyQli53A)

REMINGTON JIM

So Mike was it VOTED on and all CARRIED in FAVOR of paying for the Hunt and ?? Who was the Pres at that time ? RJ

sako79
so it is in the minutes of the meeting, where the funds to pay for it were voted on and passed by majority? Easy to look up should be in the minutes? Moosin

It could be in the minutes I don't remember that was in 2013

f350ps
07-15-2018, 08:30 PM
There's a definite reason why the membership dropped big time in R2, I was one of the dropouts! I will not join the Fed ever again until I'm confident the puss has been squeezed! K

Onesock
07-15-2018, 08:32 PM
So what are the facts? I really dont know the facts. If the facts will clear this up lets here them!

bearvalley
07-15-2018, 08:33 PM
I was on the hunt. They did not pay for my trip but they did pay for the cost of the show

+

It gets better and better.
I guess this was an investment in conservation.
Lol!

REMINGTON JIM
07-15-2018, 08:42 PM
WOW ? BCWF ! Did OR Does every one know this or ? RJ

Gateholio
07-15-2018, 08:45 PM
WOW ? BCWF ! Did OR Does every one know this or ? RJ

Read post 17. They made an announcement about it...

REMINGTON JIM
07-15-2018, 08:48 PM
Read post 17. They made an announcement about it...

I DID ! just want to here things from the HORSES mouth just in case theres FAKE News ! :shock: Know What i Mean ? RJ

Deaddog
07-15-2018, 08:48 PM
Perhaps you should pull pull your head out of your ass before you spout off. If your referring to the 2017 elk hunt on the muskwa, I was not the president of bcwf and had not been for some time , nor was I involved in any way with the bcwf . The fed had zero involvement , knowledge or role in the hunt what so ever . The Beasley boys have done more for standing up for hunters than many organizations or individuals. I have hunted with them a number of times and will continue to do so as long as I can hike the mountains . So now that you have the facts, how about manning up and retracting your bull shit statement

sako79
07-15-2018, 08:55 PM
I remember now that it was actually nothing to do with Region 2

Onesock
07-15-2018, 08:56 PM
Ex pres of the BCWf. Thats good enuf for alot of guys on here. And using a permit to accompany for someones personnal gain? Thats what I have an issue with! Now deny that!!! Permits to accompany are NOT for personnal gain. Read that again NOT for personnal gain.....

bearvalley
07-15-2018, 08:56 PM
Now that Deaddog has cleared up that bit of BS, lets hear about the QCI hunt.
Deaddog is fully aware that I’ve had issues with the present CITR crew...but that said they do portray the image and heritage of hunting better than most.

Deaddog
07-15-2018, 09:15 PM
Are you insinuating I made personal gain?? What a crock of shit. I don’t except even a coffee cup. If your sniveling because someone with a show comes in and films a great hunt , following the rules, then your entitled to your opinion So now that you have switched gears from the bcwf/ president focus to taking cirt it shows what kind of Integrity you have . If you don’t like the current rules. Get them changed, I’ll gladly follow them just like I did on this hunt..

QUOTE=Onesock;2020080]Ex pres of the BCWf. Thats good enuf for alot of guys on here. And using a permit to accompany for someones personnal gain? Thats what I have an issue with! Now deny that!!! Permits to accompany are NOT for personnal gain. Read that again NOT for personnal gain.....[/QUOTE]

Onesock
07-15-2018, 09:39 PM
I never said you did did I? And you are the ex pres of BCWF? Yes And the Beasleys did profit from this TV show did they not? Yes. Personnal gain from BC big game. They should use a guide oitfitter! You didn't break any laws you just bent them.....

Onesock
07-15-2018, 09:40 PM
Oh don't worry about my integrity.

Deaddog
07-15-2018, 09:45 PM
Once again you continue to make up lies. No rules were bent, the hunt was applied for following the rules and laws laid out, your entitled to your opinion regarding guide outfitters and I would be fine if the rules were changed to that . I believe it is good to show case hunting and I further believe cirt serves the hunting world very well . As far as your integrity, I could care less.

07-15-2018, 09:52 PM
Awesome thread.....

Rackmastr
07-15-2018, 09:54 PM
Awesome thread.....

A good example of how I'm confident that I will be alive to see the end of hunting in this province.....

Stone C. Killer
07-15-2018, 09:57 PM
Why would we worry about your integrity one sock? You got a hunting show too or something????

sako79
07-15-2018, 10:08 PM
The hunt on the Charlotte's had nothing really to do with me I did I have a permit to accompany from my buddy in Saskatchewan. But both of us paid our way ourselves on the hunt

butcher
07-15-2018, 11:30 PM
A good example of how I'm confident that I will be alive to see the end of hunting in this province.....

You know, I’m starting to think so too. I despair for my son.

Cyrus
07-16-2018, 05:37 AM

Why cant we just get along???? Hunting community is extremely divided and I agree with your statement.

digger dogger
07-16-2018, 06:20 AM
WOW, the point of this thread is?
Ummmmmmm, nanny state.
No rules broken, nobody died.
Lock this shitty thread.
I believe Jim G.

pnbrock
07-16-2018, 06:29 AM
this thread has been taken to a new level of stupidity !! remember who we are losing hunting too and focus the fight on them !!

SR80
07-16-2018, 06:38 AM
I'll be first to say i enjoyed the episode!

Piperdown
07-16-2018, 06:56 AM
Why cant we just get along???? Hunting community is extremely divided and I agree with your statement.

SHIT go over to the moose thread this is nothing

Onesock
07-16-2018, 07:02 AM
I just dont think we should be giving our opportunity to hunt to out of province hunters for their profit.

Brez
07-16-2018, 07:09 AM
Well, welcome to B.C. Trev! Too much Kootenay Green used around here.....paranoia reigns. Let's all make up little issues and fight them and let the larger battles go unchallenged

Rackmastr
07-16-2018, 07:28 AM
Well, welcome to B.C. Trev! Too much Kootenay Green used around here.....paranoia reigns. Let's all make up little issues and fight them and let the larger battles go unchallenged

I used to hear that BC was the "Serengeti of the North". It didn't take me long to realize that most of that is a statement about a bunch of lions and hyenas chasing eachother in circles over a pile of rotting bones....

boxhitch
07-16-2018, 07:46 AM
while being watched over by a herd of prey that would celebrate their demise

kootenaihunter
07-16-2018, 08:17 AM
I used to hear that BC was the "Serengeti of the North". It didn't take me long to realize that most of that is a statement about a bunch of lions and hyenas chasing eachother in circles over a pile of rotting bones....

Lots of poachers too!

Wild one
07-16-2018, 08:21 AM
Not a fan of the host program being used for hunting shows because in my opinion this is not what the program was meant for. A lot “friends” magically showed up hosting Canada in the rough for a couple seasons

As for the hunt in ? Personally feel this was not a positive decision for the BCWF to get involved in because many viewed it as a shady use of the host program

People can defend this all they want but truth of the matter is it brought negative attention to the host program and was not beneficial to BC hunters.

Deaddog
07-16-2018, 08:46 AM
Not sure how to make it any clearer. The fed was never involved in the elk hunt in any way or manner... I have known the Beasley boys well for over a decade, certainly get others position on the rules around the permit

howa1500
07-16-2018, 08:49 AM

So true!! I feel like I'm going to see hunting end in the province before the Canucks win a Stanley Cup.

Wild one
07-16-2018, 09:09 AM
Not sure how to make it any clearer. The fed was never involved in the elk hunt in any way or manner... I have known the Beasley boys well for over a decade, certainly get others position on the rules around the permit

I was not involved so only know the info given and dont take everything on this forum as fact lol

With the number of hosted hunts on the show it has caused many to ? Any hosted hunt that was involved. From what you are saying your hunt was legitimate but scrutinized because it was on TV

Brez
07-16-2018, 09:18 AM
Ha, ha! Good one. Actually funny if it wasn't true. Now you know why I like Alberta.

Gateholio
07-16-2018, 10:34 AM
Are hosted hunts that gets filmed for TV really an important issue?

There are so many other things that are actually important, seems pretty silly to get worked up about a few hosted hunts. It’s not like BC hunters are missing out on anything or a species is being put in jeopardy.

Wild one
07-16-2018, 10:43 AM
Are hosted hunts that gets filmed for TV really an important issue?

There are so many other things that are actually important, seems pretty silly to get worked up about a few hosted hunts. It’s not like BC hunters are missing out on anything or a species is being put in jeopardy.

It does give an argument to be used against the host program and is displayed for all to see when on TV.

Yes there are many issues in BC but why create more

Gateholio
07-16-2018, 11:05 AM
Gives what argument specifically?

Wild one
07-16-2018, 11:34 AM
Gives what argument specifically?

GOs started ?ing the use of the permit for TV hunting already. It’s not a far streach for them to claim it is being used as a loop hole to keep cost down when filming hunting shows when they would normally hire a GO

You are smart enough to see it yourself and smart enough to know the host program was not intended for this purpose. Just because you may see no issues with the host system used this way does not mean it does not help build a case against the host program.

Rumour is the host program has tightened up on a few species and it is believed by some this is part of what caused it. I have not used the program in a few years or looked into it lately so this may just be some talking

Do I care if a non resident hunts BC TV host or other wise NO but TV hunters using the grey areas of the host program putting it at risk I don’t agree with.

Gateholio
07-16-2018, 12:36 PM
Ah, I think I recall now outfitters complaining about this. Who says that the hosts would even book an outfitted hunt anyway?

This just seems like a petty thing. Someone legally came to hunt and made a TV show without hiring an outfitter. It’s tough to be convinced this is actually a problem that requires a solution.

S.W.A.T.
07-16-2018, 01:41 PM
I fail to see the problem with what took place.

For Canada in the Rough it was actually a pretty good episode. Really depicted triumph and tribulations of a hunt and what a person may experience. Far better then their bait in a tree stand for black bear episodes

Wild one
07-16-2018, 05:01 PM
Ah, I think I recall now outfitters complaining about this. Who says that the hosts would even book an outfitted hunt anyway?

This just seems like a petty thing. Someone legally came to hunt and made a TV show without hiring an outfitter. It’s tough to be convinced this is actually a problem that requires a solution.

Odds are the Beasley’s would have done less hunts in BC if they did not use the host program just not cost effective

The reason I believe Canada in the rough’s use of the host program got negative attention is the number of hunts and how many different hosts they used. In my opinion if not so many hosts were used it would not have been looked at as an issue or people ?ing their use of the program

Myself the only issue I have is it puts the host program at risk by giving ammo for those against the program to use

fowl language
07-17-2018, 08:22 AM
dead dog is 100% right on the money. he was not a president at the time of this elk hunt and as a then provincial member of the board of directors this was never brought forward as was the qci hunt never brought forward in discussion. region 2 had nothing to do with either.

quadrakid
07-17-2018, 04:07 PM
7 pages and nobody has found a way to turn this into a native rant,i am amazed.

dana
07-17-2018, 08:45 PM
What I find facsinating is some are upset that an Former Fed guy went on a hunt but think it totally fine that the current Fed leadership has never hunted. ;)

07-17-2018, 10:40 PM
What I find facsinating is some are upset that an Former Fed guy went on a hunt but think it totally fine that the current Fed leadership has never hunted. ;)

Really????
Sorry, but if thats true thays messed up

338win mag
07-17-2018, 10:48 PM
So what? Cassius Clay had a trainer that wasn't a boxer (Angelo Dundee)
Gary Bettman runs the NHL but isn't a hockey player.

Piperdown
07-18-2018, 05:51 AM

Uh oh get ready to get schooled :)

Fella
07-18-2018, 10:39 AM
You’re joking right?

Stone Sheep Steve
07-18-2018, 11:20 AM
Onesock- you've been on HBC since 2005. Are any of your 1660 plus posts actually positive??

SSS

Wild one
07-18-2018, 11:39 AM
Onesock- you've been on HBC since 2005. Are any of your 1660 plus posts actually positive??

SSS

I can think of many positive and helpful posts from onesock over the years

I can also say in past years yours were more positive but have been degrading overtime

No one here is perfect myself included but some here need to stop BSing them selves.

Gateholio
07-18-2018, 11:46 AM
other than some outfitters, is there anyone else lobbying to get rid of the host program?

Blockcaver
07-18-2018, 11:49 AM
Keep it, it is really nice to be able to hunt with family once in a while!!!

Wild one
07-18-2018, 11:50 AM
Keep it, it is really nice to be able to hunt with family once in a while!!!

It is a great system for this and what it should be used for in my opinion

dana
07-18-2018, 05:31 PM

So who is Cassius Clay in this case? Surely not Rusty Trigger? Hahaha!

LBM
07-18-2018, 06:30 PM
other than some outfitters, is there anyone else lobbying to get rid of the host program?

Its actually Permit to accompany here in B.C. , hunter host I beleive is what it is called in Alberta.
I don't have a problem with it but do feel it could be regulated better.
So what does permit to accompany mean do the people have to stay together or can the non-resident go off by him self.
In the elk. moose and caribou shows with the beasleys it looks like they made all the stocks on there own with the camera man
unless the camera man was the permit holder. In the caribou show they actually ended up shooting a different bull then the one
they started after.
If a non resident is hunting with a guide/outfitter are they allowed to be left alone hunting or make the stalk on there own.
What is the obligation of the guide/outfitter or the holder of the accompany permit during the hunt.

Ferenc
07-18-2018, 06:49 PM
Could be a semi guided hunt ... where the hunter is left ( alone) on property “ In a tree stand or ground blind “ thru an outfitter .... don’t think that would work for a permit to accompany .. thinking you have to be with the holder through out the hunt.... lots of different ways to I guess to define guided hunt

HappyJack
07-18-2018, 07:05 PM
Its actually Permit to accompany here in B.C. , hunter host I beleive is what it is called in Alberta.
I don't have a problem with it but do feel it could be regulated better.
So what does permit to accompany mean do the people have to stay together or can the non-resident go off by him self.
In the elk. moose and caribou shows with the beasleys it looks like they made all the stocks on there own with the camera man
unless the camera man was the permit holder. In the caribou show they actually ended up shooting a different bull then the one
they started after.
If a non resident is hunting with a guide/outfitter are they allowed to be left alone hunting or make the stalk on there own.
What is the obligation of the guide/outfitter or the holder of the accompany permit during the hunt.

On a permit to accompany you have to stay within communication distance, without electronic aids. Basically stick to them like a new kid with his first 22.

Deaddog
07-19-2018, 12:32 AM
Anytime we can spend time in the field with family or friends it is worthwhile, don’t see even outfitters worrying about how the permit is applied anymore. Much bigger issues to tackle

Onesock
07-19-2018, 06:16 AM
I dont think anyone wants to get rid of the hunter host program I just want to see it stopped being ABUSED!!!

Gateholio
07-19-2018, 06:28 AM
I dont think anyone wants to get rid of the hunter host program I just want to see it stopped being ABUSED!!!

What is your definition of being abused ?

What do you perceive is the result of this “abuse?” Conservation concern ? Takes away resident hunter opportunity?

Onesock
07-19-2018, 09:07 AM
You don't think taking a commercial enterprise on a hunter host hunt is an abuse of the program? C'mon... as for the other questions yes on both accounts. Everyone on this site knows game populations in BC are struggling. We shouldn't be giving our game away for profit.

BRvalley
07-19-2018, 09:21 AM
so if they went through a guide outfitter, than the guide and tv show both profit, guide gets paid and tv show still gets made....the animal is still killed, so your argument doesn't seem to actually be about BC wildlife, it's about taking money away from guide outfitters

nowhere in the eligibility requirements does it state this argument you are attempting to make

07-19-2018, 09:28 AM
You don't think taking a commercial enterprise on a hunter host hunt is an abuse of the program? C'mon... as for the other questions yes on both accounts. Everyone on this site knows game populations in BC are struggling. We shouldn't be giving our game away for profit.

you state we shouldn't be giving our game away for profit. Well then .......

How about the Big Players then, the GOs that are Foreighn owned ........ Several of them through out the province. Charging Huge Dollars. Mostly pricing is out of reach for the average BC or Canadian resident...... Yet the foreighn GOs charge incredibly expensive prices, profiting off the backs of residents, and allocated greater percentages of game up to 40 % of all allocated animals. Then the Dollars leave BC.
Even Foreighn hired staff and guides. More money leaving.
It appears you have bigger fish to fry going by your statement.
How about getting that in line rather then the odd Hunter host for a TV show. Big deal.
These foreighn owned outfits could care less about the residents of BC or Canada, and want nothing more then to keep take take taking. Why do you think they like to do business here.
Pathetic.

Good on those that hosted GITR, I enjoyed the shows.

And for those that continue their Fed witch hunt ........ Show us all ANY organization in the province that has done as much or more for the betterment of fish and wildlife as the Fed. Funny, it appears no one can come up with that one.

Gateholio
07-19-2018, 09:44 AM

If you are this concerned about a couple of animals taken "for profit" on a TV show, how do you feel about the hundreds of animals taken "for profit" by the outfitting industry?

bighornbob
07-19-2018, 09:56 AM
C'mon... as for the other questions yes on both accounts. Everyone on this site knows game populations in BC are struggling. We shouldn't be giving our game away for profit.

Using your analogy we should not be giving away any of our game then to anyone that is not a BC resident profit or not. A moose that your "brother" from Alberta might take could be left for a BC resident.

Personally, I dont see an issue with the program as its run.

BHB

Onesock
07-19-2018, 09:56 AM
I think u can figure that out! Are you trying legitimize bending rules by the BCWF supporters?

Billybird
07-19-2018, 10:33 AM
this thread has been taken to a new level of stupidity !! remember who we are losing hunting too and focus the fight on them !!

This is the problem. The infighting amongst the hunting family will ultimately be the downfall to a way of life we all revere. At this rate my kids won't have the same opportunities we've had to live this lifestyle. What an absolute shame.

Gateholio
07-19-2018, 11:33 AM
I think u can figure that out! Are you trying legitimize bending rules by the BCWF supporters?

Considering the publicity around this, if there was any actual rule breaking there would have been charges by the COs.

I think you have an axe to grind and you’ve pounced on this in an attempt to stir up shit in hopes of turning a molehill into a mountain.

calvin L
07-19-2018, 12:25 PM
Did some one not get there elk last year and is tearing up now ?

Fella
07-19-2018, 12:52 PM
I’m still unclear on which rules were actually bent? Can you elaborate?

BRvalley
07-19-2018, 01:15 PM
based on his argument, I wouldn't be surprised if he's affiliated with the outfitter territory where this hunt occurred...

Avalanche123
07-19-2018, 02:00 PM
Hunters beating up on Hunters....****ing awesome guys.

Rackmastr
07-19-2018, 02:18 PM
I wish I knew how to get a post about doing real volunteer habitat enhancement work in the province to have as much action as a stupid post like this....

So many people in this province's "hunting/outdoors" community are embarrassing as hell.

Blockcaver
07-19-2018, 02:44 PM
Rackmaster X 2!!!

browningboy
07-19-2018, 03:28 PM
Read 10 pages and really could have spent a better moment poking a needle in my eye! Like really?

we just need to be able to post pics super easy so we can have better content then squawking about natives, fellow hunters, blah, blah... So make it like facebook with inserting pics, no resizing or pics going in sideways etc.. Thread railed.. sorry

Fella
07-19-2018, 03:53 PM
Photobucket works well for me
http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag105/Fellala/2A2C74D8-4432-4AA2-B3FF-F0DACC2EADC4_zps6im0ujhs.jpg (http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/Fellala/media/2A2C74D8-4432-4AA2-B3FF-F0DACC2EADC4_zps6im0ujhs.jpg.html)

horshur
07-19-2018, 05:39 PM
I think the real issue was the feds anti guide stance at the time....including posters on huntbc tearing a new one on guides..then low and behold there they are acting as “guides” for a “for profit tv show”. It was hypocritical at the very least. Not illegal or immoral but definitely hypocritical.

07-19-2018, 06:51 PM
based on his argument, I wouldn't be surprised if he's affiliated with the outfitter territory where this hunt occurred...

Cool if it was ....... Lots of hard work for these residents and guests pulling out a critter in these tough to get at spots with out all the Big Cash, resources and time to be able to do it. Only being able to access these areas for a couple weeks at tops a year and being rewarded with success is a feeling one has a tough time to beat. It's Terrific!

Sitkaspruce
07-19-2018, 08:24 PM
I wish I knew how to get a post about doing real volunteer habitat enhancement work in the province to have as much action as a stupid post like this....

So many people in this province's "hunting/outdoors" community are embarrassing as hell.

Best post in this one and all the other stupid ones!! If we could only wish for that attention!!!! Sadly, society has swung around to creating and like controversy much more than the feel good stories.....

What's next? Bitching about one of our licence paid for stocked trout getting caught by the Dimestore fisherman being guided Fishing with Rod??

Cheers

SS

dana
07-20-2018, 05:42 AM
I think the real issue was the feds anti guide stance at the time....including posters on huntbc tearing a new one on guides..then low and behold there they are acting as “guides” for a “for profit tv show”. It was hypocritical at the very least. Not illegal or immoral but definitely hypocritical.

Funny many of those same people who are disgusted by this thread as hunters attacting hunters and this is a sure sign of the end were the very same people attacking me for saying those very same words. Hmmm, hypocritical is right. I was blasted because I dared say the words 'hunters attacking hunters'. Deaddog of all people knows the truth iin that.

Bugle M In
07-20-2018, 12:06 PM
I am really confused with this post/thread.
If we are talking about the ELK Hunt in the Muskwa??
I thought it was an excellent episode.
Of course these guys used guides etc.
But, they did a great job of describing the hunt, what was needed, and what efforts were to be expected, as well
as showing off the are for anyone who has never been up there.
To me, this episode was a win/win.
For guides and resident hunters.
Even if the BCWF had paid for it, so what, it definitely was a benefit to support hunting for all.
Isn't that what it is all about ...now!!
If there was issues in the past, is it worth bringing it up now, as if it is happening today??
Lets move on...good episode, good filming, and definitely showed what "hunting is really about" and what is involved.
Not just a bunch of beer guzzling road hunters blasting anything with 2 eyes, as we are portrayed so often in the media.
It showed who we are! how we hunt, and why we hunt, and all the benefits it can bring!
I'm out!

horshur
07-20-2018, 05:48 PM
A Hungarian who comes here on a paid hunt is just the same..a hunter.....

this thread is is about the division sowed by Fed members against bow hunters,hunting guides and outfitters, hunters who drink beer, or drive a quad. The folks swinging the sledge on the wedge against hunters of all races,financial position,paid or unpaid,fit or unfit,trophy or meat.

horshur
07-20-2018, 06:24 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/2ef3x1.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/2ef3x1)via Imgflip Meme Generator (https://imgflip.com/memegenerator)

SemperAurum
12-18-2019, 10:44 PM
I dont own a tv. Is there any way to watch this show online?

Alligator Alley here I come. Drive the dented old jalopy up the dirty river, park my fat ass on shore and hammer a trophy bull then drive home and hope not to hit too many big rocks too hard.

GEF
12-19-2019, 05:26 AM
Bla Bla Bla come on!Go for a hike and burn off some the negative enegey sh.t
Doesn't anyone hunt anymore? Pictures and stories where did they go.

SemperAurum
12-19-2019, 08:25 AM
Hike? Why hike when you can sit and wait for them to come to you??? Fish in a barrel my son, fish in a barrel.
Carrying large dead animals on the back is for the birds. Ropes, cut trail into the bush, yank it out with quad. Now yer huntin.Big ole power winch tied to a tree on shore beside the jalopy.

S.W.A.T.
12-19-2019, 09:50 AM
I'm a little upside down on this and fail to see what the big issue is?

12-19-2019, 10:03 AM
Ding ding. Exactly.
Funny how jealousy and loud mouths go hand and hand.

More added to the ignore list by many.