PDA

View Full Version : Rookie hunter looking for areas in Region 8 late September (Whitetail,Blacktail,bear)

newhunter81
07-11-2018, 08:18 AM
hey Guys,

I'm a BC guy who now lives in Ontario and looking to come back to the Okanagan and Kelowna area late September to introduce hunting to a few of my Ontario friends who now live out west. I don't have any boots on the ground as these guys are very new to hunting and also have too many kids in my opinion, so time is hard to come by for them.

I'm doing the leg work here, but I'm told that there is considerable pressure around late September in specific parts of Region 8 for White tail and Mule Deer Obviously I"m not asking you to give away you favorite hunting spots, but any areas that you would recommend for a few guys to go out camping and hunting for 3-4 days?

We are more then capable in the back country, so the further out the better to avoid hunting pressure. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Am looking at getting Whitetail, Blacktail, and Black Bear tags to make the most of our time. Stoked to get new hunters into the sport and to come back to an area Ive always enjoyed visiting but have never had the chance to hunt in!

walks with deer
07-11-2018, 09:50 AM
1.do you have permission from the government to hunt here....eg permit?
2.hunting pressure will be high everywhere...
3.no blactails in region 8 except for maybe where 8 meet 2 around manning park.and just up the coquihalla

walks with deer
07-11-2018, 09:55 AM
head out by christinal lake you will see bears turkeys whitetail and of your lucky elk.

Hublocker
07-11-2018, 10:24 AM
Just to be clear, if you live in Ontario and have not actually lived in BC for the last six months you can't hunt here.

If your ex-Ontario now BC friends have 6 months residency here they can hunt and get you a permit to accompany but they better apply pretty darn fast.

canucks6
07-16-2018, 09:48 PM
Hey. Please have bear tags. And harvest as many as u can. Oh and please please please have ur guns ready and take any wolf or coyote u see. Thank U...!....!....!

wos
07-16-2018, 10:08 PM
Just to be clear, if you live in Ontario and have not actually lived in BC for the last six months you can't hunt here.

If your ex-Ontario now BC friends have 6 months residency here they can hunt and get you a permit to accompany but they better apply pretty darn fast.
The friends also need to have held a bc hunting licence in good standing for the past 3 years.

338win mag
07-16-2018, 10:56 PM
Hey. Please have bear tags. And harvest as many as u can. Oh and please please please have ur guns ready and take any wolf or coyote u see. Thank U...!....!....!
English isn't a requirement either so your probably ok.

boblly1
07-17-2018, 07:02 AM
a mule deer and a black tail are considered the same species that why there the same tag covers both species

Hublocker
07-17-2018, 08:28 AM
One post and he didn't come back.

DarekG
07-17-2018, 08:35 AM
One post and he didn't come back.

Maybe he saw some of the other "discussions" on HBC and was scared away... :lol:

walks with deer
07-17-2018, 11:46 AM
bobbly1

same species liscense yes...and i have seen and shot more than my share of both including high breeds...

but they are very defferent animals..

i grew up hunting blacktails and find it easier to get a book blacktail than a book muley as the ghost are hidden so its easyier for them to grow.

RackStar
07-17-2018, 01:03 PM
What the....
i thought some massive coastal black tails were coming out of kelowna :p

so now your telling me they’re mule deer?

mastercaster
07-17-2018, 10:23 PM
Someone should also mention that at that time of the season you can only hunt 4 point mule deer. Wt bucks,,,,all shooters.