PDA

View Full Version : Hunting gear found

DWH
08-31-2007, 09:47 AM
Not sure where the lost and found section is but here's the deal. Last year I found a knapsack full of hunting gear up Champion Creek just before dark and no one around. I posted this memo last year with no response. Breaking out my gear this year I was reminded that I have this stuff. If anyone contacts me and can identify the bag and contents - I will deliver it. Feel free to PM me and also to pass this along to anyone who may have been up in the area last season.

Murder
08-31-2007, 09:57 PM
I've left backpacks etc. before going on a stalk. I'm pretty sure you don't just forget about your pack. The poor sap probably went back for it, thought he was going nuts, and had to replace it all. Geesh, I sure hope you don't pick up my pack one day.:icon_frow

I guess you are dong the right thing though now.

BIGHUNTERFISH
08-31-2007, 10:38 PM
So your the guy that grabbed my sack.:cool:

Marc
09-01-2007, 12:25 AM
Didn't thunderstix lose his back pack last year? Thought he left it on the ground behind his truck with his range finder and a couple of other items.

I wonder what Mike is up to these days...

DWH
09-11-2007, 09:57 AM
I've left backpacks etc. before going on a stalk. I'm pretty sure you don't just forget about your pack. The poor sap probably went back for it, thought he was going nuts, and had to replace it all. Geesh, I sure hope you don't pick up my pack one day.:icon_frow

I guess you are dong the right thing though now.

You gotta be missing a few marbles if you forget your pack BEFORE you go on a stalk

FYI, it was at last light, left in the middle of the road, we stopped to talk to every vehicle (4 of them) we encountered on the drive out, and I posted a lost and found days after I recovered it on multiple forums. Leaving it behind for other less honest individuals to find was my concern at the time. My intentions were pure but thanks for being a jerk about it.

Also, a range finder was not one of the items in the bag.

Cappy
09-11-2007, 10:03 AM
Found in the middle of the road sounds like it fell of a vehicle, not left by someone going on a stalk. I've taken my packs off before as well, but I generally try not to leave them in the moddle of the road where they can be run over.

DWH sounds like you did the right thing and good on ya for trying to track down the owner.

partsman
09-11-2007, 10:14 AM
You did the right thing.
Might just find the owner this way, and I do recall here and maybe other sites that people have posted they lost stuff.

Or maybe we should just raffle it off.:biggrin:

fozzy
09-11-2007, 10:31 AM
I found a pack last year too in 8-08. Really didn't have much in it, a pair of gloves and blanket if I recall. I think it fell out of a truck as well.

Everett
09-12-2007, 12:45 PM
I lost my pack off my truck last year and lucky for me some honest fellow picked it up and delivered it to my house woudn't even accept a beer from my buddy who was at the house at the time. Had my wallet a lot of cash in it as well as a gps, binoculars, normal hunting stuff and to me most inportantly my grandfathers hunting knife. So I am all for people picking packs up off the road. I figure that guys Karma must be doing pretty good.

ryanb
09-12-2007, 01:13 PM
It's a little late now, but a lost and found poster on the road where it was found might have been a good idea. Next time I guess.

rock
09-12-2007, 02:06 PM
I was hunting a few areas and come across a work truck for excavation rigs, every day he would drive by with tools tool boxes bouncing in the box of the truck.
In 4 days I found 2 tool boxes,tarp, 4 O-ring kits, hammer, thank goodness I new where to find this fellow. Returned it well he was having coffee, he new he had lost it but never bother to pick it up, all in all he gave me two O-ring kits for my trouble, but I couldn't understand why he wouldn't bother to pick it up I could see for a few items which had rolled of the road into the ditch. Others where all over the road.

ruger#1
09-12-2007, 02:24 PM
You should of ask him for some gate keys.

Mr. Dean
09-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Obviously it wasn't his. Likely his employers.

Like Mom say's; "If it's yours, you'll take better care of it".