PDA

View Full Version : MU 3-28 Trophy Mule Deer Bucks - Skull Mt Rexford - Goudreaux - Camp Nine - Fishtrap

Jelvis
07-05-2018, 01:06 PM
-- We're going in inch by inch -- From Kamloops Nor Shore on the Westsyde Road all the way to Petersen Creek, Mt McGregor,Gorman lake.
Hunting from Kammy to Gorman Lake Road to Mt Hagen etc. 8) ---> " look at Chances Gaming Entertainment address, 1250 Halston Kamloops ph 250 -554 - 1030 "
--This is where we can center out from either way, over the Halston Bridge to get on Hwy 5, Yellowhead to get to Skull - or drive up Westsyde Rd --
Jel -- Management Unit 3-28 -- is great for mule deer of the bigger kind, nice racks and good meat for pepperoni especially mmm gah hood --
------------Big Mule bucks with record size antlers can be seen - 8) PRECISION OPTICS would work wonders at Skull <----------you can see a far distance

Jelvis
07-05-2018, 04:34 PM
=-//--> " Ok hunters of the mule deer bucks, the only hunting we can really call hunting hahahaha, well anyone who loves the muley bucks antlers and meat.
We all want a nice rack, a " Hat Rack " we can hang the hats on. "
Now that the MU 3-28 is back on track with the newly changed rules for atv's for hunting use during GOS mule deer season, now is a no no, so the still hunting is back.
--> This change plus thee one mule buck only or a leh doe, either one not both.
Mu 3-28 is a beyond world class mule deer buck hunting area, for hunters who like to walk slowly along a ridge searching and looking and listening for the big buck.
--> Thee m.u. 3 - 28 has enough hunting area with top notch mule deer habitat to make a lifetime spot out of it, in many diverse one day hunting spots, touching each other.
Jel -- this Skull Mt spot is the one we are going to examine and learn where to spend that one day and get a chance at Mr.Big. this season 2018 and
---------> Celebrate together the B.C. Ministry's excellent decision, by hiking around in a planned way and get that nice typical four point or non-typical 8 point.

Jelvis
07-05-2018, 06:08 PM
=-//----------> " I don't expect any hunter or member to add a post even, cuz I'm basically doing this out of experience and have seen for myself. " <---------//-=

- You can read my stuff on this MU 3-28 Big Buck Mule thread all you want, and need hahahaha, mule bucks get me going hahaha, and you too I understand.

-- Make sure you read my Buck Fever thread, I'll bump it hahaha, you might need it. Have you seen a record mule buck up by Camp Nine? Let's figure it out.
Jel -- here's some home work for us, a ruler, a pencil and look up MU 3-28 in your Backroad Mapbook - Thompson Rivers -- Outdoor Recreation Guide --
-----for a start look up MU 3-28 from Kamloops and go up Westsyde Road north to Fishtrap Creek and you see Skull Mt. and check out this spot on your best map.

Steelpulse
07-05-2018, 07:43 PM
I can agree with you on this jel. The Kamloops area is great for deer hunting. Yes it gets lots of pressure but getting off the roads is key and there is plenty of land to hide big bucks in. There are even some nice 4 points low down where you would never except them so don’t over look the early km marks on a lot of the local roads. Have shot a couple deer in the first 10km

Jelvis
07-05-2018, 10:10 PM
Steelpulse, Kamloops is top shelf for mule deer hunting, getting off the road is key, and like your saying plenty of land that big mule bucks are hiding in.
Down low by the valley bottom and just up a few hundred feet off the Westsyde Road in certain spots can be rewarding.
From Kamloops out on the Westsyde road from the very start and out a few K and the hunting gets real good, no doubt about that especially a walker type.
=-//---> Something to work on a bit, and not overdoing it, is getting your legs and hips moving getting ready to hike a little, and not steep or rocky if you choose.
We got 57 days til Sept 1, so just a reminder to maybe stationary bike a bit. Or go for a walk after or before work. No need to join a gym or lift weights.

RyoTHC
07-06-2018, 09:43 AM
Thanks jelly, I appreciate you pulling the heat off my honey holes in 3-13 haha

Always a wealth of information !!

Jelvis
07-06-2018, 06:50 PM
-- > Hi everyone who digs big racked four point typical mule deer buck's racks. To me the mule deer buck has thee perfect design and shape and form that catches thee eye, if yah know whad I'm trying to say? Hahahahaha. I'm losin it.
-- > From Kamloops stay on the west side of thee North Thompson River. The Westsyde Road is where we can start from Kamloops -- Mule Deer City --
Jel -- In this spot we are looking at near Skull Mt and Goudreaux Mt there are huge non-typical mule deer bucks -- you can believe this no B.S. ----------- Non - Typs

Jelvis
07-06-2018, 06:59 PM
=-// -- > I'm going to give you a hint of an option, when we hunt leaving Kamloops and we know we are going to Skull we can drive up Hwy 5, from Kamloops along the east side of the North Thompson. We go up The Yellowhead Number 5 and hit the turnoff to Skull at Barriere, check your map for the north end of Westsyde Road. Contest question? Below.
Jel -- a fast way from Kammy in 60 km you look across the river and see Skull Mtn from Hwy 5 -- then next turn left ( west ) -- you can look at the map with a magnifier .. What is the correct name for that next turn left? --- next left?

waserwolf
07-06-2018, 10:19 PM
Wolsey Rd???
You got me all worked up for huntin season. My Mulie spots haven't been so good.

Jelvis
07-07-2018, 06:26 AM
=-//---> Wolsey is thee answer ? No butt so close, we all were looking for and waserwolf sniffs out the Wolsey Road for a Toad folks! Remember that name Wolsey.
Butt it's Petersen-Betts road turn left off Hwy 5 ( west ) off hwy 5. then drive up a k or so turn left on Wolsey Road.
Go 3 miles up and check this spot up Wolsey for a walk --- imagine walks to discover and extend out to see what is there.
- > Hunt between 3 to 6 km from the beginning of Wolsey, and about 2500 foot level and above.
Jel -- just one spot to stalk n walk -- good all year but it is winter range and if snow is a foot deep here when hunting, the monster bucks are in here.
--------- in this thread creeks in this MU 3-28 that we're doing here up Skull as you go in on Wolsey the creeks that cross, come out of ponds and lil lakes that mule deer hang out so you can always learn this spot hunting up a creek to the pond or lil lake like Camp Nine. Check Camp Nine Lake on your topo -- mules love this area

Jelvis
07-07-2018, 06:58 AM
--> I wood like to mention that anyone, who enjoys walking slowly along with your rifle in prime mule deer habitat and being able to scan hundreds of yards across little valleys, this is thee spot in BC for mule deer now that all the trails made by those ATV's over the last decade are now walking paths for us still hunters.
Jel -- Stairway to heaven -- no more rev vin -- trails to walk -- as fast or slow as you wanna go! -- Your going to see mules -- with antlers -- nice ones

Arctic Lake
07-07-2018, 12:45 PM
Hello Jelvis
You are posting good information for those of us who may have been successful with harvesting other species but have had no luck with mulies....myself included !
Thanks !
Arctic Lake

todbartell
07-07-2018, 12:58 PM
I bet this thread has some people wanting it locked and deleted :mrgreen:

Jelvis
07-07-2018, 01:38 PM
Sounds like Hot Toddy's been to Skull - Hahaha - I know what your saying about not wanting it known, but a person still has to drive up and in from Vancouver, Lower Mainland, 3 hours complete right to Skull so no big deal. That's the beauty of this location, world class mule bucks in the southern interior, not far from the Fraser Valley.
-- so close to get to and such gorgeous topography it's mind blowing.
Jel -- Some of those North Thompson hunters in Lil Fort etc Hahahaha -- we know you know where the Skull Mtn muley bucks are -- Fhorshur

GreatWhitePopogeebo
07-07-2018, 04:51 PM
Ok sold I'll be there opening day give it a go

Jelvis
07-07-2018, 05:12 PM
I want to tell you if you go early - like right opening day, you will be able to make your mark in the Skull Mt atmosphere. You will see, you will walk, you will fall in love.
Then, once you've made your mark, you have a life time top shelf mule deer hunting spot for ever. No need to go to some place like Colorado or Nevada.
-- Just go, and once you walk around and use your compass, walk the atv trails too if you wish, keep eyes open and scanning.
We will work this thread together as we go along, we have 55 days left til Sept 1, 2018 and we hit no atv's for hunting also.
--This is how we show appreciation for the sport of mule deer hunting and the Ministry's super decision. By going and making this our main spot.
Jel -- Stick along - you already know from the information given so far where to go anyways, the starting point of this magnificent area. I will define more as we go.
- I appreciate Arctic Lake's comments and hope he goes and see's and hunts, and Popo, is going to fall in love with Skull - MU 3-28 -> ( Camp Nine and Rexford Lake).

Ourea
07-07-2018, 06:44 PM
In today's world there are very few secrets.
Internet, social media and the likes .......hundreds, if not thousands of people know of a kill before the hunter has cut his tag or a blade touches the animal.

There are big bucks in every region of BC.
That will never change.
Their numbers and overall population density will. Sadly.

Big bucks, giant bucks, will always be there.
Reality is that most hunters stand no chance in killing them because they simply don't invest enough time in the process.

Jelvis
07-07-2018, 07:13 PM
You have to enjoy mule deer buck hunting, this way it's not work, it's fun, and Region 3 at Skull is thee spot now! This is a pleasurable spot to hunt, not a gut wrenching, exhausting endeavor, this hunt in this area I'm talking about is pure pleasure if you really want mule deer country this is the best.
== and yet, if you want too turn it up a notch and get super hunter going, this spot supplies all your needs and more. For all of us, no matter how great a shape your in, if you can walk, you can get a spot here.
Jel -- just be patient for now, stay in the present, and we will cover spots in particular that have proven very rewarding for the big buck mule and a hat rack.

Jelvis
07-07-2018, 07:18 PM
Link this thread with Jelvis shows spots around Kamloops
Jel -- we can see where Skull is and Rexford and Camp 9 and Wolsey Creek and such --MU 3-28 --- in 2018 -- Hat Rack Patty Wack!

tomahawk
07-07-2018, 07:40 PM
bingo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in today's world there are very few secrets.
Internet, social media and the likes .......hundreds, if not thousands of people know of a kill before the hunter has cut his tag or a blade touches the animal.

There are big bucks in every region of bc.
That will never change.
Their numbers and overall population density will. Sadly.

Big bucks, giant bucks, will always be there.
Reality is that most hunters stand no chance in killing them because they simply don't invest enough time in the process.

Jelvis
07-08-2018, 08:11 PM
=-ll--> " The first left that we take when we look over at Skull from Hwy 5 about 60 km from Kammy, as we drive north towards Barriere, is not Wolsey Road quite yet, I was hoping to make this turn as plain and simple as I cood for you hunters coming up on Hwy 5, the Yellowhead, "
--------> Look it's Petersen- Betts turn off hwy 5, drive up and first road left is Wolsey Rd. -- this where the hunting starts, one lil farm as you go in on your left about a half k then Crown --
Jel ----------> ( Petersen/Betts -- turn left off Hwy 5) then go up, first left, Wolsey - drive past lil farm and your free to go Hugo! Towards Skull -- More later bye for now hunters.

Jelvis
07-09-2018, 07:01 PM
=-ll--> " I might ramble on a bit but hey, it's something to talk about that is relevant to a person, man or woman who wants a fair to good chance of seeing some mule deer in groups and individuals, including a bruiser mule dominant buck with a hat rack to go --
-- The rifle? I gotta 30-06 use 150 grain - pointed - soft point or 165, even 180's -any center fire rifle can be used, the shots here will be from close at 25 yards out to as far as your comfortable with, with out wounding the buck. I can shoot out to 300 yards comfortably, with a rest, and the buck is standing dead still, or laying down on a ridge. 308, 270, the new rifles available now are super - Winchester is real good folks --
-- Woman or man can navigate these ridges with relative ease, you can pick your way of direction after we study and actually get your feet around Camp Nine and Rexford and Goodreaux.
-- Skull Mtn itself is an option - if you choose to climb up a bit or not, how much energy, how much time you have, and you want to spend, all effort you give in Skull area will be rewarded. All and every hunt will make you a better trophy buck hunter.
Jel - incredible area and now with atv closure is a world class mule deer trophy buck area again - We want a big antlered buck, the meat can be ground and peperoni.
--------------------- 53 days til Sept 1st so walk around a bit, breath thru the nose out the mouth and think -- BIG BUCK WHOA! -- I gotta go! to Skull this year!

Jelvis
07-11-2018, 06:53 AM
Countdown to Skull and Camp Nine is 51 days and counting down-- 51 days til Sept 1 2018 folks --------------------------------------------------------->
--- 51 days until paradise
--- let's keep a watch on the watch hahaha
--- Wolsey Creek with Mule Deer Zeke
--- Camp Nine friend a mine
--- Rexford Lake with Roxy outta the gate
--- Goo Dro with Long Shot Sherry
--- Skull Mtn itself with Larry the Legs and Lonny the bronny
--- Westsyde Road east and to the Nor River on the west with Cross over Chris
--- Fishtrap Creek we will take note of it's position south of Skull it's like a border or divide and no ATV ride!
--- All legs and walking along enjoying the sights, and looking left and rights
--- Looking at long distances out to eye sight max, across small gullies and ridges with Bobby the Bo Bridges
--- checking out around Camp niner nothing cood B finer, a nice marsh, with birch and buck brush really lush and a hiding place for bigger bucks, with Pin Point Pete
--- We got it covered 6 by 3k = 18 km in size, get to know it, you cood win the prize, a 175 Typical or a Non Typ Bruiser --
--- your going to walk slow, your going to gawk low, your going to bend slightly forward and see the earth for fresh track girth and at least 3 and a harf inches long
--- your going to look for the horizontal lines of the deer's back cus most things in the bush are vertical, and lifeless not the deer tho it moves and flicks
--- your going to see mule deer, your going to see a buck with any luck in the back of your parked truck
--- see the antlers, count the points it's a four yah whad el it score? Quick like, see ear width and antlers extending past on each side about 4 inches then sinch it
Jello Marshmello ---- Fifty One Daze folks and counting down to Skull Mountain when we walk her beautiful shoulders and neck for the Hat Rack Patty Wack
---------------- then back tah Chilly Wack hahahahahah---------------------more later folks, this is the time, this is thee season -- no other reason!

the bear
07-12-2018, 06:43 AM
Thanks Jelly for being personally responsible for the need of traffic lights in the areas mentioned. Your vast knowledge is doing a great service to the wildlife and enviroment in these areas.

Jelvis
07-12-2018, 08:51 AM
50 day countdown til Sept 0ne -- 50 daze folks until the rifle get's a chance to see some outdoor life and stay warm in our arms.
-- fifty days until mule deer hunting supreme, is more than a dream
Jel -- we are counting down to Skull togedder, despite the wedder, bring a cammo soft jacket and sweater and hat, with cammo pants - light thinner gloves.
------------- Socks, wear a light pair and a heavier over top when cold.
--------------Bring a green light ( loose fitting) rain coat to put over you if needed, no big deal, just nice to be dry.
--------------soft material make way less noise then jeans or water proof stuff, but when raining put your raincoat over your clothes.

Jelvis
07-19-2018, 05:29 AM
----------------------> 43 days til the rifles and guns have some freedom outside, Outdoors folks! <----------------------------------forty three daze

Jelvis the Pelvis -------43 days til Sept One and some fun! ------------ maybe do a lil jog and loosen up the frame --- get some cardio happening -- just enuff so it's
------Enjoy yah Bubble --- 43 days and counting down or across or up? Still 43 daze <------//-=

Jelvis
07-19-2018, 12:25 PM
-- Our bucks in this spot up Camp 9 and Rexyford Lake, we are going to call it Rexy instead of Rexford, Rexy Lake.
-----------In here now we can walk as fast or slow as you want.
in this whole area, we can have enjoyment hunting, that's thee idea, along with getting a nice sized four point or non-typ muley buck --
----------- a trophy buck, one we hang our hats on! Nice rack, and we can find it by these lakes if we use proper mule deer hunting techniques -- slow walk and stop and go again --
Mule deer buck in nice shape, right now only 43 days, til we're ready to dance.
----------- no hurry, no big deal, relax right now and think big buck four point muley from Sept 1 on and gets better each day from the start so a good deal for us.
Jel -- your buck will be in here this season, and the whole season gos, is available to take opportunity of -- snow and tracking seeing the animal tracks in fresh snow!

Jelvis
07-20-2018, 08:16 PM
-- 42 days til Sept 1, 2018, and the muley bucks, in 3-28.
We are counting down or across to Sept One.
----------Muley too the bone
-------------Bah Hucks with any lucks
Jel -- ah -- 42 and counting, to hunting in B.C. folks! -- at Rexy -- and Camp -- for some Big Bucks -- Hat Racks --Trophy Size Muley Moss Horned Monster!
-------you and I and Rocko and Roxy are going in to gedder -- despite dah wedder -- --bring a swedder - it's gettin bedder -- you'll write a ledder

Jelvis
07-21-2018, 04:27 PM
41 days folks! Sept 1 ---------starts ---------> then each day that comes is a day you can make hay! --- you can hunt it or no!
-----------------------------------------------------> you can plan for a long week end or one day
-------------------------------------------------------> no snow til Nov lower down under 2500 feet level -- in an average year
----------------------------------------------------------> October you should be able to drive on dirt roads without ice n snow on road making you lose control
Jel -- 41 daze -- Muley Buck -- mu 3-28 - Skull -------> Any Buck YockTober

RyoTHC
07-21-2018, 08:52 PM
When is bull moose GOS?

Jelvis
07-22-2018, 07:10 AM
Forty days left to get ready Teddy!
----------------------------------------> Lil walking outside fast like and cardio with some movement of the joints, slow and easy nothing crazy!
1. Hunting MU 3-28 is totally awesome and is fun
2. Goudreaux can give me all the mule deer hunting I can do in a day
3. Rexford and Camp Nine lakes I will use to walk around and hunt on day trips to keep orientated so I don't go spinning off some where
4. Skull Mtn is a monument to mule deer and a wintering range for them when snow pushes them down
Jel ----- - " Don't stop believing - we know where it's at, to find a beauty Hat Rack" ----------- 40 daze to Sept 1 folks <-----ll-=

browningboy
07-22-2018, 07:19 AM
Beauty area, very close to mine but not it! Can’t believe it’s only 40 days or so until a September! Crazy how time flies!

Jelvis
07-22-2018, 07:29 AM
=-ll-----> " I hear yah, shallow the Langley muley boy whoa! Forty daze and nights. No need to get up tight eh, do some staionary bike.
----------------- McClure is good, Darfield, Hagen is all good for mules.
Fall is coming and the days are getting shorter now
Jel -- as we go into the season and some here go in and have a story with pix, don't show back ground - just show you and deer. Spots will be recognized by lots.
------ do closer up photo to protect your exact spot -- Have the buck and you in the photo and some ground around your feet and what not but not the sky line.

Jelvis
07-23-2018, 06:55 AM
39 days til Sept 1 and open day for muley buck hunters in MU 3-28 at Skull -- 39 only now --->
Jel -- time fly's and it's going fast now -- keep limber and eat good -- check map of Skull and the lakes we mentioned so far. Check map, for elevation levels and (ponds and marshes close to these Lakes) mentioned. We want to link the lakes with these ponds and marshes connected to or close together as a spot to hunt.

Shikari300WSM
07-23-2018, 10:26 PM
I want to tell you if you go early - like right opening day, you will be able to make your mark in the Skull Mt atmosphere. You will see, you will walk, you will fall in love.
Then, once you've made your mark, you have a life time top shelf mule deer hunting spot for ever. No need to go to some place like Colorado or Nevada.
-- Just go, and once you walk around and use your compass, walk the atv trails too if you wish, keep eyes open and scanning.
We will work this thread together as we go along, we have 55 days left til Sept 1, 2018 and we hit no atv's for hunting also.
--This is how we show appreciation for the sport of mule deer hunting and the Ministry's super decision. By going and making this our main spot.
Jel -- Stick along - you already know from the information given so far where to go anyways, the starting point of this magnificent area. I will define more as we go.
- I appreciate Arctic Lake's comments and hope he goes and see's and hunts, and Popo, is going to fall in love with Skull - MU 3-28 -> ( Camp Nine and Rexford Lake).

I'm gunna have to scout the area - but is terrain similar to that classic Colorado mulie hunt? Sage/buck brush, rolling hills etc or?

Shikari300WSM
07-23-2018, 10:27 PM
Would love to hunt an area like that anyway. Sit in one spot looking into every little opening for bucks

Jelvis
07-24-2018, 07:59 AM
- 38 days and looking forward with a few already, and Shikari300WSM sit in one spot you pick, and look, and qawk with some Precision Optics --
- - look into every lil opening for a monster buck
" Any mule deer hunter in thee world, woody love it here, or your not quite there yet, if yah know what I'm trying to say? " Ahhhhh
--- Scout thee area with your legs a bit at first, eyes wide open, head turning almost right around as your whole being starts to come alive.
------------Skull makes Colorado look like second place for the walker, the stalker, the hiker inner and looker. The western hills and gullies the sky lines whoa!
----all here and as you see and learn and experience you realize there is no reason or excuse, to stop you from being on the loose!
--- you can take short shots, medium shots, long shots, longer shots and thee longest shot if, your a Marksmen or a Master of Dee Sas ter ok!
Jel -- it's all in your head, your spirit, your soul, to think, plan ahead a walk with my gun, and haven soo moocho muley buck fun and seeing paradise b4 my 20/20 eyes
--------------------38 days til paradise skies folks!

Darksith
07-24-2018, 10:11 AM
The books Jelvis is plagiarizing aren't up to date in regards to things like wolf populations and deer populations. Skull mountain isn't what it used to be...I don't hunt it anymore. The wolf pack decimated the deer population to the point the CO's (vandamne) was actively trapping them in an attempt to reduce their numbers to save the deer. The ATV restrictions are irrelevant since most of the roads already had motorized vehicle restrictions! Listen to Jelvis at your own risk, he is just looking for attention but doesn't really have any real up to date info. There are deer everywhere in region 3. The trick is to find places that others aren't, and listening to Jelvis isn't going to get you your own little secret spot.

As for things like "montana like hunting" that you see on TV. It does exist in Region 3, but its more of a late season thing than an early season thing. Do your research on deer habits, migration and feed types and you will understand where to find deer at certain times. I know lots of spots that are good early season but ghost towns in the late season, other spots hold deer all year round. Big rack mule deer exist, but they take work and time or luck. I haven't cut a deer tag in several years looking for something worthy of my wall...and I put in 25 days last year! Beware Jelvis and his info from the 1980's...lots of these places aren't what they used to be.

Jelvis
07-24-2018, 10:49 AM
The reason I'm helping new hunters and hunterretes and first time hunters to Skull isn't for attention like cum-qwat is suggesting.!
-- I don't need or want attention thanx Hahaha I want to see some hunter get a spot and a buck and just be happy like Jack is ok!
-- the book it's talking about is the best book ever written on Hunting in BC and is still the best -- after decades -- made pure by the entire province in areas.
-- B.C. OUTDOORS still the best. Accurate, honest, grateful, knows how BC environment works alongside the hunters and fishers. Works with the Pro's in BC 2.
-- I've met C.O.s like VanDamme and Doug Jury the best in their field
-- Montana like hunting is in your head, no different at Skull maybe a lil better for the long time user.
-- good place to bring a hunting partner and camp and hunt ( Learn spots together ) experience the joy and remember the memory -- and can't wait to go back
-- economical the cheapest hunt for Trophy Mules you will ever see, and top shelf hunting in every direction.
-- you make your own spots within the entire Skull Goodro topography, world class.
-- Late season hunting (extends into snow fall and tracking fresh monster tracks) -- Pre, Pro and Post, Mule Deer Rut spot, like no other to cover!
Jel -- Skull won't dissappoint you like a person can, Skull Mountain is a Monument to the Big Muley Buck -- Big, hard and ruff and tuff itself. MU 3-28 is still great folks

Jelvis
07-24-2018, 05:12 PM
The main point I want to make here on this Skull, Rexford Camp niner thread is I want someone to go here and camp and get to know this place. I want those hunters to hunt together.
- I want to see after you get a buck, any size buck at all you consider your mule buck hat rack, a post and a small story, don't show back ground too much either.
One hunter so far asked for a special prayer here in 3-28 at Rexy. Gutpile so far get's a special lil prayer for a nice buck at Skull.
- I want to see family teams hunting Skull learning together certain spots they pick
Jel -- some hunters are going to see a buck and get a real good chance to perform your action -- I just want to see a post after, with a smile ok!

Jelvis
07-25-2018, 06:06 PM
37 days til hunting starts, but I want to tell anyone who likes glassing or using Precision Optics, looking for bucks, you can start anytime you want from now.
Prescout and drive up the Yellowhead Hwy Number 5, and park and look across to the west side of the river and all the country you see is MU 3-28 by Skull and Goo dro
Look across at Fishtrap Creek and Skull if you want to check it out.
37 days and it's not that far to get to Kamloops
Jel -- we are counting down to Muley madness -- 37 daze in a haze -- you can come up and pre-scout anytime from now on for a lil holiday --

Jelvis
07-29-2018, 07:36 AM
=-//--> " 33 days til the talkin becomes walkin folks, 33 days til Sept 1 is on a Saturday this year.
Just a reminder no need to grinder, just keep your body limber, so you can navigate the semi-open timber and keep flexible in the muscle so you can drag that buck with less tussle.
-- Your going in and hiking about no need to work out, in a gym, or lifting heavy weights to hunt the ridges to fill the fridges.
Jel -- 33 daze til the talk becomes the walk folks -- Skully, Rexy and Camp Niner cood not be finer! Hahahhaa -- counting down folks! Trophy Bah Hucks!

Jelvis
08-01-2018, 07:40 AM
=-ll----> 30 days folks, and counting to muley buck mania at Skull hunters -- mule deer hunting is thee ultimate challenge and Skull provides the climax --
-- some big antlered bucks at Skull and now we can use our legs a bit instead of atv's to see them -- getting excercise while having a riot.
Jel -- Rocko says, " Yo everyone. " Roxy wants to say something too, " Hello hunters, love you all, good luck with your plans for Skull in 2018 for a trophy buck."
-----30 --- daze folks -- counting down, keep your body limber, your spine flexible -- and do some walking each day -- staying in good walking condition --

Jelvis
08-02-2018, 06:37 AM
29 days folks, yah hah, 29 days til we shoot something whoa! Getting excited people! 29 days til the scope covers come off -- hey
-- Fishtrap -- Skull -- Rexy - Goo Dro -- Camp 9 -- 4 points to non typicals the whole gauntlet -- you got the desire and the internal fire to hit Wolsey, weill see?
---- I want a photo of your smiling face this coming GOS mules in MU 3-28 on HBC, on here with your trophy buck ----- that woody get me so happy --
Jel --- 4 weeks and the rifle goes for a walk -- looking, searching, watching, walk a few yards and stop and look around, then walk a few more and stop and look.

Jelvis
08-10-2018, 05:21 PM
21 days folks 3 weeks and on we go -- to Gooey Droh -- and mule deer ridges -- MU 3-28 -- can you relate?
--------- 3 weeks til the ravens call
Jelly -- Bucks -- Any Buck October or a 4 point typical -- or a non - typical 4 point? It's all up to you, what do you do? -- do a lil planning, don't over think it!
------------Rocko and Roxy have got yer backs, they say, " Hey! how's it going? " Once you come out and try, you'll relate to the Skull Mt spirit and do good! "
--------------------------------- Using your legs walking the horse trails and off road trails, that atv are not allowed now, so this thread to help the walkers, the hikers. --

Jelvis
08-18-2018, 04:41 PM
13 daze folks down to 13 now, less then two weeks, whoa! Time fly's eh Hahahaha I'm Canadian Eh! Hahahaha MU 3-28 Region 3. Trophy size mule bucks in here --

Jelly -- just a reminder -- keep walking a bit, keep your body and spine limber, do some stationary bike at home -- look at map of area -- measure distances --
-------------------- note directions, distances, long and wide, note where Camp Nine is and any ponds or swamps -- check the topography lines for elevation in feet.
---this area is wintering range so 3000 feet and under generally -- so check for exact feet in hundreds --

twoSevenO
08-18-2018, 06:04 PM
Are you employed by the ministry of tourism for Kamloops?

And there ain't no trophy bucks left. Havent you heard? Wolves ate all the 190+ bucks.

Jelvis
08-18-2018, 06:18 PM
How did you know that you whoa 270 an internet detective nails Jelious with employment enjoyment, Hahahaha not a chance, speedo - I was in BTO
--Taken care of business, everyday, we love to work at nuttin all day, working overtime -- at the beach --
Jeldo -- Kamloops where the rivers meet and the people are so saw wheat - except five that have a problem with the Rock -- @ the Brock!
------------- buy a second hand gee tar who knows you might go far, if yah fall in with the right bunch of fello's -- makin sounds with the Jello - really mello ---

Jelvis
08-24-2018, 12:18 PM
OK hunters we are counting down and from 57 days we counted down to one week 7 days and no more excuses to stop us from doing our thing Sept 1 is close.
50 daze gone by now -- real fast last -- seven days -- the muley craze --
Jello -- Sept 1 --- opens the door --

RyoTHC
08-24-2018, 01:13 PM
Words can't even describe how excited I am.

Jelvis
08-29-2018, 06:37 PM
Wed nite the peak of the final count down, two more daze and one night pilgrim! The gun will see the sun.
Jello -- limber up -- get ready to start getting serious Hahahahaha -
----------------- I'm going out soon with a buddy Lord willin and the creek don't rise, will report back as to what we saw ------ Good Luck Muley Buck hunter's ----

Scubasteve
09-12-2018, 08:18 PM
Hey Jelvis,

i have question you may may not want to answer and that I totally understand and respect. My question is I just got a permit to take my side by side in skull mountain because of my disability and I was wonder if you could give me any tips of where I should go ? Or at least a starting point? I have never hunted up there or many places since I became disabled but I was told that I have at least a fighting chance to see a buck up there.i have been following your feeds and you seem to be very knowledgeable of the area.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Scubasteve
09-12-2018, 08:51 PM
Jelvis,

i have a question you may not want to answer and I understand completely.

i just got a permit to drive my side by side around skull mountain due to my disability. I was wondering if you could give me some pointers of where I should try and go or at least a starting point.

any tips would be greatly appreciated,

thanks again

Jelvis
09-13-2018, 06:38 AM
Scuba steve just drive up into Skull, towards Skull, and you will see with your own eyes lots of directions to discover and see mule deer country.
-- If you can use side by side, then start hunting it and keep hunting it as a spot of yours and you will see deer.
Jel -- be ready you could see a big four point muley. Scuba bring your permit with you, and you can drive all over Rover! No problems , no guilt, just elation with high sensation, And oh Yah =-ll---> " Never dull when your near Skull! -- Mule Deer Monument -- 4 Point Muleys in the toolys -- Non Typs on the Lip! --

Scubasteve
09-23-2018, 08:13 PM
Hey could I get any tips for hunting this year up skull mountain I am disabled and just want to be pointed in the right direction???