PDA

View Full Version : Swaro 65mm ATS vs Leica 65mm APO

boonerbucks
07-04-2018, 08:19 PM
Trying to decide between these 2 scopes is a good problem to have! I really like the focus options on leica but have never actually handled one so its tough to compare. I have had my hands on a few swaros and know the quality is there. Looking for real life experience with one or the other or hopefully someone that has had a chance to handle both.

decker9
07-05-2018, 06:27 AM
After having the swarvo for a year, I still can’t get use to its focus ring. Iv never looked threw a Leica, but in all honesty, the swarvo isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. If I was to spend big $$ again, I’d really try to get a side by side comparison with the Leica or even zeiss.

boonerbucks
07-05-2018, 11:13 AM
Thanks, that focus ring on the swaro does look pretty different, but I like that it goes 20-60 vs 25-50 like the Leica.

albravo2
07-05-2018, 11:21 AM
Talk to Omer. He might be able to set up a comparison for you.

srupp
07-05-2018, 09:48 PM
Hmm sat for 2 hours with the big 3..went with swaro 65 HD..havnt looked looked back..lol
Second the recomendation with Omer..top notch..set up the scopes on the hill..look off into Quesnel and judge the racks ..coming out of the Billy Barker..lol
Srupp

Weatherby Fan
07-05-2018, 09:59 PM
Optics at this level is purely a personal preference as you can’t go wrong with either, that being said I own the angled Leica 25-50x65 as you can get a 1.8 doubler to bring it up to 90x, not to mention Leica has the best optics in the world ;-)

On my fly in last year using the 1.8 Doubler really helped with the long range sightings as the area we were hunting was enormous.

300rum700
07-05-2018, 11:46 PM
Here's what the Leica has to offer over the Swaro:

- Micro and macro focus dials
- true to color definition and sharp detail (clearer glass)
- the ability to add a 1.8 extender

I've been using my Swaro for a lot of years and have never noticed the focus wheel being an issue.

Boner
07-06-2018, 06:51 AM
I like the focus ring on the Swaro. That was the selling feature for me. I was prepared to buy a Zeiss, but found the Swaro more comfortable to dial in.

pg83
07-06-2018, 05:06 PM
As mentioned previously, you need to look through them side by side. It's all personal preference. I went for the Leica and have zero complaints. My buddy even broke the eye relief on it while clumsily removing my phoneskope, I sent one email to Leica explaining what happened and they shipped a new one to my door within the week free of charge. I was merely hoping to get a new one and would happily have paid for it as it was completely user error. I'm sure Swaro customer service would compare.

backcountry99
07-26-2018, 01:31 PM
Ive looked through both side by side. I prefer the swaro glass, seems brighter next to the leica. But I prefer the focus on the leica.

Timberjack
07-27-2018, 10:47 PM
Thanks, that focus ring on the swaro does look pretty different, but I like that it goes 20-60 vs 25-50 like the Leica.

I would say careful with that line of thinking. The 20-60 looks like u r looking thru a tunnel vs the 25-50 wa which is way brighter. Both swaros... much brighter to the max magnification and well worth the extra $$. Between 50 and 60 power on the std eyepiece is near useless in most conditions. I’ve looked at both side by side and there’s really no comparison.

TJ

Timberjack
07-27-2018, 10:48 PM
I’m a swaro fan, but I was very close to buying the Leica. It’s that good. Can’t go wrong either way and cones down to your own personal preference.

TJ