PDA

View Full Version : Packing a gun on quad

horshur
06-28-2018, 06:31 PM
3:28... I will be honest. Annoyed by regulation. Do not understand the purpose but it will be related to the Elephant hill fire...but the question is will packing a firearm for the purpose of shooting recreationaly be subject to a fine? Can I still pack a gun as long as my intent is not hunting?...

kevan
06-28-2018, 07:26 PM
I think that depends on when you do, if there is an active hunting season happening.

Jelvis
06-28-2018, 07:54 PM
Prolly wood depend on the C.O. at the time, maybe a Warning, next time BINGO! If someone can put Hunting Regs on here -- we will look --
-- Imagine every one driving around with a rifle during GOS and saying, " Just out here sighting my rifle in."
Jel -- I know you woodn't butt udderz might, yah never know -- so - no gun no problem

HappyJack
06-28-2018, 08:48 PM
No problem if you aren't hunting. Same thing with riding your atv early in the morning when hunters cannot...no issue if your just out riding around.

Ron.C
06-28-2018, 08:52 PM
I approached a guy up the Albert River VCA two years ago. He had a scoped rifle and pack on his ATV and was glassing an big cutblock about 5km in. He told me he wasn't hunting, just looking for an out of the way spot to do some target shooting. Ya right, 9am end Sept, elk bugling all over. In any case, I reported it as soon as I was in cell range.

HarryToolips
06-28-2018, 08:54 PM
Innocent til proven guilty.....if the FN's can hunt there, we'll just have to fight back in any way we can....enough of this 2 sets of rules bs.....there's rules like hunting seasons, then there's stupid rules like certain ethnic background blockades...we know what's right..

Gateholio
06-28-2018, 09:02 PM
What does the regulation actually say?

Buckmeister
06-28-2018, 09:41 PM

Is this the subject in question? The online synopsis corrections and updates effective Sept 29, 2017 state, "New ATV for Hunting Restrictions in M.U. 3-28, 3-29 and 3-30 and that portion of M.U. 3-17 north of Highway 99 from Sept 1 to Dec 10."

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sports-recreation-arts-and-culture/outdoor-recreation/fishing-and-hunting/hunting/regulations/2016-2018/2017_atv_hp_elephanthills.pdf

dino
06-28-2018, 10:40 PM
3:28... I will be honest. Annoyed by regulation. Do not understand the purpose but it will be related to the Elephant hill fire...but the question is will packing a firearm for the purpose of shooting recreationaly be subject to a fine? Can I still pack a gun as long as my intent is not hunting?...
Ashcroft reserve fire.

Keta1969
06-28-2018, 11:06 PM

Think it would depend on if the CO believed your story on intent. Not saying I doubt your intent but the perception might lead a CO to question it.

Grizzloonly
06-29-2018, 09:45 AM

Page 43 of the 2018 - 2020 regs:

"ATV for Hunting Closed Areas: The operation of all ATVs to hunt wildlife, transport wildlife, transport
equipment and supplies which are intended for or in support of hunting, or transport hunters to
and from the location of wildlife is prohibited in Management Units 3-28, 3-29 and 3-30 from
September 1 to December 10."

Jelvis
06-29-2018, 09:55 AM
Grizzloonly gets the A+ and thee wall Award for an excellent post of thee pro kind members, put those meat hooks to gether right now for Grizz posts!
--- this is the kind of posts we want on HBC
Plain and simple, right out of the Book itself folks.
Jel -- read Grizz's post right now -- to transport hunters even is not allowed in 3-28 on off road atv -- wow -

elknut
06-30-2018, 12:05 PM
Why have you not asked a CO in this region your question?....They can and will advise you properly..Interpretation of the laws or regulations is there job..Phone and ask or make an appointment...Dennis

Jelvis
06-30-2018, 04:55 PM
When driving around you'll have to watch borders of MU's.
-- If you go up Noble your in MU 3-28
Jel -- When going up to Noble Lake from Westsyde rd. you go up in MU 3-28 already..

boxhitch
06-30-2018, 05:40 PM
3:28... I will be honest. Annoyed by regulation. Do not understand the purpose but it will be related to the Elephant hill fire...but the question is will packing a firearm for the purpose of shooting recreationaly be subject to a fine? Can I still pack a gun as long as my intent is not hunting?...No differenet than carrying in any other non-hunting situation
Just don't be intimidated while being grilled

sumonda
07-01-2018, 11:10 AM
Dont wear camo, have paper targets with you etc - you aint hunting.

Jelvis
07-01-2018, 12:56 PM
Unlawful to even transport, A hunter, to a spot, just to drop him or her off to hunt in 3-28 now.
--
Jel -- support your Ministry's efforts to manage this Mu 3-28's moose and mule deer, by co-operating with the regs -- Respect all C.O.s

REMINGTON JIM
07-01-2018, 02:34 PM

Yes i Understand it that you can still pack a gun just dont can't engage in any hunting practice ! RJ

Jelvis
07-01-2018, 03:57 PM
What if your not engaged in any hunting practices and see a record buck by accident?
Jel -?

REMINGTON JIM
07-01-2018, 04:39 PM
What if your not engaged in any hunting practices and see a record buck by accident?
Jel -?

What if's are always there Jelly ! LOL :D RJ

HappyJack
07-01-2018, 06:14 PM
Jel -?

Then you can immediately jump off your machine and start hunting!! Right?

Jelvis
07-01-2018, 07:18 PM
-- I'm driving slowly along the red dirt back road in 3-28 on my fancy quad I paid guz zillions for, trying it out, so I got my Ott 6 along to sight it in.
I'm driving up to a spot I hunt for mules when I'm hunting, but today it's strictly target cuz they changed the regs in 3-28.
-- I'm just target and trying my fancy ATV out, and I come around the corner and there, right on the side of the road, a Monster 4 point mule buck looking right at my new quad, so I figure hey I wasn't hunting and this bucks askin for it so?
Jelvis -- tell me what kind of reply could I make? I wasn't engaged? With out getting enraged? Haha

horshur
07-01-2018, 08:13 PM
I don't see record book deer by accident...

Jelvis
07-02-2018, 04:28 PM
MU 3-28 includes Skull Mtn also and that will help the Skull Mt Herd to at least get back a bit. I hope the C.O.s show up on Skull and Goudreau Mt.
The appearance of C.O.s at Skull Mtn. will be appreciated by the hunters of this area over the decades.
Jel -- MU 3-28 is just off the North Thompson 5 at Barriere -- to the west of the North Thompson River -- Westsyde Road -- north end -- and back to Kamloops.
-- North west of Kamloops is the atv closed area --

303savage
07-02-2018, 04:46 PM
Dont wear camo, have paper targets with you etc - you aint hunting.

Good idea, but what if you shoot something?

mrdoog
07-02-2018, 05:04 PM
-- I'm driving slowly along the red dirt back road in 3-28 on my fancy quad I paid guz zillions for, trying it out, so I got my Ott 6 along to sight it in.
I'm driving up to a spot I hunt for mules when I'm hunting, but today it's strictly target cuz they changed the regs in 3-28.
-- I'm just target and trying my fancy ATV out, and I come around the corner and there, right on the side of the road, a Monster 4 point mule buck looking right at my new quad, so I figure hey I wasn't hunting and this bucks askin for it so?
Jelvis -- tell me what kind of reply could I make? I wasn't engaged? With out getting enraged? Haha

Read and understand the regulations, know the rules; the outcome of your actions will show your willingness to be ethical

coyotebc
07-02-2018, 05:55 PM
There is a difference between being law abiding and being ethical