PDA

View Full Version : Shooting area in okanagan (enderby to oliver)

local.604
06-28-2018, 12:49 PM
I am going to be making a weekend trip up from enderby to oliver this weekend and would like to take out a few boxes of clays to shoot at. Not familiar with these areas aside from the town itself and highway between. Could anyone recommend a good back road on this route that a sedan could make it up?

Thanks!

DarekG
06-28-2018, 12:53 PM
There is a very popular "Crown Land Range" (AKA dump site, but may as well keep it all in one spot I guess...) up Postill Lake Rd just behind the Kelowna airport, very easy to get to with about 150 yards to the backdrop/hillside behind it.

It can be pretty busy on the weekends though, especially because it is so easy to get to.

That being said you can go up pretty much any FSR and drive for a while and you'll find a clearcut easily.

local.604
06-28-2018, 01:25 PM
Thanks! I will try that area out.

monasheemountainman
06-28-2018, 03:13 PM
clean up your hulls please!

358mag
06-28-2018, 03:23 PM
clean up your hulls please!
Yes Please clean up your hulls and any other garage .
The Okanagan back country starting to look like a very large dump-garage area and most of it is from so called sportsman-shooters !!!!!!!!!

local.604
06-28-2018, 05:19 PM
Will do! I have already seen the articles online from googling that area. We saw the issue happen in fraser valley for years and now theyve made it much harder for us out there.

358mag
06-28-2018, 07:13 PM
Will do! I have already seen the articles online from googling that area. We saw the issue happen in fraser valley for years and now theyve made it much harder for us out there.

So why not join a local shooting range and do your shooting there ?

boxhitch
06-29-2018, 07:54 AM
Yes Please clean up your hulls and any other garage .
The Okanagan back country starting to look like a very large dump-garage area and most of it is from so called sportsman-shooters !!!!!!!!!all part of the growing Urban Footprint, never considered when talking about growth and development. More brass and hulls, more tire tracks, more dumping over an ever increasing area
He!!, even 604 guys are using it ! )

boxhitch
06-29-2018, 07:59 AM
I am going to be making a weekend trip up from enderby to oliver this weekend and would like to take out a few boxes of clays to shoot at. Not familiar with these areas aside from the town itself and highway between. Could anyone recommend a good back road on this route that a sedan could make it up?

Thanks!Aberdeen plateau , roads from hwy 6 through to hwy 33 are suitable for some cars, easier if it is borrowed )

mcmullmar
06-29-2018, 08:08 AM
Please clean up your mess

Takla
06-29-2018, 09:35 AM
recently purchased property in the n.OK area ,quading 10 minites from our home provides unlimited shooting area's

358mag
06-29-2018, 08:32 PM
all part of the growing Urban Footprint, never considered when talking about growth and development. More brass and hulls, more tire tracks, more dumping over an ever increasing area
He!!, even 604 guys are using it ! )
No kidding , guess I must be getting to dam old to deal with it ............................................FAK the 604 guys ..opps gender neutral people ....