PDA

View Full Version : Introduction/thanks + beginner's luck with 6-30A moose draw

granola_eater
06-24-2018, 11:05 PM
Hey fellas,

Been lurking on the forums for a while and wanted to out myself and say thanks. Lots of people on here who are willing to share hard-earned knowledge about this province and how to find the critters that call it home. I've learned a lot from reading lots of people's posts, and have found Gateholio and Proguide66 especially helpful. I also think I've learned a lot from Jelvis, but I'm not exactly sure what I learned.

Grew up south of the border but have been in the LML for the last six years. I spend as much time as I can flyfishing the LML/Island/Skeena, and spearfishing the Island.

By some stroke of luck I didn't deserve, I got a moose draw for Skeena 6-30A this fall. I hope that any anger you folks feel towards me and my beginner's luck will be tempered a bit by the fact that I have actually spent a fair bit of time in the Kispiox in September/October during the steelhead run for the last few years. I figured it was a good spot to put in for as it had low odds, I have bumped into a few moose in there, and I try to take work off anyway around that time to fish that region of the Skeena. That being said, I haven't hunted moose and I haven't hunted that area, so I'm eager to hear any advice anyone has. Planning on going up valley as much as possible to avoid traffic and spending lots of time working waterways and cutblocks that butt up against them. My current job ends Sept 19th so I was planning on driving up the next day and spending as much time as I needed to to tag a moose.

Thanks for all the info you guys share on here. I'm grateful that I've been able to learn so much by digging through the forum.

Piperdown
06-25-2018, 06:01 AM
Welcome to the site, and congrats on your draw. Some great people on here, just ignore the theatrics oh and you need to tell a joke as this is your first post :)