PDA

View Full Version : Decent camping spots near Golden BC and Yoho National Park

HarryToolips
06-21-2018, 09:23 PM
Going to be taking the family to Yoho National Park area mid August, any recommendations for good spots to camp with a tent trailer?? My buddy and his family will also be coming in their 24' travel trailer...don't mind spending $$ on a small daily fee if the place is decent, either...recommendations please and thank you!!

Rhyno
06-21-2018, 09:36 PM
Cedar Lake is good and pretty cheap at $10 a night, but fills up fast. There is some decent free camping up the Blaeberry above the bridge.

HarryToolips
06-21-2018, 09:59 PM
Excellent, thanks!

06-22-2018, 07:33 AM
Waitabit Creek.

https://goo.gl/maps/6k4FTTKefrS2

Travalanche
06-22-2018, 07:41 AM
You looking for east of Golden towards Yoho I'm assuming? If so, the whole beaverfoot area. Loads of rec sites and "unofficial" camping with easy access to the highway.

HarryToolips
06-22-2018, 08:45 PM
Excellent, thanks folks..

Greenthumbed
06-23-2018, 07:20 AM
Those are all good suggestions above. I'll add that the http://goldenmunicipalcampground.com/index.html if you are interested in exploring the town of Golden. The campground is right in town and along the Kicking Horse River and is quite nice!

HarryToolips
06-23-2018, 08:09 AM
Excellent,thanks....

SR80
06-23-2018, 08:44 AM
found a spot last summer when scouting for goats, we went down the beaverfoot road a few kms and you cross the bridge, and then there is a road that goes off to the right at the big cabins. If you follow that road for a bit youll see some roads the come off to the right and they take you down to the river, tons of nice spots right on the river to camp. Not sure about big trailers but a tent trailer would fit fine. Was a beauty spot, and free

floden
06-26-2018, 05:39 AM
If you're up in that area , camping alongside the ki basket make sure you try fishing Susan or Jeb lake. If you go to Jeb bring a camera. There is the absolute most beautiful spot in bc at the top of the road where you look out across the mountains. You'll know youre there when you see the Nice memorial on the right side of the road. Great fishing in those lakes

HarryToolips
06-26-2018, 09:00 PM
Excellent thank you...

blu-nsr
06-27-2018, 08:57 AM
Try Golden Eco Adventure Ranch. About ten minutes south of golden, has power and water hookups, sani dump on-site, playground, swimming pond. If you book ahead you might be able to get a trail ride set up too (the manager has horses there). Drop me a line when you’re in town and I’ll bring over some Italian bear sausage. :)