PDA

View Full Version : Scarpa Rebel Pro GTX

cpwrestler
06-20-2018, 05:53 PM
Hi all,

I'm in need of some new boots and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the Scarpa Rebel Ultra GTX boots (the Scarpa ones, not KUIUs). I'm a dedicated sheep hunter and looking for a good solid boot to hold up to multi-day backcountry backpacking trips. That said, I don't think I'll be using crampons. They look like they're nice and lite and I prefer synthetic materials over leather for their quicker drying properties... Once leather boots get wet, they stay wet on long trips, especially later in the season. Plus I hate putting frozen boots on in the morning.

Has anyone worn them?

Thanks

swampthing
06-20-2018, 07:10 PM
I just tried them on and they didn't fit my feet. Felt like I put my foot in a brick. They sure are a good lookin solid boot though.

scttcanuck
06-20-2018, 07:30 PM
I have a pair. I used them on a goat hunt last year and they were a lifesaver....in more ways than one!
They have a hardcore stiff sole for a lot of rock but they are super light for a mountaineering boot.

Goat and sheep in very rocky terrain, they are great.

cpwrestler
06-21-2018, 12:31 PM
I have a pair. I used them on a goat hunt last year and they were a lifesaver....in more ways than one!
They have a hardcore stiff sole for a lot of rock but they are super light for a mountaineering boot.

Goat and sheep in very rocky terrain, they are great.

Thanks for the feedback! Do you feel they have enough flex for longer approaches/days?

scttcanuck
06-21-2018, 01:52 PM
I did a 10 day hunt in them. The synthetic boot doesn't get as wet, seems more waterproof than my leather boots. I think they did well on the flat land as well as the rocks. My go-to boot in sheep & goat country for sure.

cpwrestler
06-26-2018, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the info! I'll be looking for a pair.