View Full Version : Looking for waterfowling buddies in lower mainland

OceanMon
06-17-2018, 02:15 AM
Hi there.

I went out once late last season. Currently I'm doing a bunch of research and preparation for this upcoming season.

I have a couple of buddies who occasionally bird hunt. I'm looking for more.

I have a truck and a gun. Looking to get some decoys and maybe a blind this summer. Though I think I might try to go without a blind next season and see how I do first. Always open to advice.

I have a wife and a kid. I've thought about dragging them out to hunt with me but I don't think that's fair to any of us. Haha

PM me if interested.

boblly1
06-17-2018, 05:36 AM
if you are hunting in an estuary you can access by water. A car top boat can be used as a blind as long as it isn`t painted bright colors. Just pull it up on dry land put it on its side it will look like a log from up in the sky. I have done this just prop it up so you can sit behind it or tarp it and use grass or branches what ever to camo it up this works

deltawaterfowler
06-18-2018, 10:12 AM
Look into a Ghillie Suit. Less to pack in and pack out. Be the blind!

walks with deer
06-18-2018, 10:44 AM
chicken wire and grass for blind...

just clean up after yourself.

jlirot
06-18-2018, 10:54 AM
I'm in the LML (Vancouver) as well. With the family - I haven't done any scouting. I have a truck, gun, and dog for what it's worth. :-)

I know my way around boats and am happy to throw a few bucks towards some dekes if you want.

OceanMon
06-20-2018, 08:00 AM
Look into a Ghillie Suit. Less to pack in and pack out. Be the blind!

Thanks for the tip! Do you have any advice between the poncho vs the pants/jacket?

Modeltwelve
07-01-2018, 10:13 PM
Poncho first choice.

hardnocks
07-02-2018, 07:05 AM
i am in the shuswap and need partners as well . oceanmon i have deeks blinds and would love to come down for a weekend ....i to need waterfowling partners . lots of guys want me to take them hunting if i bring the gear and find the field ....