PDA

View Full Version : Fort Steele / Cranbrook / Kimberly

russm86
06-13-2018, 12:51 PM
Will be up in the Cranbrook / Kimberly / Fort Steele area for 3 or 4 days on the July long weekend. We will be doing the whole Fort Steele thing one day, otherwise just touring around etc. Anything else we should make sure to do/see while in the area? Any gun/hunting shops around? Any recommendations for meals?

twanger
06-13-2018, 01:07 PM
Russ go see the Bull River Hatchery, some huge Gerard Trout in there.. Mountain Man Outdoors is the gun shop that i have been too in Cranbrook.

eastkoothunter
06-13-2018, 01:44 PM
Agreed with what twanger said. The Cottage (cranbrook), Fire Hall Kitchen and Tap (cranbrook), Pedal and Tap (kimberley) for a meal. If you have time there's lots of good hiking trails as well.

bforce750
06-13-2018, 01:51 PM
Go to Fairmont, Radium or White Swan Hots springs... but will be very busy that time of year... Some great places to eat in Kimberley , depends what you like .Cranbrook has Franks Schnitzel House... one of my faves..or the Heid Out.

Everett
06-13-2018, 03:01 PM
Pedal and tap or the sully in kimberley for food. The Shed if you are a micro brew guy. Mountain man is a very over priced gun shop.

Everett
06-13-2018, 03:03 PM
Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions about the area

Steeleco
06-13-2018, 03:06 PM
Go say hi to our son Shane (buckwheat!) he's working the hatchery 2nd summer now. He will have places you can check out I'm sure.

jtred
06-13-2018, 03:15 PM
The Heid Out in Cranbrook is a good brew pub, some great hiking in Kimberley, Mawson's Sports in Creston has better prices than Mountain Man in Cranbrook.

Husky7mm
06-13-2018, 06:00 PM
Recommend the old Barn house in Kimberly, a real dinning experience. Sit down and try a few different things and a bottle of wine and eat food made from scratch for a few hrs. Nice hike to beautiful country close to fort steele. Check out mause creek, you can drive way up and then just a short hike and your in the alpine. Lake kookanusa is a must see imo. Blue water and light sand beaches. Whiteswan lake and hot springs are always nice to see. These places are popular, along with every place in the ek that is nice. It will be a bit busy but they are very nice places.

wrenchhead
06-13-2018, 09:11 PM
Is Sammy steels still open? Always worth a look! Spent a number of nights down there while at trade school.