PDA

View Full Version : Headwaters?

Phoneguy
08-28-2007, 04:01 PM
Anyone have a way of contacting Headwaters Resort near Peachland. The number I keep on finding 250 767-2400 is out of service. I understand the resort may have been sold. Looking for some options for my 8-8 hunt in early October...

Checked out Darke Lake again. Trying to decide whether to pull my trailer in there or take a hotel / motel and drive in every day. If we take accomodation we could look at different areas. Have an LEH for whitetail doe in that area.

Any accomodation recomendations in the 8-8 area that would get a small group close to some action?

Thanks
James

newhunterette
08-28-2007, 04:53 PM
there ya go check out this site - hope it works

Ali

http://www.headwatersbc.com/

burnt03
08-28-2007, 06:40 PM
There's a motel down on the highway, the Peachland Lakeshore Inn that seems like it'd have reasonable rates. Not sure if that's too far away, but it's only about 5min from the highway til you hit gravel roads.

If you're taking the trailer, lots of campsites up the hill that are easy to get in to.

Phoneguy
08-29-2007, 04:42 PM
OK, so with Ali's help (the website) I have booked us in for 3-4 nights early October (before Thanksgiving). We are heading there instead of Darke Lake. Any advise on helping us fill our LEH whitetail doe tags would be appreciated, as well as any other pointers for the area.

Thanks
James

Phoneguy
09-04-2007, 12:06 PM
Bringing this back up. Anyone familiar with the Headwaters (Peachland) area willing to point 3 first year hunters towards helping fill their LEH Whitetail doe tags? Have a full size 4x4 Dodge and are booked in for 3 nights. Thought of driving to the power line cuts and then doing some walking. Where to start?

Any pointers for the area appreciated.

Thanks

James

browningboy
09-04-2007, 12:37 PM
Thats funny, the phone guy looking for a phone number!:lol: Sorry in a goofy mood.:biggrin:

huntingfamily
09-05-2007, 09:25 PM
Darke Lake would be my first choice for whitetails in that area, although they are seen around Headwaters as well. You should be able to take a medium size trailer to Darke no problem, just no further.
Good luck.

Stone Sheep Steve
09-06-2007, 06:33 AM
My neighbors are relatives with the resort owners @ Headwaters. Someone landed a 5.9 lb brookie there within the last week or two. Definitely not the norm for that lake.

SSS