PDA

View Full Version : Daughters black bear hunt canceled

Deaddog
05-24-2018, 10:17 PM
Started on Tuesday to get my 15 year old daughter a hunting licence and black bear tag. She had a fwid, previous licence ( taken moose and elk already) as she was 15 , this wonderful system designed by non hunting buearcrats and support by user groups with fish people as spokesmen , required us to go in person to service bc to get tags and licence so I could sign a waiver . Started on Tuesday . Pulled my daughter out of school early went to service bc with all info. Clerk was great and very helpful. SYSTEM SUCKED. After a full hour it allowed the teller to load licence and black bear tags ( was trying to get all tags for year to avoid this debacle) I was ok with that asked teller to wrap it up , they did so and system crashed, now it is 430 pm , we are asked to come back the following day We come back following day. Once again teller was great we work for an hour to no avail , teller is gracious enough to tell us to leave and she will work on it thru the day and see if it goes thru. Still nothing !! Ended up canceling our father/ daughter bear hunt due to this screwed up system!! Works great for govt burarcrats , so glad paid staff for bcwf think this is a great system and fully supported its untested introduction ( to bad those individuals don’t hunt)

in in my opinion this is non hunters within govt ( and other organizations) trying their best to destroy hunting !! I will take my daughter black bear hunting this weekend one way or the other! Tomorrow will call regional director for exemption and try again. We were not trying for leh , just simple hunting licence and tags. Under old system 15 min job. What a incredible waste of resources and peoples time. Thanks again Victoria. It’s almost like you are trying to create “ poachers”.

waserwolf
05-24-2018, 10:52 PM
Just go anyway. Punch your tags then buy more tags for her at a later date. Sometimes ya gotta bend/break the rules.

Deaddog
05-24-2018, 10:56 PM
Sad part is I was getting my tags etc at same time. I agree with u Victoria based anti hunting systems won’t stop me from giving my kids the experience the deserve. A litttle know fact is both the person that heads this project and the director of wildlife are non hunters. Makes u go hmmm

westcoaster
05-24-2018, 11:00 PM
I didn't think you had to go in person to sign that piece of paper,
I just clicked the check box saying that if I was in person I would sign the paper and that my electronic signature was sufficient.

Couple days later the tags showed up in the mail.

I just checked the written undertaking.

The parent or legal guardian stated on this form confirmed that they provided an electronic signature
for this Written Undertaking on April 30, 2018.

edit: at least I think that's the signature they are looking for...

Deaddog
05-24-2018, 11:20 PM
The teller in pg stated we had to be there in person. That aside even if not , they are operating on the same system as we would be from home. It doesn’t work!! One would think after last years diaster they would of taken steps to fix it! Total joke designed entirely by Victoria people At least the leh system was tried out by hunters!!! Prior to release , this one was rammed down our throat without even a please

dmaxtech
05-24-2018, 11:41 PM
I purchased my sons license and ordered his tags and 'signed' the waiver online in about 10min. Tags showed up 4 days later (Fri-Tues). System works great.

338win mag
05-25-2018, 05:34 AM
Too bad about the bs, I hope you and your daughter have a good and successful hunt this weekend, let us know how you make out.

Rhyno
05-25-2018, 05:57 AM
I purchased my sons license and ordered his tags and 'signed' the waiver online in about 10min. Tags showed up 4 days later (Fri-Tues). System works great.

Same experience for my 10year old. I have always bought tags online well in advance and never had an issue.

I totally understand your frustration, it's too bad about your hunt. Can you can go to a hunting store and get your tags so you guys can still get out?

boxhitch
05-25-2018, 05:57 AM
" It’s almost like you are trying to create “ poachers”. "

" Sometimes ya gotta bend/break the rules "

yupp, they're out to getcha

boxhitch
05-25-2018, 06:11 AM
or this

Due to government-wide technical difficulties the LEH draw deadline has been extended until 11:59:59 PM on Tuesday, May 29, 2018. This will allow hunters additional opportunity to submit their LEH applications and reduce impact for those who have had difficulty accessing the system in recent days.

Deaddog
05-25-2018, 06:15 AM
Glad it works for some. My main point is under the old system I would of popped by my local country store on the way home from work on the day before we left , in 20 minutes I would of had tags and been on my way. Today even for those that it did work it’s 4 days later. Pretty clear to me the system isn’t “ better” and that non hunting govt types have an agenda. Some will keep their heads in the sand though and continue to like the taste of the shit were being fed.

Deaddog
05-25-2018, 06:17 AM
or this

Due to government-wide technical difficulties the LEH draw deadline has been extended until 11:59:59 PM on Tuesday, May 29, 2018. This will allow hunters additional opportunity to submit their LEH applications and reduce impact for those who have had difficulty accessing the system in recent days.

Was that not the same issues as last year? And then they had a year to “ fix” it and were still in the same boat, if not fixed this will eventually have negative effects on hunter numbers.

Rhyno
05-25-2018, 06:20 AM
Glad it works for some. My main point is under the old system I would of popped by my local country store on the way home from work on the day before we left , in 20 minutes I would of had tags and been on my way. Today even for those that it did work it’s 4 days later. Pretty clear to me the system isn’t “ better” and that non hunting govt types have an agenda. Some will keep their heads in the sand though and continue to like the taste of the shit were being fed.

Sorry if I am missing something but you can still stop by a outdoors store and buy your tags as before. I just prefer to order in advance.

Brez
05-25-2018, 06:33 AM
Yeah works great if the system is up but it's down as much as up. I had to go to Services B.C. as well and the woman there says they are very frustrated with the unreliability of the system. Good old B.C piece of $hit mickey mouse stuff again.

Brez
05-25-2018, 06:35 AM
Sorry if I am missing something but you can still stop by a outdoors store and buy your tags as before. I just prefer to order in advance.
You can stop by a store or Services but they use the same system.

Deaddog
05-25-2018, 06:37 AM
Yes your right, I should of been clearer. I can still stop at my country store but they have to use the same bogged down system, so it was quicker for me under the old simple system. In fourty years of hunting it never once took “days” to get tags. If this is the system that the gurus want and their is no “ agenda” then one would think that after two years they might have the “ bugs” worked out of it? Of course they might have had a good working system if they had let hunters test drive it and give feedback first rather than ramming it down our throats

Piperdown
05-25-2018, 07:06 AM
That sucks and to top things off the dipshit who designed the new tags had to make then just a little bigger so they would not fit in your wallet, brilliant....

Rhyno
05-25-2018, 07:06 AM
Yes your right, I should of been clearer. I can still stop at my country store but they have to use the same bogged down system, so it was quicker for me under the old simple system. In fourty years of hunting it never once took “days” to get tags. If this is the system that the gurus want and their is no “ agenda” then one would think that after two years they might have the “ bugs” worked out of it? Of course they might have had a good working system if they had let hunters test drive it and give feedback first rather than ramming it down our throats

Got ya, fair enough.

Frango
05-26-2018, 06:54 PM
I think that to blame an issue on supposed anti hunting bureaucrats is a bit silly plus being a little paranoid about an anti hunting point of view..People get frustrated ,don't know who to vent to and blame some mis guide anti hunter who probably does not exist. Makes people feel better believing that there is some deep conspiracy against them. I think the new system is great. My hunting partners think it's great. It could be your computer skill or a server back log. Or maybe some anti hunting Nazi laughing at you trying to make you want to give up the sport of hunting .Now the question becomes is there just one or two anti's or a whole office full. Serious investigation is in order. Or not...

srupp
05-26-2018, 07:03 PM
Hmmm simmilar to pheonex pay system in Ottawa..hundreds of millions wasted. .new system being designed..
Remember BC ambulances new dispatch system..only problem was busier it got slower the system got..dont get much for 100 million canadian pesos.
I cant complain about new tag system. .so far its worked well for me., but sucks it ruined your hunt..
Good luck
Steven

LBM
05-26-2018, 07:12 PM
That sucks and to top things off the dipshit who designed the new tags had to make then just a little bigger so they would not fit in your wallet, brilliant....

Yes I don't get that either.

HappyJack
05-26-2018, 07:34 PM

Same dufus that came up with the 8x11 fishing license.

Deaddog
05-26-2018, 07:45 PM
I guess this was my point. The old system worked excellent for all hunters, perhaps not so good for govt type in the field, changes are made , no consultation or trial runs . New system works great for some a disaster for others. So how can it be viewed as an improvement ?? I did after three days of trying get tags for my daughter, and did go out and stalk a few bears today , that said the current system is worse overall than the old one and was pushed thru to satisfy the egos of some current and past mid level bureaucrats, once again people of all stripes who hunt in bc got screwed

HappyJack
05-26-2018, 07:55 PM
I guess this was my point. The old system worked excellent for all hunters, perhaps not so good for govt type in the field, changes are made , no consultation or trial runs . New system works great for some a disaster for others. So how can it be viewed as an improvement ?? I did after three days of trying get tags for my daughter, and did go out and stalk a few bears today , that said the current system is worse overall than the old one and was pushed thru to satisfy the egos of some current and past mid level bureaucrats, once again people of all stripes who hunt in bc got screwed

I never had any problems with the license and tag system. But I do have problems with the LEH system, and the PAL system. Maybe it depends on whom we vote for?

Deaddog
05-26-2018, 07:59 PM
I never had any problems with the license and tag system. But I do have problems with the LEH system, and the PAL system. Maybe it depends on whom we vote for?

Not for me. This was started under libs and Ndp are following thru , this isn’t political its burecratic in nature , not grinding an axe with either party in this one , more about the minions in the system

caddisguy
05-26-2018, 08:05 PM

It depends when you try to get your bear tag or other tags. If you happen to try to order a bear tag during LEH crunch time, or when it first opens or in the day or so after results are released, the system is over-loaded and as a result, either connections to the web server timeout or connections between their web server and database server fail. It is a very outdated style of infrastructure that does not scale to volume. Not only does this result in a decrease in availability, but it is generally more expensive than using elastic infrastructure that automatically scales up and down according to demand where you only pay for the resources that you actually use (instead of paying for resources that are 99.99% un-utilized for the majority of the year and then fail when significant resources are actually needed)

caddisguy
05-26-2018, 08:13 PM
Not for me. This was started under libs and Ndp are following thru , this isn’t political its burecratic in nature , not grinding an axe with either party in this one , more about the minions in the system

What is likely comes down to is the IT consultant who spec'd out the infrastructure was unqualified to carry out such a simple task and the bureaucracy you speak of gets in the way of the equally simple task of acknowledging the recurrent problem and carrying out the simple task of migrating it to a more stable AND cost-effective infrastructure.

walks with deer
05-28-2018, 09:37 AM
deaddog... i saw a guy in kamloops swrvice bc same boat trying to get hos daughter a liscense...2days in a row...teller at service bc was good just couldnt do it for the junior...that dad and daughtet clearly missed school and work...they where unsucesful when i left.

todbartell
05-28-2018, 09:44 AM
I purchased my license in late March, bear tag in early April. Will grab my elk moose deer etc tags well in advance of my fall hunts. Glitches will be an annoyance, but not a hunt stopper

Salmon Belly
05-29-2018, 12:51 PM
Kids we take hunting look up to us as role models and they absorb everything. A hunt that special deserves better advanced planning - like Tod Bartell said tags are available far earlier than a few days before your hunt. The system may not be perfect but ranting against the government and the system overlooks your part in creating the problem. Also, any illegal hunting you teach her about shooting an animal without a tag or cancelling someone else’s tag not only lets her down but has a very unfortunate ripple effect.

Hunting is about doing the right thing even if no one would find out. I hope you take the responsibility you have to teach her the right way more seriously. She looks up to you and will do as you do. That’s part of the amazing side of passing on hunting traditions. Plan ahead it’s not that hard. The system isn’t perfect but it did not ruin your hunt.

SB

Jelvis
05-29-2018, 01:06 PM
Salmon Belly for Mayor of Sanity folks, as above.
-------------- Teach thy children well
Jel -- salmon belly 4 Mayor people -- LEH and the Ministry are the best any ways -- just pay the buckS n takes yer chances --

wideopenthrottle
05-29-2018, 01:06 PM
side note: my hunting partner was getting his son's online stuff but had trouble due to getting "credentials" validated (proof of BC residency)...it took him an extra 2 days to sort out and submit the documents?, so it was a good thing they extended the deadline as they had left it to the last minute....

Jelvis
05-29-2018, 01:13 PM
Things take time and effort on both sides, proper submission if you live in Mission and the right paper work and on line codes to cross, yah need to be Einstein to apply on line basically or yah mail on the snail, need I say more?
Jello -- Computer savvy, E-mail friendly and horshe shoes up yer ass pritty well hahaha

Deaddog
05-29-2018, 01:23 PM
My my daughter has been on fly in hunts , taken moose and elk , I certainly take my role seriously ( not that I give a rats shit about your opinion) that said my post was to point out how the system has taken a step backwards and is actually less efficient than before. I also teach my daughter( s) to not be sheep and accept everything the government shoves down our throats. Regarding the rest of your advice.... I’m sure you can find others to lecture from your pedestal

Kids we take hunting look up to us as role models and they absorb everything. A hunt that special deserves better advanced planning - like Tod Bartell said tags are available far earlier than a few days before your hunt. The system may not be perfect but ranting against the government and the system overlooks your part in creating the problem. Also, any illegal hunting you teach her about shooting an animal without a tag or cancelling someone else’s tag not only lets her down but has a very unfortunate ripple effect.
Hunting is about doing the right thing even if no one would find out. I hope you take the responsibility you have to teach her the right way more seriously. She looks up to you and will do as you do. That’s part of the amazing side of passing on hunting traditions. Plan ahead it’s not that hard. The system isn’t perfect but it did not ruin your hunt.

SB

Iron Glove
05-29-2018, 02:27 PM
Salmon Belly for Mayor of Sanity folks, as above.
-------------- Teach thy children well
Jel -- salmon belly 4 Mayor people -- LEH and the Ministry are the best any ways -- just pay the buckS n takes yer chances --

I don't know, he's probably some kind of Troll, has never taken a kid hunting, nor ever seen, let alone shot a bear.
I'll ask him in a few minutes. :wink:

j270wsm
05-29-2018, 03:19 PM
I find it hilarious when people wait until the last minute to apply for leh or buy their licence/tags and then freak out when the online system doesn't work properly!!!

I do my leh a few weeks after everything is online and buy my tags 4-6weeks before sept 1 and I've never had any issues.

Deaddog
05-29-2018, 03:38 PM
So four days in advance is last minute? All done at service bc. Three trips in three days. I don’t call that last minute in any way shape or form .

QUOTE=j270wsm;2011201]I find it hilarious when people wait until the last minute to apply for leh or buy their licence/tags and then freak out when the online system doesn't work properly!!!

I do my leh a few weeks after everything is online and buy my tags 4-6weeks before sept 1 and I've never had any issues.[/QUOTE]

warbird2006
05-29-2018, 03:49 PM
We missed out on Limited Entry last year because the system crashed . Its a lesson, don't leave things on last minute, shit happens, tough to blame the government for it. :)

warbird2006
05-29-2018, 03:51 PM
I find it hilarious when people wait until the last minute to apply for leh or buy their licence/tags and then freak out when the online system doesn't work properly!!!

I do my leh a few weeks after everything is online and buy my tags 4-6weeks before sept 1 and I've never had any issues.

I buy my hunting license and the bear tag on April 1st.

j270wsm
05-29-2018, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=Deaddog;2011204]So four days in advance is last minute? All done at service bc. Three trips in three days. I don’t call that last minute in any way shape or form .

So you started trying to get the licence and tags 4 days before the deadline for leh and were shocked that the system didn't work properly??

Under normal circumstances....I would think 4 days would be enough time to get a licence and tags.

Jelvis
05-29-2018, 04:02 PM
Just like hitting Save-On Foods for Campbels Cream of Mushroom and you wait til thee end, allll gone zoided. Lesson learned, don't be lazy.
Jel -- If your lazy then you miss out -- get off thy ass, and move n groove with LEH and our Ministry, pay the co$t and get lucky -- gotta try or nuttin so go for it.

Deaddog
05-29-2018, 04:29 PM
So, under the old system would it of been an issue? Absolutely not!! That is the simple point I was trying to make, nothing more . As far as the leh the majority of our hunts are in gos areas so leh hasn’t been an issue for my family . Now it is clear that we have taken a number of steps back in the service I’ll make sure and get tags etc first day , that said once again the gov hacks rammed this down our throat under the guise it would be more efficent and we would still have the option of same day service at service bc. Both are lies.

[QUOTE=Deaddog;2011204]So four days in advance is last minute? All done at service bc. Three trips in three days. I don’t call that last minute in any way shape or form .

So you started trying to get the licence and tags 4 days before the deadline for leh and were shocked that the system didn't work properly??

Under normal circumstances....I would think 4 days would be enough time to get a licence and tags.

HarryToolips
05-29-2018, 05:10 PM
Ain't that the truth....way complicate things - idiots....that being said, I still bought my licence and tag the old fashioned way, at Cambodia tire, though I guess it was more complicated for you due to the youth licence fiasco...

Jelvis
05-29-2018, 05:16 PM
Nobody wants their own daughters hunt cancelled, But shit happens, something wasn't completed and now has been done.
-- next time it won't hap poooon -- this is how we all learn by trying first, then we get things straightened out for next time --
Jello -- Always try for at least one LEH tag, or you'll be left out of the mix, of trix and fun, with your gun, in the hunting season, no LEH - sow apply now!

Wild one
05-29-2018, 05:23 PM
System has issues without a doubt

Step in the right direction but a mess at present

Gateholio
05-29-2018, 06:09 PM
I purchased my license in late March, bear tag in early April. Will grab my elk moose deer etc tags well in advance of my fall hunts. Glitches will be an annoyance, but not a hunt stopper

I think that's going to be the key to working within the new system- plan ahead, buy in advance to ensure things go smoothly.

I think everyone around here was happy when the online system was introduced. Our local store stopped selling HL and tags a couple of years prior to the system going online, so it was almost a 3 hour round trip for us, and that sucked.

j270wsm
05-30-2018, 08:29 AM
[QUOTE=Deaddog;2011212]So, under the old system would it of been an issue? Absolutely not!! That is the simple point I was trying to make, nothing more . As far as the leh the majority of our hunts are in gos areas so leh hasn’t been an issue for my family . Now it is clear that we have taken a number of steps back in the service I’ll make sure and get tags etc first day , that said once again the gov hacks rammed this down our throat under the guise it would be more efficent and we would still have the option of same day service at service bc. Both are lies.

Up until a few yrs ago the closest service bc was 160km from us. Our only store that sold licences/tags only had one employee that was allowed to sell them, she worked mon - fri and had stupid work hours. 80% of our town works 4 on 4 off 12hr days/nights, so it could be a real pain. There was times when they didn't send someone to get a new box of licences/tags for a few days or a week and a half.

I understand the point you were trying to make. My point is that this new system, though it isn't perfect, allows you to buy your licence/tags/leh all from home any time of the day. Your not restricted by anything but your own procrastination. It sucks that your daughter wasn't able to get her licence/tags but at the end of the day, it can't be blamed 100% on the system crashing......

For some of us, this new system works awesome. As I said before, avoid trying to buy licence/tags/leh in the first few weeks or near the end of leh being available and the system shouldn't be screwed up.

stevo911_
05-30-2018, 09:26 AM
It is a very outdated style of infrastructure that does not scale to volume. Not only does this result in a decrease in availability, but it is generally more expensive than using elastic infrastructure that automatically scales up and down according to demand where you only pay for the resources that you actually use (instead of paying for resources that are 99.99% un-utilized for the majority of the year and then fail when significant resources are actually needed)

The issue here is our privacy & data storage requirements (and bureaucracy).

I know someone who recently retired from quite high up in the provinces tech department, and this was one of his biggest gripes.

For example, some of their systems that share data with Ottawa:
Because of US laws put in place after 9/11 where they're allowed to intercept whatever data they want, higher ups won't allow our data to pass through the states, even if it's encrypted, despite the best/fastest node being in Seattle or somewhere down there. All the solutions available generally take the fastest route, so our provincial gov't tech guys have to bootstrap it, and come up with their own workarounds to keep the data within our borders, which significantly impact the effectiveness and responsiveness of their systems by several orders of magnitudes, despite the fact our data would be just as secure going the conventional route through the states.

Same reason the province doesn't really get to use cloud computing in a lot of instances, data travels through the states, or doesn't meet the storage requirements.

The other bit being the bureaucrats, same as the Phoenix system. Higher-ups say make it work, this is when we're delivering, the worker bees say it can't be done or it won't work, and the higher ups have already committed themselves so they push on.

05-30-2018, 10:03 AM
The big lesson to learn is plan ahead. which is tough for older guys or people not used to computers.. hell im on my dad all the time about " get your leh in" what does he do,,,, wait till the last minute and has a problem with password renewal..
eventually he got it figured but it was close....... Gone are the days where you just swing in and do it on Friday... realise that.... get used to it.... it is the way it is... and think about it this way. You can sit in your house in march and get all your tags delivered to your door, you don't need to worry about loosing your license because you don't carry one now. Conservation have an easier go of tooling information in the field,, we can fill in LEH online and handle that easier....

there are a tonne of benefits to it, you just need to understand that there might be a hitch here and there so do it early........ and the whole conspiracy theory is honestly laughable, honestly.... give your head a shake on that one...
I live in Victoria.. my Vegan sister worked in the LEH department... look out! she is a vegan! living in Victoria!.... but she eats meat dad and I catch or shoot... and I have never got a Rosie draw from her either!

Elkaholic
05-30-2018, 10:37 AM
The issue here is our privacy & data storage requirements (and bureaucracy).

I know someone who recently retired from quite high up in the provinces tech department, and this was one of his biggest gripes.

For example, some of their systems that share data with Ottawa:
Because of US laws put in place after 9/11 where they're allowed to intercept whatever data they want, higher ups won't allow our data to pass through the states, even if it's encrypted, despite the best/fastest node being in Seattle or somewhere down there. All the solutions available generally take the fastest route, so our provincial gov't tech guys have to bootstrap it, and come up with their own workarounds to keep the data within our borders, which significantly impact the effectiveness and responsiveness of their systems by several orders of magnitudes, despite the fact our data would be just as secure going the conventional route through the states.

Same reason the province doesn't really get to use cloud computing in a lot of instances, data travels through the states, or doesn't meet the storage requirements.

The other bit being the bureaucrats, same as the Phoenix system. Higher-ups say make it work, this is when we're delivering, the worker bees say it can't be done or it won't work, and the higher ups have already committed themselves so they push on.

What your friend was beating around the bush about is the damned FOIPPA that kills all cloud services and hosted services in BC. I work for the gov in the IT industry and its a massive pain in the ass that we cannot use a lot of well used services because of our BC FOIPPA laws. We have apps we cannot use, websites, services ..... the list goes on. All in the name of protecting user (BC residents) data.

caddisguy
05-30-2018, 06:20 PM
What your friend was beating around the bush about is the damned FOIPPA that kills all cloud services and hosted services in BC. I work for the gov in the IT industry and its a massive pain in the ass that we cannot use a lot of well used services because of our BC FOIPPA laws. We have apps we cannot use, websites, services ..... the list goes on. All in the name of protecting user (BC residents) data.

It sounds like that rules out some good cloud services like AWS or Azure (even though with AWS has Regions in Canada) but it is still entirely possible to roll out quality infrastructure in Canada.

I have rolled out infrastructure for BC government projects (that house private data) in local DC's here in Vancouver, both dedicated hardware and virtualized/cloud environments.

The thing that really bothers me is that there are only around 100000 hunters in BC. I suspect there are only 30000 or so that apply for LEH.

Let's say maybe 1/3 wait until the last day. This means the infrastructure needs to handle 10000 sessions in perhaps a few hours. Even with a presumably bloated application (I would bet money it is on the sloppy side but I am sure I have seen worse too) 10k sessions over the course of an evening seems like a "worst case scenario" yet I would consider this fairly light usage.

While it could probably be done on one server hosting both the web server and DB, $1500-$2000 month or so should get you a redundant pair of load balancers that double as firewalls, 2-3 decent web servers and a 2-3 db servers. And if they really want to penny pinch to make the most of our money, since the resources would be less than 1% used 90% of the year, they could certainly use the hardware for other projects. It would make the most sense for the BC government to build out their own VPC's so they have the ability to shift resources from one project to another based on demand but still have separate VM's for each project. I imagine right now they have environments all over the place with so many redundant (as in unnecessary) systems that are sitting around 99% idle.

There are so many options available to run a relatively small site without it falling over during moderate usage. Any further back in technology and they'd have dang GeoCities hit counter on there :)

To put it in perspective, I have a 15+ year old opteron sitting in a Colo room that runs a website, mail server, db server, monitoring system among other things. The site is actually a front-end for a BBS era online game that runs out of a DOS emulator. It was posted on Slashdot a few years ago and had a few hundred thousand sessions in a short period of time and hundreds of people playing a game in a dos emulator running under Linux with a perl based authentication system. I hardly noticed a load spike let alone resource saturation. And that is hardware so old you probably couldn't even give it away.

Krico
05-30-2018, 10:49 PM
I can’t believe how complicated and inefficient they’ve made licensing now. Went through the bs of having to scan and submit “credentials” for my 12 year old son’s youth license this spring. System said it was going to take up to a week to certify. What a joke. Luckily I was able to get in to a service B.C. office and had somebody straighten it out.
The fact our tags bought online are now mailed, with no option to have an electronic copy added to Apple wallet or something similar is also ridiculous.
One step forward 2 back.
I totally agree with Deaddog.
Guys can preach all they want about planning, buying early etc but the point is going electronic was supposed to make things faster and easier, not slower and more difficult.
Getting invited last minute Friday afternoon to go on an unplanned weekend hunt in past meant swinging by the gas station and grabbing tags needed on way. Now it’ll mean saying no I have to wait for the government to mail my tag I have to buy online tonight.