PDA

View Full Version : Spring bear video complete

caddisguy
05-22-2018, 01:51 PM
I was stuck at home sick all weekend so I made use of the time and put together a 2018 spring bear video.

I tried to keep it as educational as possible for new hunters or people new to spring bear hunting especially in the Fraser Valley. I'm not sure if it will be too exciting for seasoned hunters or guys who can drive 10 minutes from home and tag a monster lol.

The goal is to inspire and give new bear hunters some "ah hah!" moments that will help them get into some bears.

It's possible I might still get back out there and do a little season finale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXpHdhsf2N4

358mag
05-22-2018, 07:51 PM
Crap nothing but a black box nothing to down load

bc_buckshot
05-22-2018, 07:52 PM
Nice.....looks good

caddisguy
05-22-2018, 08:15 PM
Crap nothing but a black box nothing to down load

Strange... here's the direct link, maybe it will work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXpHdhsf2N4 ... failing that if you just go on youtube and search "caddisguy" you will find my channel and it will be the most recent video.

@bc_buckshot thanks man I want to tag along with you and film your hunts lol .. just kidding maybe ... amazing bear you got!!

358mag
05-22-2018, 08:37 PM
Strange... here's the direct link, maybe it will work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXpHdhsf2N4 ... failing that if you just go on youtube and search "caddisguy" you will find my channel and it will be the most recent video.

@bc_buckshot thanks man I want to tag along with you and film your hunts lol .. just kidding maybe ... amazing bear you got!!
The link works great thks for posting

HarryToolips
05-22-2018, 08:59 PM
Nice bear, thanks for posting..

weatherby_man
05-22-2018, 09:24 PM
Nice vid thanks for posting, great fun and some tasty meat. Once you finished with it, how was the fur on it? in good shape? Looked pretty full and nice and black.

nature girl
05-23-2018, 08:21 PM
Caddisguy good video. Its nice to see a bear hunting video, where you just didn't drive down the road and shoot it. You are in the thick of things hunting.

Salty
05-24-2018, 05:10 PM
Well done caddis thanks for all the work on the video enjoyed that :) Tough start to the season with all the snow good job pulling it off ;)

caddisguy
05-24-2018, 06:59 PM
Well done caddis thanks for all the work on the video enjoyed that :) Tough start to the season with all the snow good job pulling it off ;)

Definitely a couple weeks behind this year. We also filmed a lot of lead-up going after a specific bear but I couldn't include it in this video... can't lead up to something that doesn't happen. I have the footage saved for future use though.

Not sure if I'll get out again for bear or not this spring but that bear is around early season too. Maybe I'll stick him with an arrow early Sept.

It is a lot of work filming and editing but I do love recording memories... always worth it and if an HBC'er or two enjoys it that's plenty of bonus.

Going to edit together a nifty one of us making fire from bow drills (from finding materials to fire) ... should be a fun one lol

The_Bear_Man
05-25-2018, 07:23 AM
Enjoyed the video! Love the determination.

45freezer
05-27-2018, 09:09 AM
Awesome man, finally got a chance to check it out and will definitely re-watch it a few times, lots of good info in there! Been working on a write up about last weekend the past few days, a bit long winded but should be a good read for your commute tomorrow ;) got lots of photos and a few video clips but not enough to put together anything worthwhile...next investment is a gopro!