PDA

View Full Version : Water levels?

dirtymax
05-16-2018, 07:10 AM
Hoping to enjoy a weekend camping this month for a birthday. Do some fishing and enjoy time off finally. Does anyone know how spius creek is in Merritt ? We camp close to the water and question of it may be underwater. As well as road access due to major washouts .
any input will help.
Thanks

stixnstones
05-16-2018, 11:35 AM
Where were u planning on staying ? I can get u the info for I work for the Hatchery there

RyoTHC
05-16-2018, 11:55 AM
Hoping to enjoy a weekend camping this month for a birthday. Do some fishing and enjoy time off finally. Does anyone know how spius creek is in Merritt ? We camp close to the water and question of it may be underwater. As well as road access due to major washouts .
any input will help.
Thanks

I wish you luck. Water levels are insanely high, washouts on alot of the FSRs. Unless it's being actively logged it isn't being maintained. Alot more snow melt this year and really fast.. TBH if it's in the next few weeks I'd pass and re plan somewhere else.

dirtymax
05-16-2018, 09:14 PM
The road up to I believe what is called silver lake would have to double check. You cross over the bridge right beside the main fsr

boxhitch
05-17-2018, 06:03 AM
I had success phoning the local Forestry office to check on road specifics.
more trusty than the web

338win mag
05-17-2018, 06:28 AM
I have been out in my usual hangouts in region 3 quite abit lately and anyone headed out camping should have a backup plan as I was turned back many times because of snow or total washouts, unless the roads are actively being used for logging as was mentioned.

Wild one
05-17-2018, 07:11 AM
With the high water conditions in BC this spring I would recommend not making plans of fishing flowing waters as majority are blown out and will be for sometime

dirtymax
05-19-2018, 06:00 AM
We are hoping to fish silver lake . Their is a Rec site but not great access for a large truck . We camp at the bottom near the creek just curious if we can get up their and if our spot will be underwater

RyoTHC
05-19-2018, 07:26 AM
Everyone already told you to avoid the area but do whatever you want..