PDA

View Full Version : Spring Bear erosion.

walks with deer
05-10-2018, 07:47 AM
Carefull out there..

a lot of roads are at there softest time with snow melt and a lot of rain bridges, culverts and steep banks if it looks wet pre-check before crossing. getting very green around the higher elevations I predict a lot of bears will die this weekend.

I will probably wait 2 more weeks and try to do some fawn protection.

Blainer
05-10-2018, 08:53 AM
Thinking a couple more weeks for myself.
When I was young, we would go as often as we could, lots of money on fuel, minimal bears till late May, June, but some fond memories and camping excursions

BigfishCanada
05-10-2018, 09:38 AM
Im heading out mid june for hopefully 2 weeks, I find late may and June more roam middle of the day

RyoTHC
05-10-2018, 09:55 AM
Well, we came across about a half dozen roads washed out in the cut blocks we were roaming yesterday, and had to cross some waste deep "puddles" but we were able to put down bear number 2 this week! Second boar down, good luck to anyone who heads out there ! Be safe! Waters cold, fast moving and bears are active !

caddisguy
05-10-2018, 10:02 AM
Carefull out there..

a lot of roads are at there softest time with snow melt and a lot of rain bridges, culverts and steep banks if it looks wet pre-check before crossing. getting very green around the higher elevations I predict a lot of bears will die this weekend.

I will probably wait 2 more weeks and try to do some fawn protection.

I think you're right. A lot of bears are going down this weekend.

Also about the erosion. I think there is still a lot of flooding/washouts that will happen.

I drove across a few minor floods on the way in this year. I am always prepared to have to walk back out.

I saw one section of road that looked like a good portion of it was about to cave in. It was visibility separating and possibly getting ready to go down in the swamp below... made a wide detour for that one.

bacon_overlord
05-10-2018, 09:47 PM
Spent 10h yesterday processing my first bear..second tag is in the mail. Be heading out for #2 when it shows up!

I'll be wary of soft roads for sure, thanks!