PDA

View Full Version : New optics

leftfield
05-08-2018, 12:10 PM
Hey guys, looks like I have to replace my Vortex Vipers pre HD style 10x42.....lost them during a move somehow. So here's what I've been looking at, new Vortex Viper HD (the new models are out and supposed to be really nice). Maybe the jump to Vortex Razor HD, not sure if the price jump is worth it. As well considering the Meopta MeoPro, I've read some great reviews but I'm not sure about the warranty compared to Vortex. I've used the Vortex warranty in the past when the adjustable eye relief got full of debris and I couldn't clean it properly. Sent it off and in about 10 days got them back good as new, also included a cleaning brush. Great customer service. Thanks for any experience you can share

todbartell
05-08-2018, 03:21 PM
I've been using Vortex binos since 2012. A couple years with the Viper HD, a few with the Razor 10x42 and last year I switched to the Razor 8x42. They've all performed great and no issues. If you can afford the Razors, I'd lean that way

IslandWanderer
05-08-2018, 04:55 PM
10x42 razors work well for me. I think you’ll be impressed if you try them. However, the vipers are likely a better deal. Excellent glass for a decent price.

My son has Monarch 5’s and they’ve awesome for the money.

123.brewski
05-08-2018, 05:35 PM
check out the Nikon monarch 7. very nice glass, and apparently good warranty. I had convinced myself to buy vortex last year, until i checked them out. Slightly larger field of view as well for the nikon line

Fisher-Dude
05-08-2018, 08:31 PM
Or, you could buy Leica, Swaro, or Zeiss, and never have to buy binos again.

HarryToolips
05-08-2018, 09:00 PM
^^^^yep, love my Zeiss....I was impressed with the warranty when I owned Vortex as well, but I got sick and tired of sending them in..

Ohwildwon
05-08-2018, 10:43 PM
I love my leopold BX 3 pro guides, 10x42 at 1.5 lbs..

Here is a review of the latest version...

http://outdoortrailsnetwork.com/buy-or-bust/leupold-bx-4-pro-guide-hd-8x42-binoculars

leftfield
05-09-2018, 11:04 AM
Thanks guys, I went with the new for 2018 Vipers. I talked to the guys at Great North Precision and they hooked me up. I based my decision on the past dealings with Vortex which were really good. Time will tell but I feel good about it. I appreciate all of the input. Now watch me find my old ones next week......

IslandWanderer
05-09-2018, 11:53 AM
Thanks guys, I went with the new for 2018 Vipers. I talked to the guys at Great North Precision and they hooked me up. I based my decision on the past dealings with Vortex which were really good. Time will tell but I feel good about it. I appreciate all of the input. Now watch me find my old ones next week......

Solid choice. Great quality for the cost.

donny.brooke
05-09-2018, 12:07 PM
Cant go wrong with the Vipers or Great North Precision

264mag
05-09-2018, 01:49 PM
I have a sweet pair of Leica duovids for sale. There's a deal to be had here. Just bought Leica rf Binos so dont need two.