PDA

View Full Version : Free music / audio tracks for hunting videos?

caddisguy
05-06-2018, 07:56 PM
I'm putting together a gooder and was looking for some free music / audio tracks that go along with hunting / bush scenery ... anything for relaxing to building up suspense.

I googled around and found a site with some goods ones but they want around $50 per track... crazy

Is there are free ones?

MOUNTAIN MICKEY
05-07-2018, 05:42 PM
Nothing ruins a hunting video more than music. Hunting film tour this year proved that by a very big margin.

russm
05-07-2018, 06:38 PM
Nothing ruins a hunting video more than music. Hunting film tour this year proved that by a very big margin.

I was about to say the same, there’s a lot of YouTube vids that would be way better if they didn’t have music added to them. Maybe an intro song or something but a dramatic track doesn’t do much for me.

caddisguy
05-08-2018, 02:03 PM
I was about to say the same, there’s a lot of YouTube vids that would be way better if they didn’t have music added to them. Maybe an intro song or something but a dramatic track doesn’t do much for me.

Yeah I am just looking for clips (like a few seconds each) to use for the occasional transition.

Stroodle
05-08-2018, 03:08 PM
Caddisguy - I like to make up hunting vids every year after the season ends and hand out copies to my hunting partners - while some (as seen above) don't care for added sound clips - I think it can really make the video/clip. It is NO EASY TASK and I spend as much time editing the video as I do the music. Crappy sound ruins a video but so does crappy music - I ran into the same issue you are in with the royalties on songs costing an arm and a leg even if it is for personal use. I don't have the names of the ones I've been using, but try searching using 'royalty free' in your search - some of them are pretty good and usually all the supplier wants is a listing in the end credits. Good luck and happy editing!

warnniklz
05-08-2018, 03:44 PM
music should only be used during establishing shots and b-roll, like taking off in the float plane or watching a herd of cariboo running across the tundra. You may like Wheeler WAlker Jr, but your viewer may like Steel Panther... so usually instrumental music with soft fades is best.

caddisguy
05-08-2018, 06:26 PM
I'll see what I can dig up... definitely not looking for something that resembles a song. Short clips for things like intro, and something simple/quick (and just a few notes) during fade out/in transition for example. etc. I hope that makes sense.

I spoke to my brother yesterday. He does a lot of music and has an ear for these things so it looks like I will get some help.

I agree with everyone about how music/songs can ruin a video. Definitely not looking for a full composition or anything. Simple neutral sound, one instrument, a few notes for a few seconds kind of thing.

Often if I come across a video whether its hunting, fishing, offroading, etc and of has music overlay I just skip it or switch off the sound.

MOUNTAIN MICKEY
05-08-2018, 07:33 PM
Sounds like you are on the right track for what you want to do.