PDA

View Full Version : Study ended

gcreek
05-03-2018, 12:47 PM
Neighbors shot a collared wolf a couple days ago. I guess it's days being studied are over.

Will pass on info when I receive it.

Wish someone would make the call that there are too many and do something about them. Sad that our managers would rather study ungulates to death.

Alas, I repeat myself....... again.

whognu
05-03-2018, 02:31 PM
in the immortal words yogi berra

its deja vu all over again

butcher
05-03-2018, 03:03 PM
I’m up to two collared wolves so we are moving a little quicker down here.

dana
05-03-2018, 04:30 PM
Soooo how many ungulates has the ministry saved over the years by collaring wolves??? How much caribou money has been spent on wolf collars instead of actually helping caribou???

panhead
05-03-2018, 04:44 PM
What collar was it?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile I have the greenest lawn on this side of the Rockies, here in SW Godawful NS.

2chodi
05-03-2018, 05:07 PM
Did it say "Rex" on it?

monasheemountainman
05-03-2018, 05:30 PM
Did it say "Rex" on it?
Hahaha nice one

russm
05-03-2018, 05:57 PM
Did it say "Rex" on it?

Lol, someone’s going to post saying this is offensive... give it time, not me, just saying, somebody will.

gcreek
05-03-2018, 07:05 PM
Soooo how many ungulates has the ministry saved over the years by collaring wolves??? How much caribou money has been spent on wolf collars instead of actually helping caribou???

They were trapping and collaring wolves here 30 years ago under the auspice of the caribou study. Nothing has changed but the ratio of predators to prey.

gcreek
05-03-2018, 07:06 PM
What collar was it?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile I have the greenest lawn on this side of the Rockies, here in SW Godawful NS.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

gcreek
05-03-2018, 07:07 PM
I’m up to two collared wolves so we are moving a little quicker down here.

Right on!

Did MOE give you the information about them? They will if you ask for it.

dana
05-03-2018, 07:29 PM
Right on!

Did MOE give you the information about them? They will if you ask for it.

Should put one of those collars on a CN train and let it go across the country. ;)

The last time I joked about that on HBC I got a phone call from His Holiness of Wildlife himself. The unforgivable sin to make such jokes.

I am more confident now than ever that the last southern mountain caribou will be killed by a collared wolf. Other than a bunch of scientists justifying their jobs, what has the wolf collaring acheived?

butcher
05-03-2018, 07:42 PM
I was gonna sneak over to the COs house and put one on the diff of his truck.

funny enough both came from the Robson Valley. One was a big male that I killed in vavenby all by himself. The other was with a pack up gum creek. All I had was a 45/70 with iron sights. Went down in a hail of gunfire. Of course 4 others got away Scott free.

gcreek
05-03-2018, 07:58 PM
There was a wolf trapped at Kleena Kleene a couple years back that was collared in Washington state.

I agree with you Dana, follow the money, it’s not silent.

butcher
05-03-2018, 08:35 PM
Gcreek where are you from? My wife’s family was all a bunch of chilcotin ranchers.

dana
05-03-2018, 08:57 PM
I was gonna sneak over to the COs house and put one on the diff of his truck.

funny enough both came from the Robson Valley. One was a big male that I killed in vavenby all by himself. The other was with a pack up gum creek. All I had was a 45/70 with iron sights. Went down in a hail of gunfire. Of course 4 others got away Scott free.

Haha, that would be a good one. And they would never suspect you as I am the one always talking about putting collars on trains and such. ;) Strange there was a pack up Gum. Now that moose are extinct in there, the only thing left to eat are the 10 remaining caribou. :( I know all to well the hail of gunfire. Have had that experience several times in the Robson Valley. One time with my kid's lever gun.

gcreek
05-04-2018, 01:02 AM
Gcreek where are you from? My wife’s family was all a bunch of chilcotin ranchers.

Anahim Lake, You could pm me your relates. I likely know or know of them.

chilcotin hillbilly
05-04-2018, 07:55 AM
I hope everyone realizes some of our HCTF money is being spent on collaring wolves instead of dealing with the real problem.

It is time we start making sure our HCTF money is being put to use growing wildlife not studying the diminishing populations.

gcreek
05-04-2018, 01:20 PM
I hope everyone realizes some of our HCTF money is being spent on collaring wolves instead of dealing with the real problem.

It is time we start making sure our HCTF money is being put to use growing wildlife not studying the diminishing populations.

I was called a negative poster on the deer collaring thread for bringing this up. Some won't ever get it CH..........

weatherby_man
05-04-2018, 01:33 PM
Thats one scientific study I'm glad was halted :)....