PDA

View Full Version : 7-16 Info

dotke
04-30-2018, 10:28 AM
We are planning to head to 7-16 in the fall and wondering if anyone had info on Otter lake? Is there campsites/ boat launch? Hows the fishing? Other Option is Fishhook lake. If there are any other decent fishing lakes in the area can you please send me some info. Also would a canoe or 12' aluminum and motor be more practical? We are entering LEH but will still go if not drawn and want to find some secluded waterways for moose hunting. Many thanks in advance.

358jess
04-30-2018, 02:06 PM
Fish hook is a rather small lake. Tacheeda lakes are the more popular out there. Lots of camp sites. Tacheeda would be better with the 12' aluminum. Has Kokanee and char. It's generally got a couple large camps set up during the season.

dotke
04-30-2018, 04:55 PM
We were trying to focus our time at caddis lakes for hunting but a friend is coming and just wants to fish. Any info on otter lake?

RackStar
04-30-2018, 05:07 PM
Some wicked fishing up there especially if you like river fishing too! Parsnip/table/crooked river all top knotch

bring a bear tag some great black bears in the area

dotke
04-30-2018, 08:15 PM
Is there a boat launch at otter lake?

HappyJack
04-30-2018, 11:48 PM
No boat launch at Otter. Last time we were there the camping spots were pig stys.there are a couple spots with trails you could get a tin boat in. The trails go to the lake from the camp areas. We didn't fish it as we were scouting it out for hunting.

300sako
05-02-2018, 09:55 AM
Lots of big fish in the smaller lakes never tried fishing otter lk if your heading up the seback rd go left on olson theres a little lake on the left with a campsite pulled some nice rainbows out of there

Arctic Lake
05-03-2018, 01:18 PM
We are planning to head to 7-16 in the fall and wondering if anyone had info on Otter lake? Is there campsites/ boat launch? Hows the fishing? Other Option is Fishhook lake. If there are any other decent fishing lakes in the area can you please send me some info. Also would a canoe or 12' aluminum and motor be more practical? We are entering LEH but will still go if not drawn and want to find some secluded waterways for moose hunting. Many thanks in advance.
Dotke

Not sure if you are firm where you are going in 7-16 but I think someone also mentioned the Parsnip River. You could always float the Parsnip in a canoe and hunt the 7-16 side. That river comes up fast when it's pissing rain . You could even put a car topper in the bottom half of the Parsnip and motor up the Parsnip as far as you want to go and come back down.
Arctic Lake

HappyJack
05-03-2018, 05:24 PM
Dotke

Not sure if you are firm where you are going in 7-16 but I think someone also mentioned the Parsnip River. You could always float the Parsnip in a canoe and hunt the 7-16 side. That river comes up fast when it's pissing rain . You could even put a car topper in the bottom half of the Parsnip and motor up the Parsnip as far as you want to go and come back down.
Arctic Lake

Far better idea than trying to float the Crooked in low water. ;-) You want to see some country, head up to the Captain Creek drainage above Otter Lake, some nice country up there.

Arctic Lake
05-05-2018, 10:40 AM
Far better idea than trying to float the Crooked in low water. ;-) You want to see some country, head up to the Captain Creek drainage above Otter Lake, some nice country up there.

To the Op sorry not trying to derail your thread !
Arctic Lake

Happy Jack

Never been up that way to Captains Creek or Otter Lake What's that like today ? I have been up toward I think it was Hominika (sp) from driving in behind Bear lake. Drove across a big swamp that had a corduroy road , very eerie feeling and WOW are some of those cottonwood trees huge in that country

moosinaround
05-05-2018, 03:23 PM
I did a bunch of silviculture work up that captain creek country MANY moons ago, was tough access back then. Not sure if Canfor has logged back there lately, they are going after the green leave strips lately! Moosin

HappyJack
05-06-2018, 09:18 AM
To the Op sorry not trying to derail your thread !
Arctic Lake

Happy Jack

Never been up that way to Captains Creek or Otter Lake What's that like today ? I have been up toward I think it was Hominika (sp) from driving in behind Bear lake. Drove across a big swamp that had a corduroy road , very eerie feeling and WOW are some of those cottonwood trees huge in that country

You an get there via the North Fraser road. Lots of nice hunting country in there, some good fishing holes too.

dotke
05-08-2018, 07:42 AM
We were thinking of hopefully camping fishhook lake and driving to caddis lakes to hunt. We have never been in this area nor have we ever moose hunted but trying to get as much research as possible before we head up there. Thanks for the replies thus far.

Dotke

dotke
05-09-2018, 07:38 AM
Does anyone Know if there is a camp spot at caddis lakes? and or if you would be able to get a tin boat on the lake?