PDA

View Full Version : LEH Around the corner who's looking for new hunting spots ?

BDB.Hunting
04-28-2018, 03:54 PM
So I know with LEH around the Corner everyone has certain areas they like to put in for. After moving down from the Okanagan into the Fraser Valley as well as having access to the Sunshine coast my choices have shifted to new areas I've personally never hunted. Obviously research on the area is important dont want to get skunked with tag you cant use.

I'm curious to see what other hunters are doing. Do you use IMap BC with all the layers or do you use PracelMap BC ? Both seem to be alright options for trying to locate crown land or none private areas. Or do you prefer the old fashion driving roads looking for signs that say private property on logging roads ?

My other though for discussion is some areas are mostly Private land ownership areas which you require the landowners permission to hunt. Do you prefer to knock on doors and shake hands ? Sending letters out to homeowners ? make cold calls ? I have also heard someone mention that trying to offer small game hunting on properties out of season for big game to form a bond.

Everyone I am sure has a preferred method just figure it never hurts to have information or ideas floating around for others. Still gotta put in the time and effort including boots on the ground scouting.

Good luck to everyone this LEH. :grin:

Steelpulse
04-29-2018, 03:22 AM
I apply for low odd hunts and go to the area and don’t complain when I don’t draw. I win a tag every year and get that animal. Because I don’t apply for 100:1 odd hunts. It’s not rigged it’s not unfair. It’s a random draw. Play it right and have lots of success. Had 4 draws in 4 years. Moose goat sheep doe

boxhitch
04-29-2018, 08:55 AM
Why bother now? just wait til the permit is in hand if you are hinging your hunt on that permit.

regardless of leh, I'm looking for a new elk spot

boxhitch
04-29-2018, 09:00 AM
have also heard someone mention that trying to offer small game hunting on properties out of season for big game to form a bond.going to the dark side?
out of season is out of season, period

BDB.Hunting
04-29-2018, 09:29 AM
going to the dark side?
out of season is out of season, period

I was refer to hunting small game in season but not during a high pressure big game season when they are getting everyone knocking down doors.