PDA

View Full Version : Wake the f@#k up

sparky300winmag
04-26-2018, 11:14 PM
When is the federal and provincial governments going to wake up! It’s 2018 and there is still a two tier system for Canadians. We are all Canadians some born here some not. Yet , OUR resources are split up for those you believe they are more entitled than others. WTF , we are one nation , there should be no ethnic group MORE entitled than another. It’s a joke and I’m getting sick of it. Billions directed to one ethnic group. Fisheries determined upon what one ethnic group wants. Hunting closed to everyone EXCEPT those in a particular ethnic group.
Our constitution basically causes racism because we are all not treated the same.
This will prob be my last post on here but stand up for yourselves ffs.

gutpile
04-26-2018, 11:49 PM
Nothing is going to change !

sparky300winmag
04-27-2018, 12:23 AM
That’s the problem , we all say that. When we ( not of a particular ethnic group) have our hunting and fishing rights taken away , i guarantee you the other group will be huntin and fishin . I watched a chief say the other day “ it’s ‘their’ fish”. Really !!!
I’m not just squealing about a segregation of sorts , I haven’t mentioned we have to give the whales something to eat because they apparently are starving to death , lol right. Maybe the thousands of seals and sea lions lining the coast may have something to do with the decline in salmon stocks as well . And does the DFO have any idea how many salmon are caught in the nets crossing the rivers...not a chance in hell..The real shitty part is when all the men/ women in their 60’s , 70’s , 80’s are gone , that’s when our rights will really be stripped. Our governments management of fish and game is a joke . Good luck fellow hunters and fishermen. Enjoy it while you can cause your days are numbered. At least legally.

gutpile
04-27-2018, 02:38 AM
Not just our rights are being stripped but our politician are changing the very fabric of our society .
just look at our immigration policies , you won't recognize Canada in 20 years .
Look how the left has brainwashed our society about same sex marriage , now it's gender fluidity tomorrow
it will be something else it never ends until they have totally destroyed this country .
Yeah , we are losing more rights all the time . Even the law about taking the meat off the ribs which is a small thing
they just can't leave us alone , it piss's me of it's more time consuming especially when it's getting dark and who cares
if some meat is left on the bones .
It should be so that certain number of animals can be taken in a given area and what I do with that animal is my business if I have
all my papers in order , but no they keep making things
more complicated .
Next, the authoritys will check my freezer to make sure I consume all my meat before I can hunt again , you get my drift !
enough of my rant .

Spy
04-27-2018, 06:59 AM
Its not racism its resentment caused by the GOV which is sold as racism.....

firebird
04-27-2018, 07:09 AM
IMO With the Confederation of Canada and the addition of provinces over the following years the FN were a conquered people aswell as the French and any other peoples opposing the confederation and Canada.

What other conquered people get so get so much stuff their way?

Assimilate

Brez
04-27-2018, 08:19 AM
Unfortunately, the governments are making decisions that are making a lot of people resent certain groups. The resentment should be directed at the governments. If the govt told me I had rights to hunt, fish and pretty much have ownership rights to the province at the detriment to the rest of the population, I'd probably say "Well, its not really fair, but what the hell,...Thanks a lot!"

canucks6
04-27-2018, 08:45 AM
Hey look on the bright side in 20 years us whiteys should get preferentil treatment over all the east Indians.

Sirloin
04-27-2018, 08:58 AM
Our nation and other western nations need to realize, none of this is going to stop, its going to get much much worse in the future taking the route we are on. A change in political party, or leader will not change this. We have to get to the root of what's driving these policies and that is far left philosophy, way of thinking, the identity politics that's being taught in our schools and higher education. The BC government has overhauled the entire education system recently, the biggest change to the education system in its history, and its all filled with far left activism and identity politics ideology, white privilege, gender fluid theory, all of it. These ideas are instilling a world view in our youth, describing the world as nothing but systems oppressor and oppressed groups and its their job to overcome it with far left activism and policy. These world views strip people of their individuality and label them under their group identity membership, and push for actions based on those groups.

The west was founded on the importance of the individual, and this is why we are a successful culture.

These ideologies destroy this cultural foundation and push people into group identities and tribes. Humanity has a very strong natural push towards tribalism, which can and has lead us to some very dark places and its something we have to work at to avoid. These ideologies are laying the groundwork and pushing society at large to indulge in this tribalism.

We need to take a serious look at whats being pushed in education and media these days because it has some serious potential to uproot this good thing we got going on over here.
It's not going away with just a change in political party.

303savage
04-27-2018, 09:07 AM
And does the DFO have any idea how many salmon are caught in the nets crossing the rivers

I don't know if it has anything to do with the netting in rivers, but the sockeye run in Raft River in the Clearwater area was dismal. There might have been a hundred sockeye when there should have been several hundred. Smallest run we've seen in the 30+ years we've been watching the run.

Bugle M In
04-27-2018, 09:11 AM

I don't know if "sold" is the right term...IMO.
But, what the Gov of now and the past (Feds like Ian Waddel etc who come to mind and someone I have met several times).
have "created" racism by the form of basically establishing "segregation" with some of these bs policies.

The "will never change" is true to some degree, but I don't think it is the "way to think".
It "will never change" unless it gets talked about, and the "push back" starts to happen.
Only when the majority start to see how "out of hand" it has become, and talks loudly about it, will it change..IMO

finngun
04-27-2018, 09:48 AM
The "will never change" is true to some degree, but I don't think it is the "way to think".///////well i think i never see equal rights,,in my lifetime,,,sad..:frown:

Bugle M In
04-27-2018, 10:33 AM
The "will never change" is true to some degree, but I don't think it is the "way to think".///////well i think i never see equal rights,,in my lifetime,,,sad..:frown:

One day, due to "special interests" things will fall apart.
Why, because the planet is only "so big" and that's it.
And yet people keep populating, bigger and bigger.
Eventually "mother nature" will kick back, and even the special interests will be left with "nothing".
Look at moose, and some groups blaming us hunters for that, rather then pointing their finger at themselves.
If one does not deal with the "real issue" at hand, one is left with the continuing problem with no hope in sight.
And once you remove a user group, you have now also "lost a voice" in the battle to actually "correct the problem"
In the end, it's a lose\-lose proposition.
Very stupid in fact, and saying it will never change, is removing the voice to "make it change".
Speak up!

Weatherby Fan
04-27-2018, 10:38 AM
This won't change as it was ruled by the Supreme Court of Canada they have special rights and until this is challenged and stopped or changed its only going to get worse a lot worse, we can blame the egghead we have in power but this is not a Prime Minister or a Premier issue its way bigger than that, it has to come from the people to force the hands of the government to challenge it in court and we don't have anyone that will stand up and make changes for the better of all people not just 4% of the population of Canada

Again as others have said this is going to get ALOT WORSE......

elknut
04-27-2018, 10:50 AM
Bugle M In.......I think it wont ever change because the Supreme Court has given them their rights...They will never reverse that decision..Our constitution divides Canada..The Natives never signed on.... the Quebecers have an opt out clause ....and we suck the hind tit...Trying to go against is like trying to break down a wall with your head...The Conservative govt of Stephen Harper didn't change much ..Just the gun laws ..We have literally given our rights of ownership to the Natives...The govts sign treaties giving them ownership first and foremost...We can't put a pipeline through because of Native land claims ...As someone said .....Once our generation is gone it will all but be over for our hunting and fishing Heritage..I for one really depise Canada for not challenging this outcome and agree we are one nation...But you see in reality we are not ..." ONE NATION "...We are 3 going on 4 ...The United Nations can talk about fairness all it wants but I don't see any other country that has given up its sovereignty as has Canada...Jees we are stupid...Dennis

sthdslayer
04-27-2018, 10:58 AM
Here is an article about the lack of leadership that i think sums it up

The issue of pipelines is a key in Canada’s latest crossroads of national seriousness. The country didn’t arise from an anti-colonial revolution, like others in the Americas, or from a unique cultural homogeneity like Norwegians, Finns, Israelis and Czechs. It was a group of British-settled or occupied territories strung along the American border and hastily put together when the U.S. emerged united at last and with the greatest army and generals in the world after its Civil War, and unencumbered with any affection for the British Empire.
John A. Macdonald, the great and racially tolerant founder of the country, and George-Étienne Cartier and George Brown, conceived the only transcontinental, bicultural, parliamentary confederation in the history of the world, and secured its approval by squabbling colonial legislators in what are now four provinces (Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick), and by the British Parliament. Benjamin Disraeli was chancellor of the Exchequer, deputy prime minister and leader of the House of Commons in a government officially led by the Earl of Derby, who as colonial secretary had completely misjudged the issue of responsible government in Canada after the 1837 rebellion. Disraeli and William Ewart Gladstone, in the midst of their great rivalry of more than 35 years (during which they served as prime minister and chancellor a total of 13 times) had little knowledge of Canada, were skeptical about its survival, and Gladstone generally thought the Empire was nonsense anyway. They interrupted the intense debate over the Second Reform Bill, vastly expanding the British electorate, to put Macdonald’s British North America Act through. The colonial secretary, Lord Carnarvon, said they were creating what would eventually be one of the world’s great nations, and the governor general of Canada, Viscount Monck, spoke in the House of Lords in support of it with some eloquence.
but realized the new country needed a national purpose beyond not being American. He soon unveiled his “national policy,” which consisted of setting up more provinces, imposing a tariff that would facilitate the creation of a manufacturing industry, and most ambitiously, building a transcontinental railway that would connect the new country and be the spine of it. This was an immense undertaking: the Americans were pursuing the same objectives but they could lay track on farmland and gentle hills all the way to the Rocky Mountains and had a huge capital market to finance their railways. Canadian Pacific was largely built upon the rock of the Canadian Shield, and Canadian financial markets could finance only about a quarter of the costs. The financial centres of New York and London, where funds would have to be raised, were heavily influenced by forces connected to competing American railroads. Macdonald got his entire program through, and was followed by 15 years of Wilfrid Laurier extending rail service in the country and incentivizing immense waves of immigration. Macdonald and Laurier, prime ministers for 34 of Canada’s first 44 years as a Dominion (there were five prime ministers in the other 10 years), built a credible country, able to play an important and distinguished part in the First World War.Other prime ministers were more than placemen. Robert Borden took the country through the First World War (though he used the English majority to impose conscription on French Canada). Mackenzie King ran always as a figure of French-English conciliation, and got the country through the Second World War without a major split, running a very distinguished war effort, and even taking the lead in urging president Harry Truman and British prime minister Clement Attlee into the Cold War after the Igor Gouzenko affair broke in Canada in 1946. Louis St. Laurent presided over peace and prosperity in the Fifties, Lester Pearson was a wide-ranging reformer. The only reason Pierre Trudeau entered pubic life was to defeat the Quebec separatists, and he did it when no one else could. Brian Mulroney tried unsuccessfully to complete the constitutional process but did succeed in putting through free trade and in moving the basis of federal income from taxes on income to taxes on goods and services, both vital achievements. Jean Chrétien and Paul Martin eliminated the federal deficit and passed the Clarity Act, making provincial secession more complicated after almost losing the 1995 Quebec independence referendum. Stephen Harper tried to shrink the public sector durably by reducing HST. Other leaders governed too briefly to leave much of a mark.

Canada appears completely dysfunctional; a chump among the world’s nations we so tiresomely lecture on their moral duties

https://s2.wp.com/wp-content/themes/vip/postmedia-theme-npfp/images/facebook_solo.svg (https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fnationalpost.com%2Fopini on%2Fconrad-black-an-inability-to-be-a-leader-on-pipelines-will-be-the-ruin-of-justin-trudeau)
https://s2.wp.com/wp-content/themes/vip/postmedia-theme-npfp/images/twitter_solo.svg (https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=%22Canada%20appears%20completely%20dysf unctional%3B%20a%20chump%20among%20the%20world%E2% 80%99s%20nations%20we%20so%20tiresomely%20lecture% 20on%20their%20moral%20duties%22&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnationalpost.com%2Fwcm%2F842f64de-4d05-4562-9fd5-bd2bedcefd54&related=financialpost,fullcomment&via=nationalpost)

For two-and-a-half years, the Justin Trudeau government has been preoccupied with full-body immersion in politically correct pandering to native people, gender warriors, and eco-alarmists, in fiscal extravagance, collective apologies, and Peter Pan posturing in the world. In strategic terms, Canada is a mockery for importing 700,000 barrels of oil a day in eastern Canada while being unable to move oil from Alberta to eastern markets. The accomplished financier and philanthropist Seymour Schulich last week sent round a letter to a Vancouver newspaper from a man in Seattle thanking Canada for the gift of “$100 million a day” because of the low oil price forced on Alberta by British Columbia, by preventing Alberta from exporting oil to world markets. The failure to supply our eastern provinces and to access fully the trans-Pacific markets, squabbling and envious provinces, and the lack of any effective federal leadership are a disgrace that makes Canada appear completely dysfunctional; a chump among the world’s nations we so tiresomely lecture on their moral duties.

I like Justin Trudeau personally and urged readers to vote for him in 2015, because of the Harper autocracy and sclerosis (after a generally successful period as prime minister). While the financially and oratorically extravagant political correctness of the government is grating, there have not been disasters until recently. Failure to get some movement on pipelines will sink this government. The stalling of the Kinder Morgan Trans Mountain pipeline expansion, which would almost triple the flow of Alberta crude oil to the West Coast, to 890,000 barrels daily, and the cancellation of the Energy East pipeline in October of last year, which would have brought more than a million barrels a day east from Alberta and Saskatchewan for refinement and sale or export, are both traceable to the absence of federal leadership.

Underlying the travails of both projects is the moral incapacity to face down the nativist and ecological scaremongers. The natives are ambiguously divided on the Trans Mountain pipeline and do not play an important role in the eastern project. And the climatic debate is nonsense: alleged (completely implausible) danger to 76 orca whales on the southern British Columbia coast, and esoteric discussion about the impact on ability to meet the insane carbon-emission targets we foolishly committed to in the Paris climate agreement. (It doesn’t matter much because the entire fairy tale evaporated with the withdrawal of the United States, while the chief offenders, China and India, charge ahead making no commitment to do anything.) We will find out soon enough if climate is changing, if the world is warming, and if the conduct of man has anything to do with any of it. We need not amuse the world by pre-emptively punishing ourselves as we are.
What is required is a federal enunciation of a right of eminent domain that enables the federal government to fulfill its mandate to provide peace, order and good government. This could require the patient appointment of high court judges who will not be as easily gulled as they have been recently by woeful tales of the ubiquity and fragility of native religion and the susceptibility of nature to the safest of all energy transmission methods. And above all, it will require leadership. It’s showtime for Justin Trudeau; to take a phrase from the Quebec of Pierre Trudeau’s politically formative years: “Un chef ou pas un chef?” (a leader or no leader?).

codeitin
04-27-2018, 12:04 PM
This whole thread is wrong and has nothing to do with hunting. The constitution does not create racism, First Nations should be entitled to equal, but distinct, claims to their own culture, history and land the same way that non-First Nations are, and ironically is the definition of real entitlement that a majority group can feel comfortable calling aboriginal groups asking to be given a legitimate and distinct stake in the country we all share "entitlement". All I am reading here is guys who are reluctant to compromise their way of life but are more than happy to impose that way of life on others, like little kids who are angry that other kids are suddenly being allowed to play different games in their sandbox.

I dislike even dignifying this thread with a response but it pains me to see it floating at the top of the page unopposed - I was hoping it would just get closed .

gutpile
04-27-2018, 12:47 PM
Obviously you haven't lived long enough !

Piperdown
04-27-2018, 04:26 PM
This whole thread is wrong and has nothing to do with hunting. The constitution does not create racism, First Nations should be entitled to equal, but distinct, claims to their own culture, history and land the same way that non-First Nations are, and ironically is the definition of real entitlement that a majority group can feel comfortable calling aboriginal groups asking to be given a legitimate and distinct stake in the country we all share "entitlement". All I am reading here is guys who are reluctant to compromise their way of life but are more than happy to impose that way of life on others, like little kids who are angry that other kids are suddenly being allowed to play different games in their sandbox.

I dislike even dignifying this thread with a response but it pains me to see it floating at the top of the page unopposed - I was hoping it would just get closed .

Man i am really enjoying all your hunting stories and pictures can you please post some more up

j270wsm
04-27-2018, 04:53 PM

I wish I was like you, and seen rainbows and lollipops through every window

No one is saying that natives can't/shouldn't keep their culture, or have rights!!! What they are saying is that they should be given special treatment! After all, they are Canadian just like the rest of us. They shouldn't be given a slap on the wrist for doing something that the rest of us would be in jail for or paying hefty fines. I personally feel that handing money to people for doing nothing creates entitlement.

Jelvis
04-27-2018, 05:21 PM
Hey 270 if you think Indians are doing nothing, you haven't been around much in actual vision or you would understand each one is like everyone else. we're all human beings that hunt, the hunting part is what we understand and are wise on because of HBC and it's many diverse members.
-- So many members on HBC now, no one would know who was actually typing.
- some people dig that.
Typing is better than talking, a person can explain things more clear and focus on the subject.
Jel -- if I had a cell phone I would text if I needed to explain something important.

RyoTHC
04-27-2018, 05:23 PM
IMO With the Confederation of Canada and the addition of provinces over the following years the FN were a conquered people aswell as the French and any other peoples opposing the confederation and Canada.

Assimilate

My guess is none, ever.

Jelvis
04-27-2018, 05:31 PM
Scottish and Irish moved into Canada like run a ways out of Europe escaping the wars coming to a peaceful land with friendly Indians and found out they were lost, hence New Found Land -- Hahahahahaha lol -- oh well no price tag No Real Estate Sign so nobody owns now until we got here whoa. blimey mate.
Jel -- The Scottish wore dresses kinda like and thee Irish had blue eyes and white shiny hair whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaa?

quadrakid
04-27-2018, 06:00 PM
you fellows who think everybody should be treated the same are on the right track. Problem is one group has not been treated fairly for about four hundred years.

Jelvis
04-27-2018, 06:06 PM
The French are strong people, they pretty well took over their spot in Canucksville, Qwwwwwwwwww Beck Mon Am meee.
Plus the only Official language of Canada is French, you'd have know that by now? lol
Jelly Brew Fronz -- EH!

codeitin
04-27-2018, 06:15 PM
I wish I was like you, and seen rainbows and lollipops through every window

No one is saying that natives can't/shouldn't keep their culture, or have rights!!! What they are saying is that they should be given special treatment! After all, they are Canadian just like the rest of us. They shouldn't be given a slap on the wrist for doing something that the rest of us would be in jail for or paying hefty fines. I personally feel that handing money to people for doing nothing creates entitlement.

I get it, there are a lot of problems with the current system I think most everyone would agree, but cutting off support and saying ‘here are the terms to your equality, deal with it’ is not a responsible or effective solution, and as Canadians we should be able to work together to negotiate, not impose, a resolution with First Nations.

codeitin
04-27-2018, 06:20 PM
Man i am really enjoying all your hunting stories and pictures can you please post some more up

Looking forward to posting some! Believe me when I say as a newb I would be thrilled if the only content to contribute here was hunting stories, pictures, and conservation information.

Jelvis
04-27-2018, 06:30 PM
Lots more on HBC than hunting stories with members from every inch of BC, covering every MU.
-- Hunting season lasts all year now lol, LEH and GOS with preds and whad ever Eh! Butt members have a full life like all others do.
- some retired
HBC talks pretty well on anything humanly possible Hahahahaha and the Mods do the watching .
-- Good to have yah a board code, hope you can use delightful words all the time lol it never happens hey!
Jel - in Kammy Land --

Pemby_mess
04-27-2018, 07:02 PM
Our nation and other western nations need to realize, none of this is going to stop, its going to get much much worse in the future taking the route we are on. A change in political party, or leader will not change this. We have to get to the root of what's driving these policies and that is far left philosophy, way of thinking, the identity politics that's being taught in our schools and higher education. The BC government has overhauled the entire education system recently, the biggest change to the education system in its history, and its all filled with far left activism and identity politics ideology, white privilege, gender fluid theory, all of it. These ideas are instilling a world view in our youth, describing the world as nothing but systems oppressor and oppressed groups and its their job to overcome it with far left activism and policy. These world views strip people of their individuality and label them under their group identity membership, and push for actions based on those groups.

The west was founded on the importance of the individual, and this is why we are a successful culture.

These ideologies destroy this cultural foundation and push people into group identities and tribes. Humanity has a very strong natural push towards tribalism, which can and has lead us to some very dark places and its something we have to work at to avoid. These ideologies are laying the groundwork and pushing society at large to indulge in this tribalism.

We need to take a serious look at whats being pushed in education and media these days because it has some serious potential to uproot this good thing we got going on over here.
It's not going away with just a change in political party.

are you actually speaking from recent experience with the education system? Or are you being informed by columnists with a touch of paranoid psychosis?

What about private schools; have they too been high-jacked by the left?

could it be there are some on the right that have gone a little too far into the stands trying to catch the fly-ball? Cause if that's the case, those even on the right may look a little too far left from the frame of someone who's left the ball-park. Where's the center these days?

ACE
04-27-2018, 07:03 PM
you fellows who think everybody should be treated the same are on the right track. Problem is one group has not been treated fairly for about four hundred years.

At what point does someone/group cease to consider themselves a victim and participate in the conglomerate culture of this country.
Assimilation may be the only way to move into the future. Canada is becoming more and more fractured by politicians and governments.

Jelvis
04-27-2018, 07:35 PM
I've noticed one area that people do and I do it too if I think too much about something I can't change.
-- for instance -- You have to let others make their own mistakes and let them live their own life.
worrying won't help. Pray and then trust
then try to forget the best you can ,, remind yourself, I'm not there to help if needed, what is happening their late, shit like this over and over is not needed.
-- One thing I noticed most humans feel sorry for others and themselves, but have a problem changing anything, cause and effect.
-- planning ahead, can't
-- talk negative thinking it makes them humble, " I'm not good enuff for that or this, he or she's better, I am nothing, a loser -- things like that not good.
So keep active, ride stationary bike, keep busy.
-- instead of feeling sorry and sympathy, no action, feel empathy sorrow with action, gift, money, food, help. Then you really do something otherwise blowin hot air!
-- Jel -- a lil off topic butt it fits in -- It's five O'Clock some where -- What wood Jimmy Buffet do?

Norwestalta
04-27-2018, 07:36 PM
Nothing new but the white heterosexual blue collar working man is the most discriminated against person in Canada. The Indians better enjoy their lifestyles now because with the influx of new Canadians things are gonna change. I don’t think the Indians will like it much either.

Jelvis
04-27-2018, 07:44 PM
The Metis is where we got the shaft- out here in Britis Columbeah, the French mixed with the Indians and basically took over the mid east.
--Metis in Flench means -- Mixed Blood -- used to be Indians and Flench, now it means mixed blood of any type means Metis ' so dig it.
Jello -- French Vanilla comes from Qweee Beck -- French toast, French coffee, French fries, French kisses and on and on and on and on and on and on and on
---------- Polly Voo Fronz Zay? --------------------------------------------- Chow -- Yah don't screw with a Metis" iz whad I'm hearing out here in Shuswap Land.

04-27-2018, 08:05 PM
are you actually speaking from recent experience with the education system? Or are you being informed by columnists with a touch of paranoid psychosis?

could it be there are some on the right that have gone a little too far into the stands trying to catch the fly-ball? Cause if that's the case, those even on the right may look a little too far left from the frame of someone who's left the ball-park. Where's the center these days?

Last year at the end of grade 5 my son’s elementary school requested that he choose his favourite photo from kindergarten, and his favourite from grade 5. The grade 5 photo he chose was him posing with the black bear he had shot that spring. The school refused to put it on the montage, as they were afraid people might find it offensive. Fast forward to the beginning of grade 6 at another school, and within the first couple of weeks, his class had a transsexual guest speaker.

My my daughters teacher (grade 4), told her class the Kinder Morgen pipeline is bad.

I have definitely found the school school system to be left-leaning.

Jelvis
04-27-2018, 08:16 PM
Bi-sexuals seem to be every where in Kammy Nor Shore for sure, lots, and not afraid to approach at times talking at you whoa! Slow down --
Anyways Kamloops is a Pride Town and Gay friendly and we got a Pride Parade if your door swings more than one way eh -- two -- and now 3 ways --
Jel -- Not my bag butts Eh! -- If it goes out here but it's in Kammy not the Nor Shore. Be five ways by next year the way it's going hahahaha ----------

358mag
04-27-2018, 08:24 PM
Last year at the end of grade 5 my son’s elementary school requested that he choose his favourite photo from kindergarten, and his favourite from grade 5. The grade 5 photo he chose was him posing with the black bear he had shot that spring. The school refused to put it on the montage, as they were afraid people might find it offensive. Fast forward to the beginning of grade 6 at another school, and within the first couple of weeks, his class had a transsexual guest speaker.

My my daughters teacher (grade 4), told her class the Kinder Morgen pipeline is bad.

Yes but the left - leaning think the school system is just fine .

Sirloin
04-27-2018, 08:25 PM

Typical.

Don't pretend like we haven't seen all the insane far left activism and policy coming from our universities and colleges, the last two years especially.

I see you like to fish but I won't bite.
I will say I do my research and I have the information in my own hands. I have the curriculum's, their K to 6 mock "colonization" plays. I have the far left activist teachers twitter accounts logged, proclaim in their own words its their duty to bring activism into the school system for the kids to change society. I have their lesson plans teaching young kids its their duty to "de-colonize" Canada. I have logged their own recommendations(on BC school resources) to far left groups including self proclaimed open-borders anti capitalist fringe activists groups, who in turn on social media tweet out calls to join antifa's protests of violence, publish links and posts from the communist party of Canada. I have journals from marxist BC professors claiming their goals with social justice (grouping and identity politics) is to agitate and prime the public to overthrow its systems of capitalism for their socialist utopia.

Things currently in our universities and school system I would consider of the far left activist persuasion:
white privilege
teaching students to view life through a lens of oppressor and oppressed
implicit/unconscious bias
third wave feminism and intersectionality theory
critical racial theory
microagressions
becoming an "ally" (social justice activist)
equity (equality of outcome, THE far left ideological goal)
equity seeking groups
color blindness (treating everyone equally) is bad
"reverse racism" is a lie (whites can't experience racism towards them)
the gender spectrum
The history of Canada is a "social construct" (or lies)
gender being "assigned" at birth
gender fluidity
I have work sheets advocating elementary students to join black lives matter groups.

The entire SOGI 123 curriculum....

BC teacher federations own description:
"The BCTF has created the LGBTQ Action Group to help support you in your work as teachers or social justice activists. "
"The BCTF is proud of its history as a social justice union....A social justice union advocates for social change that will enhance equity, security and safety, sustainability of communities, participation of citizens in social change"

Here's a funny example from the BCTF's own policy...

"4. Equal opportunity to participate in the Federation does not mean treating all members the same. Within ademocratic framework, promoting the engagement of members of equity-seeking groups is a valid and
necessary approach to reaching equal outcomes. "

Equity, enforced equal outcomes, even if it means stepping on the heads of some. This is THE far left core idea.

"Gender-neutral language
That the BCTF encourage all attendees and speakers, including invited quests, at BCTF meetings to use genderneutral
language and provide a list of suggested terms."

So when did the province of BC agree upon letting teachers in the public school system run their far left social engineering programs and advocate that the youth engage in left wing activism?
Here's an example for your entertainment, given its from the US. It's a marxist professor praising marx as "one of the most profound thinkers in western philosophy" and calling for a violent overthrow of "white supremacist, patriarchal, hetero normative, capitalist system of democracy" of America.

https://www.facebook.com/FilmYourMarxistProfessors/videos/151852405588824/

We all know very well what far right extremism looks like, and agree to stay away from it.
It's time we all learn what far left extremism looks like, because its currently rotting our public institutions.

Where is the center these days indeed.

horshur
04-27-2018, 09:18 PM
Thanks!.....

gutpile
04-27-2018, 09:40 PM
Nothing new but the white heterosexual blue collar working man is the most discriminated against person in Canada. The Indians better enjoy their lifestyles now because with the influx of new Canadians things are gonna change. I don’t think the Indians will like it much either.You are right with that , things won't get better with the Indians with the changing culture that is taking place in this country .

gutpile
04-27-2018, 09:57 PM
Bi-sexuals seem to be every where in Kammy Nor Shore for sure, lots, and not afraid to approach at times talking at you whoa! Slow down --
Anyways Kamloops is a Pride Town and Gay friendly and we got a Pride Parade if your door swings more than one way eh -- two -- and now 3 ways --
Jel -- Not my bag butts Eh! -- If it goes out here but it's in Kammy not the Nor Shore. Be five ways by next year the way it's going hahahaha ----------
Hey Jel - butt are you going to be in the pride ? maybe a drag Queen ambassador for kammy hunters Haha

JDR
04-27-2018, 10:03 PM

It most definitely is. Just wait until they hit high school when they start teaching them social justice.

sparky300winmag
04-27-2018, 11:56 PM
I was never opposed to giving the FN having a claim to their own culture. Have at’er but should the government fork out 10 plus million $$ so they can learn their native tongue , why is this our ( non- native ) people of Canada’s responsibility to pay ? And your f#@king rights the rules in the sandbox should be the same for every fkn ethnic group.

sparky300winmag
04-28-2018, 12:04 AM
It’s called conquering , how long do the rest of Canadians have To finance one ethnic group ? FN takes no responsibility for themselves. Always governments fault and guess what , it is . Should have turned off the taps along time ago

RadHimself
04-28-2018, 06:55 AM
Sthdslayer - care to pm me where u found that article? Its great

its said to see how disollusioned some people really are these days

my grandfather must be rolling in his grave

I’AM going to be like Clint Eastwood in “Gran Torino” way sooner then i ever thought possible

this country is the laughing stock of the world....

Why am i proud to be canadian again?

Sirloin
04-28-2018, 08:59 AM

Quick example of what I would consider far left activism in BC classrooms.
For children kindergarten to grade 3:

Lesson Plan: Gender Identity and PronounsGrade: Adaptable for K-3 Subject: ELA / Social Studies / PHE
Suggested prior lesson: Expanding Notions of Gender in Early Primary

Rationale
Storybooks are an excellent way to learn about ourselves as well as the world around us. By incorporating books with gender-diverse characters in the classroom, students will appreciate the gender spectrum, fluidity, and the use of gender pronouns. Students who do not identify within a rigid gender binary or with the gender they were assigned at birth may feel validated by seeing their lived experience respectfully represented in the classroom.
Everyone has a unique story to share. Stories help us learn about ourselves, our families, and other people. Curiosity and wonder leads us to new discoveries about ourselves and the world around us. By reading 10,000 Dresses, we build personal and social competency, respect for difference and acknowledgement of gender diversity and gender identity.

Student Objectives
Students will be able to comprehend and connect with the story through reading, listening, and viewing. Students will begin to develop an understanding of gender identity. Students will engage as listeners, viewers and readers to develop an understanding of the use of gender pronouns, “she”, “he”, and “they.” Students will begin to appreciate that when we use a person’s correct gender pronouns, we respect that person and validate their gender identity. Using the role-play activity, students will be able to draw connections based on prior knowledge, comprehend various elements within the story, and draw connections between the story and the world around them.

Teacher Notes
Discussions and role-play activity should take place during one lesson
See part 2 for worksheet activities to take place on a separate day

Read-Aloud: 20 minutes
1. Prior to reading the story, ask students to make some predictions based on the cover and title of the story and to keep things in the back of their minds for discussion and worksheets afterwards
Ask students, “Based on the cover, what do we think we know about Bailey?” If the students make guesses about gender, ask what clues they are using.

2. Read the story as a class
a) During the read-aloud possible questions to ask students:
(At various points in the story) How do you think Bailey is feeling right now?
If you were Bailey’s friend, what would you say to her?
What do you think Bailey should do?

Discussion: 15-20 minutes
1) Have these sentences pre-written on the board or chart paper. “Bailey loved the dress with all her heart.” “She went to find her mother.” Show students the page, then show and read the sentences and ask what clues tell us that Bailey is a girl. Discuss how pronouns help us to talk without saying a person’s name over and over. Think of some other examples with students.

2) Turn to page 9. Explain to students that this is a really interesting page because Bailey’s mom says that Bailey is a boy. A little while later, Bailey’s father and brother also call her a boy. Ask students:
Why do you think they do that?
What do you think it means when Bailey says she “doesn’t feel like a boy”?

Role Play Extension
Explain role-play pronoun activity with students as a group. Each student will get a piece of paper with a person’s name and pronoun. As students walk around the classroom, everyone will take turns introducing themselves and asking each other what their name and pronouns are (based on their cards). To demonstrate, the teacher will choose a student volunteer and each take a name/pronoun card.

Teacher: Hi, what is your name?
Student (reading from card): My name is Alex (for example).
Teacher: Nice to meet you, Alex. Do you want me to call you he, she, or they?
Student: Please call me they.

Take this opportunity to see if students have any questions.

Student Activity: 5 minutes
Hand out name/pronoun cards (try not to use familiar student names) to students and ask everybody to walk around the classroom and introduce themselves/ask each other what their names are and what pronouns they should use (based on the cards). Remind them that in this game we’re pretending to be other people and not ourselves. If students start to get silly or act out gender stereotypes (based on their card) take this as an opportunity to discuss this – for example, explaining how acting out a specific group of people or particular person in an exaggerated way isn’t real and can be hurtful.

Student Activity: 30 minutes
After reading the story, ask students to work on worksheet(s). Worksheets may be spread out over many lessons or used as teacher sees fit:

Ask students to design (using crayons or pencil crayons) a dress for Bailey, using elements from the story and other outside knowledge. Discourage students from drastically altering Bailey’s appearance (i.e. do not “make her into a boy” or overtly change her hair or physical appearance). Should this occur, begin a group discussion on respecting Bailey by designing a dress that she would like. Discussion may also lead to gender fluidity – boys and girls do not look, behave, or feel just one certain way. “Bailey is/can/feels”, “I see, I think, I wonder…” and “Predicting character feelings” asks students to draw upon their predictions prior to reading the story, thoughts and curiosities while reading the story, and any conclusions, lingering thoughts, or future predictions after the story.

And teaching "gender fluid" concepts to very young children.

Introducing the Gender Rainbow (Gender Diversity) with the Book, “A Princess of Great Daring!”

Grade Level: pre-K K 1 2 3 4

Before reading:
1. Ask students what the word gender means (brainstorm and record on chart paper).

2. Sample teacher response: “Your gender identity is your inside sense or feeling of being a girl, a boy, both a girl and a boy or neither a boy or a girl. This is different from liking to play with “boy” things or “girl” things or liking “girls” or “boys” clothes. This is about who you know yourself to be. We know that toys, games and clothes are for all kids anyways, there’s no such thing as just boys’ or girls’ things.

3. Use a rainbow to bridge the understanding that there are many gender identities that make up the gender rainbow. The rainbow colours can be used to introduce students to the spectrum of gender identities that exist in all cultures. Show students a picture of a rainbow and note different gender identities as you point to colours (girl, boy, both, neither and some people are gender fluid and their gender changes on different days and weeks). You may also want to introduce Two-Spirit (see glossary) or provide a stand-alone lesson (contact an Aboriginal educator or Elder from your district or community). Record these gender identities on the chart paper.

Redthies
04-28-2018, 11:03 AM
Nothing new but the white heterosexual blue collar working man is the most discriminated against person in Canada.

I was 2 or 3 posts into this thread before I wanted to say exactly that.

The problem is that in the past, our forefathers took no prisoners, and in today’s political climate, it is deemed necessary to make amends for past acts. The pendulum has swung to the far opposite side now and it will be a while before it comes back to center.

Sirloin
04-28-2018, 11:31 AM
Here are some examples relating to the original post. I believe our schools are priming the youth with guilt and resentment for a national Canadian identity. When the time comes they will be willing to vote away our public lands with a smile on their face. Here is why.

https://i.imgur.com/WwYAXW1.png

https://i.imgur.com/xgyBpNm.png
https://i.imgur.com/peecLmJ.png

This one is from an elementary school in Port Coquitlam.

https://i.imgur.com/dboDkFt.jpg

This one was from a different location, not sure which school.

https://i.imgur.com/3062REY.jpg

"I Am Here": Colonial Matters (YouthMADE)
Introduces colonization and ideas related to the social construction of history for high school students.

First Nations Treaty Boardgame
Players progress through the six stages of the British Columbia Treaty Process and achieve a final agreement with the federal and provincial governments by being the first player to enter the final circle.

Summary:Players progress through the six stages of the British Columbia Treaty Process and achieve a final agreement with the federal and provincial governments by being the first player to enter the final circle. They learn the terms used in negotiations as they move from one traditional village to another. Maps locate the villages within the traditional territory

How long do you think our public lands will be available for us to hunt on when these coming generations make their mark?

Norwestalta
04-28-2018, 06:29 PM
I was 2 or 3 posts into this thread before I wanted to say exactly that.

The problem is that in the past, our forefathers took no prisoners, and in today’s political climate, it is deemed necessary to make amends for past acts. The pendulum has swung to the far opposite side now and it will be a while before it comes back to center.

A guy can only hope that the pendulum swings back. I do know that I’m ashamed of what is happening in our country and I’m happy that my forefathers have passed on and don’t have to see what is becoming or has become of the country that they settled.

Piperdown
04-28-2018, 06:43 PM
Looking forward to posting some! Believe me when I say as a newb I would be thrilled if the only content to contribute here was hunting stories, pictures, and conservation information.

Then post em op or shut up

Piperdown
04-28-2018, 06:47 PM
Nothing new but the white heterosexual blue collar working man is the most discriminated against person in Canada. The Indians better enjoy their lifestyles now because with the influx of new Canadians things are gonna change. I don’t think the Indians will like it much either.

Amen to that brudder !

Norwestalta
04-28-2018, 07:34 PM

I may get fĺamed for this but there is more important things then hunting stories unfortunately. I'm gonna assume that you're a young fella and might not have noticed how things have regressed in the last 15 years. I'm using this 15 years because that is when I've noticed that the changes in society has really sped up and kind of become a snowball effect. It would be best to pay attention as the changes affect everyone. It is more than hunting heritage that is affected. It is right down to many of our livelihoods that puts grub in our families bellies that is at risk.

Pemby_mess
04-29-2018, 07:56 AM
At what point does someone/group cease to consider themselves a victim and participate in the conglomerate culture of this country.
Assimilation may be the only way to move into the future. Canada is becoming more and more fractured by politicians and governments.

Assimilation may be the only way to move into the future

same thing has been said for over 100 years, and is the reason First Nation relations are in the state they're in. Some might argue that FN can participate in conglomerated Canadian culture more effectively without forced assimilation.

HarryToolips
04-29-2018, 08:09 AM
Here are some examples relating to the original post. I believe our schools are priming the youth with guilt and resentment for a national Canadian identity. When the time comes they will be willing to vote away our public lands with a smile on their face. Here is why.

https://i.imgur.com/WwYAXW1.png

https://i.imgur.com/xgyBpNm.png
https://i.imgur.com/peecLmJ.png

This one is from an elementary school in Port Coquitlam.

This one was from a different location, not sure which school.

https://i.imgur.com/3062REY.jpg

How long do you think our public lands will be available for us to hunt on when these coming generations make their mark?
The BCTF should be ashamed of themselves, absolutely disgusting..

Pemby_mess
04-29-2018, 08:18 AM

Assimilate

Conquered? This is obviously where the school system could do a lot better. Cause when the British conquered people, they were always sure to sign terms of surrender consistent with British law. It was a big part of their success with colonization. So what were those negotiated terms? Oh yeah, the entitlements everybody loves to complain about! So if Canada violates those terms, why do the FN still have to live up to their side of the now defunct contract?

In BC there was no formal surrender. The Indian act was levered onto to the people here unilaterally, using prior treaty negotiation as its fundamental framework. However, it's unilateral nature is why many groups consider themselves to be living in occupied territory. That viewpoint is actually quite consistent with British common law which we all purport to live by. Title for the land, can't be shown to have passed to the Crown in good faith.

So some on here want the FN released from a unilateral contract, and all the benefits and obligations it prescribes, in the interest of "equality". Don't we then have to give up the consideration we received as part of the invalidated contract? Afterall that would be indicated if it's actually equality we're pursuing.

338win mag
04-29-2018, 08:57 AM
The BCTF is a lost cause....teach your children yourself as they have lost the ability to teach, or my kids anyways.....

as for a conquered people, dont think so, and as it pertains to BC it can be argued that BC violated the "terms of union" in a number of ways, before entering into a partnership with the dominion of Canada and this is why we are in this situation in this province.

The non-native people who came here were not seeking to conquer anyone, so how can they be conquering anyone?

Picking and choosing a relationship with another entity where you cant tell where one begins and where one ends,, I'm not sure how an entity conquers another entity while at the same time riding in the same canoe together.....

The reason for "hunting rights" enshrined in the constitution is.......So that when Canada decides to let massive amounts of foreigners into the country or better yet an open border, that the hunting of Canada's native people will continue to exist, not so some dude can go out and decimate any game populations of any species, for any reason.

labguy
04-29-2018, 09:12 AM
Conquered? This is obviously where the school system could do a lot better. Cause when the British conquered people, they were always sure to sign terms of surrender consistent with British law. It was a big part of their success with colonization. So what were those negotiated terms? Oh yeah, the entitlements everybody loves to complain about! So if Canada violates those terms, why do the FN still have to live up to their side of the now defunct contract?

In BC there was no formal surrender. The Indian act was levered onto to the people here unilaterally, using prior treaty negotiation as its fundamental framework. However, it's unilateral nature is why many groups consider themselves to be living in occupied territory. That viewpoint is actually quite consistent with British common law which we all purport to live by. Title for the land, can't be shown to have passed to the Crown in good faith.

So some on here want the FN released from a unilateral contract, and all the benefits and obligations it prescribes, in the interest of "equality". Don't we then have to give up the consideration we received as part of the invalidated contract? Afterall that would be indicated if it's actually equality we're pursuing.

Well, you pretty well nailed it with this post. We (the government of Canada) set the rules according to law. They (natives) are simply operating within the confines and constructs that we set forth in law.

As much as it irks me to see the continual erosion of our lifestyle, you gotta hand it to the natives who have learned very well how to use the system we initiated to the detriment of us whiteys.

Short of another uprising we will continue to see more and more of the things we took for granted disappear. Get used to it......

Norwestalta
04-29-2018, 09:39 AM
Well, you pretty well nailed it with this post. We (the government of Canada) set the rules according to law. They (natives) are simply operating within the confines and constructs that we set forth in law.

As much as it irks me to see the continual erosion of our lifestyle, you gotta hand it to the natives who have learned very well how to use the system we initiated to the detriment of us whiteys.

Short of another uprising we will continue to see more and more of the things we took for granted disappear. Get used to it......

Uprising? As if that’ll happen. The ones that care the most and could potentially lead a uprising are old. The new generation that this is gonna affect the most is to indoctrinated by the values that the un has instintuited in society with their mandate for globalization. It’s taught in schools and in the near future it’ll be taught in almost every home.

338win mag
04-29-2018, 09:59 AM
Uprising? As if that’ll happen. The ones that care the most and could potentially lead a uprising are old. The new generation that this is gonna affect the most is to indoctrinated by the values that the un has instintuited in society with their mandate for globalization. It’s taught in schools and in the near future it’ll be taught in almost every home.
If you want your kids to be educated in the manner you wish then it is up to YOU to do so, thats what the dinner table is for.

A fair comparison is what the people of the deep south are going through right now, the institutions that their forefathers created are being torn down or outright destroyed in a very short time, not by the native people but by a foreign entity and its doubtful anyone or anything is going to put that genie back in the bottle, Trump can only slow it down, then its coming anyways.
Whether one agrees with the people who define the "southern people" or not doesn't matter, fact is its changing and its being rammed through and folks there are pissed off.

Norwestalta
04-29-2018, 10:09 AM
If you want your kids to be educated in the manner you wish then it is up to YOU to do so, thats what the dinner table is for.

A fair comparison is what the people of the deep south are going through right now, the institutions that their forefathers created are being torn down or outright destroyed in a very short time, not by the native people but by a foreign entity and its doubtful anyone or anything is going to put that genie back in the bottle, Trump can only slow it down, then its coming anyways.
Whether one agrees with the people who define the "southern people" or not doesn't matter, fact is its changing and its being rammed through and folks there are pissed off.

You are right. I did educate my kids in my morals and believes but I often wonder how my kids kids are going to be raised. One can only hope for the best I suppose.

People here are pissed off as well but Canadians in general are docile. Many myself included will come onto a forum such as this or in the days past would sit around the coffee table and whine, moan and bitch that things aren't right. The southern folks at least some believe in 30-06 recall when things are getting out of hand. Right or wrong I prefer not to comment.

338win mag
04-29-2018, 10:21 AM
You are right. I did educate my kids in my morals and believes but I often wonder how my kids kids are going to be raised. One can only hope for the best I suppose.

People here are pissed off as well but Canadians in general are docile. Many myself included will come onto a forum such as this or in the days past would sit around the coffee table and whine, moan and bitch that things aren't right. The southern folks at least some believe in 30-06 recall when things are getting out of hand. Right or wrong I prefer not to comment.
Canadians are docile, yes, and more and more were being closed in and I'm afraid were simply going to get voted out by the foreigners entering en masse into this country.
I really believe the 30-06 recall which you speak could really happen down south, never heard that before, lol, I like the term.

Sirloin
04-29-2018, 10:31 AM
Are our educators aligning themselves with anti-capitalist "direct action" open-borders activists? Are they aligning themselves with a group who promote's ANTIFA protests? a violent black masked activist group???

Check for yourselves, links below
https://bctf.ca/SocialJustice.aspx?id=21352
https://twitter.com/nooneisillegal
https://noii-van.resist.ca/

https://i.imgur.com/8ZwroLh.jpg

AUG 20 - Here is some of what Montreal antifa did at the same event "no one is illegal" group called their "comrades" tweeted out calls of support for and asking people to follow them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cm4LlQRMkw

Floyd
04-29-2018, 10:38 AM
yeah wake up this two tier system is called the Federal and Provincial Government. why cant i fish cod when i want just because of an ethnic minority on the east coast, i want to fish whenever i want, those are OUR resources. how come i cant cut down a tree and sell it, those are OUR resources, ethnics making billions of dollars and selling it over seas. Logging and Mining closed EXCEPT those in a particular ethnic group. this will probably be last post here too

Norwestalta
04-29-2018, 10:44 AM
Canadians are docile, yes, and more and more were being closed in and I'm afraid were simply going to get voted out by the foreigners entering en masse into this country.
I really believe the 30-06 recall which you speak could really happen down south, never heard that before, lol, I like the term.

This is a for sure thing. As much as I'd like to blame it on the turd I think a guy can probably trace things back to Brian Mulroney and the meech lake accord bs with distinct society legislation. I don't know when the breaking point is gonna happen but I'm sure it will.

You mention voting. The last provincial and federal election has proven to me you are correct. I live reasonably close to a reserve. In previous elections I've never seen a resident from the reserve ever at the polling station. Well imagine the surprise when I go vote and the line up is out the door with reserve residents. 1 1/2 hr wait to vote in which is normally a 5 min deal. Listening to the chatter in the hall clearly demonstrated that very few had any idea what they were voting for but demonstrated who they were told to vote for. Did the chief give them $50 to go vote? Probably imo but can't say for sure.

Pemby_mess
04-29-2018, 10:46 AM
The BCTF is a lost cause....teach your children yourself as they have lost the ability to teach, or my kids anyways.....

as for a conquered people, dont think so, and as it pertains to BC it can be argued that BC violated the "terms of union" in a number of ways, before entering into a partnership with the dominion of Canada and this is why we are in this situation in this province.

The non-native people who came here were not seeking to conquer anyone, so how can they be conquering anyone?

Picking and choosing a relationship with another entity where you cant tell where one begins and where one ends,, I'm not sure how an entity conquers another entity while at the same time riding in the same canoe together.....

The reason for "hunting rights" enshrined in the constitution is.......So that when Canada decides to let massive amounts of foreigners into the country or better yet an open border, that the hunting of Canada's native people will continue to exist, not so some dude can go out and decimate any game populations of any species, for any reason.

WRT the BCTF, it's the political arm of employees that also happen to be teachers. I think it's important when discussing teaching as a profession, to think about it in isolation from the politics of a teacher's union. Teachers would be well to do the same when they think of their proffesion, and I think most do to a varied extent. If the politics starts to bleed into the profession, It seems reasonable for people to push back on that to some degree. Falsehoods being taught to students, should obviously be discouraged in any way possible, irrespective of their political hue.

I don't think teaching students about the historical details of Canada's colonization and its inherent contentions, falls into the category of political activism. How students feel about those details should be left to them as individuals, ideally with the help interpreting them assigned mostly to their parents. However, problems occur when the students' feelings about the facts are countered with falsehoods at home. Teachers are then left in a precarious position, and the resulting frustration probably manifests into classroom political tactics; where the facts become subservient to those primaries.

whether BC settlers sought to conquer anybody or not, their government did it for them through treaty negotiation and enacting the Indian legislation. In either respect, the confederation's political goal was to empty the land resource by allowing the occasional "traditional" use of its original inhabitants, while providing modern Western benefits in perpetuity, exchanged for loss of the exclusive use suffered by the natives. One can only guess if the politicians of the day had any intention of following through, but the FN certainly seem intent on holding them to the spirit of those promises. These agreements had inconsistent criteria for consent, therefore becoming legally suspect when anylyzed.

In BC, there was almost no consent obtained. If you're wondering why consent even matters when it involves one culture supersceding an other; it's because without it, you set the stage for a future insurgency. The British knew this from prior colonial experience, and is the basis for which their empire stood. Hence the guidelines set forth in the "royal proclamation" of 1764. The US has had problems in its colonial aspirations precisely because of its repeated failure to understand this idea, despite how successful brute force may have been in solving their "Indian problem"

Now, Canadians are complaining both about the price they paid for something 150 years ago ,and that which they were paid with, in the case of the FN. Which is fine, but as a buyer, you typically don't get a better deal when you re-negotiate.

Picking and choosing a relationship with another entity where you cant tell where one begins and where one ends,, I'm not sure how an entity conquers another entity while at the same time riding in the same canoe together.

This is actually a really interesting analogy for this discussion, because it probably reflects precisely the spirit under which most aboriginal groups thought they were negotiating. In most of the early treaty negotiations, "two rows of wampum" was the analogy used. Two seperate lines, tied together in destiny. The canoe is similar although semantically different, and was probably used just as often. Both by resource hungry Europeans and the original posessors of the land. Which makes a lot of sense when you look at the context of early settler-FN relations. Both were intractably tied economically, and through warfare. The more enlightened, prescient aboriginal leaders saw extensive benefits of Euro trade and technology, while cautiously optimistic that they could mitigate the most costly consequences of their engagement with Europeans through negotiation.

By the time the Federal Indian act came into affect, aboriginals were seen to be a burden more than an equal partner, owing to their recent minority status, (accelerated by various European policies) and loss of control over the land base. The Indian act, was a carrot and stick approach to negotiation, with a lot more stick than carrot.

Now that we have eliminated some of the sticks being used, some of us are complaining about the cost of carrots. We should remember that our donkey in this case has some sticks too! If we cut the carrots off, I don't imagine it'll be content to starve to death in its stall.

wildcatter
04-29-2018, 11:00 AM
Typical.

Don't pretend like we haven't seen all the insane far left activism and policy coming from our universities and colleges, the last two years especially.

I see you like to fish but I won't bite.
I will say I do my research and I have the information in my own hands. I have the curriculum's, their K to 6 mock "colonization" plays. I have the far left activist teachers twitter accounts logged, proclaim in their own words its their duty to bring activism into the school system for the kids to change society. I have their lesson plans teaching young kids its their duty to "de-colonize" Canada. I have logged their own recommendations(on BC school resources) to far left groups including self proclaimed open-borders anti capitalist fringe activists groups, who in turn on social media tweet out calls to join antifa's protests of violence, publish links and posts from the communist party of Canada. I have journals from marxist BC professors claiming their goals with social justice (grouping and identity politics) is to agitate and prime the public to overthrow its systems of capitalism for their socialist utopia.

Things currently in our universities and school system I would consider of the far left activist persuasion:
white privilege
teaching students to view life through a lens of oppressor and oppressed
implicit/unconscious bias
third wave feminism and intersectionality theory
critical racial theory
microagressions
becoming an "ally" (social justice activist)
equity (equality of outcome, THE far left ideological goal)
equity seeking groups
color blindness (treating everyone equally) is bad
"reverse racism" is a lie (whites can't experience racism towards them)
the gender spectrum
The history of Canada is a "social construct" (or lies)
gender being "assigned" at birth
gender fluidity
I have work sheets advocating elementary students to join black lives matter groups.

The entire SOGI 123 curriculum....

BC teacher federations own description:
"The BCTF has created the LGBTQ Action Group to help support you in your work as teachers or social justice activists. "
"The BCTF is proud of its history as a social justice union....A social justice union advocates for social change that will enhance equity, security and safety, sustainability of communities, participation of citizens in social change"

Here's a funny example from the BCTF's own policy...

"4. Equal opportunity to participate in the Federation does not mean treating all members the same. Within ademocratic framework, promoting the engagement of members of equity-seeking groups is a valid and
necessary approach to reaching equal outcomes. "

Equity, enforced equal outcomes, even if it means stepping on the heads of some. This is THE far left core idea.

"Gender-neutral language
That the BCTF encourage all attendees and speakers, including invited quests, at BCTF meetings to use genderneutral
language and provide a list of suggested terms."

So when did the province of BC agree upon letting teachers in the public school system run their far left social engineering programs and advocate that the youth engage in left wing activism?
Here's an example for your entertainment, given its from the US. It's a marxist professor praising marx as "one of the most profound thinkers in western philosophy" and calling for a violent overthrow of "white supremacist, patriarchal, hetero normative, capitalist system of democracy" of America.

https://www.facebook.com/FilmYourMarxistProfessors/videos/151852405588824/

We all know very well what far right extremism looks like, and agree to stay away from it.
It's time we all learn what far left extremism looks like, because its currently rotting our public institutions.

Where is the center these days indeed.

The whole western world is sliding towards the left, including Europe.
The UN has much to do with it.
As for the education system, see for yourself:

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/DP13RTOWsAEUdd2.jpg

Quote from that ticket, in case you don't read it all:

"Fewer than 1% of ETFO are open with their identities, though some survey
suggest as much as half of the public secretly identifies as LGBT to some extent"

Pemby_mess
04-29-2018, 11:05 AM

One might consider why Canada puts so much time and energy into the North and the Arctic. If the people living up there get a better deal from the Russians, or the Chinese do you think their loyalty to Canada is enough to keep them in the union? If we exert our sovereignty through continuing disenfranchisement of a people whom I assure you, do indeed consider themselves distinct, it represents an enormous liability to all of us.

Pemby_mess
04-29-2018, 11:09 AM

How'd that work out for them the last time?

Sirloin
04-29-2018, 11:21 AM
WRT the BCTF, it's the political arm of employees that also happen to be teachers. I think it's important when discussing teaching as a profession, to think about it in isolation from the politics of a teacher's union. Teachers would be well to do the same when they think of their proffesion, and I think most do to a varied extent. If the politics starts to bleed into the profession, It seems reasonable for people to push back on that to some degree. Falsehoods being taught to students, should obviously be discouraged in any way possible, irrespective of their political hue.

What was that about politics bleeding into the classroom again?

https://i.imgur.com/gC1iQlw.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/I3TmdKC.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/RMnmAxq.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/gxcIStq.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/NSGYV1b.jpg

Norwestalta
04-29-2018, 11:28 AM
How'd that work out for them the last time?

I don't know what last time you are talking about but gonna figure that it had a desired effect and probably made a polictian think twice about how he is gonna serve his constituents. I don't nessecarily think it's right but I do think that the southern folks don't just sit back and complain but rather they take action.

I do understand your comment about the north/arctic but are we not one and all Canadian? Why should one demographic be more distinct then another?

Pemby_mess
04-29-2018, 12:02 PM
I don't know what last time you are talking about but gonna figure that it had a desired effect and probably made a polictian think twice about how he is gonna serve his constituents. I don't nessecarily think it's right but I do think that the southern folks don't just sit back and complain but rather they take action.

I do understand your comment about the north/arctic but are we not one and all Canadian? Why should one demographic be more distinct then another?

Because it's possible, and even desirable to have two or more distinct peoples unite in the pursuit of a common goal. When one of those people's goals become dominant at the expense of an other's, the partnership will cease if and when no suitable compromise is made.

For those outside the partnership, with differing dominant interests, the internal breakdown of our partnership with FN, makes them stronger without lifting a finger.

Refusal to to acknowledge the interests of our partners, does not make those interests unimportant. Nor do those interests go undesired by our failure to compromise and cooperate. Therefore if we as their partner fail to satiate their desires, and don't offer anything tenable in return - we leave ourselves vulnerable to an other stronger party doing so at our expense. It's how most nations/empires are won and lost.

the "last time" I reffered to, is the last time the South took up arms against their union, for dubious moral reasoning. But I agree, Americsns are much more assertive than Canadians in general. Like a good boss, the world both loves them, and hates them for it.

Sirloin
04-29-2018, 12:52 PM
Some more of what I consider far left activism taught in our public schools. From the same public elementary Port Coquitlam school teacher that posts this on the classroom doorway.

From a climate justice lesson plan.
What appears to me to be a lesson referencing 3 anti pipeline sources, then asking the students if they would vote in favor of it or not.....hmmmm
https://i.imgur.com/dU5m6mo.png

A little black lives matter... "you can't be neutral on a moving train"

https://i.imgur.com/NiRQnIQ.png

and of course a little third wave feminist conspiracy theory of "imperialist white supremicist capitalist patriarchy"

https://i.imgur.com/4vknHGM.png

HarryToolips
04-29-2018, 09:49 PM
yeah wake up this two tier system is called the Federal and Provincial Government. why cant i fish cod when i want just because of an ethnic minority on the east coast, i want to fish whenever i want, those are OUR resources. how come i cant cut down a tree and sell it, those are OUR resources, ethnics making billions of dollars and selling it over seas. Logging and Mining closed EXCEPT those in a particular ethnic group. this will probably be last post here too
Show me another ethnic group on the planet that was conquered several hundred years ago, and still gets compensation because of that....

DMD
04-29-2018, 09:57 PM
Show me when the indigenous people of BC were conquered?

Show me another ethnic group on the planet that was conquered several hundred years ago, and still gets compensation because of that....

Jelvis
04-30-2018, 05:57 AM
Indians in Canucksville were never defeated by a war, never surrendered their belongings or homes to anyone.
-- Indians around Quebec and the east of Canada married the French and made Metis' ( Mixed blood ) that's where the power is in the Mid and eastern provinces.
Jel -- Mixed togedder -- made out -- ah -- had kids -- hence Metis' the strongest mix in North America -- Trilingual -- French, Ingrish and Indian -- Three-in-One - 8) -
--- Metis' will turn you around, will look you in zee eyes -- and want no ali byez -- fur trade, water ways, hunting, fishing, community, survival of zee fittest - :lol: -

Pemby_mess
04-30-2018, 11:31 AM

No colonization was exactly the same. But if you look throughout the British empire you'll see many examples of the British taking control of populations through negotiating special privledges and power structures with groups of people already holding power within the colony. Whether they be private individuals, kingdoms, feudal lords, families of the chiefdom etc.

where it differs with their experience in North America, is the tribes they were negotiating with, had quite different ideas about power structures than places that had already adopted agriculture, monetary economies, and more sophisticated structures of civilization in general. The indigenous people they encountered in Canada, where mostly still hunter/gatherer, and saw power and leadership as mostly distributed and egalitarian. Social status was attained more through simply aging and accumulated achievements, rather than accumulated wealth. Therefore, native negotiations were more likely to focus on accumulating benefits that were relatively distributed and egalitarian. Leaders were less likely to sell out their communities for individual benefits than most other cultures the British had contact with.

The Indian act was meant to solve that problem. It bestowed special privledges, within the Indian bands, for people willing to do the government's bidding. Additionally, the Canadian government worked out complex schemes to strip natives of their negotiated benefits through "enfranchisement". Meaning if they desired the increasingly sophisticated modern benefits of European settler society, they could renounce their Indian status and supposedly join the larger society. Obviously that didn't work very well - for lots of reasons.

So here we are today. Lots of FN groups holding on to their historic Indian status, for fear of losing that to gain nothing else, from their perspective. Other's seek to abolish the Indian act, but meanwhile seeking the attainment of tyitled land not yet ceded in a legitimate deal.