PDA

View Full Version : Locked and blocked 4-33

ydouask
04-24-2018, 10:24 AM
The Incomappleux ( Fish ) River has been completely locked and blocked... southern access to 4-33 denied. Whose taxes built that road? :!::x

kootenaihunter
04-24-2018, 10:42 AM
Motorized access or all access?

Also,

The B.C. Government administers about 60,000 kilometers of Forest Service Roads (FSRs). FSRs are maintained by the forest industry under road use permits, or where there is no industrial user responsible for maintenance, by the B.C. Government. Where there is no industrial maintainer, the B.C. Government carries out maintenance, subject to available funding, where communities, rural residents and high value recreation sites have priority

Dannybuoy
04-24-2018, 12:47 PM
Where is it closed ? Last I heard it was just Cambourne that was closed

.264winmag
04-24-2018, 01:06 PM
The mainline on the south side of river along the bluff has been fubared for several years. Word has it someone has invested in the the north side of river and has something to do with the gating. There's rumours they want to log the back end of the valley, would be a good thing for access...

KodiakHntr
04-24-2018, 01:24 PM
Are you sure it's locked though? Last year and the year before the miners had just dummy locked the gate to try and keep guys out of Cambourne.

Stone Sheep Steve
04-24-2018, 01:52 PM
Isn't the Duncan now cut off due to pulling a bridge at the head of the lake??

Brez
04-24-2018, 02:53 PM
The plan for forestry is to deactivate all roads not being used for industrial purposes, unless there are residential properties on them. This I got from Victoria a year or two ago. The Duncan valley is one such area.

Dougielightning
04-24-2018, 03:47 PM
Locked as locked can get put a damper on our moose leh this fall . Talked to the investor mining /real estate company about it for about an hour . It’s strictly a liability thing. He said to me that he had hoped if people decided to remove the lock they would limit the damage to the lock and or the hinges. Pretty frustrating. There is no getting around the get except on foot or pedal bike . Though we tried that and it was a tough 20 km bike ride with rifles and packs.number on sign to call

ydouask
04-24-2018, 07:49 PM
To answer Brez, Stone Sheep steve, Kodiak Hunter... yup ! Danny Boy, Gate before the canyon. Kootenai Hunter Motorized closure.

ydouask
04-24-2018, 07:57 PM
To answer Brez, Stone Sheep steve, Kodiak Hunter... yup ! Danny Boy, Gate before the canyon. Kootenai Hunter Motorized closure. It will be interesting to see if the closure is mentioned in the new regs or if they're just going to let all those lucky LEH winners for Goat and Moose find out when they arrive at the surprise locked gate as in the past season.... hey, don't want to discourage anyone from buying LEH applications and tags, eh? A guy can usually get suspicious when the odds of being drawn seem too good to be true.

338win mag
04-24-2018, 09:33 PM
Well, that must be one hell of a gate.

.264winmag
04-24-2018, 10:49 PM
Doubt they will put an effort out to notify hunters. 4-33 is massive, plenty of access out of revy...

Dannybuoy
04-25-2018, 06:43 AM
Isn't the Duncan now cut off due to pulling a bridge at the head of the lake??they pulled the bridge at Westfall , and the main road was totally de activated not sure exactly where .... around the 85-100 k ?

Dannybuoy
04-25-2018, 06:51 AM
The mainline on the south side of river along the bluff has been fubared for several years. Word has it someone has invested in the the north side of river and has something to do with the gating. There's rumours they want to log the back end of the valley, would be a good thing for access... Last time I was there was maybe 4 years ago ( after the rocks were cleared) no gates yet at that time ..... was going to take a trip over there this summer when the snow has melted (august)

Brez
04-25-2018, 07:21 AM
they pulled the bridge at Westfall , and the main road was totally de activated not sure exactly where .... around the 85-100 k ?
That should save a lot of goats and griz. Got my first goat on the Westfall when they hadn't finished the 2nd bridge yet. Had to wade the river.

Dannybuoy
04-25-2018, 07:29 AM
That should save a lot of goats and griz. Got my first goat on the Westfall when they hadn't finished the 2nd bridge yet. Had to wade the river. rumours that they may be un deactivating the road that goes up the Duncan due to fire access concerns ...... wow taxpayers dollars in action .:!:

Brez
04-25-2018, 07:59 AM
rumours that they may be un deactivating the road that goes up the Duncan due to fire access concerns ...... wow taxpayers dollars in action .:!:
not fire concerns as much as maintenance and liability. It is in the plan...along with thousands of kilometers of other roads in the province. They actually will be upgrading bridges just to get equipment into areas to deactivate the roads

Dannybuoy
04-25-2018, 08:11 AM
not fire concerns as much as maintenance and liability. It is in the plan...along with thousands of kilometers of other roads in the province. They actually will be upgrading bridges just to get equipment into areas to deactivate the roads I know the roads were deactivated due to liability concerns (BS) but now they are going to spend more money to re-activate the Duncan at least that's the rumour and I hope it's true .

Brez
04-25-2018, 10:26 AM
I know the roads were deactivated due to liability concerns (BS) but now they are going to spend more money to re-activate the Duncan at least that's the rumour and I hope it's true .
The only things we know for sure is that they will spend our money wantonly and they will redo (or undo) it all in the near future.

kootenaihunter
04-25-2018, 10:34 AM
Thanks for bringing the issue to light, now that info is out there!

The animals are in there, how you get them is up to you.

Not a lot of sympathy for those applying for LEH and not knowing what's up in whatever MU they apply in. Not everything can be done from a computer chair. Regs should not be made for the lowest common denominator. The whole off season can be dedicated to doing you homework.