PDA

View Full Version : 8-12 kettle river

Deerwhacker
08-25-2007, 10:10 PM
I have a whitetail doe draw from October 10 to November 20 and was wondering what would be the best time to go over there. My main concern is that i want to be there befour any snow( I remember a couple years ago late bow season there it was snowy and that made the trip a long one). Also if I shoot my doe can I still shoot a buck?? the way im reading it in the regs the regional bag limit for whitetail deer is 2 and the general season is 1 buck so I should be able to take my doe and if I see a buck i can take him too. I would have applied closer for a doe draw but I was expecting to be working on big white ski resort until that fell through, so I want to make the best of the trip out there.

300H&H
08-25-2007, 10:15 PM
Go between Oct 10 and befor Nov 20. :shock:

Seriously tho if the snow is on the ground and the deer are moveing any time is good. I hunt that vally lots so just PM me when you are wanting to go and Ill check it out to tell you where/when to go.

300H&H
08-25-2007, 10:20 PM
I forgot to tell you I saw a 4x4 whitetail taken by a woman(her first deer) and it had 8" G1s 16"+G2s. Lots of monsters last year but you have to put in the time & WALK WALK WALK

Deerwhacker
08-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the help 300 ill send you the pm when im reay to go:smile:.

Mckinney Creek Adventures
08-26-2007, 11:20 AM
Hey Deer Whacker

We can get snow here any time after September. Doesnt usually stick till 15th of November or so. Last year we had lots of snow early, and the hunting was good as 300 said. I shot a nice 5 x 5 near the end. If you are worried about the odds after the snow starts falling.... dont. This just makes things better, and gets those buck moving also. As far as I read it, you can take two whitetail in reg. 8, only one buck. So you are good to go. If you can, delay till later and you will have better luck on the buck. I have found that October can slow down for deer if we get a hot spell, but every year is different here.

Look us up before or when you get here. Might be one hanging around on the drive in.

www.mckinneycreek.com (http://www.mckinneycreek.com)

MCA