PDA

View Full Version : 7b Bull 07

Gus
08-24-2007, 10:52 PM
So, I took a quick trip up north this past weekend. Fluked out and caught a bull out in a block just before dark on the first day. After a 25 minute stalk he busted me and my partner Warren at 250 yards and started moving. It came down to who ever had the shot first was to take it. It turned out Warren had a better angle and he fired. The bull then turned broadside to me and starting moving harder, so I folowed up with a shot. We ended up each getting another shot off before he disapeared into the timber. Upon investigating, we ended up finding a massive amount of blood, and we wroked are way into the bush. We found him about a 100 yards in, still on his feet. We each fired again (I put one into the neck to make sure he went down), and that was that. Well, not exactly, it took me and warren, and another partner all night and most of the next day before we had him hanging in the shop. Dam near lost half to a bear as well.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/rs.JPG (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=5862&size=big&cat=500&limit=recent)

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/rsme.JPG (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=5863&size=big&cat=500&limit=recent)

Derek_Erickson
08-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Sounds like it was a good shootin match anyway, nice bull congrats!

moose hunter
08-24-2007, 10:54 PM
nice bull andrew

todbartell
08-24-2007, 11:02 PM
ayyyyyyyy steaks for everyone, good job!

Sideofabarn
08-24-2007, 11:08 PM
Damn Andrew, I was up by Pink mountain last weekend, and all I saw were cows and calves. Good work old boy!

NEEHAMA
08-25-2007, 11:13 AM
nice one! hairy rack and all! takes a bit of work getting them out eh?..

4pointer
08-25-2007, 11:18 AM
congrats on a nice moose. Same thing happen with my brother and I last year except we did the " one two three " count.

sparkymacker
08-25-2007, 12:48 PM
Damn Andrew, I was up by Pink mountain last weekend, and all I saw were cows and calves. Good work old boy!

We just got back from Pink Mountain yesterday, we were there for opening day. We saw very few moose and not much sign. We spoke with one of the ranchers up there and he said there was a very heavy winter kill of moose. He went for a drive in the spring when the road opened up and saw 4 dead moose within a few kilometers. It was disappointing to go that far and not get anything, but it is nice country (except for the bugs, rain, mud, etc.)

srupp
08-25-2007, 01:55 PM
GREAT JOB WELL DONE EXELLENT BULL..

sTEVEN

3kills
08-25-2007, 02:05 PM
very nice bull congrats

kennyg826
08-25-2007, 02:13 PM
nice work.

BlacktailStalker
08-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Nice bulll !! Nice when its a combined effort sometimes eh ?

Trapper
08-25-2007, 05:18 PM
I also just got back from Pink Mountain,out of four us we got one moose.The CO stop by camp and was telling us the moose had a bad winter,and lots of ticks in the spring,but did say the moose did better further north,not as much snow.last year when we were there we seen a average of 10 moose a day this year we seen 1 or 2 moose a day.and it rained just about every day we were there.

warren0427
08-25-2007, 10:58 PM
Did you guys notice the white in the velvet on the bull me and andrew got? I had seen pictures but never one myself. Andrew filled you guys in on most of the details, it was a good hunt, now onto elk.

Gus
08-25-2007, 11:16 PM
We just got back from Pink Mountain yesterday, we were there for opening day. We saw very few moose and not much sign. We spoke with one of the ranchers up there and he said there was a very heavy winter kill of moose. He went for a drive in the spring when the road opened up and saw 4 dead moose within a few kilometers. It was disappointing to go that far and not get anything, but it is nice country (except for the bugs, rain, mud, etc.)

this was the only moose we saw this trip, in fact, the only sign I saw was when I walked up to this guy. Just lots and lots of hunters.

Sideofabarn
08-25-2007, 11:22 PM
Didn't see any other hunters, although I know they were there. Just like most others, I didn't see a single bull on my trip up north. I'll have to buy you a beer once school goes back!

Mik
08-27-2007, 12:40 AM
Congrats on the bull. It's always nice to nail one on the first day....Then all the fun starts :shock: