PDA

View Full Version : LEH is out

charlie_horse
04-12-2018, 01:49 PM
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/fishing-hunting/hunting/limited-entry-hunting

Scroll to the bottom. Good luck everyone.

Blainer
04-12-2018, 01:55 PM
Thank you, now the studying begins

todbartell
04-12-2018, 02:00 PM
boom! thanks

Nechako Outdoors
04-12-2018, 02:02 PM
good luck to everyone!

Sellis75
04-12-2018, 02:07 PM
Moose - a lot of TBD...fun times.

Bullseye Bob
04-12-2018, 02:09 PM
Ya whats this tbd crap for moose how the hell are we supposed to apply and make an educated choice if we dont even know if there is any draws.

sako79
04-12-2018, 02:23 PM
You can't apply online yet though

RyoTHC
04-12-2018, 02:26 PM
Still waiting on the actual regulations to see how hard they ****ed us. **** the masses for a few that's their motto right ?

604redneck
04-12-2018, 02:52 PM
But now there is a December turkey Leh in region 4 lol

Jelvis
04-12-2018, 02:54 PM
---------------------------------> Yah paze yer bucks, yah take yer chances! Good Luck everyone who applies.
Jel --

abbyfireguy
04-12-2018, 02:58 PM
My Hunt Buddy app just bugled at me .. Funny but cool way to inform people of news.

Cyrus
04-12-2018, 03:54 PM
Ya whats this tbd crap for moose how the hell are we supposed to apply and make an educated choice if we dont even know if there is any draws.

Because there isn't gonna be any in many areas. They are joining grizzly bears at the Cant shoot me table...Beginning of the end.

srupp
04-12-2018, 05:14 PM
Hmm respectfully disagree..the areas TBD..are mostly areas you dont want to " hunt" for various reasons..
Sure been a big loss in all allocations. .lots of 1 animals..huge odds..
There are some great moose draws with low odds..if you have a boat....
Steven

Bunner
04-12-2018, 05:30 PM
thanks will check it out after work

scoutlt1
04-12-2018, 05:50 PM
If I don't get a draw this year I'm taking it to the BC Human Rights Commission.

I don't know if it's my ancestry, gender, income bracket, education level, age, the fact that my hunter number (by using addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) ends up as 666......but for some reason I rarely get a draw.

I will get to the bottom of this however, and I expect my legal fees to be paid.

srupp
04-12-2018, 06:19 PM
If I don't get a draw this year I'm taking it to the BC Human rights Commission.

I don't know if it's my ancestry, gender, income bracket, education level, age, the fact that my hunter number (by using addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) ends up as 666......but for some reason I rarely get a draw.

I will get to the bottom of this however, and I expect my legal fees to be paid.

Lol glad your first nations/Metis application came through..lol
I am once again making some of my experience available to anyone who wants some local Information on especially region 5
Even Scoutlt1...
Due to amount of questions, and hunters please pm with phone numbers..I will call on my dime.
I try my best..lol had 23 cariboo moose hunters last year..even though I didnt..sniff sniff..lol however I will give suggestions..
Cheers
Srupp

finngun
04-12-2018, 06:45 PM
wait few years..there will be leh for grouse too..:idea:

dana
04-12-2018, 07:19 PM
I can't wait to draw Black Bear. It is going to be great!!! :) :)

Bugle M In
04-12-2018, 07:36 PM
Lol glad your first nations/Metis application came through..lol
I am once again making some of my experience available to anyone who wants some local Information on especially region 5
Even Scoutlt1...
Due to amount of questions, and hunters please pm with phone numbers..I will call on my dime.
I try my best..lol had 23 cariboo moose hunters last year..even though I didnt..sniff sniff..lol however I will give suggestions..
Cheers
Srupp

I may just take that up with you at some point, but I will spend the dime to do so.
Will let you know...take care

Deadshot
04-12-2018, 09:30 PM
Skeena elk.
Authorizations are 1 apiece, yet hunters are "encouraged to apply for hunts as a group of 2 or more,....
A money grab or a hunt?
I wouldn't doubt that some of those TBD hunts end up the same.

tuner
04-12-2018, 09:49 PM
Turkey on LEH, interesting.

russm
04-12-2018, 09:54 PM
Is it just me or did the bison section seem bigger in previous years?

RyoTHC
04-12-2018, 09:55 PM
Is it just me or did the bison section seem bigger in previous years?

What about the Elk, Mule deer, Moose, sheep and goat? Oh wait.. that's everything...

sed8ed
04-12-2018, 10:05 PM
Klappan LEH for moose??

"No Choke"Lord Walsingham
04-12-2018, 11:58 PM
The LEH Turkey is great news! It's an additional opportunity for Turkey during Winter. I love it, Turkey Doggos are legal and are a very interesting method for Turkey Hunting.

I get that there are people upset with no Griz and WAY less Moose for sure this year but that's how it goes for now. It's not Turkey's problem or fault. I am still not happy about the Woverine closure (not new now and nada to do with this year's LEH) in the Kootenay Region 4 to consolidate southern BC seasons... Lame AF! Yet still we move forward, as best we all can.

Very kind and generous offer from Srupp as well. Good on ya and Lots'O'Luck to all!

Wild one
04-13-2018, 04:51 AM
Skeena elk.
Authorizations are 1 apiece, yet hunters are "encouraged to apply for hunts as a group of 2 or more,....
A money grab or a hunt?
I wouldn't doubt that some of those TBD hunts end up the same.

They are saying it will increase the odds of getting permission from landowners lol

I know for 6-04 this is not going to help as most landowners will not give access unless they know you or know of you lol

I recommend anyone looking at skeena elk line up permission before applying as it might be a waste of a leh and fuel otherwise

koothunter
04-13-2018, 06:41 AM
New calf moose LEH in region 7??? Let's kill all the recruitment too. Hey, I got another great idea. Let's cry that there's too many deer on the Charlottes because they have no natural predators, then lets pay some kiwi "sharpshooters" to come cull them, then we'll make black bear (the only deer predator) a LEH and only give out 4 tags.

These people are paid with my tax dollars??? SMH.

bloodbath
04-13-2018, 06:58 AM
Is that the same for Zone A of 6-08?

I thought this was going to be positive for the proposed Skeena private land elk hunt?

CheesyLimper
04-13-2018, 07:16 AM
They are saying it will increase the odds of getting permission from landowners lol

I know for 6-04 this is not going to help as most landowners will not give access unless they know you or know of you lol

I recommend anyone looking at skeena elk line up permission before applying as it might be a waste of a leh and fuel otherwise

Same in the Bulkley Valley. I know people have been waiting a long time for the chance at a local elk and it would be too bad if the draws were wasted on someone who doesn't realize that access may be hard to come by.

decker9
04-13-2018, 07:48 AM

Very true, Iv talked to a couple that say they won’t let anyone hunt their farms, and a couple that say only people they know. Should be interesting. I see we got the 6-04 moose draw numbers back also, must be because of changes to the gos? Curious to see the new regs.

Cyrus
04-13-2018, 09:55 AM
Hmm respectfully disagree..the areas TBD..are mostly areas you dont want to " hunt" for various reasons..
Sure been a big loss in all allocations. .lots of 1 animals..huge odds..
There are some great moose draws with low odds..if you have a boat....
Steven

Guess we will see. I don't think it will close everywhere or overnight but Reg 5 will be the first to be shut down. Eventually FN will get there way. Enjoy it while it lasts....I'm looking fwd to hunting NIL this year. Tasty if you can find one.

stixnstones
04-13-2018, 07:38 PM
Kootenay elk.1 tag per draw where there were way more. What’s the deal??? Anyone

srupp
04-13-2018, 07:45 PM
Guess we will see. I don't think it will close everywhere or overnight but Reg 5 will be the first to be shut down. Eventually FN will get there way. Enjoy it while it lasts....I'm looking fwd to hunting NIL this year. Tasty if you can find one.
I disagree..the natives have made it undesirable, potentially dangerous..and very stressed numbers due to uncontrolled overkill , add in the fires logging and wolves..
However east of the Fraser is fine..IMO..with the exception of mule deer..dramatically lower numbers..
The govt is to blame. Period.control and regulate by science based numbers.and penalize law breakers
Steven

ROY-alty33
04-13-2018, 09:32 PM
New calf moose LEH in region 7???

My Guess is the senior/youth hunt has been axed, but we will need to wait until the regs are posted to know for sure.

Rattler
04-13-2018, 09:44 PM
Bighorn ram now on leh in 4-22 Bull River! Big change there...

boxhitch
04-14-2018, 04:28 AM
Kootenay elk.1 tag per draw where there were way more. What’s the deal??? Anyone21-- series for antlerless? likely to reduce the take, but to keep the hunt alive? easier to adjust numbers later than to go to zero and then try to re-instill a hunt? jmwag

boxhitch
04-14-2018, 04:31 AM
Bighorn ram now on leh in 4-22 Bull River! Big change there...and still fc only.....imo that puts this under the 'control the traffic' label

boxhitch
04-14-2018, 04:46 AM
Antlerless Mule Deer, regs 3,5,6,7 or 8, no reduction in tags ?

Dannybuoy
04-14-2018, 07:00 AM
Antlerless Mule Deer, regs 3,5,6,7 or 8, no reduction in tags ?I am not surprized , part of the manage to "0" program that "they" talked about at the townhall meeting , buck pop is getting low .... lower the doe pop to correct %

dana
04-14-2018, 07:07 AM
You want a good laugh look at the number of muley doe tags for 3-46. It has aleays been undersubscribed due to access but seriously, 50 tags? You would be lucky if there are 50 deer even in that unit right now. Harvest rates are always low but lately they have been next to zero. So lets hook line and sinker some low odds moose hunters to buy an extra deer tag. Pathetic management. And we call this 'science based'?

browningboy
04-14-2018, 07:28 AM
You want a good laugh look at the number of muley doe tags for 3-46. It has aleays been undersubscribed due to access but seriously, 50 tags? You would be lucky if there are 50 deer even in that unit right now. Harvest rates are always low but lately they have been next to zero. So lets hook line and sinker some low odds moose hunters to buy an extra deer tag. Pathetic management. And we call this 'science based'?

head into Azure for deer? I only seen moose track there

dana
04-14-2018, 07:38 AM
head into Azure for deer? I only seen moose track there

Most Nov moose hunters hunt the only 4x4 access of the 6 km long Stillwater. Going up the lakes is only advisable in good weather. Not normally what you have in Nov.

Piperdown
04-14-2018, 07:45 AM
Very true, Iv talked to a couple that say they won’t let anyone hunt their farms, and a couple that say only people they know. Should be interesting. I see we got the 6-04 moose draw numbers back also, must be because of changes to the gos? Curious to see the new regs.

Yes kiss the gos good bye, so now they know what the maximum harvest of bulls could be, having said that the early draw is tough as it is so hot so realistically the rut and late draw numbers are closer to the max harvest rate. Oh and of course the fn's will shoot the shit out of the place and record zero :(

338win mag
04-14-2018, 07:47 AM
I have been wondering the same for years.

Golddust
04-14-2018, 10:02 PM
Hey guys,

I'm trying to understand the LEH. can I apply for 2 hunts for every species theoretically?

Stone C. Killer
04-14-2018, 11:00 PM
Yes but you can only win once!

boxhitch
04-15-2018, 06:25 AM
You want a good laugh look at the number of muley doe tags for 3-46. It has aleays been undersubscribed due to access but seriously, 50 tags? You would be lucky if there are 50 deer even in that unit right now. Harvest rates are always low but lately they have been next to zero. So lets hook line and sinker some low odds moose hunters to buy an extra deer tag. Pathetic management. And we call this 'science based'?You claim to be 'connected' maybe you can ask how that is justified?

dana
04-15-2018, 08:14 AM
You claim to be 'connected' maybe you can ask how that is justified?

How is this justified? Seriously, you need to ask that question? It is justified because it is Exactly what the Resident hunters of BC fought for and won during the Resident Revolt. They wanted Opportunity! This is Opportunity at its best. Poor access with historically low success rates means you can hand out a bunch of Opportunity without any worry of consquence. This happens in many many units. And it fleeces the hunters of BC out of holiday time and gas and a quality hunt. Jam a whole herd of hunters on the same 6 kms of road and sit back and watch the chaos. Like who really is going to backpack out a doe? Welcome to the science of managing hunters. Zeeman and his buddies lied to the resident hunters of BC. Opportunity does not mean a hope in hell of success.

Mulehahn
04-15-2018, 03:40 PM
Hey guys,

I'm trying to understand the LEH. can I apply for 2 hunts for every species theoretically?

Can you explain what you mean by theoretically? Bottom of the second page under the headline One Application Per Species "An applicant may only enter one application per LEH species per draw."

Are you talking Fall Sheep as well as Spring 2019 for Sheep or Haida Gwaii Black Bear? Yes, you can apply for both if you didn't win one. But that is hardly all species. I must be missing something.

Blainer
04-15-2018, 04:35 PM
It still won't let me apply on line yet

Stone C. Killer
04-15-2018, 05:36 PM
One application= first choice + second choice

Stone C. Killer
04-15-2018, 05:43 PM
I believe if you get the special sheep draw you could kill 2 sheep a year

RadHimself
04-16-2018, 03:54 AM
I cant apply yet either

Ltbullken
04-16-2018, 10:41 AM
Can you explain what you mean by theoretically? Bottom of the second page under the headline One Application Per Species "An applicant may only enter one application per LEH species per draw."

Are you talking Fall Sheep as well as Spring 2019 for Sheep or Haida Gwaii Black Bear? Yes, you can apply for both if you didn't win one. But that is hardly all species. I must be missing something.

Only one application per species. Each application has a 1st and 2nd choice. Apply for as many species as you like! You still have to abide by the provincial bag limit as allotted to each species.

srupp
04-16-2018, 10:59 AM

Hmmm so a " better way " is to somehow get the tags to the locals..the guys folks up there know...SERIOUSLY. .?

How does it sound. .only residents of region 5 can draw a moose tag..we want the tags to go to folks we know.
Who ever wins..wins.lif ranchers..farmers wont allow access..its their property.period.
Silly season has begun.yuk yuk yuk
Steven

browningboy
04-16-2018, 01:46 PM
It still won't let me apply on line yet

I tried and found the same thing?

Ltbullken
04-16-2018, 01:47 PM
I love how LEH brings out all the keyboard biology experts!! :P

panhead
04-16-2018, 02:22 PM
Wish me luck ...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“rugged good looks” is code for “looks like I had my face sand blasted and trampled by a herd of heifers.”

kootenaihunter
04-16-2018, 02:26 PM

Yes, HBC is full of several seasoned hunters who have personally hunted every day, every year, every species, in every terrain, in every region! They're a wealth of information and their word should be taken as gospel!

358mag
04-16-2018, 03:23 PM

No we haven't seen Jassmine yet .
Or maybe "Its" to busy filling out all those LEH's

Vortex hunter
04-16-2018, 03:26 PM
Let the drooling begin

j270wsm
04-16-2018, 04:09 PM
Kootenay elk.1 tag per draw where there were way more. What’s the deal??? Anyone

If your asking about 4-23a...it's because the elk population is ridiculously low. They needed to reduce the anterless draws in 4-23a 5yrs ago.

Squire
04-16-2018, 04:38 PM
How is this justified? Seriously, you need to ask that question? It is justified because it is Exactly what the Resident hunters of BC fought for and won during the Resident Revolt. They wanted Opportunity! This is Opportunity at its best. Poor access with historically low success rates means you can hand out a bunch of Opportunity without any worry of consquence. This happens in many many units. And it fleeces the hunters of BC out of holiday time and gas and a quality hunt. Jam a whole herd of hunters on the same 6 kms of road and sit back and watch the chaos. Like who really is going to backpack out a doe? Welcome to the science of managing hunters. Zeeman and his buddies lied to the resident hunters of BC. Opportunity does not mean a hope in hell of success.

You're right about opportunity over reality Dana. I can give you another example: Kamloops Moose 3-33, 9 authorizations in October and another 25 in November along with a GOS Immy season. It would be interesting to know the harvest success rate they have based this high number of authorizations on (relative to populations). Any given weekend the hunters will outnumber the moose there by a fair margin.

Saying that, I think it makes sense to give the maximum amount of hunters the opportunity based on historic success rates if it doesn't mean taking too many animals in a given year. A hunter just can't assume that a large number of authorizations means a large number of animals. The onus is on the hunter to do his homework.

Ltbullken
04-16-2018, 07:36 PM
You're right about opportunity over reality Dana. I can give you another example: Kamloops Moose 3-33, 9 authorizations in October and another 25 in November along with a GOS Immy season. It would be interesting to know the harvest success rate they have based this high number of authorizations on (relative to populations). Any given weekend the hunters will outnumber the moose there by a fair margin.

Saying that, I think it makes sense to give the maximum amount of hunters the opportunity based on historic success rates if it doesn't mean taking too many animals in a given year. A hunter just can't assume that a large number of authorizations means a large number of animals. The onus is on the hunter to do his homework.

Couldn’t agree more. The number of authorizations is a statistical exercise understanding that only a certain percentage of hunters will be successful. And whoever said that an LEH draw should be a guarantee of success?

browningboy
04-16-2018, 07:50 PM
[QUOTE=358mag;2001856
Or maybe "Its" to busy filling out all those LEH's[/QUOTE]

How can you even fill them out, won’t allow you to?

twoSevenO
04-16-2018, 08:14 PM
Couldn’t agree more. The number of authorizations is a statistical exercise understanding that only a certain percentage of hunters will be successful. And whoever said that an LEH draw should be a guarantee of success?

This is true, only a certain percentage will be successful by most measures.

however .... what IF they all were? You can't possibly run the risk of having every tag filled and end up with way more dead game than you estimated for .... can you?

ducktoller
04-16-2018, 09:48 PM
Putting in for a few things

3-16C Goat, know where they are from two very different access points early september but life got in the way, this is my mental focus and goal. I'd rather win this than any other hunt.

2-11 Does october: Basically a gimme, seem to see tons of does in OCT and no bucks

Moose TBD, depends on a friend wanting to put in shared

2-6 Elk: A man can dream

Ashnola sheep: a man can dream, would love to do shulaps but sounds like it's too overrun and too few sheep.

ducktoller
04-16-2018, 09:50 PM
One application= first choice + second choice

But second choice only really works with undersubscribed hunts in theory does it not?

Jelvis
04-16-2018, 09:54 PM
Some who get a tag might not even get out once, some won't get their butt cheeks off the restaurant til noon so lot's of tags won't be filled.
I'd guess a quarter might get lucky
Jel - u pays the buck$ yah take yer chances. If you get an LEH you should get something if you get out!

twoSevenO
04-16-2018, 10:07 PM
and please, please, think before you apply! If you aren't going to take 2 weeks off and pay $800/week for a snowmobile rental and aren't willing to drive 20hrs ... DON"T PUT IN FOR A BISON TAG IN MIDDLE OF WINTER!

Don't take the tags away from those that are a bit more dedicated!

:) :)

b.ashforth
04-17-2018, 08:33 AM
Is it just me or is everyone still waiting for the LEH to become available online?

Jelvis
04-17-2018, 08:34 AM
You've been hacked! It's called four play, working you into a frenzy to unload the ca$h.
Jel -- 4 play til you can unload the Ca$h and you'll be hot to trot -- LEH awaits

ajr5406
04-17-2018, 09:29 AM
Is it just me or is everyone still waiting for the LEH to become available online?

Its not just you. I can order my licences, but cant apply for LEH just yet.

Carrollizer
04-17-2018, 10:05 AM
Thank god, I thought I was doing something wrong when trying to apply.

ajr5406
04-23-2018, 09:32 AM
Still not open for applications...

Jelvis
04-23-2018, 09:56 AM
LEH, is letting you, figure out what Lucky LEH tag, you want to apply for before you go off on a tangent.

A. You can apply for California Big Horned Sheep any size Ram right by Kamloops Lake, a chance of any sheep hunter in the world wood go nuts over.
On and on and on -- LEH Mules, LEH Moose whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
-- Take a good look at what LEH offers, any where near Kamloops for Sheep, Moose and mules then apply.
Jel -- A chance of a lifetime on a LEH Ram -- Reg 3 -- Best hunting in the world right here in the Loops area -- all around -- beyond World class folks --

Trapper
04-23-2018, 03:23 PM
The date that applications can be submitted for 2018 LEH hunts has not yet been determined, but is anticipated to be in the 4th week of April.

Hunterguy
04-23-2018, 07:10 PM
Would be nice to see some regs. out soon also.

ryanszeredi
04-23-2018, 08:42 PM
Would be nice to see some regs. out soon also.
was just thinking the same thing. Wonder how long they will hold out

SWRO
04-24-2018, 10:49 AM
LEH is open for applications now.

Carrollizer
04-24-2018, 11:14 AM
LEH is open for applications now.
Beat me to it

Blainer
04-24-2018, 11:27 AM
LEH is open for applications now.Thank you. Applications are now submitted, it's all about the hunting gods now

Jelvis
04-24-2018, 11:44 AM
=-//-------> Anyone could win a tag, a Cali Kammy Sheep, it's all Luck n Chance now! Good luck 2 all ---- it's on!
Jelly Belly

Bugle M In
04-24-2018, 01:28 PM
=-//-------> Anyone could win a tag, a Cali Kammy Sheep, it's all Luck n Chance now! Good luck 2 all ---- it's on!
Jelly Belly

My understanding is "someone" went and poached/killed a bunch of them, not to long ago?!

monasheemountainman
04-24-2018, 02:11 PM
draws in now the waiting begins....anyone know when the draw date is :)

Carrollizer
04-24-2018, 02:24 PM
Time to start praying to everyone on this list:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hunting_deities

tinhorse
04-24-2018, 02:38 PM
So are there going to be draws for moose in 5-13........still says TBD.....

Cyrus
04-24-2018, 02:52 PM
So are there going to be draws for moose in 5-13........still says TBD.....

Is it worth the risk? Same as 5-1. I'm putting in for something that at least has a number attached...

Jelvis
04-24-2018, 04:50 PM
No one poached any sheep around Kamloops Lake, I would have heard about it, I did hear some people talking about Squirrley the Cali Ram by the end of the Lake.
-- Everyone wants Squrley he's got the full curly with a swirly -- hence Squirrely -- apply for a Cali Ram tag by Kammy and get Squirrley -- the full twirly -- and a swirl.
Jel -- Thick, Wide, Full, circle with a smirkle -- he's got a few buddy's hangin with em apparently according to some sheep hunters up here in Paradise City.
--------------Gunz n Roses --- Paradise City Kammy lookin pretty --oh won't you pah lease take me dowwwwwwwwnnnnnn --- LEH Ram -- the Full Swirl and a twirl --