PDA

View Full Version : Cranbrook Area Butcher/Cooler

Seth
08-24-2007, 07:04 AM
Anyone know of a cooler in the Cranbrook area? Just in case the planets align and a bull is taken in the first couple days of our hunt.

pupper
08-24-2007, 07:07 AM
there is a couple right in town on the main stretch, cant miss em.
I cant remember the names but I think one is "Rick's fine meats" and the other is "gourmet meats" I might have the names wrong, but there is 2 on the stretch.

Trailsniffer
08-24-2007, 10:49 AM
We have had great service from 'Ricks' over the past 5 years. He will have a number posted on the door for hunters to call at anytime if you need to hang something. Note that the rate for hanging anything used to be $15/day unless he was doing the cutting, then the hanging fee is waived and you pay the cutting fees.

BCBairdo
08-24-2007, 12:08 PM
Last year it was $20/day to hang at Ricks.....but you can't hang in 30C weather so its the cost of doing business;-)

sawmill
08-25-2007, 03:31 AM
Cliff`s Meats in Kimberly is real good.

Jennifer
08-26-2007, 02:09 PM
I have used Cliff's Meats on the way into Kimberly for the past 5 or 6 yrs - He's great!!! We try to bring the meat home ourselves to butcher if it's not too early into our hunt otherwise he cuts it pretty good.

Hagen
09-12-2008, 12:04 PM
any of you guys have the contact info for cliffs handy? cant have too many options when looking for a butcher:D

Elkaholic
09-12-2008, 12:30 PM
If you are looking directly in Cranbrook there is only Rick's now all the others have closed. The two shops is Kimberly are quality ones, and I even hear there is one in Moyie now too.

boyd050
09-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Ricks is $ 40.00 bucks a day, seems since he thinks he's the only show in cranbrook he charges ...... kimberley meats is great Ernie is awesome,he charges 25 bucks a day to hang and if your getting it cut there, no charge for hanging, awsome cuts great guy, I've been dealing with him for 15 years.

hunter1947
09-12-2008, 03:36 PM
What is his address in Kimberly boydo50???.

It is good to know a nother butcher that won't stick it to you like Rick does.

Hagen
09-12-2008, 06:34 PM
hunter 1947, kimberley meats is on the left of wallinger (the highway up to kimberly from cranbrook takes on this name in kimberly)just before the lights at ross, same strip mall as the royal bank, should be easy as its the only set of lights in kimberly

address is 315 wallinger ave kimberly
phone number is 250-427-4701

now if someone would post cliffs info would be great:smile:

hotload
09-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Bowed a 6 point around Cranbrook and and took it to Ricks Fine Meats neatly in cheese cloth. Only needed a little chill for an eveinig, and he charges ya 40.00 bucks a day. I was with Boydo50, and yes Rick's thinks he has a monopoly on the business and can charge whatever he wants. Talk about gouging. Sure puts a quick end to an otherwise good hunt,with great friends unless you have very deep pockets.

hunt, with great friends, unless you have very deep pockets,

hunter1947
09-13-2008, 05:33 AM
hunter 1947, kimberley meats is on the left of wallinger (the highway up to kimberly from cranbrook takes on this name in kimberly)just before the lights at ross, same strip mall as the royal bank, should be easy as its the only set of lights in kimberly

address is 315 wallinger ave kimberly
phone number is 250-427-4701

now if someone would post cliffs info would be great:smile:

Thanks for the tip Hagen ,will right all down on a piece of paper and put it in my wallet.

Little Hawk
09-13-2008, 07:38 AM
Howdy,

There's another one a little further north in Invermere.
Can't remember the name but it too is on the main drag.
I think there's only one meat cutter in that town so if you ask someone they'll probably be able to tell you where it is.

I had them make up a fork-muley into mostly sausage last year and (except for the caraway seeds) they did a good job and the price was reasonable.
I think they also had an 'all hours' phone number on the back door for hunters.

Hope this helps.

The Hermit
09-13-2008, 09:00 AM
Had great service and reasonable cost from Rick last year. They did a great job and were able to turn it around PDQ, frozen solid packed in ice for my drive home to the coast. I only wish I could have used him this year! :-(

boyd050
09-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Kimberley meats and sausage , Ernie is the owner, great guy, freat cuts, and treats hunters very well! his phone number is 250-427-7766 tell them Boyd sent you !!!

Ron.C
09-13-2008, 03:44 PM
I've been using Ricks since 2001 and will continue to use him. Yes, his hanging fees are expensive, but only if you are hanging. If you have him cut and wrap your game as well, his prices are good and service is excellent. Just walk in his cooler and see the massive amount of game he has to deal with and it's no wonder that if you are just after hanging its' expensive.