PDA

View Full Version : 2018 BCWF Resolutions

bownut
03-29-2018, 06:08 PM
Anyone have a chance to check out the Resolutions?
click on:
http://bcwf.net/images/stories/2018_AGM/Resolutions/Draft%20Resolutions%20for%20AGM%202018%20Club%20Ma iler%20-%20For%20Email.pdf

boxhitch
03-29-2018, 06:37 PM
Old news
done and done

horshur
03-29-2018, 07:13 PM
So the the fed supports that all hunters should have 1 million liability insurance....of course you will get this insurance if you join the fed...**** you guys!

horshur
03-29-2018, 07:37 PM
read it it's painful i know....sheep guys must be happy?

Ourea
03-29-2018, 07:38 PM
So the the fed supports that all hunters should have 1 million liability insurance....of course you will get this insurance if you join the fed...**** you guys!

It was dropped weeks ago.
It was nothing more than a proposal.

Stay current.

steveo
03-29-2018, 07:47 PM
So the the fed supports that all hunters should have 1 million liability insurance....of course you will get this insurance if you join the fed...**** you guys! I would think hunters should be down the list as a user group that needs liability insurance.

horshur
03-29-2018, 07:47 PM
It was dropped weeks ago.
It was nothing more than a proposal.

Stay current.

can't stay current unless your a member?

horshur
03-29-2018, 07:48 PM
I would think hunters should be down the list as a user group that needs liability insurance.
aparently they support the idea..read

TexasWalker
03-29-2018, 07:48 PM
I like the one where they state that there are conservation concerns with catching and releasing sturgeon.
If it weren't for sportfishing the sturgeon numbers wouldn't be anywhere near where they are right now.
They are abundant.

Ourea
03-29-2018, 07:56 PM
can't stay current unless your a member?

uhmmmm, no.
I am not a member, I have said that several times.

I communicate with wildlife bios, field researchers, some outfitters, some parties within the BCWF, to get an open and honest understanding. My views are not skewed or agenda driven.

Sorry i piss you off.

Wentrot
03-29-2018, 08:55 PM
uhmmmm, no.
I am not a member, I have said that several times.

I communicate with wildlife bios, field researchers, some outfitters, some parties within the BCWF, to get an open and honest understanding. My views are not skewed or agenda driven.

Sorry i piss you off.

Mmmhmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ourea
03-29-2018, 09:06 PM
Mmmhmmmmmmmmmmmm

You obviously have a question you may wish to ask.....

bownut
03-30-2018, 07:18 AM
Interesting that on page 9 the general feeling on feeding can result in potential dangers to our ungulates and we still allow baiting. Time to change the way we think before it's too late.

bighornbob
03-30-2018, 08:36 AM
Interesting that on page 9 the general feeling on feeding can result in potential dangers to our ungulates and we still allow baiting. Time to change the way we think before it's too late.

the feeding they are talking about is supplemental feeding not baiting. Supplemental feeding would be the sheep feeder on the salmo creston highway run by a local group. A friend in castlegar has her neighbor by 20 tons of hay every winter for the elk that Come down to his property. Regardless of the winter snows he buys the hay to feed the elk.

BCWF
03-30-2018, 11:34 AM

This was a proposal put forward in 1990 that was never moved on.

The beginning of the resolution file this is under states "Therefore Be It Resolved, that the following resolutions from the BCWF Resolutions Direction from theMembership 1972-2016 be rescinded as to truly reflect the current needs and viewpoint of the BCWFMembership, andBe It Further Resolved, that these rescinded resolutions be recorded in our History of BCWFResolutions."

There are resolutions from 1970-2016 that are due to be rescinded in this vote, and this includes the one you are concerned with.

BCWF
03-30-2018, 11:36 AM
I like the one where they state that there are conservation concerns with catching and releasing sturgeon.
If it weren't for sportfishing the sturgeon numbers wouldn't be anywhere near where they are right now.
They are abundant.

This is a resolution SUBMITTED BY: The Delta Ladner Rod & Gun Club & The Ridgedale Rod & Gun ClubPassed By: BC Wildlife Federation Region 2

All of our member clubs are allowed and encouraged to submit their own resolutions, which will then need to be voted on by the Region- which has happened in this situation.

When a Region moves a resolution forward, it will come to a vote at the BCWF AGM- where the attendees will get to vote and have their say on the proposals.

Stone Sheep Steve
03-30-2018, 04:04 PM
This is a resolution SUBMITTED BY: The Delta Ladner Rod & Gun Club & The Ridgedale Rod & Gun ClubPassed By: BC Wildlife Federation Region 2

All of our member clubs are allowed and encouraged to submit their own resolutions, which will then need to be voted on by the Region- which has happened in this situation.

When a Region moves a resolution forward, it will come to a vote at the BCWF AGM- where the attendees will get to vote and have their say on the proposals.

And those 'attendees' are the voting club delegates from around the province.
The BCWF is run by its membership. They vote for the representatives and inviidual proposals at the AGM.
By some of the responses of late, it's clear that some people don't understand this.

SSS