PDA

View Full Version : Took out a "canine" this evening.

gcreek
03-27-2018, 11:14 PM
All I needed was the trusty old 2008 F150 and a length of pipe to finish her off.

Gave it to the neighbor kids to skin and stretch.

srupp
03-27-2018, 11:29 PM
Thank you.
Steven

landphil
03-27-2018, 11:37 PM
You pulled a tooth?

RyoTHC
03-28-2018, 12:01 AM
On second thought, threads like these are probably exactly what we should avoid currently.. paints us in a bad light.

houndogger
03-28-2018, 07:44 AM
Coyote??? lol

weatherby_man
03-28-2018, 08:41 AM
Run 'em down....LOL....nice work!

Wild one
03-28-2018, 09:25 AM
Careful COs went after guys for incident involving a coyote and truck in vanderhoof

kootenaihunter
03-28-2018, 09:39 AM
Possession of wildlife
33 1)A person commits an offence if the person has live wildlife in his or her personal possession except as authorized under a licence or permit or as provided by regulation.

(2)A person commits an offence if the person has dead wildlife or a part of any wildlife in his or her possession except as authorized under a licence or permit or as provided by regulation.

(3)Subsections (1) and (2) do not apply to a person who possesses wildlife under a licence or permit under the Animal Health Act (http://www.bclaws.ca/civix/document/id/complete/statreg/14016).

http://www.bclaws.ca/Recon/document/ID/freeside/00_96488_01#section33

Razor84
03-28-2018, 10:02 AM
All I needed was the trusty old 2008 F150 and a length of pipe to finish her off.

why would someone post such crap? No wonder hunters get a bad rap in the media and on social media platforms. You might want to delete your post before you get a phone call or a visit from the Conservation Officer Service

silvertipp
03-28-2018, 10:18 AM
Can you say"hook line and sinker"

gcreek
03-28-2018, 10:19 AM
why would someone post such crap? No wonder hunters get a bad rap in the media and on social media platforms. You might want to delete your post before you get a phone call or a visit from the Conservation Officer Service

I can't help that a stupid pup coyote ran in front of my truck. It was hurt pretty bad so I put it out of it's misery and gave it to my trapper friend kids to skin so it wasn't wasted.

Is that stupid?

Would you have carried on by and let it suffer?

For that matter, anyone who has a hunting licence can possess as many coyotes or wolves as they can kill in many areas and sell the hides. Read your rules before you fly to the top of the fence and start crowing.

Razor84
03-28-2018, 10:27 AM
You don't seem to understand that roadkill is not a legal hunting method

Everett
03-28-2018, 10:48 AM
You don't seem to understand that roadkill is not a legal hunting method

It is for a licensed trapper which is the situation described.

kootenaihunter
03-28-2018, 10:54 AM
It is for a licensed trapper which is the situation described.

I did not read that the trapper retrieved the animal, it was given to them after the fact.

kootenaihunter
03-28-2018, 10:59 AM
Also....

Accidental killing of wildlife
75 (1)A person who kills or wounds wildlife, other than prescribed wildlife, either by accident or for the protection of life or property, must promptly report to an officer

(a)the killing or wounding, and

(b)the location of the wildlife.

(2)A person who fails to report as required under subsection (1) commits an offence.

skibum
03-28-2018, 11:11 AM
I can't help that a stupid pup coyote ran in front of my truck. It was hurt pretty bad so I put it out of it's misery and gave it to my trapper friend kids to skin so it wasn't wasted.

Is that stupid?.

No it wasn't stupid - I think it has to do more with how you described it. Whatever.

silvertipp
03-28-2018, 11:12 AM
Does that mean if I run over a squirrel ,I have to report it

303savage
03-28-2018, 11:22 AM
Read your rules before you fly to the top of the fence and start crowing.

I Like that :-)

Gateholio
03-28-2018, 12:06 PM
I’m not sure it’s even legal for a hunter OR trapper to transport and keep a road killed fur bearer like coyote for bait or to retain the pelt for personal use or sales.

I am not familiar enough with road kill trapping regulations to say either way, just vaguely recall a thread here on HBC a few years ago about this topic.

koothunter
03-28-2018, 12:19 PM
I don't believe him because he never posted a picture. If gcreek is gonna call others out for not posting pics, then turn around and do the same, he has already lost any credibility in my books.

gcreek
03-28-2018, 12:47 PM
LOL You guys make me giggle.

If you are good kids I'll share the story about when I beat a cougar to death with a pipe AND got a permit to keep it.

I will email the photos to a couple guys I trust for verification.......... 1996 is a long time ago now.

gcreek
03-28-2018, 12:51 PM
I’m not sure it’s even legal for a hunter OR trapper to transport and keep a road killed fur bearer like coyote for bait or to retain the pelt for personal use or sales.

I am not familiar enough with road kill trapping regulations to say either way, just vaguely recall a thread here on HBC a few years ago about this topic.

It's not legal for dead wolves to migrate to areas where there are bounties paid but it happens regardless.:wink:

338win mag
03-28-2018, 03:51 PM
I want to hear the cougar and pipe story.

weatherby_man
03-28-2018, 03:53 PM
I want to hear the cougar and pipe story.

Me too :)......

LBM
03-28-2018, 04:18 PM
I don't believe him because he never posted a picture. If gcreek is gonna call others out for not posting pics, then turn around and do the same, he has already lost any credibility in my books.

Some times when pictures are posted they are deleted with no explanation. I will post one up again if Gcreek has one that is allowed to stay.

panhead
03-28-2018, 04:26 PM
Me too :)......

Watch out, he might just be layin' a trap with catnip ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lash yourself to the mast as we turn into the teeth of the storm….

gcreek
03-28-2018, 07:52 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lash yourself to the mast as we turn into the teeth of the storm….

In good time old friend!

gcreek
03-28-2018, 07:55 PM
Some times when pictures are posted they are deleted with no explanation. I will post one up again if Gcreek has one that is allowed to stay.

If you have the wherewithal to post photos, you could pm me your email address and post them both up. I may be off to WL tomorrow so no rush.

Panhead can do them too.

I will post the story later tonight.

fuzzybiscuit
03-28-2018, 08:01 PM
Giving the pipe to an old cougar...now that brings back memories...

gcreek
03-28-2018, 08:17 PM
giving the pipe to an old cougar...now that brings back memories...

rotflmao lol

weatherby_man
03-28-2018, 08:57 PM

Hahahaha,,,,,,could beeeee.

albravo2
03-28-2018, 09:04 PM
Geezus, gcreek, the ratio of crap to post is high on this thread.

Good on you. Well played.

If someone, someday, copies this thread to discredit hunters and trappers, we'll do the honourable thing: tell them to pound sand up a donkey's ass.

Johnny G1
03-28-2018, 09:17 PM
Good post, Just about pissed myself.

gcreek
03-28-2018, 09:35 PM
Here it is, I just copied a post I made on another forum years back.

Feb 6, 1996, I was working that winter operating a feller buncher for a local logging company. My wife and two boys had left that afternoon for a couple of days in Williams Lake which is a 4 hr drive from home.
I had been left with the responsibility of looking after Ace, our oldest boy's Border Collie who, when he was still with us, was known affectionately as "our youngest son".
Ace had spent the day sleeping on the front seat of the truck while I cut trees. We arrived home at 1:00 AM in the morning. I started the generator so I could make a bite to eat, let Ace out of the truck, and went in the house to put some wood in the heater.
A couple of minutes later I went out to call Ace and bring him in. I then heard him raising Holy Hell under the lean-to of our old cabin. Very shortly he started sounding more distressed than mad. I started the truck and drove to where the lights would shine on whatever was happening.
I could see yellow and black and white rolling around on the ground. Thinking that Ace had tackled a coyote I bailed out of the truck, grabbed the first 2 hander I could from the junk that was leaned against the cabin wall and ran to help the dog.
When I reached the fray, Ace was closest to me so I jumped over the two of them. THAT was when I realized that the "coyote" had a very long tail and the paw that tried to reach me when I went over was about 6'' across http://ranchers.net/forum/images/smilies/icon_eek.gif . When I landed I spun around and started swinging at the cat's head. I could see that Ace's muzzle was pointed into the cat's mouth and the third swing he let out quite a yelp, pulled free, and left me to pick up the chips. I really don't know how many times I hit the cougar in the head but I wasn't prepared to let it up.
After I was sure the cat was dead I started calling Ace to see how much damage had been done. NO DOG. http://ranchers.net/forum/images/smilies/icon_confused.gif It had snowed a skiff sometime before we got home and I could then see tracks heading out the driveway. I caught up to him about a mile and a half down the road, still running as hard as he could. AWAY. It took a minute or two to B S him into the truck again.
I got him home and doctored him up. He had 2 holes at the top of his skull 1 of them was right through, presumably from the third swing I took that may have drove it in. There was also a big hole in his throat that narrowly missed his jugular, and numerous scratches to his belly and ribs.
The next morning I called the F&W officer so I could get a permit for the skin. When he arrived we decided that the cat was likely a coming 2 year old that was too stupid to follow the deer back to their winter range. By it's size, it should have weighed around 110-120 lbs. On the scale it only weighed 55 lbs.
We had 2 other dogs tied to their doghouses. While we were all gone the cat had spent a lot of time under a little tree where he could watch them but I'm guessing due to his emaciated condition he didn't have the courage to try them on for supper. When Ace came along he forced the issue and lucky for him I was there to help out.
I gave the hide to a friend and a cousin of mine in N. Dak has the cracked skull on her mantlepiece.
Don't tell people your problems, half of em' don't care and the other half are glad you got em' We can all run the neighbors better'n our own

338win mag
03-29-2018, 05:59 AM
Thanks for the story gcreek, **** that was a close one for ace, glad it worked out for you as well.

panhead
03-29-2018, 08:33 AM
[QUOTE=gcreek;1996316]Here it is, I just copied a post I made on another forum years back.

Another true classic from the Chilcotin. Nothing better than listening to the "locals" up there. They are just as great as the scenery.
Ace was the only dog I ever saw clime a pine tree after a squirrel. Great dog.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Toronto ranks in the top ten for greenest city in the world – but Vancouver is still the greediest.

blazing billy
03-29-2018, 03:53 PM
Reminds me of a story, Buddy tells me a cougar attacked a black bear at his place. I called BS. He says he has a picture. I say show me. He shows me a picture of his naked girl friend on a bear rug.

hunter4life223
03-29-2018, 04:32 PM
[QUOTE=gcreek;1996316]Here it is, I just copied a post I made on another forum years back.

Another true classic from the Chilcotin. Nothing better than listening to the "locals" up there. They are just as great as the scenery.
Ace was the only dog I ever saw clime a pine tree after a squirrel. Great dog.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Toronto ranks in the top ten for greenest city in the world – but Vancouver is still the greediest.

Ace and Lester were pretty much inseparable.
gcreek, why don’t you post up the picture of you and the grizzly that did the 10 yard stare down?

gcreek
03-30-2018, 07:31 AM
[QUOTE=panhead;1996389]

Ace and Lester were pretty much inseparable.
gcreek, why don’t you post up the picture of you and the grizzly that did the 10 yard stare down?

You mean the one I taught to sit? I'll have to find it too.

finngun
03-30-2018, 09:48 AM
this is getting better than jello-bells stories..please keep going..laughing is good for everybody..extende life span..i wanna live long life:wink::tongue:

gcreek
03-31-2018, 09:18 AM
#13 wolf died here this morning since Oct.

338win mag
03-31-2018, 10:16 AM
#13 wolf died here this morning since Oct.
Good work gcreek, how did this one die,,,,bullet, snare, trap?

LBM
03-31-2018, 10:39 AM
Good work gcreek, how did this one die,,,,bullet, snare, trap?

Yes curious as well since there had been non around for some time.
Does the calving bring them in.

willyqbc
03-31-2018, 12:43 PM
I call total BS on this picture, it's fabricated.
I've never, ever seen any animal bury a cable through its skin like that.
Seen wolves break off every branch and stir up so much dirt it looked like a warzone but they don't break the skin.
It doesn't happen.
Take your BS anti snare crap out of here.

First off let me say I am NOT anti snare or anti anything trapping wise really....don't know enough to have a dog in the fight.

That being said, my wife shot a good size black bear years ago that was still wearin a necklace, it had completely severed the skin of the head from the rest of the body.

Chris

Boner
03-31-2018, 02:04 PM
Not Gcreeks picture but another cat that chewed or broke the cable of a snare and shows what can happen. To many non-target animals caught in snares. With the use of leg holds at least the non target animals can be let go.

Thats the second time recently that you’ve posted that photo.

We get it, sometimes things don’t happen the way they are supposed to. Your posting a photo of it doesn’t help trappers get support from the general public, and especially when you keep bringing it up increasing the photos exposure.

steveo
03-31-2018, 02:05 PM
Not fabricated at all, I have seen what you mentioned about wolves as well, kind of
shows that snares are not as efficient at killing as some claim.Houndsmen probably harass and kill as much if not more non-target species as snares set by a trapper. The cats in your neighborhood probably kill more birds than the by-catch of all the trappers added up in the province. This photo was already taken down once, you are very slow on the uptake and stubbornly combative.

horshur
03-31-2018, 02:22 PM
I call total BS on this picture, it's fabricated.
I've never, ever seen any animal bury a cable through its skin like that.
Seen wolves break off every branch and stir up so much dirt it looked like a warzone but they don't break the skin.
It doesn't happen.
Take your BS anti snare crap out of here.

you never seen a horse in wire?

houndogger
03-31-2018, 02:24 PM
Houndsmen probably harass and kill as much if not more non-target species as snares set by a trapper. The cats in your neighborhood probably kill more birds than the by-catch of all the trappers added up in the province. This photo was already taken down once, you are very slow on the uptake and stubbornly combative.
Pretty interesting perspective from a guy still pm’ing me about getting a hound??? Why don’t you post up the cat picture that circulated the island last year with the snare around it’s belly...

Boner
03-31-2018, 02:28 PM
You guys are all shooting each other in the foot with this thread.

Give your heads a shake and look at the bigger picture that there are people that don’t want us to hunt by any means. You guys are just adding more fuel to the fire.

steveo
03-31-2018, 02:38 PM
Pretty interesting perspective from a guy still pm’ing me about getting a hound??? Why don’t you post up the cat picture that circulated the island last year with the snare around it’s belly...MY perspective is don't go throwing stones if you like in a glass house. The by catch from trapping and hounding are known factors that are used for setting policy in wildlife management. They are excepted losses and meet tolerance levels for sustaining population levels. I don't want to see trapping picked apart or hound hunting but you of all people should know who they will come for next.

houndogger
03-31-2018, 02:46 PM
Well considering you know nothing about hounding I suggest you leave that alone. Baffles me what this by catch is but I don’t care either. How many wolves you catch this year?

LBM
03-31-2018, 02:47 PM
Houndsmen probably harass and kill as much if not more non-target species as snares set by a trapper. The cats in your neighborhood probably kill more birds than the by-catch of all the trappers added up in the province. This photo was already taken down once, you are very slow on the uptake and stubbornly combative.

Interesting what non-target species are houndsmen killing.

steveo
03-31-2018, 03:02 PM
Well considering you know nothing about hounding I suggest you leave that alone. Baffles me what this by catch is but I don’t care either. How many wolves you catch this year?I am not interested in discussing hound hunting just trying to show it is a related activity that the antis will come for next because they have already made lots of noise in that direction. I apologize if my point of view offends anyone but it was intended to show we need to stick together and that the antis will take the same approach. I can't wrap my head around posting a pic of a snared cat and thinking that is shoring up the hunting and trapping community.

LBM
03-31-2018, 03:14 PM
I am not interested in discussing hound hunting just trying to show it is a related activity that the antis will come for next because they have already made lots of noise in that direction. I apologize if my point of view offends anyone but it was intended to show we need to stick together and that the antis will take the same approach. I can't wrap my head around posting a pic of a snared cat and thinking that is shoring up the hunting and trapping community.

Not interested in talking hound hunting yet you say they kill as much if not more non target species then snares. What is the non target species they are killing?

steveo
03-31-2018, 03:54 PM
Not interested in talking hound hunting yet you say they kill as much if not more non target species then snares. What is the non target species they are killing?I said harass and kill, and to elaborate I would think harass would carry most of the guilt. I have my opinion based on stories, houndsmen forums and you tube videos such as yourself. Since you posted a pic of a cougar twice and have mentioned it before about cougar as non-target I thought getting your attention about hound hunting was fitting since there has been nothing but extensive dialogue from the antis about targeting it next. I sincerely can't see anything positive about your open campaign against snares in this format. If changes should be made this is not the platform.

IronNoggin
03-31-2018, 04:08 PM
... I sincerely can't see anything positive about your open campaign against snares in this format. If changes should be made this is not the platform.

100% Concur. http://bigshotsbc.ca/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/Pozitive.gif
Not just this BS either.
We all understand that those who oppose our heritage and way of life are gold-mining this site, hand picking the posts and especially pictures they can use against us. If you don't understand that yet, GET A GRIP!
Posting anything of a negative context will get you, and us noticed alright. In a way we certainly do not want to be.
Please save that crap for elsewhere, and keep our activities here on the up & up!

Thanks,
Nog

gcreek
03-31-2018, 04:28 PM
Yes curious as well since there had been non around for some time.
Does the calving bring them in.

Let's get back on track kids...........

The snow conditions here have been pretty tough this winter. Lays removed 12 wolves between mid Oct. and early Jav. use traps. We have not seen a track around since then. This wolf thought he was going to be Casa Nova to our Marrema Livestock Guardian dog. Didn't work that way........ It is a male, very badly rubbed and quite thin. Bite marks all over it so thinking it was recently driven from a pack

The crust on the snow is thick enough to carry this wolf's weight when it ran a short distance after it became shot. Thinking we will be seeing more around shortly as the Game Branch recently counted wolves in the Itchas and Ulgatchos and there were lots. Moose and Caribou will be easy to kill now.

LBM, I'm not a fan of snares either but some folks are very effective with them. Sadly, we can't all have 100% positive results with most things we do in life. We aren't really into calving yet, the trickle has started but the dam hasn't burst.

LBM
03-31-2018, 08:07 PM
I said harass and kill, and to elaborate I would think harass would carry most of the guilt. I have my opinion based on stories, houndsmen forums and you tube videos such as yourself. Since you posted a pic of a cougar twice and have mentioned it before about cougar as non-target I thought getting your attention about hound hunting was fitting since there has been nothing but extensive dialogue from the antis about targeting it next. I sincerely can't see anything positive about your open campaign against snares in this format. If changes should be made this is not the platform.
Not sure what you mean buy how you end your second sentence with "such as yourself"
I have never posted a video on you tube. My opinion is mostly based on what I see. Im well aware of what may be being targeted also no why and what the main cause of it is.
Curious as to why your scared to let out what goes on out there. Is it better to lie
abut it and hide it
Again the pictures are taking down but no explanation why.
Yes many non-target animals are caught in snares, heck first time the picture was up first response was a trapper who said he had caught many cougars in his lynx and coyote snares.
again here someone mentions a bear and another a cougar.
What platform should it be discussed in.

LBM
03-31-2018, 08:14 PM
Let's get back on track kids...........

The snow conditions here have been pretty tough this winter. Lays removed 12 wolves between mid Oct. and early Jav. use traps. We have not seen a track around since then. This wolf thought he was going to be Casa Nova to our Marrema Livestock Guardian dog. Didn't work that way........ It is a male, very badly rubbed and quite thin. Bite marks all over it so thinking it was recently driven from a pack

The crust on the snow is thick enough to carry this wolf's weight when it ran a short distance after it became shot. Thinking we will be seeing more around shortly as the Game Branch recently counted wolves in the Itchas and Ulgatchos and there were lots. Moose and Caribou will be easy to kill now.

LBM, I'm not a fan of snares either but some folks are very effective with them. Sadly, we can't all have 100% positive results with most things we do in life. We aren't really into calving yet, the trickle has started but the dam hasn't burst.

Yes that time of year for them as well so could very well be driving from the pack, and yes snow conditions are at the worst for the ungulates right now.
Yes some are effective at the intended target but sadly many aren't.
Good luck with the calving hopefully things go smoothly.

snipersights
03-31-2018, 08:16 PM
It’s legal for status metis to keep roadkill in bc. Unless I’m wrong I think your fine if you have status. Still not a good idea to post

gcreek
03-31-2018, 09:59 PM

Apparently, both LBM’s photo and TexasWalker’s post were deleted before I saw them. I would ask LBM to pm me the photo and will surmise that TW really has no clue of anything at all.

TexasWalker
04-01-2018, 03:06 AM

A horse caught in a fence and animal in a killing snare are very different circumstances.

Ride Red
04-01-2018, 06:14 AM
100% Concur. http://bigshotsbc.ca/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/Pozitive.gif
Not just this BS either.
We all understand that those who oppose our heritage and way of life are gold-mining this site, hand picking the posts and especially pictures they can use against us. If you don't understand that yet, GET A GRIP!
Posting anything of a negative context will get you, and us noticed alright. In a way we certainly do not want to be.
Please save that crap for elsewhere, and keep our activities here on the up & up!

Thanks,
Nog

Everything we do as hunters, fishermen and trappers is considered wrong by the anti’s. Hiding what we do only creates more secrets. Be proud of your outdoor heritage and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

338win mag
04-01-2018, 08:51 AM
Everything we do as hunters, fishermen and trappers is considered wrong by the anti’s[. Hiding what we do only creates more secrets. Be proud of your outdoor heritage and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
Yup ^^^^^^^^

IronNoggin
04-01-2018, 11:09 AM
Everything we do as hunters, fishermen and trappers is considered wrong by the anti’s. Hiding what we do only creates more secrets. Be proud of your outdoor heritage and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

Please do not misunderstand me in this regard.
I am DAMN PROUD of my outdoor heritage, and especially so of the hunting which runs back as many generations in my line as one can count.

And I am rather astute regarding the thoughts of the anti's towards that.
In fact, I engage them (and our politicos) damn near as much as any I know.

Not suggesting "hiding".
Strongly suggesting that hand-feeding the opposition ammunition that can and will be used directly against us is a Fool's Errand.
Such as the picture that has been repeatedly removed here - for good reason.
Or perhaps the grizz video that sickened even many of our own, and helped in some ways to shut down that hunt.
I see no value in cutting one's own throat.

If you cannot grasp what I am saying, I suggest you sit back and ponder it for a moment.
Hopefully common sense will prevail...

Cheers,
Nog

338win mag
04-01-2018, 11:13 AM
Big difference between anti-hunter and non-hunter.

Ride Red
04-01-2018, 11:33 AM
Please do not misunderstand me in this regard.
I am DAMN PROUD of my outdoor heritage, and especially so of the hunting which runs back as many generations in my line as one can count.

And I am rather astute regarding the thoughts of the anti's towards that.
In fact, I engage them (and our politicos) damn near as much as any I know.

Not suggesting "hiding".
Strongly suggesting that hand-feeding the opposition ammunition that can and will be used directly against us is a Fool's Errand.
Such as the picture that has been repeatedly removed here - for good reason.
Or perhaps the grizz video that sickened even many of our own, and helped in some ways to shut down that hunt.
I see no value in cutting one's own throat.

If you cannot grasp what I am saying, I suggest you sit back and ponder it for a moment.
Hopefully common sense will prevail...

Cheers,
Nog

Problem is, every picture is ammunition for anti’s; some more than others. I’m just getting more pissed off about the attack on us as outdoorsmen who cherish what we have. We are the true conservationists who continually support wildlife in this country, not some yuppy assholes looking out of their apartment building who don’t understand **** all regarding the subject. And I too have generations in my family as hunters who pioneered the prairies. This isn’t an attack on your post, just a go **** the anti’s rank.

IronNoggin
04-01-2018, 11:44 AM
... This isn’t an attack on your post, just a go **** the anti’s rank.

Understood. Thanks.

You are FAR from alone in your angst over the actions of the misguided.
I would suggest the vast majority here completely concur with you on that.
And you can certainly count myself in on that.

That said, I do tend to believe that if we can avoid over-inflammatory pictures / videos like the type I mentioned, by doing so we can also avoid handing them any further ammo.

I will not stop posting my own hunting pictures, and I wouldn't want others to do so neither.
But we all recognize when a video if photo is in bad taste / inflammatory in nature.
All I am suggesting is think of the potential negative connotations before posting...

Cheers,
Nog

REMINGTON JIM
04-01-2018, 12:09 PM

Good on you ! and get a few more too however how you have to do it ! :smile: PHUCK the antis they will NEVER change there minds anyhow ! jmo RJ

eric
04-01-2018, 12:32 PM
I agree, we do have to be carefull on the pics we post on social media,as well as hunting sites.
Just checked, 123 folks signed in, 290 guests on HBC right now.
How many Antis are checking us out, right now

REMINGTON JIM
04-01-2018, 01:01 PM
I agree, we do have to be carefull on the pics we post on social media,as well as hunting sites.

Prob FAR ! too many BUT you can't change that anyhow ! :cry: There always going to on here or lurking in the woods ! :twisted: jmo RJ

SSG-man
04-01-2018, 01:09 PM
share stories be proud, in a tasteful way.

gcreek
04-01-2018, 01:20 PM

To be truthful, it doesn't matter.

butthead
04-02-2018, 06:38 AM
and probably thats why its there.

butthead
04-02-2018, 06:40 AM
On second thought, threads like these are probably exactly what we should avoid currently.. paints us in a bad light.

and probably that's why its there.

sawmill
04-02-2018, 08:45 AM
I have a horse, jackall and 4 people in a ....Really... Ford Pinto story.
They came around a corner early morning in heavy fog and ran into a herd of horses. So we come along seconds later on the way to work and Jesus, what a friggen mess. Car in the ditch with a dead horse on the roof, 3 more laying in the middle of the road with broken legs, screaming in pain, a man and wife and 2 little kids trapped in the Pinto, yelling their heads off. Only thing I could find to kill the horses was a jack all. Big golf swing .Drag them into the ditch. We got the family out and to town, broken arms and legs but they all made it. It was surreal , dark and so foggy you couldn't see 20 feet, horses screaming, kids and mom screaming ,smoke and steam pouring from the car.
We drove them into town and the cops wanted to talk to us, my boss was pissed, he wanted us to go to work. Talked to the cops and took the rest of the day and got semi drunk. Several days later the family invited us to supper. Very nice folks.

338win mag
04-02-2018, 09:48 AM
They came around a corner early morning in heavy fog and ran into a herd of horses. So we come along seconds later on the way to work and Jesus, what a friggen mess. Car in the ditch with a dead horse on the roof, 3 more laying in the middle of the road with broken legs, screaming in pain, a man and wife and 2 little kids trapped in the Pinto, yelling their heads off. Only thing I could find to kill the horses was a jack all. Big golf swing .Drag them into the ditch. We got the family out and to town, broken arms and legs but they all made it. It was surreal , dark and so foggy you couldn't see 20 feet, horses screaming, kids and mom screaming ,smoke and steam pouring from the car.
We drove them into town and the cops wanted to talk to us, my boss was pissed, he wanted us to go to work. Talked to the cops and took the rest of the day and got semi drunk. Several days later the family invited us to supper. Very nice folks.
Were you late for work?

finngun
04-02-2018, 10:01 AM
nog....I will not stop posting my own hunting pictures, and I wouldn't want others to do so neither.
But we all recognize when a video if photo is in bad taste / inflammatory in nature.
All I am suggesting is think of the potential negative connotations before posting...///

well hunting is hobby too like many others,,should all hobby pictures be to be 'shamed'....im not shame put up picture with game down and gun showing..even some blood drops her and there..those moments are top of my memories..//bad taste photos are diff. story..//skinning of animal is not bad taste on my books..just natural.;)

gcreek
04-02-2018, 01:59 PM

You are to be commended for putting the suffering horses out of their misery. Many would not have.

Glad the family survived.

Have you heard the story about the Newfie taking his cow Bessie to the bull and having a Wreck?

srupp
04-04-2018, 12:59 PM
Hmm family driving north of Williams lake. .hits a deer just before the airport..on hwy 97..winshield caved in..familly vehicle in ditch . mostly ok..deer is critically injured..but still flopping..first vehicle on scene BCAS paramedic crew..lights on..bail out check passengers..one Paramedic exits ambulance with oxygen tank raises it up over his head repeatadly..to end the deers suffering. .
Must have made one hell of a sight. .lmao..

Myself had a deer hit the side window mirror on BCAS ambulance en route code 3..emergency..both of us ok..vehicle could besafetly driven the 1 km to scene..I got a second ambulance to respond when dispatch informed me to meet up with RCMP at original accident scene..on arrival @ scene police officer asked to see my license..I passed him my drivers license. .he said no..your hunting license and deer tag...LMAO

Animal strikes are very common source of AMBULANCE calls and can be extremely serious..or even fatal...the moose and large black beef cows..
Steven

Piperdown
04-04-2018, 02:01 PM
Just checked, 122 folks signed in, 1 Jassmine, 290 guests on HBC right now.

There just had to fix that for you :mrgreen: