PDA

View Full Version : Selling grizzly claws

Truecraft
03-25-2018, 09:21 AM
Question, is it legal to sell the claws of a grizzly?
not doing it myself, just saw an ad for it

Skull Hunter
03-25-2018, 09:24 AM
They look more like black bear claws to me. Either way, call the local CO's and let them know about it.

Bchunt
03-25-2018, 09:26 AM
Black bear. No doubt about it.

Ride Red
03-25-2018, 09:34 AM
Those could be from the rear paws of a grizzly.

M.Dean
03-25-2018, 09:42 AM
Black bear claws for sure, and yep, it's illegal to sell them. And please correct me if I'm wrong, which I'm sure someone will, but I don't think even me, or I, or you know, one of "them FN's" can sell or trade Grizzly bear parts, can they???

ian745
03-25-2018, 12:02 PM
Question, is it legal to sell the claws of a grizzly?
not doing it myself, just saw an ad for it

i saw that same add haha

squamishhunter
03-25-2018, 04:42 PM
And yet it's perfectly ok to sell antler sheds...

358mag
03-25-2018, 04:48 PM
And yet it's perfectly ok to sell antler sheds...

Do grizzly bears shed there claws ????

Stone Sheep Steve
03-25-2018, 05:26 PM
You could legally sell a legally taken grizzly hide in BC before the hunting ban.
Probably still legal to sell a hide or parts (those that aren't listed as illegal...paws....gall etc)..........but don't quote me on that.

SSS

tko
03-25-2018, 05:52 PM
Do you guys think grizzly bear rugs and mounts will go up in price because they can’t be hunted anymore ?

Stone Sheep Steve
03-25-2018, 06:03 PM
Do you guys think grizzly bear rugs and mounts will go up in price because they can’t be hunted anymore ?

Remember...this is only in BC. Still open in YT, NWT and Alaska.

knothead
03-25-2018, 09:07 PM
It is my understanding that it is illegal to posses bear "parts" you can have a whole skin with paws on but not just the paws.

sawmill
03-26-2018, 09:00 AM
Nope, under the new law you can only take the meat. Skull, hide claws ect stay in the bush. Unless you are F.N. then you can have a "ceremony"
And those are black bear claws. Same restriction though. Can`t sell bear claws.

Wild one
03-26-2018, 09:04 AM

Nope, under the new law you can only take the meat. Skull, hide claws ect stay in the bush. Unless you are F.N. then you can have a "ceremony"

Unfortunately that option was taken as well grizz hunt is shut down

Rackmastr
03-26-2018, 09:04 AM

That was what the proposition was. There is NO grizzly hunting in BC anymore for licensed hunters.

kootenaihunter
03-26-2018, 09:15 AM
Ownership of all dead wildlife and wildlife parts is vested in the government of B.C. A person gains a property right in dead wildlife if:

the wildlife was lawfully killed and the person has complied with all applicable provisions of the Wildlife Act and regulations; or
the owner has a permit or licence issued under the Wildlife Actor Game Farm Act; or
the wildlife was purchased through the Crown assets disposal auction.

A person does not need a Wildlife Act permit or licence to possess wildlife or parts that have been processed or manufactured into a product that no longer resembles the original dead wildlife or parts. However, no clear definition of the words "processed or manufactured" and "no longer resembles" is currently provided in the legislation. This results in confusion for users and Ministry staff.

Looks like it's illegal to buy it unless you get but above said means. If you process it into something, you can sell it (taxidermy, necklace, etc.) but if you just sell a parts, paw, claw, etc. it is illegal. You can't sell wild meat or raw skins (different with fur) but if you tan it, you can.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlifeactreview/discussion/disc_06.html