PDA

View Full Version : Heffley or KTSA Kamloops shooting range

morphiend
03-24-2018, 07:24 AM
Hi all,

I recently moved to Kamloops am in trying to decide to which shooting range to join. I did a search and most of the information on the ranges seems to be a bit old so I'm looking for some current advice. I would mainly be shooting rifle, rimfire and occasionally hand gun. Both are about the same distance away, with KTSA being a little bit quicker to get to for me. Advice?

Thanks,

LuckyHorseshoe
03-24-2018, 11:50 AM
I've had a membership to heffley, great range. They have a nice covered rifle range, with a wood stove. The only negatives would be the closure for cattle grazing throughout June I think? And when the rcmp are on the pistol range (probly once a month) rifle is closed past 100m. They have a good schedule on their website so always check before you go. It's usually fairly quiet there. Never have had more than 3/4 shooters there at the same time.

sausage lover
04-01-2018, 09:53 AM
KTSA is a great range,orientation drags on way to long but other than that it's an good place to shoot long range out to 900m and they have indoor pistol down town.

morphiend
04-01-2018, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the replies gents.

Sausage lover - is the indoor included in the membership when you sign up for the long range or are they separate?

sausage lover
04-08-2018, 10:55 AM
Indoor pistol and rimfire is included.