PDA

View Full Version : Pronghorn.?

Rotorwash
03-21-2018, 12:03 AM
Has anyone here hunted Wyoming or montana for pronghorn? It looks like it might be a fun adventure next year or the year after but I have no clue how to go about setting it up.
Anyone have any pointers?

BCHunterFSJ
03-21-2018, 06:04 PM
I've done South Dakota.
PM me for details.

Vic

Bchunt
03-21-2018, 06:36 PM
Simply the best hunt I have ever been on. We did it different from most others. Did 100%back pack hunts along the breaks. Got way away from all the roads. Saw a lot of critters. Did a lot of belly crawls for long distances. Always had complete success.

Many people just drive roads, hunting and chasing with vehicles. Get off and hike. It's some of the easiest country to walk in - no logs to step over, trees to duck under. It's all spot and stalk

Bring knee pads and Kevlar gloves - for the cactus when crawling.

srupp
03-21-2018, 07:32 PM
Hmm looked at hunts..3 days $1700..hunt ends on success..
Check out Jack Atkinson he connects hunters and areas.. $$$..he was peddling speed goat hunts 3 days $4500 usd
Sat with the crew from Silver sage outfitters in Alberta..specialize in pronghorn..reliable..good guys. $4500 can.
Cheers my friend
Steven

MOOSE MILK
03-22-2018, 12:12 AM
Went to Casper Wyoming about 20 years ago, stopped in at the game wardens head office there and they pointed us to state owned land where we had a great hunt. My buddy a policeman from Medicine Hat used his .44 mag. revolver and I used a flintlock rifle, talk about a fun hunt!!! Back then it was no problem carrying a hand gun there hunting, I kept the campfire spit loaded with rabbit. And lots of Prairie Dogs to keep yer shootin' eye sharp.
Drive the public land till you spot something then get out and walk and your sure to see lots.

Brez
03-22-2018, 11:00 AM
Forbes outfitters in Kaycee was great. We filled our archery tags in a day and a half. Lots to do in little old Kaycee. They have a rodeo every Friday.
Did a rifle hunt in Pinedale with Mule Shoe Outfitters 4 or 5 years ago. the town sits at 8000 feet. Spectacular country on the edge of Yellowstone ! big muleys and bugling elk all around us.
Contact outfitters for best times.
Both hunts were around $1800 US