PDA

View Full Version : Relocating from Vancouver Island to Cranbrook

smeegle
03-18-2018, 09:40 PM
Hi everyone,

I have accepted a job as a natural resource officer with the BC government and will be relocating to Cranbrook in May, I am very excited to fish, camp, and explore a new part of the province (I have also lived in Prince Rupert and Spent two years in the Yukon). I was curious to know of anyone had any recommendations on local organizations to get involved with and the best fish and game/range club around. I served on the board of directors with the Yukon Fish and Game Association and would be interested in getting involved and connecting with the hunting/outdoors community in the east Kooteneys! Housing also appears to be an issue and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the best place to look for accommodations?

Hope to meet some of you fine folk in the future!

Marc Jubinville

Greenthumbed
03-19-2018, 06:26 AM
Hi Marc,

You really will like the East Kootenays I'm sure! I live a couple hours north of Cranbrook. I suggest you look into the BC chapter of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers. There are a lot of members in and around the Cranbrook area.

Chad

303savage
03-22-2018, 09:19 AM
What is a natural Resource Officer?

patbrennan
03-22-2018, 09:40 AM
Check out the local silhouette club, I think they use the Bull River range and have hosted the canadian nationals at least twice recently.