PDA

View Full Version : WILD TV programs

xcaribooer
03-18-2018, 05:14 PM
what do you all think of the quality of programming on WILD TV?

I find there are less than 1/4 of the shows I will actually sit and watch.
-way too many yanks hunting deer from a tree stand over a food plot= LAME..not really hunting..
-too many bear hunting from a tree stand shows ..lame- kinda hunting but not really
-skidoo shows? what does that have to do with hunting?
-Ryan goes rouge?? WTF that show is just r*****ed (sorry if this is politically incorrect to say)
-save the fishing shows for the fishing channel please...

-the best show is not even on any more as far as I can tell , cant remember the name but the host was Brad Fry
-I Like the shows where people are actually out looking for animals and stalking them
-I find the African safari shows cool to watch too

sorry just a little bored here waiting for supper to cook so thought I would rant :)

Drillbit
03-18-2018, 05:32 PM
Ya
not many good shows on there

blaine
03-18-2018, 05:38 PM
The Guides life. (Brad Fry), Solo Hunter was ok as well

264mag
03-18-2018, 05:42 PM
You tube has much more content. Hardly watch wild tv anymore.

Ferenc
03-18-2018, 05:55 PM
Always like the “Guides Life” .... but have not seen it on there for a while.

dana
03-18-2018, 06:01 PM
Live2Hunt is by far my most favourite WildTV program.

xcaribooer
03-18-2018, 06:29 PM
yes the guides life! , I hope they bring it back

dino
03-18-2018, 06:55 PM
Just one big infomercial!

Stone Sheep Steve
03-18-2018, 06:59 PM
Dont ever just sit and watch the channel. PVR is your best friend.

My PVR Liist includes.....

Fatal Impact (young crew getting better ever year)

Jason Petersons Into the Wild

Dean Partridge Canadian Whitetail

Into High Country

Outdoor Quest

Relentless Pursuit (top couple for me)

True Magnum TV

Live2hunt

Best of the West (some episodes)

CITR (some episodes)

Driven with Pat and Nicole (over the top B takes but content is fairly diversified)

Bowhunter TV

Sheep Shape (good content so far but the announcer is a bit much)

Winchester's Deadly Passion (some episodes- I like Mellissa)

valleycowboy
03-18-2018, 07:10 PM
if i'm not mistaken...the shows run quarterly.
for example....live2hunt have a number of episodes and run every second quarter.
that's why it goes away for a couple months.
not sure what happened to a guides life.
guides life
live2hunt

Jason Petersons Into the Wild
Dean Partridge Canadian Whitetail
are the ones I always watch.

S.W.A.T.
03-18-2018, 07:35 PM
I don't mind some of the Canada in the rough or Canadian tradition but those can be found on other channels as well.

Cyrus
03-18-2018, 07:40 PM
It sucks...got rid of it a long time ago. Mostly southerners dressed and make up for warfare and loudmouths then the rest and most of the cdn content is all private land hunts excluding the goat sheep and moose. The mule whitetail deer hunting looks good but they don't leave the alfalfa and food plots. All of it is unrealistic hunting for the avg guy for the most part.

Slinky Pickle
03-18-2018, 07:53 PM
Ya, if I see one more Rapid Worms ad I'm going to lose it.

Brad Fry is the best, hope to see him return.
After that, these are my PVR choices

C.I.T.R.
Live2Hunt
J.S. Hunting Adventures
Relentless Pursuit
Driven

bigredchev
03-18-2018, 08:03 PM
into the high country made me want to wall tent for 30 days and live a life long dream...

the rest are a real life nightmare

rysm goes rogue is an all time low and a black eye on setious hunters

srupp
03-18-2018, 10:51 PM
Brad Fry is THE best imo..why he does what he does shows serious thought process and experienced guide thought process..will watch his shows for 3rd time before Ryan goes potty shyte..disgraceful..Shockey is good..so is Cody and Kelsey"
Srupp

sawmill
03-19-2018, 08:23 AM
All of them, 7 minutes of hunting and 23 of commercials. PVR, skip the crap and you can watch 20 shows in less than an hour.

ryanszeredi
03-19-2018, 08:27 AM
iv just been watching stuff on youtube lately. mountain project and the land of the free series have been plenty to fill my time.

russm86
03-19-2018, 08:53 AM
I got rid of WildTV, now use My Outdoor TV (MOTV). It's all on demand/streaming, no commercials, run from your browser or download the app. Most of the shows from WILDTV are on there plus a lot more that aren't. You can browse by genre (hunting, fishing, shooting, etc) or search for specific shows or add them to your favorites and every show is laid out by each season and episode and shows you which ones you've watched. There is only 1 show on WILDTV that I liked and isn't on MOTV yet (Hornady's Dark and Dangerous) and I've requested they look into getting it.

BCHunterFSJ
03-19-2018, 10:58 AM
My favourites were the Shockey shows. Whatever happened to them?
Don't watch Wild TV much anymore. Like the international hunt shows the best.
Not really into watching people shooting does...

BCHunterTV
03-19-2018, 11:30 AM
Brad fry and sheep shape are my fav on wildtv... also I watch a lot a YouTube channels. The mountain project etc

Weatherby Fan
03-19-2018, 11:41 AM
I really like Outdoor Quest with TJ and Vanessa, always good shows, they have a good variation in hunts

RugDoctor
03-19-2018, 12:51 PM
Solo Hunter....Tim Burnett and Remy Warren have a YouTube channel. Self filmed solo hunts with no crew or enturage

Springer
03-19-2018, 11:53 PM
What ? Nobody watches the Boneyard !!
Another show I miss is Steves Outdoor Adventures. Brad Fry I believe is only doing You Tube. If you have a smart TV your set to watch non stop you tube and no PVR required.
I know a few of the Tv hosts on Wild and its kinda cool to see where they are Hunting in Alberta..Some areas I have hunted..

Bunner
03-20-2018, 01:57 AM
I don't do cable or sat. Never home or hanging out with my kids. When I want everything I watch is on YouTube and Netflix. Plus I got one of those Android boxs so any show is on there

Bugle M In
03-20-2018, 10:45 AM
I got rid of it quite some time ago now.
Live to hunt was good, but then hey, it helps to be able to hunt private land.
Felt some of the Canadian stuff like Canadian Tradition became nothing more then Advertisement.
Much of the American stuff is "Outfitter Advertisement".
Rather watch regular joes/janes, hunting regular areas, on their own, like we do.
But then, like others say, you can find those on youtube.

Camp Cook
03-21-2018, 08:08 AM
I have the channel but don;t watch it much I have some favorite shows but mostly I am embarrassed by the actions of a lot of the hunters.

They get set up in a blind/tree stand wait for a trophy animal to arrive that the host has filmed for the last 5 years shoot it then start crying that they got such an awesome animal while all they did was sit where they were told to sit...

Not hunting as far as I am concerned...

Fella
03-21-2018, 08:15 AM
Wild tv is awesome, who doesn’t like watching a grown man scream and shout after hauling in a massive 2 lb crappie?

eastkoot
03-21-2018, 09:17 AM
Ryan goes rouge.. WTF stupid asshole.. Are they that hard up for programming!! What a dork...And know they have Stacy the car car, not what I signed up for

Camp Cook
03-21-2018, 10:41 AM
I'n thinking to keep Wild TV going 24/7 they have to put some of the harder to watch shows on.

gunpower
03-21-2018, 11:20 AM
Just one big infomercial!
2X on the commercials .

MichelD
03-21-2018, 11:30 AM
Don't have cable TV or Netflix. I watch none of that shit.

Gives me tons of time to do other stuff like tinker with hunting gear or work in the garden and I like it that way.

BCHunterTV
03-21-2018, 09:29 PM
I miss my show I was on ...😉

M.Dean
03-22-2018, 11:32 AM
Wild TV has done more damage to the image of hunting than cancer has done to all of Man Kind!

Bugle M In
03-22-2018, 07:04 PM
Wild TV has done more damage to the image of hunting than cancer has done to all of Man Kind!

That's how I felt about it.
There are some "class acts" there, especially the "solo hunts" IMO....but...
There was way to many, usually American shows, that just make us hunters look like a bunch of
uneducated rednek hillbillies, with nothing to offer but the "size of the bone".
It's not what I like to have "reflected about me and how I pursue hunting", and more importantly,
"why I hunt".

whitetailsheds
03-22-2018, 07:43 PM
WAS an ardent WILDTV defender.........until Ryan Goes Rogue!! Actually asked myself after a couple minutes, "OMG....am I watching this?".......then changed the channel!
Now with some car shows entering the scene, called Shaw and shut 'er down!
She's been spiraling and sputtering for a while now!

Cyrus
03-22-2018, 07:55 PM
That's how I felt about it.
There are some "class acts" there, especially the "solo hunts" IMO....but...
There was way to many, usually American shows, that just make us hunters look like a bunch of
uneducated rednek hillbillies, with nothing to offer but the "size of the bone".
It's not what I like to have "reflected about me and how I pursue hunting", and more importantly,
"why I hunt".

Yep. This is what gives the antis more ammo...the ultimate warrior make up...screaming and yelling after the shot...all about the "trophy". Some the cdn content is okay but beside the mountain and moose hunts the rest of the hunts takes place in a farmer's field. Some big game but let's face it totally unrealistic for the avg person and hardly a tough hunt....

Fella
03-22-2018, 08:31 PM
I like shows where they don’t always connect and when they do it’s not necessarily a book animal. Meateater comes to mind as a show that I think paints a realistic and down to earth picture of hunting. Rinella has more than a few episodes where he comes up empty handed and he’s not ashamed of that because that’s the reality of hunting.

Bugle M In
03-22-2018, 08:49 PM
I just want to see average guys showing how they "approach a new area", without any "guide knowledge".
Show me how they "dissect an area" to hunt it.
Show me the hard climb, the physical effort, the fun in camaraderie.
And yes, show me the hunt and the pursuit.
Show me the success, and then the major effort to pack it out.
Not just, wow, look at that beast etc....and the n later....okay..get the side by side here to take it away.
Show what hunting "totally entails", show me the "scenery", you know, an area where I may never have been, but now since
you have shown me, I may now want to explore that area for myself.
Not a ranch, where it will cost me 5-10 grand to show up....F*** that!.

Gateholio
03-23-2018, 08:51 AM
I like the shooting shows more than most of the hunting shows. It’s only $3 a month so I have it but don’t watch much. Never seen Ryan goes rogue, now I want to watch it !

boxhitch
03-23-2018, 10:07 AM
You can't beat Jim Shockeys Hunting Adventures )
Actually pretty down to earth

I like the exotics so Hornady's Dark and Dangerous, Bushnells Trigger Effect by a couple of locals, Rob Dunhams Magnum Reloaded, Colorado Buck

Gave up on waiting for Larysa to get unleashed
and yes pvr is mandatory

Rhyla
03-23-2018, 12:20 PM
We've subscribed to WildTV on and off over the years. There's a handful of shows that are ok, but I can't think of the names off the top of my head. Haven't had it in a while now. My main beef is that almost all of the shows are all about the kill shot/trophy without enough emphasis on the journey up to that point. The kill is the least important part of the hunt for me, so I just find them lacking. My favorite hunting show by leaps and bounds is Meat Eater (and before that, The Wild Within.)

deer nut
03-23-2018, 12:30 PM
The Guides life. (Brad Fry), Solo Hunter was ok as well Agree 100%. Only shows I watch anymore.

Stone Sheep Steve
03-23-2018, 01:27 PM
Agree 100%. Only shows I watch anymore.

Forgot to include Solohunter and Shockeys shows to my PVR list. They aren't airing at the moment so they were buried down the list on my PVR settings.

firebird
03-23-2018, 01:55 PM
Can't stand Cody Robbins whispering all the time

Jim trusts his life on his hat, or handkerchief or leupold..... all in all he's one of the better shows

The bear whisperer, I don't know how he seas out from under his beanie

Hollywood hunter probably has his pack full of brill cream

Im just getting started there's more I can't stand like Lee and Tiffany

there are a few I PVR to so I do enjoy the channel

Ron.C
03-23-2018, 02:30 PM
I cancelled my WildTV some time ago. Like many, I think the over reaction to a kill is very off putting. I am all for getting excited and celebrating success, but some of this is just rediculous.

Avalanche123
03-23-2018, 04:53 PM
Meat Hunter on net flicks caught my attention. So far not bad, definitely very little over reaction to kill shots and in fact, on several hunts, he isn't successful.

Muledeercrazy2
03-24-2018, 04:01 PM
I like shows where they don’t always connect and when they do it’s not necessarily a book animal. Meateater comes to mind as a show that I think paints a realistic and down to earth picture of hunting. Rinella has more than a few episodes where he comes up empty handed and he’s not ashamed of that because that’s the reality of hunting.

I definitely agree with that, most of the shows on wild tv make hunters look bad and aren't very entertaining. I am close to cancelling

AlexPdHJ
03-24-2018, 06:15 PM
So far for me the only two shows I like are Solo Hunter and Meat Eater which is not even on Wild TV. I watch the channel less and less.

Bugle M In
03-25-2018, 03:16 PM
Well, I just watched "Canada in the Rough" today, as it was on City tv this morning.
It was "Elk hunting on the Muskwa".
I may be partial, due o the fact I am an avid elk hunter myself.
But, I just want to say "bravo"...great episode!
Well done, and even though they used an outfitter (nothing wrong there) and yes, a little advertising during the show for
products (which lets face it, they need to do to get funding for the show), I feel they did a great job of showing hunting in a
manner that was respectful, showed great scenery, showed what was involved, and one can expect if they chose to do this hunt etc.
I think this is exactly what I would like to see, to watch, and to represent us as hunters.
Good job...enjoyed it!

Harv
03-25-2018, 04:19 PM
i know these guys need to have sponsors to pay for the content, but i think they could promote the products in a classier manner then they do. i was watching a show this morning, can't remember what one, but after a kill shot was made it seemed the animal hadn't even expired yet and the guy was already in the cameras face telling the viewer what brand of gun and optic they were using. makes it tough to watch. just my opinion, but a lot of the shows now lack class and respect with too much emphasis on the kill and the products and forget why most of us really out there. its definitely giving me the inspiration to put more effort into my hunting videos. youtube seems to have better content with hunters making their own films and not product pushing.

Harv.

ramcam
03-27-2018, 01:03 PM
One of the worst shows I find is Rawhide hunting and the dork that hosts this show, full blown idiot in my opinion.
they have dropped some good ones over the years, the best being Brad Fry.

Fella
03-27-2018, 01:25 PM
I don’t mind Dean Partridges Canadian Whitetail but I find Dean to have the personality and charisma of a cardboard box

Treed
03-27-2018, 10:43 PM
I just forked out for all the meat eater episodes. Great show. His podcasts are even better. He’s a great hunter/conservationist. Plus he had some novel takes on cooking game.

bigneily
03-29-2018, 09:05 PM
One of the worst shows I find is Rawhide hunting and the dork that hosts this show, full blown idiot in my opinion.
they have dropped some good ones over the years, the best being Brad Fry. Took the words right from my mouth pal , This twit is annoying as hell . Brad fry is the best and Dean Partridge is good also . Shockey can be ok as long as he is with clients , The episodes with Eva I find are terrible . Same goes for Cody . Maybe just me tho

BrookTrout
04-01-2018, 04:08 PM
Live 2 hunt is one of my favourites! I watch best of the west lots and just started to watch sheep shape. All PVR,ed. I leave wild tv on for my dog to watch while I’m not home, he’s the only one who sits and watches the channel

hoochie
04-01-2018, 10:36 PM

agreed. watched one episode where he was telling his sister or someone to walk around with your action open etc.. just everything about him bothered me. Never watched it again.

Codes44
04-02-2018, 03:25 PM
I totally agree. If you like to watch whitetail bow hunts in the southern U.S this is the channel for you. But if you're looking for a variety of hunts in different landscapes and areas of North America and beyond then you'll be disappointed. Way too much product pushing which I understand sponsors are a big part of the show and help fund most of these small programs but it's a bit much. There's just too little variety with 80% I would say being bow hunting whitetails. I canceled the channel after about a year, too repetitive. They could do a lot better in my opinion of being more diverse as far as what they show.

Codes44
04-02-2018, 03:26 PM
Cody Robbins is awesome, one of the best out there.

Kasey
04-10-2018, 05:21 PM
what do you all think of the quality of programming on WILD TV?

I find there are less than 1/4 of the shows I will actually sit and watch.
-way too many yanks hunting deer from a tree stand over a food plot= LAME..not really hunting..
-too many bear hunting from a tree stand shows ..lame- kinda hunting but not really
-skidoo shows? what does that have to do with hunting?
-Ryan goes rouge?? WTF that show is just r*****ed (sorry if this is politically incorrect to say)
-save the fishing shows for the fishing channel please...

-the best show is not even on any more as far as I can tell , cant remember the name but the host was Brad Fry
-I Like the shows where people are actually out looking for animals and stalking them
-I find the African safari shows cool to watch too

sorry just a little bored here waiting for supper to cook so thought I would rant :)

100% with everything you say ... particularly Brad Fry. Someone give me the cash for the trip and I'll be giving him a call!

Arctic Lake
10-06-2018, 09:02 AM
Just watched my first episode of Meat Eater Alaskan Moose Found it to be really enjoyable, the dialogue and man that scenery WOW ! I want to hunt in a place like that ! I have watched a couple of hunt shows on Wild but some are real cheesy and commercials man alive . Guess they have to pay the bills .
Arctic Lake

bigshooter
10-07-2018, 02:40 PM
I've found on several occasions that the guide for the channel doesn't coincide with the actual shows in that time slot. PVR doesn't end up recording what I wanted to watch. I watched one show that had a guy climb in a helicopter, fly around until he located some elk, then drove to the location, just to shoot it at 1000 yards. True sportsmanship and talent.

The Hermit
10-07-2018, 03:13 PM
I'm with Mr Dean on the damage it is doing... I like Live2Hunt but even his wild excitement could be seen as a bad example... I can forgive him though because of the quality of his kills!

Who ever that young douche bag that says "Smoked Him" all the time is the best example of the worst image hunters could have out there.

SR80
10-07-2018, 03:54 PM
they have dropped some good ones over the years, the best being Brad Fry.
That guy has to be the most annoying host I’ve ever seen. He is the reason I read through this thread. I wanted to see if anyone was as annoyed by him as I. “He shoots, he scores! Rawhide hunting baby!” Lol go f*ck yourself!!

top_gun223
10-07-2018, 05:03 PM
Reruns and commercials. Terrible waste of money