PDA

View Full Version : A case for General open season on all moose

horshur
08-22-2007, 08:50 AM
Perhaps it is double think Orwelian propaganda or what?????? but maybe this info could be passed on at the LEH review.:roll:
Don't know if there is consensus on this research or whether it is UN commissioned but regardless it sure inspires respect for professional scientists and researchers throughout the world--Al Gore himself may take up the cause and shoot a moose. Click on underlined link for breaking news story that will shock the global warming deniers and give moose hunters everywhere the repect they deserve---North Vancouverites will now cry at the sight of a loaded truck with a moose rack on the trailer--perhaps they may even sponsor a "Moose Hunters Pride Parade"

http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/0,1518,501145,00.html

The Hermit
08-22-2007, 08:56 AM
Ha my wife says I produce that much methane each year too! :-)

Fisher-Dude
08-22-2007, 09:08 AM
A better case for GOS on moose is that there is no conservation concern in most of the province, it would recruit and retain so many hunters that we lost when LEH became the tool of choice for 'fraidy-cat game managers, and GOS was supported when we had twice the hunters that we do now. Also, the provincial money coffers would do better with folks buying $25 moose tags instead of $6 LEHs, and actually going on moose hunts and spending mega $ instead of driving to Safeway to buy fatty beef roasts. Who can quantify the cost to the health care system from clogged arteries from beef fat compared to healthy hunters getting exercise and eating lean moose?

A Moose Hunters' Pride Parade - would that mean moose hunters in camoflage thongs or perhaps wool mackinaw print thongs dancing through the streets of Vancouver? Yuck.

30-06
08-22-2007, 09:11 AM
A better case for GOS on moose is that there is no conservation concern in most of the province, it would recruit and retain so many hunters that we lost when LEH became the tool of choice for 'fraidy-cat game managers, and GOS was supported when we had twice the hunters that we do now. Also, the provincial money coffers would do better with folks buying $25 moose tags instead of $6 LEHs, and actually going on moose hunts and spending mega $ instead of driving to Safeway to buy fatty beef roasts. Who can quantify the cost to the health care system from clogged arteries from beef fat compared to healthy hunters getting exercise and eating lean moose?

A Moose Hunters' Pride Parade - would that mean moose hunters in camoflage thongs or perhaps wool mackinaw print thongs dancing through the streets of Vancouver? Yuck.

well said well said

newhunterette
08-22-2007, 09:27 AM
A Moose Hunters' Pride Parade - would that mean moose hunters in camoflage thongs or perhaps wool mackinaw print thongs dancing through the streets of Vancouver? Yuck.[/quote]

Sometimes y'all really scare me

Chuck
08-22-2007, 10:17 AM
Who can quantify the cost to the health care system from clogged arteries from beef fat compared to healthy hunters getting exercise and eating lean moose?

Well said. I especially like the logic of this clever observation.

mapguy
08-22-2007, 01:20 PM
too funny newhunterette

Gun Dog
08-22-2007, 06:02 PM
Norway has some 120,000 moose but an estimated 35,000 are expected to be killed in this year's moose hunting season, which starts on September 25, Norwegian newspaper VG reported.That's 29%. In BC the (2003) estimate is 175,000 with 8,000 - 14,000 moose harvested annually. What's wrong with this picture?

horshur
08-22-2007, 07:02 PM
That's 29%. In BC the (2003) estimate is 175,000 with 8,000 - 14,000 moose harvested annually. What's wrong with this picture?

I posted this thread to be funny but........I think that BC likes feeding wolves and such--Norway and other scandinavian countries as I understand actively control wolves--IMO hunting moose in BC should be alot better than in Norway--It obviosly is not managed so. Lotsa fat wolves and such though.

Will
08-22-2007, 07:31 PM
It obviosly is not managed so. Lotsa fat wolves and such though.
Yep and loads of ICBC claims to match every Fat wolf..............:-(

Jagermeister
08-22-2007, 07:38 PM
It's my contention that the dinasours by chance all farted that the same time. There was a large release of CO and rapid climatic change as a result and that was the demise of the dinasours.:biggrin:

Do any of you remember a number of years ago when there was a massive number of people that died around a lake in Africa? No one was ever really certain why or how they died, but it was suspected that the lake turned over and released large quantites of H2S. The die-off included animals too.

Phreddy
08-25-2007, 11:01 PM

The thought of pink cammo just doesn't do it for me.:eek:

boonerbuck
08-26-2007, 01:49 PM
I posted this thread to be funny but........I think that BC likes feeding wolves and such--Norway and other scandinavian countries as I understand actively control wolves--IMO hunting moose in BC should be alot better than in Norway--It obviosly is not managed so. Lotsa fat wolves and such though.

Norway and the rest of Scandinavia are in a different situation all together.

The people who set the regulations, control the wolves, hunt, and population in general ARE THE INDINGINOUS PEOPLE.

Here there are two laws, two sets of management and two sets of justice. All based on race.

LEH IMO is to protect the native sustenance kill. With the loss of licence buying hunters over the years since the LEH blanket on the bottom half of the province, you can hardly say it's implemented for revenue.

As far as methane... the millions of buffalo that have been wiped out made a massive void of methane. The cattle farmers at most have made that up in the last half of the century but it's no worse than 200 years ago for bovine methane.

Lots of misconceptions about global warming are being spread. This planet has been warming up since the end of the last ice age. It's natural occurring. I think we may be accelerating it but the propaganda for blaming humans on the current warming trend are for the most part lies.