PDA

View Full Version : Spences Bridge Sheep Count

clutch
03-16-2018, 08:47 AM
Hello

Sheep Count for the Spences Bridge area this year will be April 7th.

We will have information packages that can be emailed out this year so we do not need to meet in Cache Creek beforehand. If some people would still like to meet and get a physical copy that can be arranged as well!

If you are interested in volunteering for this even please send us an email with your name and contact information. If you have 2 or 3 buddies to form a group please identify the group lead and participants. We will have some WSSBC and Sitka swag to five away to the volunteers this year!. Please register via email with a team leader, participants, contact information (phone and email), whether or not you have participated in this even before and where you are driving in from.

Register by emailing wssbc.communications@gmail.com

Can also phone me at 604-341-5138 with any questions.

Cheers!

Brady

bloody bellies
03-16-2018, 01:46 PM
just registered 4 of us, haven't been before sounds like a good time

clutch
03-17-2018, 06:25 PM
It's a blast. This year the snow up top should keep them down a little bit!

Chrispryn
03-17-2018, 06:31 PM
Just registered our group. Anyone got info on camping spots nearby for the traveling sheep enthusiasts?

stinkyduck
03-17-2018, 07:04 PM
Maybe Hilltop Gardens might let you stay there? They are located just east of spences bridge. Or if you are thinking Cache Creek there is the Brookside campsite. Savona would be the Steelhead park.

srupp
03-17-2018, 07:10 PM
Hmmm Acadia in Spenses Bridge. .cabins and camping..
Steven

Jelvis
03-17-2018, 07:14 PM
-- It's so good to see this thread, on HBC, and you groups of individuals volunteering is refreshing, you are the one's who need a slap on the back.
Jelvis -- good luck counting and don't slip on the steep spots. HBC has awesome members -- :) -- don't forget that -- HBC is part of the answer to conservation --

Greenthumbed
03-17-2018, 08:00 PM
Does anybody know if you need to show up with a team or can you show up solo and be teamed up once you arrive?

xfactor
03-18-2018, 07:25 AM
no reason you cannot go solo...there will be others organizers can hook you up with...send an email to the link above.

twoSevenO
03-18-2018, 10:46 AM
Do you guys know if either Spences or Kamloops count starting areas can be accessed by car? I don't want to insure the jeep and would prefer to drive the car up.
(reg 8 one provided transportation from the meeting area, so wondering if its the same thing here)

bighornbob
03-18-2018, 12:08 PM
Do you guys know if either Spences or Kamloops count starting areas can be accessed by car? I don't want to insure the jeep and would prefer to drive the car up.
(reg 8 one provided transportation from the meeting area, so wondering if its the same thing here)

90% of Spences areas are right on the highway so yes to your car.

bloody bellies
03-18-2018, 01:34 PM
Just registered our group. Anyone got info on camping spots nearby for the traveling sheep enthusiasts?

we will be camping there overnight as well, drove by there this weekend, sheep were low

mmckimmi
03-18-2018, 07:22 PM
Looking forward to it! See you all there

REMINGTON JIM
04-08-2018, 08:15 AM
So Fellow HBC ers who ? all when to Spences bridge for the BIG count ? and How was it it ? Lots of RAMs ? I HAD to Work so i missed it this year ! :frown: RJ

Brew
04-08-2018, 09:48 AM
It was a good time as usual. The weather could have been a lot better first thing in the am. Most of the sheep seemed to be bedded down and hard to spot. Missed you and Don in our group this year but Kurt told us some great hunting stories.
We didn’t see any rams in our area but a few groups seen some nice ones I heard

porthunter
04-08-2018, 10:21 AM
Saw 13 rams / 11 ewes / 2 lambs in our zone, 2 pretty good rams. Sheep were all over, some high some low.

Was a good day out other than a few hours of rain in the morning!

bloody bellies
04-08-2018, 01:40 PM
So Fellow HBC ers who ? all when to Spences bridge for the BIG count ? and How was it it ? Lots of RAMs ? I HAD to Work so i missed it this year ! :frown: RJ

it was a good outing, tough to spot them with the clouds hovering in and out , our group managed to count 30 sheep, cant remember our exact numbers but around 15 rams, 2 class 3 was the best we
saw with a few more class 2's

Greenthumbed
04-08-2018, 02:39 PM
Good times were had. Met up with some great folks and made some new friends. Camping out the night before was a lot of fun for my son and I. Weather turned a bit wet and foggy making it hard to glass. In the end we didn't spot one sheep in our zone on the Fraser river side. I guess it just wasn't our day. Glad I made the trip over from Golden.

mmckimmi
04-08-2018, 03:01 PM
An awesome two days. Camped the Friday night with a bunch of HBC members. Traded stories and drank some beers until late into the night. Saturday was pretty rainy and foggy until around 11 when it cleared up. Counted 5 rams in our area, 5km north of Spences Bridge , and lots of Mule Deer. All in all it was a great two days. Met lots of genuine guys and am looking forward to next year!

Bugle M In
04-08-2018, 03:30 PM
Good times were had. Met up with some great folks and made some new friends. Camping out the night before was a lot of fun for my son and I. Weather turned a bit wet and foggy making it hard to glass. In the end we didn't spot one sheep in our zone on the Fraser river side. I guess it just wasn't our day. Glad I made the trip over from Golden.

Coming from Golden...wow...good on you!

Greenthumbed
04-08-2018, 03:52 PM
Coming from Golden...wow...good on you!
I thought I might try to give something back. Volunteering a couple of days and some gas money for a good experience was an easy choice. Two days of quality time with my oldest boy was awesome!

REMINGTON JIM
04-08-2018, 08:45 PM
Sorry to have missed it BUT when work calls you have to go ! :icon_frow Good on all the Guys that did get there ! :) RJ

SR80
04-09-2018, 06:40 AM
We only saw 4 rams in our zone, all were class 3 rams. One younger ram was almost full curl and he looked to be only 4 years old. Saw tons of mulies, lots of empty liquor bottles and one bra!

bighornbob
04-09-2018, 11:57 AM
We only saw 4 rams in our zone, all were class 3 rams. One younger ram was almost full curl and he looked to be only 4 years old. Saw tons of mulies, lots of empty liquor bottles and one bra!

Were you at the large pull out, with all the gravel banks directly across the river? If so the bra was there 2 years ago.

BHB

walks with deer
04-09-2018, 12:16 PM
bighhorn bob was it yours????

SR80
04-10-2018, 06:39 AM
Hahah, no we were up a road off the highway, can't remember the name now. But it was in zone 10. Sounds like a couple of broads lost their bra's out that way!

bighornbob
04-10-2018, 09:49 AM
bighhorn bob was it yours????

No it wasnt ours but we thought of throwing it in the back window of another truck of guys glassing. The guy glassing said his wife would freak if she saw it in the back of his truck:):)

BHB

Jackdaw
04-10-2018, 10:05 AM
Had an awesome time and met some great people! Can't wait for next year

Ltbullken
04-10-2018, 12:17 PM
Couldn't attend. Had to move the daughter into her new place! Hope everyone had a good time and was able to provide useful information for future conservation efforts!