PDA

View Full Version : BCWF- AGM Registration EXTENSION!

BCWF
03-12-2018, 01:03 PM
https://scontent.fyyc3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/28871905_1683209945080382_4921084849567039488_n.jp g?oh=bffc8dcb02c92d6da54d8e65f484840d&oe=5B02D946

Registrations for the 62nd BCWF AGM & Convention have been extended to March 16, 2018!

Follow the link to find out more.

#saveBCfish #saveBCwildlife #BCWF #AGM

https://buff.ly/2DgwkGs

BCWF
03-15-2018, 09:50 AM
Registration is due TOMORROW!

IronNoggin
03-15-2018, 01:23 PM
Keynote Speaker: Weaver

Huh? That alone precludes me attending.
And depending on just what he has to say (I will be receiving reports) help make my decision as to whether to reaffirm my membership... Or Not...

Nog

lip_ripper00
03-15-2018, 10:59 PM
Really guys, with all the talk of putting up a good front for the trolls and give them ammunition, we are tearing ourselves apart from within for all to see!

Fisher-Dude
03-16-2018, 08:55 AM
Keynote Speaker: Weaver

Huh? That alone precludes me attending.
And depending on just what he has to say (I will be receiving reports) help make my decision as to whether to reaffirm my membership... Or Not...

Nog

False. Weaver is NOT the keynote speaker.

KEYNOTE SPEAKER
David Schindler, Killam Memorial Chair & Professor of Ecology (Emeritus), Dept
of Biological Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton

blacklab
03-16-2018, 12:24 PM
Maybe clarify something for us old knuckle draggers. Will Weaver be given a microphone and be allowed to address the assembly at the BCWF convention?
A simple yes or no will suffice.

TexasWalker
03-16-2018, 12:42 PM
Why is the BCWF inviting a speaker to the agm that refers to resident hunters as 'barbaric'??

IronNoggin
03-17-2018, 11:32 AM
2018 AGM Speakers
http://bcwf.net/images/M_images/agm2018/bcwf-keynote-weaver.jpg

Dr. Andrew Weaver was first elected MLA in the 2013 BC Provincial election to serve the riding of Oak Bay-Gordon Head. Since November 2015, Dr. Weaver has served as the Leader of the BC Green Party. In 2017, he was re-elected and now serves as the Leader of the Third Party, in BC’s first Green Party Caucus. Born and raised in Victoria, BC, he has a BSc in Mathematics & Physics from the University of Victoria, a Certificate of Advanced Studies in Mathematics from Cambridge University, and a PhD in Applied Mathematics from the University of British Columbia.
Prior to his election to the BC Legislature, Dr. Weaver served as Canada Research Chair in climate modelling and analysis in the School of Earth and Ocean Sciences at the University of Victoria. He was a Lead Author in the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th scientific assessments.
Dr. Weaver is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada, Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society, American Association for the Advancement of Science and the American Meteorological Society. Dr. Weaver was appointed to the Order of British Columbia in 2008 and awarded the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medal in 2013.
Dr. Weaver made the shift from science to politics to use his background in science, policy and the community to offer vital perspectives to strengthen our province and its future.
.................................................. ....................................

Reads like a Green playbook ad...
Nog

HappyJack
03-17-2018, 08:54 PM

Is this the new agenda save fish, save bc wildlife.....sounds like PETA to me. And having that Weaver at the meeting only makes it look like this is the new direction they are taking. Sad days ahead.

horshur
03-17-2018, 10:11 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/26m8fw.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/26m8fw)via Imgflip Meme Generator (https://imgflip.com/memegenerator)

TexasWalker
03-19-2018, 02:12 AM
Bump......

pricedo
03-19-2018, 04:29 AM
Turning into another anti-gun tree hugger association. :rolleyes:

IronNoggin
03-21-2018, 02:18 PM
Still waiting for a response BCWF... http://bigshotsbc.ca/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/NotHappy.gif

As are apparently one hell of a lot of other Members...

Getting Ticked,
Nog

hunter4life223
03-21-2018, 02:55 PM

Is this the new agenda save fish, save bc wildlife.....sounds like PETA to me. And having that Weaver at the meeting only makes it look like this is the new direction they are taking. Sad days ahead.

Whats to be expected when they suck out of the same bucket as Raincoast.

Bchunt
03-21-2018, 04:03 PM
BCWF - as I said in a previous thread, your communication and messaging sucks balls. It may be of benefit to clearly explain why Weaver was invited to attend this meeting and what the expected result of his attendance will be.

BCWF - it's time for a unified, consistent messaging process if you wish to have hunters on your side.

BCWF
03-21-2018, 04:09 PM
The BC Wildlife Federation’s Core Values include advocating for the public interest in natural resources. One of our most important roles is to provide science-based solutions and consistent recommendations to government decision-makers and to our members.

Representatives at all levels of government respect the BCWF because of our non-partisan, solution-focused and balanced approach to conservation.

At the upcoming BCWF Annual General Meeting and Convention in Kamloops, from April 11th to 14th, representatives from three provincial political parties elected to the Legislature will be attending and speaking to delegates about fish and wildlife issues.

· Minister Doug Donaldson, Forests, Lands, Natural Resources Operations and Rural Development

· Andrew Weaver, Leader of the B.C. Green Party

· Andrew Wilkinson, Leader of the B.C. Liberal Party

The BC Wildlife Federation has been encouraging its members to speak to their elected representatives to share concerns and ideas about how to address declining fish and wildlife populations.

The 2018 BCWF AGM and Convention, themed “Wildlife and Fisheries under Fire”, will provide an opportunity for delegates to speak directly to the provincial leaders of the Members of the Legislative Assembly.

Gateholio
03-21-2018, 04:11 PM
Has anyone actually called the BCWF to ask why Weaver is invited?

This BCWF forum is more for making announcements and updates rather than Q&A sessions.

TexasWalker
03-21-2018, 04:12 PM
The BC Wildlife Federation’s Core Values include advocating for the public interest in natural resources. One of our most important roles is to provide science-based solutions and consistent recommendations to government decision-makers and to our members.

Representatives at all levels of government respect the BCWF because of our non-partisan, solution-focused and balanced approach to conservation.

At the upcoming BCWF Annual General Meeting and Convention in Kamloops, from April 11th to 14th, representatives from three provincial political parties elected to the Legislature will be attending and speaking to delegates about fish and wildlife issues.

· Minister Doug Donaldson, Forests, Lands, Natural Resources Operations and Rural Development

The BC Wildlife Federation has been encouraging its members to speak to their elected representatives to share concerns and ideas about how to address declining fish and wildlife populations.

The 2018 BCWF AGM and Convention, themed “Wildlife and Fisheries under Fire”, will provide an opportunity for delegates to speak directly to the provincial leaders of the Members of the Legislative Assembly.

Sounds a lot like Trudeau during question period.

TexasWalker
03-21-2018, 04:14 PM
Has anyone actually called the BCWF to ask why Weaver is invited?

This BCWF forum is more for making announcements and updates rather than Q&A sessions.

Myself and many others have had multiple emails and phone calls go unanswered.

Rob Chipman
03-21-2018, 07:54 PM
Just thinking out loud here, but if I was running the BCWF and had a chance to invite Andrew Weaver to speak at a BCWF AGM I'd do so in a heartbeat.

Why? Simple. Two reasons.

1) It's called "Holding him accountable, up close and personal";
2) BCWF has said that politicians don't pay much attention to us because they don't really even know who we are. This is a chance to let him know who we are, and make him see two other politicians in the same ring at the same time.

Now, we can just write him off, and write off anyone else who doesn't say exactly what we like, but we know where that leads: to us in room talking to ourselves.

It's a big world with a lot pf players. We don't need to make treaties or alliances with our friends. We need to make them with the other guys. That's the only way we win.

Figger it out.

Onesock
03-21-2018, 08:03 PM
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer!

horshur
03-21-2018, 08:29 PM
Just thinking out loud here, but if I was running the BCWF and had a chance to invite Andrew Weaver to speak at a BCWF AGM I'd do so in a heartbeat.

Why? Simple. Two reasons.

1) It's called "Holding him accountable, up close and personal";
2) BCWF has said that politicians don't pay much attention to us because they don't really even know who we are. This is a chance to let him know who we are, and make him see two other politicians in the same ring at the same time.

Now, we can just write him off, and write off anyone else who doesn't say exactly what we like, but we know where that leads: to us in room talking to ourselves.

It's a big world with a lot pf players. We don't need to make treaties or alliances with our friends. We need to make them with the other guys. That's the only way we win.

Figger it out.
How are you holding him accountable?
Wildlife federation doesn't even know who they are anymore but we sure as hell know who weaver is don't we?

dana
03-21-2018, 09:11 PM

interesting....How many pissed off members called this week before Wilkinson was invited??? Damn, why did that dana guy have to expose that booboo eh? ;)

mpotzold
03-21-2018, 11:35 PM
False. Weaver is NOT the keynote speaker.

KEYNOTE SPEAKER
David Schindler, Killam Memorial Chair & Professor of Ecology (Emeritus), Dept
of Biological Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton

Keynote Speaker defined-someone who gives the main address at a formal gathering such as a conference.

D.S. is a strong believer in AGW & was one of six people who signed the complaint.
See following article.

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/local-news/competition-bureau-should-probe-claims-of-climate-change-deniers-u-of-a-prof-says

What to expect
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7prLRFOEq4

And we know what Andy thinks of fossil fuels.
So there you have it!:mrgreen:
2 peas in the pod.:mrgreen:

Rob Chipman
03-23-2018, 05:02 PM
"How are you holding him accountable?"

Not having a lot of resources at my beck and call the only thing I can do to keep him accountable is help influence public opinion. If I can do that (and granted, it's a big "if") I get myself into a position to yank on his leash a bit.

Will it work? Can I do it?

I dunno. But what I do know is that the only tool I have is my ability to influence people and making Weaver and anyone else know I have that tool and making that tool look big enough for him to take notice of.

I doubt anything else is going to work. Not a pretty picture, I get it, but really, we don't have a big toolbox so we've got to work with what we've got.

BTW, Mr. Weaver and I have a history of communication. I have a good memory. After years of grinding out a living doing what i do I have no problem talking turkey to someone and highlighting where they've either "misspoken" (which gives them a chance to correct themselves) or lied. At the very least it makes it clear to them that they aren't fooling me. It's worth seeing that realization in their eyes. We are never going to see that in anyone's eyes when we're talking through a keyboard. You need to be belly to belly with them. Again, it's worth it. I hope to get some face time with him at the AGM.

mpotzold
04-14-2018, 10:02 AM
BCWF LIVE
https://www.facebook.com/BCWildlifeFederation/videos/vb.212034768864581/1719243491477027/?type=3&theater