PDA

View Full Version : Needle Fish Lures. King spring killers

walks with deer
03-08-2018, 05:15 PM
Looking for some needle fish lures for Trolling.. heard that's how you get those ancient 5 year old returning chinook.

Anybody recommend a good lure I heard there was some great options to get that where BC made but I can only seem to find hoochies and flies.

Did the Lure Company go Belly up or am I not looking in the right place?

Getting ready for next season!

Spy
03-08-2018, 06:46 PM
Iron Nogging was selling a killer version of the needle fish, I think you burnt that bridge though lol.

walks with deer
03-08-2018, 06:55 PM
rats i thought the hbc team was strong..
was selling? whats the line...maybe he could send me some? i will keep looking.

Sitkaspruce
03-08-2018, 07:30 PM
Lots of options for needle fish lures.

Gibbs, Silver Horde, Peetz and others all make lures for needlefish. Google is your friend.

I personally like squirts or flash flies over spoons as spoons get bent up over those bigger fish.

I fish spoons when offshore or when there is lots of coho or jacks around.

Cheers

SS

walks with deer
03-08-2018, 08:26 PM
hmm spent some time googling..was looking for experiance... bait theives suck when thwy are smashing it up and no hook up.

willyqbc
03-08-2018, 08:46 PM
We have had good luck with Brads Super baits....not needle fish, but very effective way to deal with bait stealers and still have real meat in the water...best of both worlds.

VLD43
03-08-2018, 08:47 PM
If your trolling, you can use tiny strip in a small strip head. If you want big springs, I would suggest you learn how to mooch or cut plug. I used to cut plug off the west coast of the island, and got into lots of very good springs. With cut plugging, you get a hell of a lot more fight out of a fish. Their not towing the flasher around and wearing themselves out. The only thing you have is a small weight and some hooks. You can also fish in real close, and take advantage of areas the troller's can't get into. 40 feet of water, right off the kelp bed. it's very exciting when you see the rod tip start move.

walks with deer
03-13-2018, 11:55 AM
that sounds like a blast...
my last trip the coho where hitting the halibut jig at the back of the boat