PDA

View Full Version : Grand forks hunting

monasheemountainman
03-07-2018, 12:13 PM
Looking at some property on the Granby. read some mixed reviews on the hunting in the area. what is the dealio these days? fair MD numbers up in the hills? I imagine the WT hunting is decent along the river but would need to talk to some landowners. Turkey, elk, bears?

Im excited to just kick my feet up along the river, and ive read the fishing is good.

DeepJeep
03-07-2018, 12:41 PM
All i can tell you is that it was CRAZY busy during hunting season last fall. Burell FSR is pretty much a highway but I am sure if you venture out you can find some animals. Talked to some locals in the West Kootenays about Granby, and their response: not what it used to be. Furthermore, good portion of deer is on private land. I did have decent sighting in 2016 though on crown land.

monasheemountainman
03-07-2018, 01:30 PM
thanks DJ.....funny grand forks is pretty out in the middle of nowhere I wouldnt think it would be so busy. Ill have to put up a tree stand on my property :)

wolfpack
03-07-2018, 01:50 PM
Looking at some property on the Granby. read some mixed reviews on the hunting in the area. what is the dealio these days? fair MD numbers up in the hills? I imagine the WT hunting is decent along the river but would need to talk to some landowners. Turkey, elk, bears?

Im excited to just kick my feet up along the river, and ive read the fishing is good.

I own 300+ acres on the Granby send me a PM.

604redneck
03-07-2018, 02:59 PM

Not really what people consider in the middle of nowhere that being said the whitetail hunting is good. Elk is good to the north and alot of bears. I was going to work for the outfitter there a few years ago. You should buy land up north and hunter host me though lol.

monasheemountainman
03-07-2018, 03:40 PM
Not really what people consider in the middle of nowhere that being said the whitetail hunting is good. Elk is good to the north and alot of bears. I was going to work for the outfitter there a few years ago. You should buy land up north and hunter host me though lol.
well the closest "city" is kelowna i wouldnt think it would see too much traffic but hey what do I know. Ill hunter host you if you hunter host me :)

ACE
03-07-2018, 03:46 PM
25 acres Danshin Village Rd. For Sale

goatdancer
03-07-2018, 05:17 PM
All i can tell you is that it was CRAZY busy during hunting season last fall. Burell FSR is pretty much a highway but I am sure if you venture out you can find some animals. Talked to some locals in the West Kootenays about Granby, and their response: not what it used to be. Furthermore, good portion of deer is on private land. I did have decent sighting in 2016 though on crown land.

Was busy for a lot of years. The campsite at 28mile bridge used to be packed during the white tail rut.

Fisher-Dude
03-07-2018, 05:27 PM

Interestingly, whitetail deer hunter numbers are down by 35.4% in the 2000s compared to the 1990s in 8-15. Mule deer hunters are similarly down 39.7% comparing the same periods.

So, it certainly isn't busier than it used to be.

604redneck
03-07-2018, 10:54 PM
Interestingly, whitetail deer hunter numbers are down by 35.4% in the 2000s compared to the 1990s in 8-15. Mule deer hunters are similarly down 39.7% comparing the same periods.

So, it certainly isn't busier than it used to be.

No you just notice people more now cause they don't get out of the truck or off the quad.

walks with deer
03-07-2018, 10:59 PM
The grand by is catch and release below 28mile last I checked.. but plugged full of rainbows in September plan on bringing my son and daughter with there fly rods for some dry fly action... I threw grasshoppers of the bridge at the fork and they disappeared as they hit the water.