PDA

View Full Version : One handed Knives Illegal to import into Canada

albee
03-03-2018, 08:36 AM
https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-1552

As some of you may or not be aware in early January the CBSA ruled that all knives that can be opened with one hand are illegal to import into Canada. They have ruled these are prohibitive weapons.

This not only includes spring assisted knives but also knives with a thumb stud, nail notch or a kicker on the blade. There is a petition started to have this reversed and I have attached it here. Please sign and share.

Full disclosure, I am the Western Canadian rep for Buck knives

Full ruling here https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/cn-ad/cn18-01-eng.html

Ride Red
03-03-2018, 09:11 AM
Done. Love those Buck folders.

Jelvis
03-03-2018, 09:35 AM
I cood b in beeeg tub bell I got a flick out with a thumb stud and it's deadly Hedley, one flick and you see a razor sharp 5 inch blade with a razor tip flash b4 your eyes.
-- Jel -- it's a weapon that is deadly -- 123 - abc -- your up a tree --

Knute
03-03-2018, 10:20 AM
WTF?

Love my Buck Vantage Force Pro for EDC. The one handed operation to open is indispensable.

willyqbc
03-03-2018, 11:04 AM
Good grief.....what possible purpose of public safety does this serve? "if only he would have had to use 2 hands, he never could have stabbed that guy!!!!"

even if you were talking spring loaded like a switch blade.....still not gonna bring it into action quicker than a fixed blade, which is obviously perfectly legal.

........I don't get it.........

bottles
03-03-2018, 12:48 PM
Signed it. I hadn't heard anything about this.

Spy
03-03-2018, 01:06 PM
Good grief.....what possible purpose of public safety does this serve? "if only he would have had to use 2 hands, he never could have stabbed that guy!!!!"

even if you were talking spring loaded like a switch blade.....still not gonna bring it into action quicker than a fixed blade, which is obviously perfectly legal.

........I don't get it.........
Pretty much sums it up, shake head in disbelief ???????

cptnoblivious
03-03-2018, 01:50 PM
I actually sent this to a VPD member I know to get his opinion and to see if they are changing anything enforcement wise. I don't think I've bought a folding knife in the last 5 years that _didn't_ have the ability to be opened with a simply flick of the wrist.

Monashee
03-03-2018, 03:29 PM
Guess my opinel #7 illegal now , it is so old the blade drops open by gravity . Interesting how you can still buy folding knives with thumb studs at BC sporting good stores ... and bladescanada raised their prices on some of them by $20 lately lol

Moose Guide
03-03-2018, 04:33 PM
Weed ain't legal yet Jelly, PUT DOWN THE BONG!!!

limit time
03-03-2018, 04:38 PM
And people laughed at the UK for this. Well know it’s Canada...