PDA

View Full Version : The tinfoil hats are a little tight?

Bustercluck
02-27-2018, 06:55 PM
Just thought I'd start a thread about the deleted survey thread. For those that were bashing the survey and obviously didn't click on the link. There was a number at the bottom to report the survey for ethical reasons. 1-877-822-8598. I thought it was a good way to get our ideals across to a different audience, as long as you have nothing to hide

IslandWanderer
02-27-2018, 06:59 PM
I participated in the survey, and it seemed alright to me.

Bustercluck
02-27-2018, 07:02 PM
I'm sure that deleting the thread based on paranoia will definitely represent us in a more positive manner

180grainer
02-27-2018, 07:08 PM
I'm glad it was removed. Perhaps they can approach the BCWF and discuss the purpose of their research and the BCWF can endorse participating....or not. Sorry, I'm sick and tired of being lied to by these people. Look at all the stellar research posted by the likes of Raincoast et al. Where do you think they came from? David Suzuki? Nothing good comes out of Universities anymore. They're all leftist bent a-holes. When's the last time you spoke to a University student who championed the Bill of Rights, the 2nd amendment, or the Constitution. I realize those are American but you get my drift. The only time they get riled up is when they're taking about white privilege or transgender bathrooms.

IronNoggin
02-27-2018, 07:15 PM
Just thought I'd start a thread about the deleted survey thread. For those that were bashing the survey and obviously didn't click on the link. I thought it was a good way to get our ideals across to a different audience, as long as you have nothing to hide

:roll:

They care not about your ideals. Period. You are Cannon Fodder. Really.

I answered the survey (not completed) both here and on AO a week ago (when asked to check these people and what they were up to out).

By their own proud display on their bios, they are completely immersed in the Animal Welfare Program at UBC - a recognized breeding ground for those who love to degenerate us for what we do.
The second "author" is listed nowhere on any UBC listing.
They refused to clarify on AO just what the information being collected was to be used for.
They had a week to do so.
They did the same here.

I did more than click the link, I investigated. Did You?
What I found was that caution was called for, and that all indications were and are these people were out to collect whatever "dirt" they could on hunters & hunting.

They sat and watched themselves get repeatedly questioned, yet did not defend themselves, nor note what the title of the supposed thesis is, nor how any data collected would be employed.
Absolutely counter to any and all researcher's behavior I know, and I have known more than a few.
Hell, I was one myself at one time.

So, you can believe whatever you want.
I call that NAIVE, to the point of your own detriment.
In IW's case, I can understand the why. Insufficient experience.
You, IG and one or two others just become a little more questionable in my eyes.
Defending an enemy usually carries that with.
Perhaps it is ignorance in your case. Or perhaps it is not...

Dealt with multitudes of Anti's over the years. These bore the definitive fingerprint.

Cheers,
Nog

Jelvis
02-27-2018, 07:15 PM
A+ -- Good moderating as far as I'm concerned, caused contentions off the start and kept going and HBC members are more important than some friendly stranger.
The mod saw what was going on and made a decision. A decision was made and that is the positive side, some can't make decisions.
-- Now a daze you have trolls in all aspects of the social scene trying to chat you up then poke fun.
Jello -- we are hunters first and that's what we are, we were born hunters not made into a hunter -- born hunter in the dna the blood line. Hunters first! :-) -

180grainer
02-27-2018, 07:20 PM
Sometimes disclosing what the purpose of the survey is defeats the purpose of the survey. So like I said. They can approach the BCWF and explain what it's about. If they sign off on it, I'll consider it.

horshur
02-27-2018, 07:23 PM
education system unfortunately is not our friend. Postmodernism has a stranglehold and is hell bent on deconstructing all western civilizations framework. Which the North American model of conservation is a part of. The animal rights groups world view are frightening like nazi germany. Don't be deceived.

lip_ripper00
02-27-2018, 07:24 PM
In future, these people with 1 post, just joining the forum should start with admin?

lip_ripper00
02-27-2018, 07:29 PM
In future, these people with 1 post, just joining the forum should start with admin?
To see if a survey’s such as this should be allowed.

srupp
02-27-2018, 07:35 PM
Hmmm..i did do the survey..in before the bell.the answers will not help any anti hunting group...I THINK.
I don't apologize to anyone for being a hunter.nothing asked revealed any secret squirrel material.
I am interested in why..but when associated with university did not think...big problem with me heart often over rides my head..i did not forsee any major issues.

GMA"
got me again

Jelvis
02-27-2018, 07:37 PM
I'd just leave like this, it worked out good anyways.
Jel -- my opinion - we all were on it and we all participated and the mod closed it out which was good.

willyqbc
02-27-2018, 07:37 PM
Holy crap.....something is VERY, VERY wrong with this thread........Jelly bean's post is completely coherent....and doesn't even rhyme anywhere..... someone go to his house, i think he's been kidnapped and his account taken over by an imposter!!!!

Iron Glove
02-27-2018, 07:40 PM
:roll:
So, you can believe whatever you want.
I call that NAIVE, to the point of your own detriment.
In IW's case, I can understand the why. Insufficient experience.
You, IG and one or two others just become a little more questionable in my eyes.
Defending an enemy usually carries that with.
Perhaps it is ignorance in your case. Or perhaps it is not...

Dealt with multitudes of Anti's over the years. These bore the definitive fingerprint.

Cheers,
Nog

Think what you want, that's the beauty of a Democracy.
As I clearly stated in the original thread, I answered the "survey" and have absolutely zero concerns about doing so.
I really, really don't care if I'm a "little more questionable" in your eyes, your opinion of me is irrelevant.
I do agree that the pollsters should have first approached the Admin here to see if it was permitted.
Methinks that some here should remember the words of the famous song that says: "Paranoia strikes deep."
Gotta run, off to hockey.

REMINGTON JIM
02-27-2018, 07:41 PM

Absolutely ! Who knows who they are and there REAL motive ? jmo RJ

REMINGTON JIM
02-27-2018, 07:42 PM
Holy crap.....something is VERY, VERY wrong with this thread........Jelly bean's post is completely coherent....and doesn't even rhyme anywhere..... someone go to his house, i think he's been kidnapped and his account taken over by an imposter!!!!

Just taking his MEDs on time ! :) RJ

Big Lew
02-27-2018, 07:44 PM
Well, I didn't insult, nor did I accuse anyone in my response....but I did type my concerns
and I stand by them until, as '180grainer' suggests, they approach a recognized organization
for direction and approval. Maybe those university students are truly 'on the up and up', but
if so, they're pretty naive in today's environment.

charlie_horse
02-27-2018, 08:01 PM
Q: What does a good hunter do before and during a hunt?
A:I have breakfast before and during, a quick timber tug.

IronNoggin
02-27-2018, 08:10 PM
LOL! :lol:

... Methinks that some here should remember the words of the famous song that says: "Paranoia strikes deep."

Or as my dear departed sister used to quote:

Perfect Paranoia is Perfect Awareness. :twisted:

Have a good game...

Cheers,
Nog

180grainer
02-27-2018, 08:29 PM
He might be having a stroke.

Big Lew
02-27-2018, 08:30 PM

Have a good game...

Cheers,
Nog

I like that....if only I could remember it when a time comes, lol!

180grainer
02-27-2018, 08:35 PM
Methinks that some here should remember the words of the famous song that says: "Paranoia strikes deep."

Paranoia suggests an irrational concern. Sorry, it's not irrational to have concerns about this. The last pole the government did to see if we would have to take out Grizzly meat resulted in a blindside ban on the hunt altogether. This despite clear scientific data that indicated the hunt did not jeopardize the Grizzly population. Unfortunately, the Left view hunting not as an expression of one's heritage or as a means by which people stay connected with the environment in a ever increasing mechanized/computerized world, but an abomination perpetrated by "sick individuals" who've not been enlightened like they have.......of course unless you're an Indian. Then it's perfectly ok and they'll go out of their way to idol worship it.

tuner
02-27-2018, 09:14 PM
Paranoia suggests an irrational concern. Sorry, it's not irrational to have concerns about this. The last pole the government did to see if we would have to take out Grizzly meat resulted in a blindside ban on the hunt altogether. This despite clear scientific data that indicated the hunt did not jeopardize the Grizzly population. Unfortunately, the Left view hunting not as an expression of one's heritage or as a means by which people stay connected with the environment in a ever increasing mechanized/computerized world, but an abomination perpetrated by "sick individuals" who've not been enlightened like they have.......of course unless you're an Indian. Then it's perfectly ok and they'll go out of their way to idol worship it.

180 I gotta say, I don’t always agree with your choices for sources of information, but your perspective on some subject matter couldn’t be more spot on, you have great powers of observation, good post,
althought I still refuse to take Alex Jones seriously. :razz:

HarryToolips
02-27-2018, 09:42 PM
^^^^x2........

180grainer
02-27-2018, 10:13 PM
I still refuse to take Alex Jones seriously. :razz:

Lets work on that.....:)

Iron Glove
02-27-2018, 11:58 PM
Have a good game...
Cheers,
Nog

Well, considering my age I did have a decent game, thanks.
But, back to the "poll" I really don't see anything wrong with hunters expressing their views in a Poll, whether we like the source of it or not.
For those who didn't take the Poll, there was a very small number of questions and you had the ability to express an opinion or whatever on a few hunting topics. It wasn't simply a "Do you or don't you" kind of poll.
At least our voiced opinions might skew the results of the Poll a bit in our favour.
The alternative would be to not partake of these polls and leave the results to possibly look bad for hunters. WE lose a chance to voice our opinions.
What are we, or should we, be afraid of ??
I, like others, did a bit of digging into some of the names involved and if I'm correct one of the names, based on the last name and some things revealed in the Bio might indicate a considerable personal, or family involvement in an aspect of hunting. If so, we've just laid a big egg.
Nog, I sincerely appreciate the considerable work that you do on behalf of hunters and respect your considerable knowledge however when someone says I'm "more questionable" simply because I see no problem with a Poll then I have to question that person's integrity.

Bustercluck
02-28-2018, 01:49 AM
If you didn't take the poll. It might be worth cosnsidering the fact that people with a completely different view than your own are representing you.

Steeleco
02-28-2018, 05:53 AM
I'm sure that deleting the thread based on paranoia will definitely represent us in a more positive manner

Your not new here? First off they were not even a Canadian. This in NOT the first Survey that has been tried here and has given all hunters a bad name. We have had legitimate ones that were approved first, no issues. As for "paranoid" we call it experience. We have active posters that are conducting their own "survey" We have members from all political views with their own agendas. Some we know of, some we are still learning.

Lastly for those who don't like how we maintain and administer this site for the betterment of us all, the EXIT is easy to find!

Big Lew
02-28-2018, 08:02 AM
"
Your not new here? First off they were not even a Canadian. This in NOT the first Survey that has been tried here and has given all hunters a bad name. We have had legitimate ones that were approved first, no issues. As for "paranoid" we call it experience."

I was hoping to hear from you.....thanks!

REMINGTON JIM
02-28-2018, 08:54 AM
REMEMBER : Mr Green party - Andrew Weaver was a PLANT on here ! Still think theres a few others here still too ! jmo RJ

Fisher-Dude
02-28-2018, 09:54 AM
REMEMBER : Mr Green party - Andrew Weaver was a PLANT on here ! Still think theres a few others here still too ! jmo RJ

Can you provide a peer reviewed link to that? ;) :p

albravo2
02-28-2018, 10:53 AM
Nobody has mentioned how filling out a survey like this one would give hunters a bad name so lots of us don't understand the risks.

Are people telling a random surveyor that they drink and hunt? Or give up easy on searching for wounded animals? Or use illegal or unethical means? Or cape an animal while letting the meat rot?

Or are the surveyors changing the responses to make hunters look bad? Strikes me it would be easier just to make stuff up in the first place.

Lots of people are genuinely asking why filling out the survey paints hunters in a bad light and the only response I'm reading is 'They are antis.'.

Fisher-Dude
02-28-2018, 11:09 AM
Survey questions are carefully crafted to be exploited.

Survey question: Do you as a hunter believe that you should use a rifle with sufficient power for hunting?

Headline in the news: New survey reveals that hunters are trigger-happy barbarians that want to blow animals apart with high-powered rifles!

Mosin
02-28-2018, 11:22 AM

Probably because this is a serious issue to us including him. There is a time to have fun a time to be serious especially when shyt like this needs to be addressed. Excellent posts coming out from whomever is posting under Jelvis...doesn't matter if it's him or not...it makes good sense.

Mosin
02-28-2018, 11:24 AM
Survey questions are carefully crafted to be exploited.

Survey question: Do you as a hunter believe that you should use a rifle with sufficient power for hunting?

Headline in the news: New survey reveals that hunters are trigger-happy barbarians that want to blow animals apart with high-powered rifles!

You are quite right. Gotta be careful and look into how questions and comments are worded these days. I personally am suspect of anyone posting up a survey with only one post under his/her belt. I'm more used to people asking "where is a 4pt located?" As a 1st post not a survey lol.

Jelvis
02-28-2018, 03:44 PM
These types of survey stuff is a gimmick to make money, all things are. Somehow eventually we wood pay.
-- these losers use this information out of context and shortened reports cut out what they want and say oh it makes it shorter in time to read this way.
- One or two of these people could be interested in hunting information to a certain point and are not total losers yet many others will use it to their advantage.
It's common on the web now.
--Our moderator was on the ball, proved to be the best choice now for sure.
These people use this selected parts of information in different settings with different people and groups.
Jel -- Hunters don't need these parasites anymore than a wood tick which iz coming out soon -- we are hunters first and hunter's are first -- don't 4 git dat!

REMINGTON JIM
03-01-2018, 10:29 AM
Hmm ! :rolleyes: Where's Jassmine - our Rabbit hunter :wink: lol RJ

BigfishCanada
03-01-2018, 01:00 PM
Paranoia...? WTF, Listen Buster, i am doing a survey, please send me your bank info, mothers maiden name, and full contact details. It will help you with a number of future great things...

Elkhound
03-01-2018, 01:34 PM
First off. I am the one that removed it. I also sent them a message to contact me to discuss such survey. They so far have not. We on HBC have been burned on more than one occasion with surveys or answering questions only to see our words twisted on some anti hunting rainforest publication.

So I would remove it again. They can still contact me

Petros65
03-01-2018, 01:57 PM
First off. I am the one that removed it. I also sent them a message to contact me to discuss such survey. They so far have not. We on HBC have been burned on more than one occasion with surveys or answering questions only to see our words twisted on some anti hunting rainforest publication.

Good call !

jassmine
03-01-2018, 02:58 PM

What previous surveys here were incorporated into research articles?

Bustercluck
03-01-2018, 04:04 PM
Paranoia...? WTF, Listen Buster, i am doing a survey, please send me your bank info, mothers maiden name, and full contact details. It will help you with a number of future great things...
I think your questions are slightly different than they were asking. I can't remember exactly, but I think the first question was... what makes a good hunter? And the second question was something along the lines of... what do you do to prepare for a hunt?

I'm pretty sure I could start a thread asking these questions and nobody would have a problem answering them.

Bustercluck
03-01-2018, 04:07 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?143064-What-kind-of-hunter-are-you

Maybe the guy who started this thread is a mole looking for dirt...

Wild one
03-01-2018, 04:19 PM
The ? In the survey were really not bad. Some worry too much

they were not good ? For collecting data good or bad in my opinion

Steeleco
03-01-2018, 05:01 PM

No they can't!! Some head strong admin here won't approve their new account LOL

REMINGTON JIM
03-01-2018, 05:06 PM

Perfect ! -Great CALL ! jmo RJ

quadrakid
03-01-2018, 05:44 PM
i agree. Over the years we have seen a number of people come on this site to supposedly gather info and they all seem to have an agenda that is not in our best interests.

quadrakid
03-01-2018, 05:46 PM
the worst survey was the one the bc govt did,i told them what i thought of their survey when i got to the question where they wanted to know how much money i would spend to continue hunting.etc all money questions. i told them you can,t put a money value on wildlife.

Magnumb
03-01-2018, 06:31 PM
Good call Elkhound! Everything seems so hypersensitive right now.
The anti's are looking for any and all opportunity to take away opportunities to hunt/shoot. Give an inch...

Ferenc
03-01-2018, 06:35 PM

You see all they could have done is the same as you have .... went through the HBC forums and found exactly what you have.... wealth of information here .

180grainer
03-03-2018, 05:37 PM
What previous surveys here were incorporated into research articles?

I didn't get what he said as being related to research articles per se. "Surveys" which are then twisted in a Raincoast publication. Mad magazine is a publication....although somewhat more reliable in it's ability to convey truth than Raincoast.

Jagermeister
03-03-2018, 06:10 PM
Removal of that thread was the proper thing to do. I didn't participate because we are too easily lead by those that would like to demonize us and that survey had the content that could be used in that manner.